• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
It wont delay much no. The problem everyonr has is will the new people match what we had.

Art of rawr left earlier this year and for me since then the heroes this year have been shit being over tuned doesnt make them good. Art of rawr finished with punnisher.

Bentle is replacing heretic on lead content how can we have faith in him when he provided us with the wakanda one shot which is regarded as worst area in game.

Danger room n most content coming this year is probs in bug fixing n testing stages.

We wont see these guys leaving effect until sometime nrxt year.

David clearly has heart in the game n im sure he wont let it go back they communicate with us so much. We basically took the game in this direction they kinder followed just happend to fall on doomsaw

Indignate

When my friend interviewed for a job way back when, he said everything looked hectic as fuck; people running ragged due to the crunch. So much so that it completely turned him off from the job.

This was just before release I think, but I'd imagine the environment hasn't changed much.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
When my friend interviewed for a job way back when, he said everything looked hectic as fuck; people running ragged due to the crunch. So much so that it completely turned him off from the job.

This was just before release I think, but I'd imagine the environment hasn't changed much.

And i can believe that. They out put so much shit on a week to week basis it really is like constant crunch thats why one patch a month or every few months is what most do.

They have effectively changed this n gaz do this too. Look at this weeks patch mostly fixing bugs for last week or minor tweeks.

Our main patch will be danger room n kitty which is probs early October.

Its ironic how all this has happened just before labor day lol

Art of rawr left earlier this year and for me since then the heroes this year have been shit being over tuned doesnt make them good. Art of rawr finished with punnisher.

Bentle is replacing heretic on lead content how can we have faith in him when he provided us with the wakanda one shot which is regarded as worst area in game.

It's interesting that you say both of these things. Rawr put out what many considered to be some of the worst heroes in this game within the first year, but completely turned around over time and ended on a high note. Bentlegiant can easily learn from his work and feedback on Wakanda and turn it around just the same. Give him the benefit of the doubt for now, before losing all faith.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man this is some crazy shit. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the overall development strategy for the game entirely shifts to a new model and the weekly patch thing ends.

MH is a fun diversion and a nice game to dive into when I'm in between bigger releases, I will definitely be sad if this is the beginning of the end, even if it's not really the end of the game but just the end of how it's currently run.

If it wasn't for MH, I wouldn't be buddies with fun folks like kepow and queen, and I wouldn't be aware that so many people are deranged enough that they hate Carnage.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Man this is some crazy shit. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the overall development strategy for the game entirely shifts to a new model and the weekly patch thing ends.

MH is a fun diversion and a nice game to dive into when I'm in between bigger releases, I will definitely be sad if this is the beginning of the end, even if it's not really the end of the game but just the end of how it's currently run.

If it wasn't for MH, I wouldn't be buddies with fun folks like kepow and queen, and I wouldn't be aware that so many people are deranged enough that they hate Carnage.

Yea the game isnt going anywhere.

Cant say they arent living up to the all new all different announcement

Volimar

This never would have happened if Queen hadn't dyed her hair.

On a different note. I threw my back out this morning, so I'll probably have more time for playing...

owwwww

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
This never would have happened if Queen hadn't dyed her hair.

On a different note. I threw my back out this morning, so I'll probably have more time for playing...

owwwww

Getting old voli lol

Be like inky soon in a iron man suit haha

I dyed my hair like every day lol its black purple blue right now lol

Volimar

Getting old voli lol

Be like inky soon in a iron man suit haha

I dyed my hair like every day lol its black purple blue right now lol

My back goes out like once a year. Sometimes I can barely move. This time isn't so bad. The first time you really mess up your back, you get to live in apprehension of the next time.

I liked the red hair, though an english girl I used to know said that people called you a chav if you dyed your hair red, so I dunno.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
My back goes out like once a year. Sometimes I can barely move. This time isn't so bad. The first time you really mess up your back, you get to live in apprehension of the next time.

I liked the red hair, though an english girl I used to know said that people called you a chav if you dyed your hair red, so I dunno.

First time ive heard red hair linked to chav girl

Typical chav girl is loopy earrings down further than there legs. Tanned like a tango orange drink.

Basically look n talk like this gif

GBIm9ny.gif

Every few months, I have really really bad back pains from tensions in my back musculature. It's so bad that I even have trouble breathing. It's the worst.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Some more details from pm with ryolnir
Hey QueenofHunting,
Yep, everything is still moving ahead as planned. No major change in plans or schedule right now, we have content planned at least a year out (and more in the concept stage).

If I bought 10 FC, I would get 10 boosts. My luck with those things is absolutely horrific. I'd have to buy 190 to get the costume and the team-up.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
alert alert doomsaw has posted on forum lol

could be a subtle hint hes not leaving

I read this as, "Doomsaw is at the bar".

So, I ordered a drink.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hey folks,

I asked Dave (Brevik) if he thought it would be cool for me to post something to the forums so you guys could get some details.

