• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Drayco21

That Venom zombie is actually not from Marvel Zombies, it's unique to Secret Wars. Venom dies in the actual Marvel Zombies book because the symbiote can't stay on an undead host.

Yes, but it's still a Zombie costume, and if that were really the loophole, it's one that Gaz could use for the pretty much the whole roster if they were so inclined. I mean,someone at Marvel had to approve the costume and give Netmarble the go ahead.

It's just a really hazy thing, trying to figure out how Marvel's contracts with these teams are, is all I'm saying. And from the sound of things from all we've heard over the years, it seems like the flip flop back and forth constantly. I would love to be a fly on the wall for some of how these decisions get made, honestly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Drayco i have noone to talk to about comics and shit is getting so real pre-SW.

You have failed me sir. You are the Namor to my T'Challa

GManDH

i hope they bring back the special wolv TU. ill buy the boxes to get that too. regret not getting it last year. BUT frankcastle will be AWESOME.

Drayco21

Well with Venom's I WANNA EET UR BRENZ SPODERMANZ all the time he might be the exception.

True that. Maybe that's enough.

Drayco i have noone to talk to about comics and shit is getting so real pre-SW.

You have failed me sir. You are the Namor to my T'Challa

New Avengers pre-Secret Wars is the realest shit. The Namor-T'Challa conflict is maybe my favorite thing from Hickman's whole run.

How far is MU up to now?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
New Avengers pre-Secret Wars is the realest shit. The Namor-T'Challa conflict is maybe my favorite thing from Hickman's whole run.

How far is MU up to now?

"In 1 month time runs out"

Also, Sunspot is such a boss, you gotta respect him, mutant or no mutant

Rhaknar

What are all the good pre-SW runs that are must reads?

Avengers and New Avengers are the main books. Avengers World to an extent but its usually side stories. If you want to go really deep, Hickman's entire Fantastic Four / Future Foundation run plays heavily into it.

But mostly Avengers / New Avengers

Drayco21

Avengers and New Avengers are the main books. Avengers World to an extent but its usually side stories. If you want to go really deep, Hickman's entire Fantastic Four / Future Foundation run plays heavily into it.

Pretty much this. You'll get the jist of things just reading Hickman's Avengers books, and backtacking to other Hickman works if you want.

If you want to be Drayco-tier crazy, here's an (arguably incomplete) list:

4gykENx.png

New characters will be shown next Sunday at NYCC. The panel specifically references ANAD, so expect them to be along those lines.

Pretty much this. You'll get the jist of things just reading Hickman's Avengers books, and backtacking to other Hickman works if you want.

If you want to be Drayco-tier crazy, here's an (arguably incomplete) list:

Thank you good sirs. I should really buckle down and get a MU sub.

MU is great but Hickman has gotten really tired to me. I absolutely hate the characters he creates and his tendency to meander into esoteric writing. Remender and Gillen are my favorite writers with Aaron and David following closely. Hickman would've made my list about three years ago before I got sick of him.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Eh all new all differebt is basically enhanced costumes.

So many other heroes deserve release before this but i get marvel wants to push current shit but most people playing arent here for new ones they want classics from 80s 90s etc

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Eh all new all differebt is basically enhanced costumes.

So many other heroes deserve release before this but i get marvel wants to push current shit but most people playing arent here for new ones they want classics from 80s 90s etc

I'll take ANAD stuff before absurd nostalgia garbage like Dazzler any day.

Rhaknar

She seems to have a disproportionately large following on the MH forums for some reason, though.

actually gameplay wise she would be a much better fit compared to someone like, Kitty for example. Lasers everywhere

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
actually gameplay wise she would be a much better fit compared to someone like, Kitty for example. Lasers everywhere

They actually did kitty justice really well for game it is. Dazzler is just a boring wank like magik

Oooo what did i say not the magik word

Well at least Magik was created in service of story. Dazzler was originally a promotional tie-in. She's the Micronauts of mutants.

This makes me like her more. The fact that she didn't just disappear into nothingness over the span of 30 years is kind of impressive. Also Dazzler is better than Jubilee.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
MU is great but Hickman has gotten really tired to me. I absolutely hate the characters he creates and his tendency to meander into esoteric writing. Remender and Gillen are my favorite writers with Aaron and David following closely. Hickman would've made my list about three years ago before I got sick of him.

