• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

inky

Well, that sucks. (nvm, I somehow missed the ult upgrade part. That's par for the course, probably just too likely if you have some).

Spider Gwent's voice is neat, I like it.

inky

Opened 30 cards because why not:

cbbiXrz.png

Neat. ~4th Wolvie costume. Still not Iron Man blue costume tho.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the blender has failed me. Got Cable's techno-organic virus (dupe), then god emperor Doom (dupe) and now lastly cyclops original (good lord) >_>

oh well ;_;

edit: they made Cable's default size the +1 increase, good on them. Now do the same for other guys like Cap for example

Volimar

Cable's techno virus costume is what I use.

The luck you people have with fortune cards pisses me off.

Hope the dodge rework benefits Spidey a ton.

Edit: Steam updates the game way faster than the launcher does...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
future things

One of the major focuses going forward for us is improving itemization, crafting, items, and options. This includes StarkTech for Uniques (including the ability to slot +x to a Power on Any Hero Uniques to allow for more options and customization), changing how crafting materials work, making more viable Runewords, improving old items, a new Omega Tab & other Omega changes, allowing players to more easily get desirable rare items, and so, so much more, the defensive rework (and how it ties into itemization) also accounts for this.

I spent today in meetings for all of these things. We're working on stacking up all that's coming in the next few months, finalizing them, and sharing a plan with all of you. I refuse to share half-assed ideas like days gone by, where the plan changes so many times that it's unrecognizable by the time it ships and nobody is happy.

half of the things ryolnir just listed probs full under that category anyway

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Dat Dink drama on the forums. Man, she warps what people say into the most negative things.

Not the first time, or the second, or probably third or fourth. She really should just stop going there because the people who complain about costumes on the forums tend to be THE WORST.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wat are they complaining about and what did Dink say?

Indignate

I'm going to assume people said the costumes suck (that scarlet witch one is eww) and then Dink was like "i don't want to post anymore i'm sad" and then people will make an appreciation thread.

The specifics don't matter. It's all about that three act structure.

inky

Blender time... got Cap Nomad. Yuck!

I swear most of my blenders have been Cap, Emma or Spidey costumes. Like, I've got at least 3 for each this way, wth.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to assume people said the costumes suck (that scarlet witch one is eww) and then Dink was like "i don't want to post anymore i'm sad" and then people will make an appreciation thread.

The specifics don't matter. It's all about that three act structure.

Tale as old as tiiiiime

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
someone posted this stuff at marvel forum

at the panel tomorrow they should be revealing date of the 2016 tie over.

iron fist

Johnny yong Bosch is the voice of Iron Fist. He will have 5 stances that adjust his skills and their affixes (i.e. Tiger stance adds bleeds to all his moves). You can play him with just one stance or use more than one. They are trying not to bloat the skill bar with him. Will have Shou Lou incorporated somehow, maybe his ultimate but that much wasn't outright confirmed.

Dave Fennoy (Lee everett in the Walking Dead Telltale game) is the voice of Blade. Might have a few movie references in his dialogue. Ryolnir is pushing for an "iceskate uphill" line.

Possibly no AP3 this time, might just be four packs of 3 sold throughout 2016, and only a few heroes revealed at a time rather than all upfront. They still wanna do the pack if they can, but it might not make the most financial sense. It isn't decided yet either way.

When it comes to hero releases, Ryolnir doesn't think any hero "deserves" to be in just because. They want to give the fans characters they want, but also ones that will surprise us sometimes or be fun to play.

Remaining AP2 and Team-up AP2 heroes "not unlikely" to slip into 2016. Black Cat is probably the last hero of AP2 (according to Ryolnir). Magik will come before her as she has been mostly done for a while. Unclear who is after Blade though, Magik or Iron Fist.

Black Cat's default costume wasn't confirmed as far as I could tell, but it sounds like it'll be her "Marvel Now" costume with the whip belt.

Next Rogue costume is 1602. Kitty Pryde is also getting her AoA costume, with overrides so that she uses the claws instead of her swords!!!

Rescue or Agent Venom are fighting for last place to be released for Team-up AP2. Archangel has a model and design but it doesn't sound like he's close to being done yet.

Mr Fantastic is the least popular hero by far. Like it's not even close. Poor Reed.

Ryolnir voted for Green Goblin in the poll. Good man. (We shouldn't make assumptions, but I think he's a safe bet for next year)

Super Skrull is the last boss of chapter 10. Ryolnir would like him to be playable someday but doubts it'll happen in 2016. He's definitely a fan though.

New patrol mode from Chapter 10 is called "Hightown Patrol."

I may have missed it, but I didn't hear any info on Deadpool's 52 review.

I asked the real deal with Namor. All I was told is that Marvel doesn't want him to be used right now. Marvel provides all license users/developers with certain lists of characters (that vary from game to game) that can't be used or that they should steer away from. Gazillion has actually managed to get a number of those characters in already so far (obviously getting Marvel to approve them eventually).

Costumes are chosen by Gazillion about "90% of the time" but Marvel does make recommendations. Ryolnir tries to put less iconic costumes in fortune cards so people don't feel like they are missing out on them.

the smaller packs makes sense and is something for best profit wise

Volimar

Johnny yong Bosch is a pretty good VA, but only an average power ranger.

Dave Fennoy (Lee everett in the Walking Dead Telltale game) was pretty good in the walking Dead game. I think he'll do Blade justice.

