• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
hmmmm

UC__PowerGiganto_DirectedShockwaveFront_SF

danger room bits
lighting_endgame_endlessdungeon_victoryroom

lighting_endgame_endlessdungeon_bambooforest

deadpool in dangeroom

UC__PowerDangerRoomHazard_WreckingBallWithDeadpool_SF

cable danger room

DangerRoom_CableFight

knowhere raid names popping up

Knowhere_Transport_Bay_A

Knowhere_Ship_Combat_A

Knowhere_RAIDHUB_A

new patrol zone ? note midtown comes under midtown, and industry city patrol comes under industrial patrol in file names so this must be new patrol

DocksPatrol_CrateWorld_X0_Y1_A

DocksPatrol_CargoShip_A_0

work has started on playable magik

UC__MarvelPlayer_Magik_SF

uc marvel player is used for player controlled heroes that file has appeared recently soo yayyy i guess lol

example of another hero
UC__MarvelPlayer_MrFantasticBall_Classic_SF

no fucking clue what this is but comes under zones with ultron etc sooooo

KillSquadHQ_Boss_Entry_A

People on the forums are saying Agent Bob rights are now with Fox, and we all know how that goes.

For Gazillion, that doesn't matter, though. Their license contract allows them to use properties that are owned by Fox. Else we wouldn't get Kitty or Magik or next year any other of the muties. Neither as heroes, team-ups nor bosses. Same goes for Fantastic Four content (which really only affects Galactus and Super-Skrull anymore).

Drayco21

hmmmm

knowhere raid names popping up

This is the most exciting bit of news out of this game all year, and I don't even raid.

Nothing stops the Cosmic hype train.

Speaking of, is it too much to hope that the Kill Squad thing has some kind of tie to the Skrull Kill Krew? What with Secret Invasion and cosmic shenanigans getting so much mileage all of a sudden.

Now that Kepow is gone forever you mean.

y3iKWyw.gif

Knowhere is going to be hub for the Thanos raid (#3).

For Gazillion, that doesn't matter, though. Their license contract allows them to use properties that are owned by Fox. Else we wouldn't get Kitty or Magik or next year any other of the muties. Neither as heroes, team-ups nor bosses. Same goes for Fantastic Four content (which really only affects Galactus and Super-Skrull anymore).

Right, but Marvel apparently got really pissy with them regarding the F4 promoting. I suspect there may be some new issues going on there.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Knowhere is going to be hub for the Thanos raid (#3).

Right, but Marvel apparently got really pissy with them regarding the F4 promoting. I suspect there may be some new issues going on there.

They probs got pissy cos they ran promotions in game during the film release.

They had no problem with dr doom etc being in game becauds its their license agreement etc.

I believe they were just really upset they ran numerous promotions for f4 related during the film opening week.

Its very very very unlikely to have been s problem regarding prior or future releases considering more mutants n stuff are coming next year

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
sooooooo hahaha

A number of item-related issues are in this patch, we're working on a hotfix patch to fix them ASAP.

Since I said I'd be more transparent with issues of this nature: changes were integrated to the previous "release" and not successfully to this release. In better news, we just integrated a new system that will prevent this from being an issue, but it wasn't ready for today's release (as part of a new system of checks & balances to prevent bugs of exactly this nature, as human error is common in these situations due to the amount of changes devs are making in a short period of time).

This will mean that changes made in either of last week's patches will essentially be reverted (such as Winter Soldier's Unique changes). After the hotfix patch, they will be changed again.

I'll update you as soon as we have more details and a timeline. For now, we are disabling Sabretooth's Furry Mane & the other new artifacts briefly since they are once again dropping incorrectly.

nevermind it was reported TWICE on tc that limbo bosses were dropping inccorect artifacts like the sabertooth item.

theres also an omega point bug where holding down shift can get stuck (ingame thinks your still holding it not your keyboard is broke lol) and when you go to allocate omega points it does them in stacks of 10 points not 1 so certain nodes cannot be got. hahaha

They probs got pissy cos they ran promotions in game during the film release.