Same. Hickman's Avengers run feels like a 6-issue series spread out over like 2 fucking years worth of comics. All the high-concept sci-fi shit got real old, real fast. I don't even know how people reading monthly or bi-weekly or whatever kept up, I read it all on MU and still could barely follow what the fuck he was doing sending his characters to like 8 different time lines and shit. Motherfucker I read Shakespeare, I don't feel like getting confused by funny books. That said it had its moments, like when the Avengers fight bizarro world Avengers who are just tryna save their own world. But again it was in service of the tired old "we do horrible shit but only because WE MUST" trope.

Stopped reading MU a few months ago though so I'm really not up to speed at all, I was still a few issues off from the end of the Avengers arc. Did SW turn out good? Reports were positive early on. no spoilers pls

Drayco21

Stopped reading MU a few months ago though so I'm really not up to speed at all, I was still a few issues off from the end of the Avengers arc. Did SW turn out good? Reports were positive early on. no spoilers pls

Secret Wars is the best Marvel event book since Annihilation.

Volimar

Prestiged Cap again, got him to 60 and then prestiged Iron Man and got him to mid 40's. This exp boost for avengers is crazy.

Also this is the third time that the blender has given me a Black Widow costume despite me not having that hero. Stahp!!!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Prestiged Cap again, got him to 60 and then prestiged Iron Man and got him to mid 40's. This exp boost for avengers is crazy.

Also this is the third time that the blender has given me a Black Widow costume despite me not having that hero. Stahp!!!

I'd probably play her more if the blender gave me one of her cooler costumes, like fear itself or the one with splinter cell face.

Moondrop

Banned
Wow, the Dazzler hate is making me sad. She's awesome for several reasons:
1) Originally introduced as part of the Dark Phoenix Saga. I don't care if she was initially developed for commercial reasons, her introductory issue is actually really good.
2) Dazzler never felt compelled to be a superhero just because she had powers; she'd rather use them to make her a better pop star. Not enough mutants who are like, "Risking my life for those that hate and fear us? I'll take the seven-figure paycheck, thanks."
3a) The nostalgia is mostly based on this:
3b) and relatedly this:

I'm gonna add pro-Dazzler and pro-Jubilee flair.

LordGraySkull

Neo Member
Perhaps i was too hasty in shitting on Kitty.
Been using a build focused on Lockheed.
Not bad. Using mah Dragon.

Also, i played and beat that Xmen arcade game many times. Welcome to Die.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I love that Colossus' sig is the nonsensical move pulled right from that game. Unironically love it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hey folks,

In today's Test Center build, the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Team-Up is now available for testing & feedback!

The S.H.I.E.L.D Agent Team-Up can be acquired by simply opening the remote notification sent by Nick Fury once in-game, and then speaking with the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent at the Safehouse checkpoint in Chapter 3.

Please use this thread for any feedback or bug reports for the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Team-Up from today's Test Center. Thanks!

Hey folks,

A new build is currently on Test Center, which contains some updates for Gambit:

52 Pickup now deals AoE damage around the target. All enemies damaged by these hits will take the final explosion damage. Also provides a large buff to Dead Man's Hand, granting it the ability to fire 10 cards at a time, and Bo Beatdown, granting it 20% increased attack speed and the ability to always crit.
House of Cards now deals damage immediately upon impact (in addition to at the end of the hotspot's duration).
Bo Vault and Royal Flush now give a scaling damage buff to Gambit's Melee and Ranged powers, respectively, which now incorporates these fan favorite powers into his rotation.
Swapped the unlock level of Royal Flush and Ace of Spades.
Please use this thread for any feedback or bug reports for Gambit from today's Test Center. Thanks!

from tc

Those Gambino buffs! Don't like them shoehorning Vault into the melee rotation. This is the kind of unnecessary overdesigning that hurts playstyles IMO. I'll give it a shot though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ms marvel is called captain marvel on tc in hero roster

gwen stacy is purchasble but cannot be used

scarlet witch costume ?

UC__MarvelPlayer_ScarletWitch_ANAD_SF

Top Bottom