• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Thanks Dec, funnily enough that's almost exactly the build I arrived at on my own on my first try, only I maxed projections and left psionic maelstrom whatever as a 1-pointer, because I was thinking of going melee-only. Do you have something in Omega that procs vulnerability or just dgaf?

I'm not Dec, but you're welcome! I do have one point in Psionic Vortex for 10% extra damage vulnerability. So technically, I've only put 19 points into Katana Typhoon. I use Vortex for cosmics and solo play, but don't even touch it during a raid. Other characters apply the vulnerability using skills that are regular parts of their rotation, so I don't bother.

And instead of Psionic Assault I put those points into Psionic Projection. It is a straight damage increase because the illusions follow you when you assassinate. So you spam her teleport to get to someone, spawning illusions, then assassinate and like 3 illusions assassinate with you, then they all typhoon and lotus strike. Each illusion does like 10% of your damage so throughout them it seemed like a pretty significant damage increase.

I'll double check the numbers when I get home tonight, but I can't imagine the projections matching up with with another layered dot always ticking on a boss. If this game has taught me anything, it's that you max the dots on your characters unless they are specifically garbage or your character has too many of them (a la Jean Grey). I'll test max projections, but I think mine are already level 27 with just one point in them.

Edit: I also put 1 point in her dash. It is very good to mix into her teleports when traversing terminals because it makes your next hit give back 25 spirit. It can't be procced by itself but since her teleport does damage that will proc it. Teleport -> teleport -> see enemies -> dash -> teleport through them -> full spirit infinitely.

I've never experienced spirit problems with her default dash/teleport. I straight rush through cosmics with her dashing the entire time and don't run out of spirit. Whatever I need to regen pops up immediately when I hit her signature on the boss. I suppose you could work in a dash for regen purposes while you are evading a raid boss attack, but I didn't run out of spirit on any sustained fight since the patch. I'd rather use that skill point to boost something that directly adds damage to the build.

I haven't gotten all the story rewards, but I was planning on putting them in Psionic Projection.

I have all the available skill points and nothing else left over to put into projections. Like I said, mine hits something like level 27 with just my gear and 1 skill point, and every skill in my build are direct damage boost to attacks in my regular rotation.

I will run a few boss tests tonight maxing projections instead of psionic assault, but based on the tooltip I don't really see it comparing.

Dec

I'm not Dec, but you're welcome! I do have one point in Psionic Vortex for 10% extra damage vulnerability. So technically, I've only put 19 points into Katana Typhoon. I use Vortex for cosmics and solo play, but don't even touch it during a raid. Other characters apply the vulnerability using skills that are regular parts of their rotation, so I don't bother.

I'll double check the numbers when I get home tonight, but I can't imagine the projections matching up with with another layered dot always ticking on a boss. If this game has taught me anything, it's that you max the dots on your characters unless they are specifically garbage or your character has too many of them (a la Jean Grey). I'll test max projections, but I think mine are already level 27 with just one point in them.

I've never experienced spirit problems with her default dash/teleport. I straight rush through cosmics with her dashing the entire time and don't run out of spirit. Whatever I need to regen pops up immediately when I hit her signature on the boss. I suppose you could work in a dash for regen purposes while you are evading a raid boss attack, but I didn't run out of spirit on any sustained fight since the patch. I'd rather use that skill point to boost something that directly adds damage to the build.

I have all the available skill points and nothing else left over to put into projections. Like I said, mine hits something like level 27 with just my gear and 1 skill point, and every skill in my build are direct damage boost to attacks in my regular rotation.

I will run a few boss tests tonight maxing projections instead of psionic assault, but based on the tooltip I don't really see it comparing.

Yea I'm not saying my build is the best, someone asked for my build so I explained my slight variations from the standard build.

Her dash looks cool, can be alternated between the teleport to avoid the 0.5 second cd, making movement barely faster, and used in the rare circumstances you need spirit or get to the other side of an enemy when assassinate is on cd. For 1 point, I like having it but I understand it isn't necessary.

I'm sure Psionic Assault is a good ability, and the dot damage probably beats or matches the damage of maxing Psionic Projection but in another personal build choice I'd rather make my core abilities deal more damage than add another to my rotation. It's not as if my damage is lacking without it.

