• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

LordGraySkull

Neo Member
oh is the subject still ongoing bout my clevage ?
Always a highlight of your pics. Being a male, and a lover of females i have no problems speaking the truth nor am shy about it. I dig that whole look you got going on. Works for ya. That is a neat necklace however.

By the way this late in the game and still so nice to see people have fuck all knowledge of what the hell their doing in a damn onslaught raid. Witnessed a fucker stand there in a fucking bubble and take 3 orbs this morning. We still pulled it off, but damn.

Always a highlight of your pics. Being a male, and a lover of females i have no problems speaking the truth nor am shy about it. I dig that whole look you got going on. Works for ya. That is a neat necklace however.

By the way this late in the game and still so nice to see people have fuck all knowledge of what the hell their doing in a damn onslaught raid. Witnessed a fucker stand there in a fucking bubble and take 3 orbs this morning. We still pulled it off, but damn.
I've still never even attempted the onslaught raid. Nobody is online any more.

Danger Room FAQ is up. Gonna post the whole thing here.

WHAT IS DANGER ROOM?
Danger Room is an all-new endgame activity featuring randomized levels, missions, bosses, hazards, and region-wide modifiers that make each and every run feel different from the last. Danger Room Scenarios, a new type of item drop, can be used to create instanced, one-shot terminal-esque rooms for you to explore, completing objectives and clearing your way to the boss.

Overall, we hope to fill an important missing link in the Marvel Heroes gameplay loop: repeatable, randomized content with variable difficulty and rewards that allows you to gear heroes and have a clearer sense of progression. Are you ready for Epic Scenarios yet? Give it a whirl. If not, go back to ‘Rare’ Scenarios until you obtain the necessary gear. Or, hey, why not run some Terminals to help you progress?

We likely won’t be “there” on day one of the Danger Room release (and certainly not on the first day of TC), but we’d like to make it as close as possible. Danger Room will be on Test Center this month, but we are choosing to be quality-focused and not deadline-focused with this mode. Of course, in a perfect world, everything shakes out on day one and you all think it’s the best most perfect thing to ever grace the Test Center and it sails into the Marvel Heroes servers like Norrin Radd surfing the stars, but we’re really excited to let it spend time in Test Center over the next few weeks, iterating, improving and changing whatever we can. In short, we want to make Danger Room the ultimate Marvel Heroes experience. Solo or grouped, Danger Room should be a rewarding and thrilling experience for all players and heroes.

I believe Danger Room can become the best game mode in Marvel Heroes, and the community helping us get it there is an important part of that. We definitely look forward to your feedback when it’s ready for TC, which should be by next weekend - we would like to focus attention on Kitty Pryde this week so that she gets our full attention. @MichaelMayhem and I will be livestreaming it along with Kitty Pryde next Wednesday (9/23) where we’ll be playing scenarios, talking about the mode, and more.

HOW DO I ENTER DANGER ROOM?
A brand-new hub has been created specific for the Danger Room, featuring Danger herself (as voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn). This hub features a new crafter, vendor, and has powers enabled, much like the Training Room. It is created unique for each party, so you won’t see other players unless you invite them to your group.

WHERE DO I GET SIMULATIONS?
Simulations will drop from anywhere in the world. They also can be purchased from a new vendor in the Danger Room hub, using a combination of credits and the new Danger Room Currency, Merits. Additionally, successfully completing any scenario will earn you a new randomly rolled one, allowing you to endlessly run scenarios if desired, without having to stop to purchase new ones. We may add additional means to obtain scenarios, but those are still being worked out.

ARE SIMULATIONS ONE-TIME USE?
Non-Unique simulations are consumed on use. Unique simulations will be retained until they are completed.

WHY ARE THEY ONLY ONE-TIME USE?
The nature of the Danger Room is randomization and overcoming a challenging combination of affixes in exchange for a higher reward. If these scenarios were not consumed on use, once a combination that was relatively low in difficulty but high in yield for your build or character was discovered, there’d be no purpose to running any other scenarios, which goes against the idea of risk vs reward. Having one low-risk, high-yield scenario roll every now and then is great and exciting, but if that was the case all of the time, the mode would end up feeling repetitive.