They had no problem with dr doom etc being in game becauds its their license agreement etc.

I believe they were just really upset they ran numerous promotions for f4 related during the film opening week.

Its very very very unlikely to have been s problem regarding prior or future releases considering more mutants n stuff are coming next year

Pretty much this.

There's a difference using characters and stuff from your license contract, and doing an promoting the rival studio event during the opening week of their film.

Volimar

You guys getting a bug where you click to pick up a shared quest box or mystic madness box and it opens? Either on the ground or in your inventory?

Indignate

This tooltip bug is literally the worst and actually almost makes this whole game unplayable for me.

You guys getting a bug where you click to pick up a shared quest box or mystic madness box and it opens? Either on the ground or in your inventory?

Yee. Dec and I were running into it earlier.

Pretty much this.

There's a difference using characters and stuff from your license contract, and doing an promoting the rival studio event during the opening week of their film.

One way or another, there is a reason it's just a random soldier. In the comics, didn't they replace Bob with some guy named Hank anyway?

When it's on the ground are you doubleclicking on it (even if accidentally)? That has always been a thing.

One way or another, there is a reason it's just a random soldier. In the comics, didn't they replace Bob with some guy named Hank anyway?

I dunno if there is a reason. I mean, we got generic SHIELD guy too. Or, are going to get.

Bob still lives and helps Deadpool out. They just also released a standalone series about a Hydra agent named Hank.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The shield grunt will be free from a chapter 3 quest, apparently.

I wonder if the hydra teamup will have identical abilities mechanically, just with slightly different graphics.

I dunno if there is a reason. I mean, we got generic SHIELD guy too. Or, are going to get.

Bob still lives and helps Deadpool out. They just also released a standalone series about a Hydra agent named Hank.

Thing is, the Team Ups aren't equally distributed. Everyone will end up with SHIELD guy. And it makes sense to give him away for free as a Team Up to us, given that we as players are working with SHIELD. Putting Hydra guy behind a pay wall no longer makes him an equivalent Team Up anymore as I see it. If they had given him away for free when you beat Mandarin, or if the SHIELD guy was in the SHIELD FC instead of Spider-Woman, then sure. But being the only one of the two in a FC, it would absolutely make sense to have him be someone like Bob (or Hank). He is not bound to be a generic guy just because there happens to be a generic SHIELD guy. Hope what I'm saying makes sense, I'm kinda out of it right now from my morning.

Still no cosmic ultron lol

They're holding it off along with Red Axis till tuning is done across the board.

Sunspat -

AfMdnIw.jpg

New login screen finally -

Drayco21

Continuing the fine tradition of really bad looking log-in screens. I just hope this one doesn't have occasional drops to 10 fps like Doom/Ant-Man did.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
with ryolnir saying danger room focous heavy on x men items let me guess the advanced magneto t shirt will appear there and maybe advanced edge of infinity ?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
this asros guy im starting to like him

Asros.

It can be tough comparing hero uniques vs each other since each hero has different passives and mechanics. I always start the process by talking to the hero/powers guys and seeing what the different damage layers are for the different potential builds. We allocate points based on that, then look at what other affixes are needed. Once all of those are set, then we find procs that work well and put them on. Final budget takes all of that into account.

Here is a good example of budget comparisons. GoK is a good baseline Artifact budget since It is widely seen as a BIS item for all characters. We take the max/min range on the GoK and use it as a guideline for artifact budgets. Compare it to an item like Iron Legion Armor Sheath, where the 7 int alone on the item is 1.5 times the entire budget for GoK. These are the things I want to avoid.

Do some uniques come in over/under budget? Sure. It is the nature of the beast. But knowing a target will hopefully keep us from issues with power creep.

good ol amthua with the iron sheath lol

Moondrop

Banned
Kitty is actually coming together. This third iteration on TC now really feels like you're playing Shadowcat in a video game.

They've moved her DoT dash entirely to the sword tree. The phase tree has the teleport, but it came out great- she dives under the ground and pops back up; an iconic move. I can live with diving under walls.