Yea I'm not saying my build is the best, someone asked for my build so I explained my slight variations from the standard build.

Her dash looks cool, can be alternated between the teleport to avoid the 0.5 second cd, making movement barely faster, and used in the rare circumstances you need spirit or get to the other side of an enemy when assassinate is on cd. For 1 point, I like having it but I understand it isn't necessary.

I'm sure Psionic Assault is a good ability, and the dot damage probably beats or matches the damage of maxing Psionic Projection but in another personal build choice I'd rather make my core abilities deal more damage than add another to my rotation. It's not as if my damage is lacking without it.

True on all accounts. I had one point in dash prior to the QOL changes, and found it fun. I disliked how short both her movement skills were, but with the cooldown reduction and the mini-teleport function, I'm loving her new default. I haven't even seen the later dash now, so I wonder what it looks like.

I've stuck with Psionic Assault because it was/is one of the core abilities in my build. In fact, the only change I made since the last patch was dropping Psi Strike from my build and putting all those points into Assassinate instead. There's no longer a need to rotate between Kirisute and Psi Strike to manage two different resources, so there's no need for both in the build.

I'm happy that I was able to get almost the exact same spec with better utility, speed, durability, and damage. Just an outstanding patch altogether for Psylocke.

Moondrop

Banned
Anyone here use Scarlet Witch? Is her Implosion a better AoE than Chaos Warp (the giant red bubble)?
I took Wanda to 60. I'm generally not a fan of the Implosion abilities, even on Jean- they imply you've got some kind of small radius AoE with which to follow up. My Scarlet Witch rotation involved layering all DoTs then hiding in Chaos Warp while everyone drops.

LuuKyK

I'm not going to tell you my name.

It's so creepy that you constantly ask and makes me feel uncomfortable I'm going to have to report you to the authorities now.

He also flooded my steam chat asking for my name like... every single day. :lol

He is just a bit creepy, but thats how he is, and we like him like that
right?
, so there.

:p

KePoW

Banned
He also flooded my steam chat asking for my name like... every single day. :lol

He is just a bit creepy, but thats how he is, and we like him like that
right?
, so there.

:p

hey buddie where u been?!

u never told me ur address where u live at?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry about that Trag, I didn't even look at the name of the person who replied to my post! This is all very elucidating. I'm loving the hell out of Psylocke, I'm killing cosmics with her like it aint no thang and I don't even have blessings or all the BiS gear or anything, not even rank 4 on Power Cosmic yet. I am wondering, I find myself slightly lacking in crit with my gear, I only have around 31% or so, and I use crit artifacts. Where do you guys get your crit rating, and how high is it?

Dec

Sorry about that Trag, I didn't even look at the name of the person who replied to my post! This is all very elucidating. I'm loving the hell out of Psylocke, I'm killing cosmics with her like it aint no thang and I don't even have blessings or all the BiS gear or anything, not even rank 4 on Power Cosmic yet. I am wondering, I find myself slightly lacking in crit with my gear, I only have around 31% or so, and I use crit artifacts. Where do you guys get your crit rating, and how high is it?

40% crit chance, 44% on physical from MK synergy.

I have two costume affixes as crit rating instead of crit damage to hit 40%.

iFv0c5hM6CzSb.png

I can't check tonight since I'm at work, but at last check I was at ~43% critical rating on melee, 42% mental, and 41% overall with all of my costume affixes as critical damage. Her uniques + artifacts make it very easy to hit those levels, and you can boost things here and there with omegas. I'm not counting the Cable, Ghost Rider, or MK synergies there, but I believe those are reflected on your stat screen.

I can see hitting 45% with her quite easily if you really want to get selective about your rolls. Probably 50% even, but you would suffer elsewhere. Once I surpass 40%, I stop prioritizing crit rating for crit damage and damage rating.

Dec

I can't check tonight since I'm at work, but at last check I was at ~43% critical rating on melee, 42% mental, and 41% overall with all of my costume affixes as critical damage. Her uniques + artifacts make it very easy to hit those levels, and you can boost things here and there with omegas. I'm not counting the Cable, Ghost Rider, or MK synergies there, but I believe those are reflected on your stat screen.

I can see hitting 45% with her quite easily if you really want to get selective about your rolls. Once I surpass 40%, I stop prioritizing crit rating for crit damage.