ARE THERE UNIQUE SCENARIOS?
One Unique scenario will launch with the Danger Room and will only be available via drops, it cannot be purchased through the vendor. Be prepared for a very, very challenging fight should you find it. Since these scenarios are much more difficult to acquire, if you do attempt one and find yourself unable to complete it, the scenario will be returned to you, ready to be attempted again.

HOW MANY POSSIBLE AFFIXES ON A SIMULATION ARE THERE?
Up to 5 affixes can roll on the hardest (Cosmic) scenarios. Each rarity below that will roll one fewer affix, so the craziest combinations are reserved for the most difficult scenarios.

WILL I BE ABLE TO BOSS-RUSH OR IS THERE SOME INCENTIVE TO DEFEAT ENEMIES IN A SCENARIO?
Every mission within a scenario has a primary objective which changes from mission to mission, and a secondary objective which is present in most missions. The secondary objective, if present, will always be to clear a certain number of enemies in the area. This objective doesn’t appear on more complex missions that already require you to visit a lot of key locations in the area.

CAN I REROLL A SIMULATION IF I DON’T LIKE THE AFFIXES BUT WANT TO KEEP THE RARITY?
Absolutely, using the Danger Room Crafter. Additionally, if you really like the affixes on a scenario but feel it isn’t hard enough for you, you can upgrade the scenario, increasing its rarity and adding a new challenging affix.

WHAT ARE MERITS?
Merits are a new currency added to Danger Room, which will be earned at the end of a run based on how difficult the scenario was. The name is decidedly placeholder.

WHAT CAN MERITS BE SPENT ON?
Merits can be spent at a new vendor for a variety of items, such as Mysterious Crimson Boxes, Mysterious Blue Boxes, Cosmic Team-Up Gear Boxes, and more. Danger Room will drop loot separately, but this is to ensure that your time is well spent by acting as “insurance” that you’ll get the type of drop you’re looking for.

HOW ARE REWARDS DETERMINED?
The number of Merits and the quality of loot you receive at the end are based on several factors:

The rarity of the scenario. Higher rarity scenarios are naturally more difficult, and yield more Merits.
The affixes rolled on the scenario. Affixes that are not beneficial will add additional merits to the reward.
How many times you were defeated. In each scenario, if the players complete it without hitting a defeat limit displayed at the top of the UI, an additional chest will appear with more merits and more loot.
IS THERE A DEFEAT COUNTER?
A defeat counter does exist for each scenario, but unlike raids, this defeat counter will not cause heroes to fail the scenario if they are defeated enough times. Instead, an extra reward chest will appear at the end of the scenario if the heroes were able to complete it without being defeated a certain number of times.

HOW IS DIFFICULTY DETERMINED?
Enemy health and damage is determined by the scenario’s rarity. The higher the rarity, the higher the enemy level. The affixes rolled on the scenario do not directly modify the health or damage of enemies, but can affect them in others ways, making the scenario organically more difficult.

CAN DANGER ROOM BE PLAYED SOLO OR IN A GROUP?
Danger Room scenarios can be run solo or with up to 5 players. The difficulty will scale accordingly, similar to other game modes.

DO I NEED TO HAVE THE BEST GEAR IN THE GAME TO ENJOY DANGER ROOM? IF I DO HAVE THE BEST GEAR, WILL I STILL FIND DANGER ROOM FUN?
The lowest rarity scenarios (whites) can be run as soon as you hit level 60 with fresh gear, and are tuned to be relatively low in difficulty. Adversely, the highest rarity scenarios (uniques & cosmic) can be incredibly difficult, challenging, and rewarding, even for the most geared players.

ARE THERE UNIQUE REWARDS?
Yes. There will be new X-Men themed items that will be obtainable by playing Danger Room.

WHAT LEVEL DO I HAVE TO BE IN ORDER TO PLAY DANGER ROOM?
Danger Room is an endgame-only activity, available for any level 60 heroes.