I like Reed. :(

I want a radically different visual asthetic for a patrol zone, like something cosmic. Looks like we won't get anything like that anytime soon.

Too many players sleeping on Reed. Dude is really strong and fun to play. The comics have ruined him for too many people I guess.

Not happy about lack of AP3, but mostly because I want to know who all to look forward to in the coming year. On the positive side, quarterly character announcements will keep things interesting.

I want a radically different visual asthetic for a patrol zone, like something cosmic. Looks like we won't get anything like that anytime soon.

Doop patrol zone! I think an Asgard patrol would be good.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Too many players sleeping on Reed. Dude is really strong and fun to play. The comics have ruined him for too many people I guess.

Not happy about lack of AP3, but mostly because I want to know who all to look forward to in the coming year. On the positive side, quarterly character announcements will keep things interesting.

Doop patrol zone! I think an Asgard patrol would be good.

lack of ap3 is good tho, allows them to change things on fly due to current events if needed,

the price point for ap3 is probs too steep for many, you split that in seasons winter spring etc and do a 3 or 4 way pack a time i can assure you most people will buy.

this was obviously trial and tested with the team ups and has worked for them, and it makes sense, you see a £100 or equievelant in $ you like oh dam alot but you see £30 or $40 and its alot less etc.

heance why phone contracts are so popular and why xbox did that contract thing with the 360

Drayco21

lack of ap3 is good tho, allows them to change things on fly due to current events if needed,

the price point for ap3 is probs too steep for many, you split that in seasons winter spring etc and do a 3 or 4 way pack a time i can assure you most people will buy.

this was obviously trial and tested with the team ups and has worked for them, and it makes sense, you see a £100 or equievelant in $ you like oh dam alot but you see £30 or $40 and its alot less etc.

heance why phone contracts are so popular and why xbox did that contract thing with the 360

Those 3-character packs already exist though. They do them for those who didn't want everyone in the AP. The only two reasons I see them dropping the idea is to not be locked down to characters this far ahead of time like you mentioned, or that the value was too good and they want us to spend more over the course of the year.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Dave Fennoy is a good get for Blade imo. He's got a good, deep voice. Not that it matters too much because I usually have the game audio real low but hey.

As for Reed, no surprise. Nothing about his entire aesthetic or character appeals to me whatsoever. Ain't nothing sexy or cool about him. Effectiveness doesn't really enter into it, it's the last thing that matters to me when it comes to preference, unless a character is just shockingly bad.

Also if I'd voted in that poll I'd have voted Green Goblin too. Not sure how he's a hero at all but he'd be fun to play probably.

Volimar

Dave Fennoy is a good get for Blade imo. He's got a good, deep voice. Not that it matters too much because I usually have the game audio real low but hey.

As for Reed, no surprise. Nothing about his entire aesthetic or character appeals to me whatsoever. Ain't nothing sexy or cool about him. Effectiveness doesn't really enter into it, it's the last thing that matters to me when it comes to preference, unless a character is just shockingly bad.

Also if I'd voted in that poll I'd have voted Green Goblin too. Not sure how he's a hero at all but he'd be fun to play probably.

But Reed can turn into a bouncy ball.

A BOUNCY BALL!

inky

LOL Reed. That's what happens when you usurp Blade's place in the AP2.

I think he's rather fun to play, but yes, I can see him being unpopular in general.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my prediction for heroes next year,

Angela, Nick Fury, Green Goblin or miles one of them for sure, archangel, firestar,black bolt,elektra,modok,mockingbird. and last two spots not a clue because there will be wiggle room on there end anyway.

I don't think Firestar is even close to being on the shortlist. Swap Beast in for her, and I think you're on to something. I also would argue Clea or Baron Mordo have a fair shot because of Dr. Strange releasing in November next year, and Civil War will probably bring Sharon Carter or Falcon.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Firestar is even close to being on the shortlist. Swap Beast in for her, and I think you're on to something. I also would argue Clea or Baron Mordo have a fair shot because of Dr. Strange releasing in November next year, and Civil War will probably bring Sharon Carter or Falcon.

one of the only team up achievements to get costume etc, was also first team up and can easily replace f4 johnny. and is a woman so money in gazilllions eye anyway

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
hahahaha omfg

j5Ncb8j.jpg

Symbiote Wolverine was apparently shown. Possible for Halloween

Blade will be melee or ranged. Has guns and swords

Alt is the original Green costume.

3rd one will be ANAD

AoA Kitty was shown, her claws will be used instead of swords.

Taskmaster costume from Avengers World

Howard the Duck will have Quack Foo.

Secret Wars White and Blue Ghost Rider ccostume

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
IMG_20151011_144615.jpg

dat taskmaster

frankencastle confirmed

IMG_20151011_143544.jpg

kitty uses claws instea dof sword

IMG_20151011_144649.jpg

ghost rider

IMG_20151011_144808.jpg

punnisher

IMG_20151011_144925.jpg

danger room

IMG_20151011_145650.jpg

Deadpool has a new travel power: Vespa scooter. His sig will pull everyone in and he'll chuck things at everyone. And has a new weapon, Anti aircraft weapon.

Danger Room footage being shown. Its in its final stages before Test Center.

Iron Fist will have different moves depending on the stance hes in. One stance will be a DoT stance. One will be Spirit Regen.

tara strong voicing magik so makes that poll we had even more redundant

Charle Adler voicing Kl'rt

earliest release for chapter 10 could be december

Top Bottom