I imagine you'll lose quite a lot switching out taskmaster guide if you end up doing so? You get about as much crit from tasky as is on my costume, so if you do replace that I think you'll be in a very similar situation.

I would go all crit damage on my costume if I could but she's as geared as I can get her. I would be sacrificing other stats to get it.

She's honestly perfect, or as close to it as any sane person would get, I can't do anymore. Even maxing artifact and unique rolls I'd get maybe 80 more damage rating and a tiny amount of crit for another 20b cost at least. I've rerolled uniques to get them as near max as I can.

All I can do is get omegas.

Edit: I forgot about slot 5 cosmic. If I can find one I'll buy it for sure, or maybe I'll luck out and find it myself as I do keep all slot 5 cosmics, but the difficulty is finding one at all.

I imagine you'll lose quite a lot switching out taskmaster guide if you end up doing so? You get about as much crit from tasky as is on my costume, so if you do replace that I think you'll be in a very similar situation.

Yeah, I can't see any incentive to dump Taskmaster's. Mine equates to 450 damage rating and 400ish crit rating for melee and ranged skills. I can't really think of a better artifact to slot in there for Psylocke, who obviously needs the crit rating.

Slapping critical rating in the costume forfeits too much critical damage rating. Taskmaster's pushes me well past the diminishing returns point and let's me focus on pumping up critical damage and damage rating. I'm not sure what artifact you are using in that fourth slot, but if it's forcing you to use critical hit rating in your costume it would have to be crazy impressive.

There are omega nodes that bump up your critical rating, so that can fill in gaps in her natural crit rating. Her new uniques make the soft cap a lot easier to hit than before. I think eventually she'll end up in the high 40s range just from omega points.

dude 50 costumes?? that's a LOT... pretty good chance of getting dupes if you have so many

Most of them are from the blender or BOGO costume sales. I have prestiged many characters, many times.

My friend - who has never spent a cent on the game - only had one costume (thing future foundation), which he got as a drop when the game first came out. He was so sick of it he took the base costumes off two characters he didn't want to play again and threw it in the blender...and got Thing Future Foundation.

lol. That is funny.

I took Wanda to 60. I'm generally not a fan of the Implosion abilities, even on Jean- they imply you've got some kind of small radius AoE with which to follow up. My Scarlet Witch rotation involved layering all DoTs then hiding in Chaos Warp while everyone drops.

Yeah, it looks like Chaos Warp is the AoE of choice (according to the official forums).
I love the stylish animation for Chaos Warp, but it feels more satisfying to use Implosion. Decisions, decisions...

I couldn't even bring myself to level her to 60 before, now she's one of my faves. They made all the right changes with her.

Honestly I thought she was cool before, visual effects alone made me enjoy playing to 60 enough, but yeah, everyone is saying the changes are fantastic. Definitely worth a shot again.

Shout outs to Cutmeamango. We ran some Doop Portals last night and he contributed about 3 portals to runs with me and my buddy Kraftdinner. I owe you another portal run.

Also, curse you Jermp.

Dec

Yeah, I can't see any incentive to dump Taskmaster's. Mine equates to 450 damage rating and 400ish crit rating for melee and ranged skills. I can't really think of a better artifact to slot in there for Psylocke, who obviously needs the crit rating.

Slapping critical rating in the costume forfeits too much critical damage rating. Taskmaster's pushes me well past the diminishing returns point and let's me focus on pumping up critical damage and damage rating. I'm not sure what artifact you are using in that fourth slot, but if it's forcing you to use critical hit rating in your costume it would have to be crazy impressive.

There are omega nodes that bump up your critical rating, so that can fill in gaps in her natural crit rating. Her new uniques make the soft cap a lot easier to hit than before. I think eventually she'll end up in the high 40s range just from omega points.

You don't think lizard formula is better than taskmaster?

If that's the artifact you mean ya, it's the most expensive artifact in the entire game. like 30b for that one.

Edit: not mine but example:
iGy0tgsxW13hh.jpg

Dec

I found a really good node in omegas for crit and switched my crit to crit damage on my costume. Crisis averted.

Lord Phol

Cancerverse Hulk is quite neat, might buy it for his eventual rework. A costume BoGo would seal the deal. Also dig the green skulls visual effect, like to see more of that. The flaming skulls are too obtrusive IMO.

