• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Indignate

I know it happens, I just added an extra requirement
smile.gif

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Its very very good i like how she looks more bulky etc more natural

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Cool. I'll try for it again next time I've got some cash to burn. How many cards did it take you?

i brought a bundle of 72 and got it on second card but then the other 70 i didnt get anymore so take that as you will :D

in comparison i brought 10 of the limbo cards and got magik team up twice.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
update from amthua

thanks for the kind word everyone. i will be making a post sometime soon. usually in game development they tell you to keep it short. i wont be able to because of the many many people in the community and development team that made my time at gazillion amazing. hang tight, and know that everything is going to be o.k.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Msg david's wife sent me doesnt make things sound as good like they are struggling with money

i hear ya! game is still here though and should continue to be so. david will do all he can to keep it going. =D

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They should just hire all of us, since we all have totally conflicting tastes in marvel characters and fun game design.

Neoxon

Apparently Gazillion got in trouble with Marvel for promoting something Fantastic Four-related, more so since said promotion was close to the release of the infamous Fant4stic film.
You should really watch thejunglequeen's stream from last night, David Brevik was extra drunk and extra talkative. Here are some of the things he mentioned that I can recall:

-Gaz got in trouble with Marvel for doing promotion/event related to Fantastic Four movie (even for how small it was)
When asked what kind of trouble they got into, the same person said, "He didn't elaborate, just said they were in Marvel's doghouse because of it."

Mulgrok

You don't mess with the
mafia
Disney when they want to take their ball and go home. Would not surprise me if they threw a tantrum.

This game needs more melee weapon users, so it's between Gamora and Angela for me.

Edit: Whoa, Goblin is winning. Would definitely want him over Miles, so I'm ok with that.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Considering the marvel game on mobile isnt allowed f4 or xmen heroes it wouldnt suprise me

GManDH

this is to try and get more people to go to game informer but if you have to make an account just to vote, people wont vote.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If Marvel really did get pissed at Gazillion for their F4 promo, it wouldn't surprise me that Marvel would put a tighter leash on who Gaz can use.

I don't *think* it works that way - the license is the license, until whenever it expires they can do whatever the license says they can do. But for Gaz it makes most sense to tap into the zeitgeist, even if that happens to coincide with the (reportedly awful, haven't seen it) FF movie that Marvel very much wants to distance themselves from in any way possible. But to actually sanction Gaz for trying to make money with their game is beyond petty and ridiculous. They need a better liaison with Marvel if that kind of thing gets them "in the doghouse".

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Apparently Gazillion got in trouble with Marvel for promoting something Fantastic Four-related, more so since said promotion was close to the release of the infamous Fant4stic film.

When asked what kind of trouble they got into, the same person said, "He didn't elaborate, just said they were in Marvel's doghouse because of it."

I can see that. I am assuming Gaz is operating as a partner with Disney, so to completely ignore their direction wouldn't fly at all. It's the cost of using their properties. I read an article with the devs of Madden where they discussed that all of the changes they make year to year have to be approved by the NFL. So things like the ambulance were taken out because of objections. It has to get frustrating at times, but it's a small price to pay for use of properties. Without those properties, no one would give 2 craps about your game.

I really haven't touched the game since D3 Season 4 started. I have been trying to figure out why. The way to play the game is pretty much the same. Maybe it is production value, and the fact that even when I am low-level with a new character I have fun with D3 whereas I will pay money to skip the grind in Marvel. I don't know. For sometime I felt that the time:reward ratio was completely out of wack in MH, maybe that is it. Maybe some time away will do me some good.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I really haven't touched the game since D3 Season 4 started. I have been trying to figure out why. The way to play the game is pretty much the same. Maybe it is production value, and the fact that even when I am low-level with a new character I have fun with D3 whereas I will pay money to skip the grind in Marvel. I don't know. For sometime I felt that the time:reward ratio was completely out of wack in MH, maybe that is it. Maybe some time away will do me some good.

That is weird, I feel the opposite way. I don't mind leveling characters in MH, I feel powerful right away. By contrast, leveling in Diablo 3 suuuuucks. The movement is SO goddamn slow, it's painful, by comparison. I don't have fun with D3 anymore until I hit 70. Thankfully getting boosted to 70 takes like 15 minutes.

Neoxon

I mean real inhumans like blackbolt not these nuhumans.
Ah, we'll probably get the likes of Black Bolt & Medusa in due time. Though in the case of Ms. Marvel, she's grown to be more popular than the OG Inhumans themselves, so she at at least deserves credit for that.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Well ryolnir just confirmed x men for advp 3 so the dog house stuff is probs bullocks

OComing out of San Diego Comic Con, we announced our first ever hero fan vote, wherein players would choose who would be the final hero in Advance Pack 2. To the surprise of relatively few, Magik teleported the competition to the desert somewhere and had a pretty big victory.

