• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Volimar

Wonder if I should throw SG through the cosmic prestige wringer. I already have her at red. I wish the new Fortune Cards had given me more exp potions instead of 4 credit boosts...

>.<

I bet credit boosts taste like pure salt.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Danger room is probs going live with kitty or few weeks after last we heard was danger room going on tc 2 weeks last week. With kitty going on tx next week it lines up

More from jungle queen
thejunglequeen 5:26AM
What Doomsaw said is very true...he was hoping for a break. It was time. But he will be around. =D

Theres also going to be a toggle in options for the teleport changes (revert to old version) going on tc weekend

Asros has been making artifacts for venom rhino n other bosses too

Danger room is probs going live with kitty or few weeks after last we heard was danger room going on tc 2 weeks last week. With kitty going on tx next week it lines up

NICE! Finally might be able to convince my Diablo-obsessed friends to come back to MH for a month or two until the next Diablo season or PoE expansion or whatever other shiny ARPG mechanic is unveiled.

I actually played MH for about 15 minutes last night, instead of the usual log-in/log-out. We should get some supergroup events going. Maybe do a green/red Muspelheim and maybe try out the new raid (into which I still have never roamed).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Underslung Grenade getting a DoT layer for Bionic specs is enough to make me want to give Winter Soldier another spin. The rest of the buffs are just icing on the cake.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Drop rate boosts are very good to see. I don't even bother farming shit 99% of the time because I don't want to grind for hours due to crappy drop rates.

You and me both! Not all of us are willing to farm for 6 hours straight in hopes something will drop.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You and me both! Not all of us are willing to farm for 6 hours straight in hopes something will drop.

That kind of rarity is at least reasonable in standard genre games where you have a handful of characters max. When there are more than 40 and it's ever increasing, it's just way too daunting and makes you not even consider gearing characters that aren't top tier/favorites. For me at least.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
michael may lead hero/skills posted this

Fear not - nobody will be more excited for Iron Fist than me. His design is incredibly out-of-the-box - he'll play unlike anyone we've ever released, and have tons of build options available.

Get hyped.

He may have a new primary resource (Spirit replacement).

Valnen

So I've been playing this off and on the past few days, and I feel silly for not noticing that I no longer need retcon devices to respec. I've been hoarding my power points on Magneto afraid to spend them on crappy skills when I could just be testing them all.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
it seems the drop rates have DRASTICALLY increased. time for some farming.

and when they change the rates because they are too high we will be back to doing this every run

6kDVr2P.gif

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
We're hoping for Danger Room to hit TC next weekend. It needs another round of alpha testing to fix some of the issues before it can go public. Very excited though!

The best part of Danger Room is that is has a natural difficulty scalar - the easier scenarios can be completed right when you hit 60, while the hardest scenarios will take skill and gear to complete.

Each scenario is a one-time use, and though they will naturally drop in the world, they will be readily available for acquisition in the brand new Danger Room hub, so if you want to just run scenarios consecutively for awhile, you can. They are randomly rolled each time, so there are literally thousands of combinations between the different missions, environments, bosses, and region modifiers.

sounds good

inky

They are basically Path of Exile maps, right? Yea, it's kind of dumb they are drops, but if they have plans to let us modify them like in PoE it might be a future-proofing feature.

More deets:

Solo or up to 5 people, using player-count auto tuning as seen in other areas of the game.

There is zero boss rushing available in Danger Room. Each mission has multiple objectives that will require you to play out the mission, such as defeating multiple targets, collecting items, or defeating a certain number of enemies, in addition to the main objective. You'll need to complete all aspects of each mission before moving on to the next. There's some really creative ones in there I enjoy every time we play them.

Most scenarios cannot be failed, but rather have a 'challenge bonus' if you can complete the mission under certain parameters, usually a death limit. If you complete the bonus, you'll get extra rewards at the end, but even if you cannot, you can still finish it out for the normal rewards.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
They are basically Path of Exile maps, right? Yea, it's kind of dumb they are drops, but if they have plans to let us modify them like in PoE it might be a future-proofing feature.

they arent just drops

they will be readily available for acquisition in the brand new Danger Room hub, so if you want to just run scenarios consecutively for awhile, you can

Valnen

I know you're joking but that's depressing. Fucking mmo tropes

I can't really think of any reason you'd specifically want to take a PC player over a console player. I mean, if it's because they're playing on a gamepad, a PC player could just as well be playing on a gamepad...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can't really think of any reason you'd specifically want to take a PC player over a console player. I mean, if it's because they're playing on a gamepad, a PC player could just as well be playing on a gamepad...

He's joking but it's funny that you single that out as the problem and not the rest

People do the same with pushing GRifts or levels in PoE. If you can't hold your own in the content, you aren't invited. It has nothing to do with the "mmo-ification" of MH.

