• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I had to google "marvel angela" because I don't know who she is.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
some bitch on forum is whineing because the poll is on game informer and not the forum lol

i posted this

its not bad this is marketing 101, we had our poll earlier, this opens up things to new people. they already have us, no one should be throwing a pissy fit because we have to go there to vote. gameinformer is a massive website and actually still does magazines. and gets exclusives every month with a big game cover, october being dark souls 3.

game informer isnt some b class game website they are one of the top for news.

they replied with

We are the ones playing the game, we are the ones paying for the game. They should all be 'our' polls. That is my issue with it.

i replied with thats why you arent in marketing.

I had to google "marvel angela" because I don't know who she is.

Probably because she wasn't owned by Marvel until very recently, and since they acquired the rights a while back, they're pushing her massively. She's now Thor's long-lost sister and stuff. Originally from the Spawn universe I think.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
lol trust game informer poll to break on marvel heroes this game is cursed on bugs

anyway looks like wasp was added to poll

What Character Do You Want As The Next Addition To Marvel Heroes 2016?
Gamora (0%)

Angela (0%)

Green Goblin (0%)

Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) (0%)

Spider-Man (Miles Morales) (0%)

Wasp (0%)

She replaced Nick Fury. Cute. I think that means they decided to pull Nick out and have him be in the pack for sure.
at least I hope

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
its so weird wasp nick should be like in the pack no matter what their names shouldnt be in this poll, its like wtf are they doing

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its so weird wasp nick should be like in the pack no matter what their names shouldnt be in this poll, its like wtf are they doing

didnt we just assume that all the characters that win the magik poll would be a shoe in for 2016? this second poll is weird

then again, marketing etc

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i just dont get why they keep putting most requested heroes in polls, its obvious what the result is and pisses off other fans that know they didnt get chance.

like angela is an outlier in this poll, the others should mostly be 100% next year.

but a poll with angela and other obsecure or less known heroes would make sense actually feels like a vote on a hero that probs wernt gonna come sooner rather than later.

Magik won the 2015 spot. I said we assumed the rest would be shoe ins for 2016. Reading isn't hard Frost! No wonder Gaz fired you

You didn't say the rest. You said "all the characters that win the magik poll". There can be only one. And I'm just messing with you. Also no, I don't think we considered them shoe-ins, just likely inclusions since they have gameplay design concepts.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You didn't say the rest. You said "all the characters that win the magik poll". There can be only one. And I'm just messing with you. Also no, I don't think we considered them shoe-ins, just likely inclusions since they have gameplay design concepts.

Forgot the "didnt" ;_;

Now Gaz will fire me too :(

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
sounds like fun at gaz hq

@PsiLocke said:
At that time in Marvel Heroes history, the design team was pushing out heroes, 52 reworks, and systems overhauls at a breakneck pace. This meant a lot of our early experiences were late nights (1am-3am patch dealines) and weekends. I remember one weekend on Easter Sunday that year, amthua Doomsaw and his fiance at the time were in the office working. Someone brought in a case of booze (shhhh, don't tell management. Oh wait, Doomsaw is our boss) and we were probably being the most efficient and hard-working devs in the world that afternoon. Then Doomsaw's fiance comes out and says, "Alright boys, come to the game room, I've got a surprise for you!" Turns out she hid a bunch of Easter eggs all over the room, and we all raced to see who could find the most/highest score eggs. I'm pretty sure I won, because no one beats PsiLocke at min/maxing.

Doomsaw
@DoomCurlz confirms you did indeed win the Easter Egg Hunt. She was very proud of that event.

I did find the ones under the pool table, so I get some credit for that...

(If you remember, one of the prizes was a little toy cap gun, and HR took it away after it was fired in the office, by someone...)

also amthua's statement basically reads i worked truck loads of hours and got paid fuck all basically.

he even said in trade chat once that he doesnt get any extra for the hours he puts in only the couch he used at the office many times for sleeping over night.

the guy worked on so much stuff at once they clearly need more staff and are running pretty barebones to save cost i get that, and its pretty clear there isnt many qa staff

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
That is weird, I feel the opposite way. I don't mind leveling characters in MH, I feel powerful right away. By contrast, leveling in Diablo 3 suuuuucks. The movement is SO goddamn slow, it's painful, by comparison. I don't have fun with D3 anymore until I hit 70. Thankfully getting boosted to 70 takes like 15 minutes.

Different strokes and all that. I feel like leveling in MH is pure grind designed to make me buy boosts. That time when the yellow orbs were bugged was awesome. We all have our likes and dislikes.