But the real game-changer is Lockheed functioning a la War Machine's turret. The tradeoffs for taking Lockheed are all on builds that hybridize with the ninja tree; if you go all phasing as I intend, he's entirely gravy. And of course he's both a ranged and energy proc, giving her reliable access to Power Doop and Hulkbuster Physics Package.

And her signature not only has multiple activations that displace you like X-23 or Nightcrawler, it begins with her diving underground and going invulnerable for 5 seconds. So it feels unique and canon.

Who's feeling the hype again? *two thumbs pointed at my shit-eating grin

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The one on his shoulder that automatically shoots enemies nearby. It even has an achievement tied to it.

Oh I thought you meant he had a rocket Racoon turret that I somehow missed.

Wait so Lockheed isn't an actual pet, he just hangs with Kitty and randomly shoots things?

Only got the test the Lockheed tree on this recent update, but it's honestly still meh. Doesn't flow well. Will give phase spec a try before writing off Kitty completely, but despite the turnaround of enthusiasm on the forums, I'm still finding her lackluster. (Update: Went ahead and gave her tweaked phase spec a try and it is definitely the superior spec. A shame as I wanted to go Lockheed, but this at least makes her playable for me.)

This is neat though

NeglectedCostlyKinkajou.gif

Webm version.

Moondrop

Banned
Wait so Lockheed isn't an actual pet, he just hangs with Kitty and randomly shoots things?
Lockheed's powers have no summon affixes and he takes no damage.

Before this current build, he didn't event do that. The Lockheed tree was dedicated to active powers that, while cool looking, locked Kitty in the animations too. But now he can also be an orbiting satellite laying down ranged energy procs without interrupting my melee physical beatdown. Plus the added damage will be needed as the phasing tree now lacks a DoT.

This is neat though
Wait wait wait that isn't in this TC build is it? Is this the real wall-walking power we've been waiting for? omgomgomgomgomg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lockheed's powers have no summon affixes and he takes no damage.

Before this current build, he didn't event do that. The Lockheed tree was dedicated to active powers that, while cool looking, locked Kitty in the animations too. But now he can also be an orbiting satellite laying down ranged energy procs without interrupting my melee physical beatdown. Plus the added damage will be needed as the phasing tree now lacks a DoT.

I actually much rather have it like that. Kudos to them

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Deadpool review stuff should be happening soonish, right?

Scirrocco

Got 400 ES to burn. Who should i buy? I've got most of the older heroes (or at least the ones I wanted to get)

I want Winter Soldier for David hayter, but heard hes not great.

War machine looks cool, and has great synergies. And looks kind of cool. But, you know, hes no Hayter...

Is Doom 400? It would be nice to have someone to use all this summoner gear I've been collecting.

Save them up and wait?

Got 400 ES to burn. Who should i buy? I've got most of the older heroes (or at least the ones I wanted to get)

I want Winter Soldier for David hayter, but heard hes not great.

War machine looks cool, and has great synergies. And looks kind of cool. But, you know, hes no Hayter...

Is Doom 400? It would be nice to have someone to use all this summoner gear I've been collecting.

Save them up and wait?

If you're digging Doom, save up for him (he's 600). War Machine is great IMO. Certainly more to him than Winter Soldier.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
kitty is scheduled to go live tomorrow according to ryolnir

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
fuuuuuuuuck hnnnnng

NormalCostumePreview_TeamUp_SpiderGwen.jpg

F6Id1XO.png

https://store.marvelheroes.com/wsstore_en_us/spider-gwen-team-up-pack.html

From a universe in which Gwen Stacy was bit by the radioactive spider as opposed to Peter Parker, Spider-Gwen has appeared in the recent dimension-crossing Spider-Verse! Spider-Gwen will be swinging into Marvel Heroes as a Team-Up Hero AND an Enhanced costume, allowing players to have her by their side with his web slinging and butt kicking or use the Enhanced costume to play as Spider-Gwen themselves!

Top Bottom