• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Indignate

114690311-msmarvel-1282x950.jpg

that costume though

Put it on the top.

Got around to building my Psylocke last night, and she's definitely as good as everyone says. Still rocking a few level 35-45 odd uniques as well as having some lower-tier (less than optimal build) artifacts on, and I'm surprised by how easily she can storm Cosmics like they're not even there.

Threw her into a couple of Cosmic Kurses and they were pretty easy as well, compared to other characters I have at that gear level.

Did a Zoo run as well, and despite dying a few times on Hyde, she pretty much annihilates everything again.

Finding I sometimes run out of spirit, even with Lunar Eclipse as my runeword, but probably because I'm a bit spammy when I'm in boss battles.

Dec

Got around to building my Psylocke last night, and she's definitely as good as everyone says. Still rocking a few level 35-45 odd uniques as well as having some lower-tier (less than optimal build) artifacts on, and I'm surprised by how easily she can storm Cosmics like they're not even there.

Threw her into a couple of Cosmic Kurses and they were pretty easy as well, compared to other characters I have at that gear level.

Did a Zoo run as well, and despite dying a few times on Hyde, she pretty much annihilates everything again.

Finding I sometimes run out of spirit, even with Lunar Eclipse as my runeword, but probably because I'm a bit spammy when I'm in boss battles.

Hyde will do that. When he's big his ground fissure thing becomes an aoe that sends 8 or something of them out from him, assassinate puts you like directly on top of him causing every single one to hit you instantly. You die no matter what unless you catch the verrrry fast animation. Sometimes he just never uses it though.

Most other heroes, even melee would only get hit by maybe 2 of them and it wouldn't be a problem.

Dec

The funny thing is I didn't really have a character who could easily farm Kurse until the Psylocke changes. I've consistently gravitated towards characters that I love in comics who also happened to be pretty weak in game. Punisher and Captain America were my best geared 60s for the longest time.

Psylocke has been a dream to use farming cosmics, but I've been almost exclusively popping Taskmaster dozens of times a day just to boost my omega points. After seeing dudes with very average gear and 4K+ omega points obliterate the time to kill dummy, it became quite clear where to focus if you're looking to maximize your character. Fair or not, after landing level 66 gear and decent artifacts, omega points > everything else.

Why not both?

Omega points aren't anything other than stat increases, same as better gear. In the end the top dps will be the person with the gear and the omega points. Get the gear, then use it to farm cosmics faster.

Will also say that farming kurse is extremely fast, and infinitely more profitable.

Farming him for omegas and GoKs could easily add up to a lizard formula and whatever other item in a short amount of time with some luck.

Farming zoo is definitely less rewarding than any terminal, but that's partially the reason the item is so expensive. Everyone just wants to farm goks and trade them for lizard formulas, but in the end someone has to be farming zoo. That someone is making fucking bank.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do NOT fuck with me, is that Ms. Marvel fear itself costume real?

I need that in my veins right now

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
do NOT fuck with me, is that Ms. Marvel fear itself costume real?

I need that in my veins right now

I'm so sorry, it's fucking hot tho lol

but yea it's from online saw it on mh forums on her thread bout feedback, sorry captain marvel with low vfx n crap hair, but that fear itself wrecks u lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm so sorry, it's fucking hot tho lol

but yea it's from online saw it on mh forums on her thread bout feedback, sorry captain marvel with low vfx n crap hair, but that fear itself wrecks u lol

youre dead to me

Hyde will do that. When he's big his ground fissure thing becomes an aoe that sends 8 or something of them out from him, assassinate puts you like directly on top of him causing every single one to hit you instantly. You die no matter what unless you catch the verrrry fast animation. Sometimes he just never uses it though.

Most other heroes, even melee would only get hit by maybe 2 of them and it wouldn't be a problem.

Ahh, I see.
Not that a few deaths on an end boss bothers me anyway, but I had found it strange considering she wasn't really squishy in any other circumstance.

Age of Ultron trailer.

gatdamn.

I knoooooooow right. Dayumm!

ok thx for info details!

I thought it was kinda the opposite, that PC was significantly better than regular legendaries, whereas ectoplasm was only marginally better than typical good artifacts. But i'm not a min-maxer so I never looked into it... I just didn't want to waste 500 stones right now

If your character uses 2+ damage types, Power Cosmic is significantly better than any other legendary. Significantly. If you don't own one, take it above other purchase options.

Rhaknar

any word on Juggernaut release date? they need to start putting shit out in 3 week intervals instead of 4+ or they will never get Magneto, Venom and X-23 out "in time"

Venom is not coming out this year for sure :(

Ploid 3.0

That trailer was awesome, I don't like hulk buster armor in this game, but in this trailer it looks so cool.