As many of you know, I’ve been in the game industry for a long time. Over 20 years ago I started a small gaming/computer company, mostly dedicated to the Magic TCG while still in university in Windsor (right across from Detroit). I was hired by Wizards of the Coast pretty quickly and worked there for 7 years, doing the same kind of thing that I did when I joined Gazillion (many 100+ hour weeks, trying to make games & programs as awesome as possible). That company got huge as Magic grew and we added games like Pokemon, D&D, L5R and many others to the roster and were acquired by Hasbro.

After that, I started the Game Development group at Upper Deck. We had some solid products like Yu-Gi-Oh, World of Warcraft TCG and the amazing Marvel & DC game (Vs. System). Like Wizards of the Coast, we had another billion dollar games assortment (that YGO, though…). This again involved many years of 100+ work weeks while supporting a huge amount of games being built simultaneously by several development teams.

I took the Director of Creative Development job at Blizzard about 5 years later and worked with another group of incredibly talented people that brought new meaning to “crunch” times in game development.

After that, I really wanted to retire (and was blessed to have that ability), but an interesting League of Legends experimental project came calling and I worked on that for a couple of years. I became a player of Marvel Heroes because I knew some of the staff and loved the genre and the IP (Marvel). I came out of retirement to work with Dave (and the amazing staff) of Gazillion to help grow the game. Of course, many 100+ hour weeks came during that first year, as you all remember very well from my sleep/forum schedule.

All of this experience was amazing, but I knew I was getting to be an old man and for the last year or so I’ve talked with Dave on who we could grow at the company and make a smart succession plan for me. I got married to a wonderful wife who deserves some attention (assuming she isn’t an Elektra Skrull) and have a mom who is now a widow and deserves a bit more attention from me as well.

It was obvious that we had a crew of young designers who were incredibly talented and would be able to serve the game well. Ryan (Ryolnir) has had the title “Creative Designer” for awhile now for a reason. It’s because he should be Creative Director one day and I made sure that was in the works. Michael (Mayhem) is one of the most naturally talented designers I’ve ever seen (and I’ve seen a lot) - he is easily able to lead the hero design crew (which is key to the game). TheCosmicCupcake is incredibly dedicated and talented and she will very capably lead the team that creates items and events.

I do want to take a rest, but I have talked with Dave about helping out in the future in a minor or unofficial capacity, so we’ll see what we can work up, but I do want to make it super clear that the talent at the company is immense and the company is in very good hands. When we run a company that is funded with real dollars from real people, we have to be super smart about keeping costs reasonable and smartly structuring everything to continue for the future. That means cutting salaries at all tiers (including Doom tier).

Note that several layoffs occurred, but they were all cost motivated and have nothing to do with performance. Any performance related cuts happened months & years ago.

I also want to assure people that the direction of the game is in a good place. All of the designers on the team 100% agree that the focus should be new content, working on balance, fixing bugs, improving quality of life and making events better and better.

I will still provide as much assistance to these guys and gals as time allows. I just typed up some feedback notes for Deadpool’s level 52 review, so get hyped for that.

Marvel Heroes players are amazing and they set are the ones that set the bar.

from doomsaw himself

so the company is struggling

antonz

I think one of the realities for Marvel Heroes is the main favorites are already there. You can keep releasing heroes and all that stuff but every new hero gets more and more scrapping at the bottom of the barrel so to speak. They should honestly shift to a more content focused approach and begin a reduced character release schedule.

Bring in new and fresh content at a faster pace will do more than releasing increasingly less popular heroes.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
alot of people think he just means cutting elder people who earn more for people who are younger but can do same (ryolnir taking doomsaw's job)

i think the situation can go both way

Volimar

I didn't know that Doomsaw was involved in so many of my favorite projects. Awesome.

In other news, my back is worse today, urgh. Spending the day on the heating pad. Take care of your bodies you youngins.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I had no idea Doomsaw had a major position at Blizzard prior to Gaz. I wonder what stuff he was involved in or specifically helped create.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
amazing how just a post like that puts people a bit more at ease, feel alot better playiing the game already, i knew deep down it was a family leave (that was my reason in first post he mentions crunch time too so thats 2 big scores i got)

Indignate

So it's pretty much what it was and people just made it out to be a bit bigger than what it was. It sucks that people got laid off, but these thinks tend to (and sometimes have to) happen.

It's good for a company to have people like Doomsaw, Ryolnir, etc. who are very appreciated by the community already to lay this stuff out there. I can't imagine Brevick being able to make a post or statement without a ton of cynicism from the playerbase.

Also, all the favorites aren't here cuz I see no Runaways whatsoever.

Also, people apparently like Kaine a lot too.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Lol inky awesome leader

This game would do well on ps4 n xbone game only game like it on there is Diablo im sure many would pick this game up

Top Bottom