Now the real problem is that - like others have said - there won't really be any reward for Danger Room other than more of the same uniques and artifacts. Leader Boards would actually be really cool if they could implement them.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Thats like any rpg or mmo. Once u have gear there is nothing else its something every single rpg suffers from once ur maxed Thats it. People love rpgs for building up but once there ur screwed.

Its why marvel has the staying power because new hero each month.

Its why power creep exists because without it no rpg survives

Thats like any rpg or mmo. Once u have gear there is nothing else its something every single rpg suffers from once ur maxed Thats it. People love rpgs for building up but once there ur screwed.

Yeah that's true for loot-based games, definitely. But if Danger Room is like maps where you're pushing to do a little bit better every time, then each unique - each stat upgrade - will give you a boost. It's honestly the only thing I'm looking forward to in the game right now.

If Danger Room sucks, then I'm probably done. I'll play like Diablo or PoE; just come back every once in a while.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Im already bored of Diablo just doesnt entice me. Marvel isnt bout endgame its about playing the heroes n lore etc.

Going to poe for what ? End game maps ? Seasons ? Seasons isnt that fun. Basically marvel is season all time because every month is a new hero so every month ur doing what u do in season or doing prestige is like season

Yes the lore of Marvel Heroes is so deep. Black Cat actually stole the tablet. AMAZING STORY. HIDEO KOJIMA IS A FRAUD COMPARED TO THIS LORE.

That said, I'm not that big a fan of either of those (Diablo/PoE) either. They both get stale over time, I just think Marvel Heroes is now in that same category.

Most loot-based ARPGs tend to get stale after a while.

Also, I don't think Queen was referring to the in-game story, but the lore of the heroes and villains themselves, and the vast possibilities that the Marvel universe offers to reference. :p

Most loot-based ARPGs tend to get stale after a while.

Also, I don't think Queen was referring to the in-game story, but the lore of the heroes and villains themselves, and the vast possibilities that the Marvel universe offers to reference. :p

Oh I didn't know you guys were big COMIX fans!

We need KePoW back.

You know what's ironic? I loathe Iceman as a character. But he's probably gonna be the in-game hero I prestige first and might even take to cosmic prestige.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Yes the lore of Marvel Heroes is so deep. Black Cat actually stole the tablet. AMAZING STORY. HIDEO KOJIMA IS A FRAUD COMPARED TO THIS LORE.

That said, I'm not that big a fan of either of those (Diablo/PoE) either. They both get stale over time, I just think Marvel Heroes is now in that same category.

My point was so many people say marvel needs seasons why ? We get a new hero each month which will give you the experience a season can. If you want to experience that on a current hero jist prestige its literally exactly same.

The lore of marvel is great regarding heroes i actually really like certain heroes etc where as with diablo or poe im just ur standard barbarian wizard etc. Im not invisible woman who took down the tyrant dr doom etc.

Anoregon

Yeah between prestiging and the hero release schedule, a seasonal ladder type thing for MH seems really unnecessary and redundant.

I never said seasons were the answer. I said that if Danger Room is like Greater Rifts from Diablo, or maps from PoE - and to reiterate what those are: an iterative difficulty mode with greater rewards as you improve your clear time - then MH might have something interesting in terms of single player content.

I'm cool with raids, I'm cool with what's been in the game before, the story mode is fine, cosmic terminals were fine until they became too easy. Cosmic Patrols are fine. New characters this year have been mostly awful, though Iceman and Doom were great. The lore you're talking about is based on 50 years of comics, not a video game. Rhaknar is always on about how this game would be nothing without its license, and I think that's beginning to show, at least for me.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I never said seasons were the answer. I said that if Danger Room is like Greater Rifts from Diablo, or maps from PoE - and to reiterate what those are: an iterative difficulty mode with greater rewards as you improve your clear time - then MH might have something interesting in terms of single player content.

I'm cool with raids, I'm cool with what's been in the game before, the story mode is fine, cosmic terminals were fine until they became too easy. Cosmic Patrols are fine. New characters this year have been mostly awful, though Iceman and Doom were great. The lore you're talking about is based on 50 years of comics, not a video game. Rhaknar is always on about how this game would be nothing without its license, and I think that's beginning to show, at least for me.

Diablo isnt much too many people tho the lore is shot to pieces people only come back fromnthe treadmill n experience of leveling again (seasons).

Stripping the marvel universe from this game and it wpuldnt be good well no shit thats true everything in the game links to comics. They cant just add random shit that doesnt link. Danger room is clearly linking to training segments x men do against magneto etc jusy on a different level.

I hate when people say this game wouldnt be anything without marvel lore. What point you trying to make ? If they had captain america fighting rocky in game you would be like wtf this isnt marvel.

Top Bottom