Also I wish I loved playing MS Marvel. I had a lot of costumes for her, and that Fear Itself art in this page looks awesome.

Lord Phol

Oh man the Age of Ultron movie is going to be awesome. The halloween event seems like fun as well. Gotta get my Richard maxed until then for some farming.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not really into Nova, I'm having to force myself to level him, in the 30s now. Pulsar build is boring, melee just feels like Nightcrawler. I'm disappointed. Glad I got him for splinters.

edit: his death from above move at 37 is a game-changer and makes melee+pulsars much more viable and fun.

Rhaknar

reposting from the steam thread, help the kids

the poll terrorists won :(

To celebrate Extra Life this saturday and what will surely be my slow descent into madness, I will be raffling off a copy of Civilization Beyond Earth if/when I reach my goal, which is the minimum EL allows, $100.

If we reach $200, I will raffle off a copy of Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor aswell. Anything past that...well I have no idea, I guess ill have to think of something if it comes to that.

On the one hand, I dont think ill even reach the minimum goal (I wanted to set it to $50 initially), on the other hand, thats 20 peeps donating $5, 40 peeps for both tiers... pretty sure there would be more entries than that if it was just a normal raffle.

So we'll see. Its for the kids, dont be cheap :)

Donate here

Watch stream here

Rhaknar

tragic wtf are you doing donating $100 dude? o_O

edit: insta mvp, dat charity. you realise that, no matter what happens now, it will already be worth me doing the 24 hour stretch. all because of you

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if posted yet(didn't see it) but all costumes are 50% off right now btw. Jeez I dunno what to buy.. so many costumes I want and everything so cheap now!

tragic wtf are you doing donating $100 dude? o_O

edit: insta mvp, dat charity. you realise that, no matter what happens now, it will already be worth me doing the 24 hour stretch. all because of you

Happy to help!

He really wants that copy of Mordor.

I bought a copy a week or so ago and am really enjoying it, although I keep coming back to Marvel Heroes. Dick Rider is really fun, critics be damned.

Thanks, Kepow!

Rhaknar

Happy to help!

you are helping the westchester...err...something something cildren and women hospital

I didnt know what to choose im not american, so I went with westchester...because thats where the x-men live...

...im a nerd :(

Not sure if posted yet(didn't see it) but all costumes are 50% off right now btw. Jeez I dunno what to buy.. so many costumes I want and everything so cheap now!

oh shit thats alot, even lady mandarin, or enhanced ones?

I said goddamn @ the half off costume sale. I'm just going to buy every costume I want cause this good of a sale ain't coming back for a long time.

Edit: Juggernaut pre-sale is up. His alt costume is actually just his old NPC model, not that black X-men one. Disappointing.

Rhaknar

I said goddamn @ the half off costume sale. I'm just going to buy every costume I want cause this good of a sale ain't coming back for a long time.

Edit: Juggernaut pre-sale is up. His alt costume is actually just his old NPC model, not that black X-men one. Disappointing.

Wtf I could sware they said the black was the alt

Whoa whoa whoooooa!

Hope this is still active when I get home tonight, definitely have to grab a few I've been eyeballing.

Rhaknar

Whoa whoa whoooooa!

Hope this is still active when I get home tonight, definitely have to grab a few I've been eyeballing.

have they said / does it show in the store how long the promo lasts for?

if its up at least until saturday I'll just buy a bunch of costumes live on the extra life stream

Stupid costume sale. I just bought Shadows of Mordor, and here I am looking at buying some costumers for a game I haven't played in a couple weeks. I wish the costumes were always these prices, I would buy them ALL the time. Luckily most of the costumes I want to buy are for characters I don't even have, so I was able to convince myself not to buy them.

Indignate

I don't like purchasing aesthetics, it's not like they add anything to the game.

...but I might buy some costumes.

HOLY SHIT DOES SG CHRISTMAS OUTFIT GET REINDEER SQUIRRELS I'M ALL OVER THAT (even though you can hardly see them)

Rhaknar

gonna have to add some Gs I think. Need to get:

Alejandra Ghost Rider
Fear Itself Thing
Lady Mandarin Psylocke
Hulkbuster IM

and maybe movie Rocket, but I hate the voice

Dec

I don't like purchasing aesthetics, it's not like they add anything to the game.

...but I might buy some costumes.

HOLY SHIT DOES SG CHRISTMAS OUTFIT GET REINDEER SQUIRRELS I'M ALL OVER THAT (even though you can hardly see them)

Aviator also has little pilot caps. Apparently the more expensive costume just has regular ass squirrels.

I was not around for your stream Rhak :( I forgot about this extra life thing.

Top Bottom