WILL YOU CONTINUE TO ADD NEW SCENARIOS?
Definitely.

WILL SIMULATIONS BE TRADEABLE?
Non-Unique simulations will be tradable.

WILL THERE BE NEW ACHIEVEMENTS LAUNCHING WITH DANGER ROOM?
Yep, there will be.

WILL LEGENDARY QUESTS SEND YOU TO DANGER ROOM AT LAUNCH?
Not currently planned, though, pending community feedback, definitely possible.

HOW WILL EVENTS AFFECT DANGER ROOM?
We’re still working out the details of that, but suffice to say, Danger Room will be fully integrated with as many game systems as possible.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh is the subject still ongoing bout my clevage ?
Looks good, thanks for sharing.

giphy.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is that in England? It actually looks sunny so it can't be.

DrBo42

Danger Room might actually bring me back. The heroes every month just isn't enough anymore for me. All aspects of the game at the moment have gone stale. Would have been cool to allow people to create danger room scenarios. With the wealth of Marvel stories in their pocket it's a crime they haven't done anything with the story worth a damn. People would tear through and love being able to play through their favorite arcs or events. Make it episodic and comic natured in release. Give it a subscription. There are so many ways to make money here, it's absurd.

Moondrop

Banned
The initial Kitty Pryde on Test Center is quite disappointing. There's nothing novel to her phasing- it's a mixture of invulnerability, invisibility, and a shadowstep (across three different powers). Lockheed has visual flair but is clunky. Her melee powers are not creative, save for a nice take on Nova's single-target spending punch. To say her signature right now is a placeholder is an understatement. I wasn't expecting the world, but I hoped for some new wall-walking tech of some sort at least.

I've been playing a lot to prep for Kitty, but if things don't change quickly I guess I'm going to go on hiatus again until Black Cat or Iron Fist. As for future hype, I look to the horizon for Dazzler, Jubilee, or Professor X. But I would be mildly satisfied by Angel and/or Beast.

I have no expectations for Kitty (or Black Cat for that matter). They just don't seem like characters Gaz can design well. I'll gladly be proven wrong though.

Kitty's melee animations are horrible. I mean wow. Incredibly amateur and stiff looking.

Most boring Sig in the game and all of her sword attack animations are ripped form Psylocke. And with that, I've lost all desire to test her.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kitty's melee animations are horrible. I mean wow. Incredibly amateur and stiff looking.

Most boring Sig in the game and all of her sword attack animations are ripped form Psylocke. And with that, I've lost all desire to test her.

Lol :(

You're fired

Volimar

I wonder how often the voice actors have to come back in and read more lines. Presumably they have them record reactions to heroes quite far down the release pipeline, but still...I wonder.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've been destinying the past week (the expansion is quite good so far, head and shoulders above the game at launch) so I haven't even been logging in once a day for daily gifts. I am such a slacker.

I am still looking forward to see danger room on the TC though. I hope they do a good job with it, it's pretty important for the long term health of the game imo.

Altairre

She does feel incredibly sloppy.

I do like the Lockheed tree, mostly because it's the only unique thing she has and even there they wasted a lot of potential. The phasing skills are really boring which I could deal with but they don't have any punch to them whatsoever (I know come on down isn't finished but that doesn't really change anything). They also use the same animation for every hit of her sig. I mean really? That's the best you can do? Melee tree is Psylocke 2.0 though she doesn't have a skill with the visual flair of falling lotus strike in there. Her ultimate is pretty but I don't really think it fits her. It's certainly the least of her problems.

All in all it feels like they put her on TC way too early and they need to significantly change her otherwise she's dead on arrival (at least for me and going by the forum feedback for quite a few others as well). It would be a shame because I really was looking forward to her. Just stacking up these splinters at the moment because I don't care for the design of most of the recent characters.

Dec

I'm alive and still playing.

Kitty looks shit

Danger room looks cool

Iron Fist better be good

Fuck Indignate

PEACE

Top Bottom