As far as this "inside Gaz" news goes, it seems that they should be trying to sell even more boosts, costumes, characters, etc. if things are as bad as they appear financially.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Read my post up even in his leaving post he mentions working silly hours and getting not much for it.

In trade channel in game before he mentioned the only perm he gets from gaz is the couch at the office for having to sleep there so many times.

The guy was doing work of 3 people. Re designing all uniques in game making new artifacts etc. Desinging the new raids and making loot for new raids too.

He probs asked bout more money or less hours n they said nope

DrBo42

Read my post up even in his leaving post he mentions working silly hours and getting not much for it.

In trade channel in game before he mentioned the only perm he gets from gaz is the couch at the office for having to sleep there so many times.

The guy was doing work of 3 people. Re designing all uniques in game making new artifacts etc. Desinging the new raids and making loot for new raids too.

He probs asked bout more money or less hours n they said nope

Hmm. Wonder if that's going on across the studio. Always thought they were ok for money considering how nuts that store is. That's a game built for profit. If they're struggling there's some very poor management going on.

inky

I remember reading an article a while back where David talked about how good they were doing in revenue. It was in Forbes iirc. They got a ton of investment money to develop the game (tens of millions, maybe as high as 50 million at some point) but were doing OK with improved sales on the store. Hard to know how much of that goes back into the game and the studio tho, with all the licensing and stuff.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they are probs doing fine money wise to be frank, i think alot of the veteran devs are tired of doing 100 hours plus consistenly every week to keep up with the patching schedules etc.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Kitty Pryde is finally making her debut here on the forums... and should be making an appearance on Test Center by next weekend!

wooo

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, wow. Haven't checked in on the game in a long while, Kitty might be interesting. Did the Cable rework end up any good? Stopped playing after AoU event/pre-Ant-Man

visually great and nice stuff but i found him still a bit dull but i have a specific taste and find most of the heroes a bore bar a few so my view is probs not best.

Volimar

Oh, wow. Haven't checked in on the game in a long while, Kitty might be interesting. Did the Cable rework end up any good? Stopped playing after AoU event/pre-Ant-Man

I was in the middle of leveling him when his rework went live. It's a huge improvement. I went with an energy spec and he feels like an actually enjoyable futuristic sci fi Punisher.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy

4lfN0ZR.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, the energy/gun spec is fun stuff for sure. I haven't tried mental at all, and only toyed with psimitar briefly.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ITEM CHANGES
@TheCosmicCupcake and @Asros spent some time this week making changes to our drop rates for various rare items across the entire game. This is something we’ve been wanting to do for a long time, as we agree that with the constant additions of heroes, gearing them has become more and more difficult.

There are other improvements and QoLs in the pipeline, such as more drop rate changes (detailed below the changes here), medkit boxes on vendors, and more.

Kingpin’s White Suit Jacket artifact and Ruby Topped Cane Unique have an increased chance of dropping in Green, Red, and Cosmic terminals, as well as Industry City Patrol and Cosmic Industry City Patrol.

Dr. Doom’s Hand of Doom artifact, Helm of Doom Unique and Latverian Monarch Cloak Unique have an increased chance of dropping in Green, Red, and Cosmic terminals, as well as Midtown Manhattan and Cosmic Midtown Manhattan Patrol.

Kurse’s Gem of the Kursed artifact and Mask of Algrim Unique have an increased chance of dropping in Green, Red, and Cosmic terminals, as well as Midtown Manhattan and Cosmic Midtown Manhattan Patrol.

Mandarin’s Arnim Zola’s ESP Box has an increased chance of dropping in Green, Red, and Cosmic terminals.

MODOK’s Mental Focus Headband artifact and Doomsday Chair Unique have an increased chance of dropping in Green, Red, and Cosmic terminals.

Juggernaut’s Black Tom’s Shillelagh artifact and Advanced Circlet of Cyttorak artifact have an increased chance of dropping in Green, Red, and Cosmic terminals, as well as Midtown Manhattan and Cosmic Midtown Manhattan Patrol.

Magneto’s Magneto Was Right T-Shirt artifact and Mask of Xorn Unique have an increased chance of dropping Green, Red, and Cosmic terminals, as well as Midtown Manhattan and Cosmic Midtown Manhattan Patrol.

Taskmaster’s Fighting for Losers Guide artifact has an increased chance of dropping in Cosmic Terminals, as well as Midtown Manhattan and Cosmic Midtown Manhattan Patrol, and Industry Patrol and Cosmic Industry City Patrol.

Man-Ape’s Sacred White Gorilla Necklace artifact, Spear of the White Gorilla Tribe Unique and Pelt of the Sacred White Gorilla Tribe Unique have an increased chance of dropping in the One-Shot, as well as Midtown Manhattan and Cosmic Midtown Manhattan Patrol.