We're working on the finalized list for playable heroes in 2016 and we figured, hey, we should let players decide a guaranteed slot in that list too, so we partnered with Game Informer to let you decide.

http://www.gameinformer.com/

While the winner of this poll is confirmed for 2016, this is just one slot for an entire year. Other heroes from the poll (and the previous poll, of course) are still in the running for the final list.

A lot of people have been asking "why no X-Men?!" The reason for that is that we've already decided on which X-Men are shipping next year, and we think you'll be pretty happy with them, so no need to vote (plus Magik shows that the X-Men have a lot of pull in these polls so we wanted to give another family a chance!)

So vote! Tell us who you want to see! Tell us who should be included in the poll and tell us who you think already has a guaranteed slot. This is the place for all of that

Indignate

You might be reading too much into that. Sounds like she's just trying to give a supportive yet noncommittal answer.

Agreed. Just seemed like a general answer.

Advanced Pack 3 will be made of 12 variations of Kaine, Nico, and Carnage. Kepow will be 2016's only Team-Up.

I'm down for this.

Now that's just ridiculous.

They're very clearly on an anti F4/Xmen push, particularly around the "hey this other company that owns a license to our shit is releasing their movie based on our shit that they currently own" season. When one of the companies licensing out your property doesn't adhere to your rules you've most likely stated when you allowed them to use your shit, it is not ridiculous to be upset about it.

Now the nature of the reasons why they're so against some of their own characters and if said reasons are ridiculous is a totally different discussion.

I can see that. I am assuming Gaz is operating as a partner with Disney, so to completely ignore their direction wouldn't fly at all. It's the cost of using their properties. I read an article with the devs of Madden where they discussed that all of the changes they make year to year have to be approved by the NFL. So things like the ambulance were taken out because of objections. It has to get frustrating at times, but it's a small price to pay for use of properties. Without those properties, no one would give 2 craps about your game.

Basically this.

Neoxon

Well ryolnir just confirmed x men for advp 3 so the dog house stuff is probs bullocks
I feel like it's mainly the fact that Gazillion tried to do Fantastic Four stuff so close to the release of Fant4stic that pissed off Marvel, mainly with the idea that Marvel was trying to distance themselves as far as possible from the catastrophe that the movie was. That plus Marvel has been trying harder to sweep the Fantastic Four under the rug than the X-Men. There is a presidence for this, particularly with Marvel removing the X-Men & F4 from all posters, post-Contest of Champions games, t-shirts, cartoons (Marvel Animation has no plans to bring back Wolverine or Deadpool, & have since moved Will Friedle from Deadpool to Star-Lord), & a bunch of other instances. Marvel Heroes dodged the bullet by being released prior to Contest of Champions, hence the abundance of X-Men & Fantastic Four characters.

The funny thing is that Disney Interactive (formerly Playdom), a direct subsidiary of Disney, who are responsible for the Facebook Marvel game, actually also had a sale of Fantastic Four characters around the time of the movie.

Now the nature of the reasons why they're so against some of their own characters and if said reasons are ridiculous is a totally different discussion.

The reason why they're trying to distance themselves from the Fox-owned properties is because they have absolutely 0 creative control or input for it. Plus any character created for those universes are immediately under Fox's thumb. And since Fox is pushing out turds like Fant4stic, I can see why they would want to do disassociate themselves. I specifically remember the thread for the leaked Deadpool Comic Con trailer here on GAF, where one user specifically blamed Marvel, not Fox, for making such an awful trailer (in his opinion
, albeit I share the opinion that it was dreadful and Fox should be ashamed of themselves
). And that's just a polarizing trailer for a movie that likely will be a hit in a forum full of nerds - imagine what the public opinion on Fant4stic could do to tarnish Marvel's reputation. So in return, Marvel just doesn't want Fant4stic etc. to be a stain on their record, since they had nothing to do with it. And of course they don't want people having their game/merchandise/whatever licenses to advertise that turd, or any other potential turds Fox shits out.

I don't think it's particularly petty. It's a smart move, although Marvel's been a bit overzealous about it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ryolnir also has posted about what 5 things people want added changed etc

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Green Goblin better stay winning that poll, there is a dire lack of heroes that throw pumpkins in the current game and that needs to be remedied.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
heres the changes i posted in that thread

Unique item changes:
make uniques actually unique not just stat rolls, change the way our skills work like x unique for gambit could make him throw out more cards on x skill or instead of x skill taking 5 seconds to detonate takes 3 etc.

or something like hawkeyes slot 1 unique gives him ability to combine poison arrow and explosive arrow into one while using this item etc.

thing slike that would make each hero more unique and less feeling like they are coming duplicates.

Relics:

just a qol make it so we dont have to keep collecting 1000 they are a tab and can be used on anyone

starktech:
qol we dont need +1 to x skills most uniques give us enough now change it up a little maybe this could be used as the function for the unique item changes i listed above.

Graphics:

activate the direct x 10 / 11 functionality in unreal 3

Top Bottom