You don't think lizard formula is better than taskmaster?

If that's the artifact you mean ya, it's the most expensive artifact in the entire game. like 30b for that one.

Oh, I'm sure Lizard Formula is way better than Taskmaster. I just don't have access to one, nor do I have anything close to the funds to purchase one. I meant out of the regularly available artifact drops, I really can't find a sexy enough alternative to it.

Dec

Oh, I'm sure Lizard Formula is way better than Taskmaster. I just don't have access to one, nor do I have anything close to the funds to purchase one. I meant out of the regularly available artifact drops, I really can't find a sexy enough alternative to it.

Ah

Farm it with me sometime! Going to start farming that instead of Kurse until I at least get another one.

Ah

Farm it with me sometime! Going to start farming that instead of Kurse until I at least get another one.

The funny thing is I didn't really have a character who could easily farm Kurse until the Psylocke changes. I've consistently gravitated towards characters that I love in comics who also happened to be pretty weak in game. Punisher and Captain America were my best geared 60s for the longest time.

Psylocke has been a dream to use farming cosmics, but I've been almost exclusively popping Taskmaster dozens of times a day just to boost my omega points. After seeing dudes with very average gear and 4K+ omega points obliterate the time to kill dummy, it became quite clear where to focus if you're looking to maximize your character. Fair or not, after landing level 66 gear and decent artifacts, omega points > everything else.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
psylocke's dash looks like a early version of what quicksilver could be

KePoW

Banned
does anyone know if the ectoplasm is really worth the stones, compared to getting a Power Cosmic?

the ectoplasm seems good, but not like super great?

does anyone know if the ectoplasm is really worth the stones, compared to getting a Power Cosmic?

the ectoplasm seems good, but not like super great?

It really depends on what artifact you'd be using in its place if you don't get an Ecto, and the rolls you settle on when you buy it. If it's taking the place of a HoD, the difference isn't huge, but if you're replacing a Zigguraut, then it's a noticeable boost. Power Cosmic isn't that much better than some regular legendaries, so using something temporarily isn't gimping you.

KePoW

Banned
It really depends on what artifact you'd be using in its place if you don't get an Ecto, and the rolls you settle on when you buy it. If it's taking the place of a HoD, the difference isn't huge, but if you're replacing a Zigguraut, then it's a noticeable boost. Power Cosmic isn't that much better than some regular legendaries, so using something temporarily isn't gimping you.

ok thx for info details!

I thought it was kinda the opposite, that PC was significantly better than regular legendaries, whereas ectoplasm was only marginally better than typical good artifacts. But i'm not a min-maxer so I never looked into it... I just didn't want to waste 500 stones right now

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
doomsaw posted in a thread bout ms marvel needing some love you know what to do doomsaw lol.

i suspect alot of heroes will get another mini review next year anyway due to them moving away from the 40% dmg to bosses etc.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ms. Marvel feels fine to me...

problem is not muhc is really viable just her blast skill, sig, and crashdown, then cosmic haymaker on bosses.

thats pretty much ms marvel, 80% of her is built around haymaker, infused uppercut does 40% less dmg than haymaker and costs double the spirit lol.

a hybrid hero but most of her dmage comes from haymaker and her energy has no way of matching it.

she was a rushed 52 hero.

she also has 4 passives which 3 are basically max or wtf u doing.

the problem is she isnt bad nor is she great, shes balanced when it comes to dmg compared to other heroes. but when u use her you realise you only need 3 - 4 skills that you actually use and you basically forced to use haymaker/hybrid to do anything

shes my main hero i have great fun with her but i understand these problems. im not saying shes bad dmg wise im saying shes bad due to being forced to use set skills. and have some piss poor uniques too. but they have no need to look at her when other heroes are in more need due to not enough dmg etc. but she is poor in certain area's listed above

this thread pretty much explains it

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...ty-of-life-fixes-here-are-some-suggestions/p1

plus she needs this

114690311-msmarvel-1282x950.jpg

KePoW

Banned
I can agree that MM lacks build variety. Like you said she basically has 1 build (maybe kinda 2).

I just think it's low on their priority list, because that 1 build is pretty good.

Top Bottom