Mr. Hyde’s Hyde’s Formula artifact and Cobra’s Hood Unique have an increased chance of dropping in the One-Shot, as well as Industry City and Cosmic Industry City Patrol.

Lizard’s Lizard’s Formula artifact has an increased chance of dropping in the One-Shot, as well as Midtown Manhattan and Cosmic Midtown Manhattan Patrol, and Industry Patrol and Cosmic Industry City Patrol.

Slag’s Overseer’s Mace Unique has an increased chance of dropping in both the Green and Red Muspelheim Raid.

Monolith’s Bow of the Einherjar Unique and Fire Giant’s Sword Unique have an increased chance of dropping in both the Green and Red Muspelheim Raid.

Surtur’s Fragment of Twilight has an increased chance of dropping in the Red Muspelheim Raid.

Essence of Jinn, Mask of the Goat, Mzee’s Hardened Shell, and Stark Sentinel Adaptive Reactor have an increased chance of dropping in the Axis Raid.

Red Onslaught’s Medallion has an increased chance of dropping in the Axis Raid.

We are still continuing to review boss specific item droprates in the game. The following will be affected in a future patch: Shocker’s Vibroshock Gauntlets Unique, Doctor Octopus’s Octobot Controller Unique, Mr. Sinister’s Cuirass Unique, Batroc’s Savate Boots Unique, Kirigi’s Sanjaku-Tenugui Unique, Kirigi’s Katana Unique, Madame Hydra’s Kiss of the Viper Unique, Red Skull’s Hulkbuster Physics Package Artifact, Red Skull’s Coat of the Skull Unique and Red Skull’s The Dust of Death Unique. Additionally, we plan to increase the droprate of Fred Dawson’s Hot Dog Cart in Midtown Manhattan Patrol.

Luke Cage

Luke Cage’s hero-specific Uniques have have received a revamp based on player feedback. Additionally, a new unique is available for Luke Cage! The Silver Shades of the New Avenger is a slot 5 unique alternative for brawler builds.

TUNING CORNER
Black Panther

Enervating Slash - Converted from Basic to Spirit spender with a base cost of 6. DoT is now considered a Bleed.

Slashing Lunge - Hitbox size increased to make this power easier to land on moving targets. Bonus damage increased to 60% per stack. Knockdown duration no longer scales.

Scything Sweep - Damage increased. Fixed a bug in which it was not applying a stack of Enervating Slash's DoT. Weaken duration is now displayed on the tooltip.

Fan of Knives - Spirit base cost increased to 15.

Cryo-Dagger - Now also applies the Chill keyword to affected targets. Slow and splash damage radius increased. Base cost decreased to 12. Tooltip now shows slow duration. Freeze duration no longer scales. Now converts Triple Throw into a Spirit spender (base cost 10) with 50% more damage for 8s after activation. This allows you to choose whether Triple Throw is used as a spender or a Basic on demand.
Triple Throw - Damage vs Slow converted to vs Chilled enemies (which works on CC immune targets such as Raid bosses).

Claw Slash - Critical damage rating converted to Critical & Brutal Damage percent bonus.

Predator's Frenzy - Bonus vs bosses replaced with damage vs Bleeding and increased attack speed while attacking bleeding targets.

Savage Strike - DoT duration increased to 8s.

Knockdown Sweep - Now gains 200% damage and 8s cooldown if used within 4s of Stealthy Escape. 3s cooldown removed as a result. This allows it to be a spammable AoE or as a powerful burst damage power.

Stealthy Escape - Now travels 50% farther and faster if used 3 times consecutively. Effect wears off if not constantly activating. This allows the power to be used in close quarters to position for Knockdown Sweep while also being useful as a travel power. Base cost reduced to 8.

Panther Leap - Also travels 50% farther and faster if used 3 times consecutively similar to Stealthy Escape.

Blessing of Bast - Power removed and passive affixes merged with Panther Soul and Panther Grace. Panther Grace inherits the Cleanse functionality and Spirit on hit affix. Panther Soul gains minimap radar. Tenacity removed.

Jungle Snare - Clarified Vulnerability duration is 2s after enemy leaves the hotspot. Cooldown removed, but max simultaneous Snares active at a time now limited to 2. Duration increased to 8s. Base cost reduced to 20.

Wrath of Bast - Damage increased. Spirit cost removed.

Vibranium Trap - Gains 150% damage and 8s CD if used within 4s of Panther Leap. Similar to Knockdown Sweep, this allows you to use it without cooldown normally, and leverage it as a burst damage cooldown as desired. Bomb timer reduced to 1s. Base cost increased to 20.

Dora Milaje - Now inherit Black Panther's stats instead of using summon affixes.

Panther Grace - 10% damage negation after using Melee power has been merged into Panther Soul's always active damage negation, increasing it to 20%.

Cable

Veteran Warrior: Damage bonuses for Energy and Mental when no specialization selected increased from 20% to 25% each.

Veteran Warrior: Damage Rating, Critical Hit Rating and Critical Damage Rating bonuses slightly increased.

Gambit

Grand Slam: Base damage increased.

Ace of Spades: Base damage increased.

Winter Soldier

Relentless Pursuit - Spirit on critical hit now scales with additional ranks. Health on critical hit added.

Dispatch - Animation time reduced.

Knife Throw - Animation time reduced. Base projectile speed increased (Bionic projectile speed remains same).

Reposition - New Arsenal effect: Your next Unseen Death will be guaranteed to critically hit.

Shoulder-check - New Bionic effect: gain Electric Charge 3 times faster than with other powers.

Enhanced Bionics - Damage rating after using a Firearms power increased to match Enhanced Arsenal.

Underslung Grenade & Explosive Sabotage - Vulnerability and Weaken swapped.

Underslung Grenade - Damage-over-time effect is now part of the base power and does not require Enhanced Arsenal.

EMP Surge - Now deals 25% more damage to enemies directly in front of Winter Soldier.

BUG FIXES
Officer Pacifico should now correctly allow himself to be rescued.

Both the inner and outer rings of Big Foot Sighting's damage now get bonus damage from items keyworded Melee.

Fixed an issue in the "My Own Wurst Enemy" achievement where it was possible to receive credit for one of the mystery objectives by completing another similar objective.

The Spider-Woman (S.H.I.E.L.D.) Team-Up will now count towards Invisible Woman’s Lady Liberators Achievement.

Fixed a visual issue with Team-Up Quicksilver's There and Gone exit animation.

Fixed a visual issue with Nova's Nova Corps power while wearing the Nova Original Costume.
woooo

cupcake quotes

A lot of rates were doubled and even tripled in some cases.

Ultron Loot is going to have a completely separate tuning pass! That's planned for some time early next month.

A Medallion re-roll recipe is not currently planned.

We'll be looking at Spider-Clone Serum and Essence of Dread.

DrBo42

What's everyone's favorite Cap costume from the films? Trying to figure out which suit I want to proceed with before I get too far into my sculpt. Kind of a toss up between the strike suit? from 2 and the ultron suit.

Anoregon

Drop rate boosts are very good to see. I don't even bother farming shit 99% of the time because I don't want to grind for hours due to crappy drop rates.

Rhaknar

Oh they are finally realising their game has 50 fucking alts? Baby steps I guess

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
more updates from cupcake

Alright, so Raid Unique droprates are a different beast entirely! Raid bosses have weekly "bonus" loot, and then the "normal" loot table. Uniques droprates have been greatly increased on the bonus loot table, and have also been increased on the normal loot table.

Rates, in data, are a little higher than one might think! I feel pretty confidently that these changes will be impactful, but we'll be monitoring both metrics and player feedback and continue to make adjustments as needed.

"Impactful" change has me optimistic. But I'll wait and see what it actually comes out to be.

What's everyone's favorite Cap costume from the films? Trying to figure out which suit I want to proceed with before I get too far into my sculpt. Kind of a toss up between the strike suit? from 2 and the ultron suit.

AoU Cap. My absolute fave. Fine looking sculpt you got going so far.

Finally got to vent out my frustration. From the top 5 changes you'd like to make thread:
5.) Don't lock unique team-ups behind a paywall
Now, I don't mind alt costume versions like the current SHIELD Spider-Woman, or the Phoenix 5 Magik, but please allow us to acquire team-ups through other means than Fortune Cards. It's kinda infuriating that I can't get a variation of Dr. Doom's team-up although I decided to support Gazillion with a lot of my money upfront by getting the AP2 and the team-up AP2 (and many other pre-sale packs before that), and I still am upset that for supporting you with well over 300€ upfront, I got punished by not getting any way to acquire the Dr. Doom team-up, just because I didn't want to put down another 120 € for a pack full of items I already owned except for a couple of costumes and said Doom team-up.
Note that since that happened, I haven't spent a single dime on this game.

They should somehow make their bundles dynamic.

If you own shit in it, you get a cheaper price on it.

I've been asking for that through support and also asked Doomsaw, Ryolnir and Brevik about it back then. Brevik said they're looking into making some sort of deal for AP2 owners, but they never did.

Top Bottom