• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

It's pretty sad how little effort they've put into Spidey-Man's animations the entire time he has been in the game. I worry even after this review he's still not going to look like a 600 splinter character. Given how many other games have gotten him right, where Gaz can draw tons of inspiration from, this is inexcusable. Dude deserves better.

Volimar

It's pretty sad how little effort they've put into Spidey-Man's animations the entire time he has been in the game. I worry even after this review he's still not going to look like a 600 splinter character. Given how many other games have gotten him right, where Gaz can draw tons of inspiration from, this is inexcusable. Dude deserves better.

He's 600 splinters? Wow, what a cash grab.

Volimar

Spider-Man swings from clouds, thats canon

Could be worse.

GQ1DZDJ.gif

Drayco21

It's because Gaz hates the whole Spider-Man franchise. It's also why Kaine, Agent Venom and Anya aren't in this game yet.

Somebody made a chart of all kill times for characters on the high health dummy. Note that these are based on what people have posted videos for, so some characters are either missing or just haven't been maximized by any players yet.

yRXIOXr.png

Dec

Also only displays a heroes best build (range/melee).

Thor QoL is whatever. For Asgard makes the hero fun so the change just makes him even worse when For Asgard isn't up and way better when it is but the uptime is reduced drastically.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Taskmaster is too good for graphs to convey

mileS

When are the Spider-Man changes due to go live?

coming back from a long break and I want to level him first. Probably a bad idea to get used to it for a couple of weeks now only for a change soon.

Dec

I missed that they did that. Hate when they do stuff like that because it affects gearing. Guessing Dr Doom medal is no longer BiS now.

Definitely not.

I'll have to take a gander through the medal tab but some off the top of my head are Hulk, Green Goblin, and Kurse.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely not.

I'll have to take a gander through the medal tab but some off the top of my head are Hulk, Green Goblin, and Kurse.

I like to use cosmic doop medal when I don't know what to use. flat % mitigation and a good amount of health + damage rating. Not BiS but good utility and decent damage.

Volimar

Btw, did you guys know that if you switch to a character that you're about to unlock, and you put, say, a blender costume on the character before you unlock it, then grab the hero token from Adam Warlock and unlock the character, you get two default costumes? Has happened twice for me now, most recently with Black Widow.

Damn it, Voli.

I'm weak!!!

Btw, did you guys know that if you switch to a character that you're about to unlock, and you put, say, a blender costume on the character before you unlock it, then grab the hero token from Adam Warlock and unlock the character, you get two default costumes? Has happened twice for me now, most recently with Black Widow.

Pretty sure this happens no matter what. Think it was a side-effect of them making everyone a "starter".

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Gazillion’s Anthony Gallegos gave us a taste of how Marvel’s most badass vampire hunter would play in Marvel Heroes. Anthony emphasized that Blade always looks like he’s having fun, putting some style into his moves. We’ll see this style in his regular moveset, but it sounds like he’s going to really dial it up for his signature and ultimate. Blade’s signature will have him throw a bunch of stakes at his enemies and finish off by tossing a final stake into the air that he’ll leap up and kick into his opponent. It sounds a heck of a lot like the “ice skate” scene from the original Blade film, and that works just fine for me. For his ultimate, Blade will toss his shades into the air, do some work on his enemies, and then catch and put his shades back on. It definitely sounds like Gaz is trying to capture the cool Snipes exuded as Blade in the films. Blade will also have his bouncing glaive attack and make use of a stacking bleed mechanic that will deal more damage as you continually bleed your opponents, but at the cost of your own health, representing Blade’s struggle with his vampiric thirst.

details on blade

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't the default basically movie style? Black trenchcoat, shades? Close enough.

Drayco21

Isn't the default basically movie style? Black trenchcoat, shades? Close enough.

Different colored shades, and a white t-shirt instead of more black leather under the coat.

But, I'm probably the most consistently petty about stuff like this in these threads, and even I think that Gaz did good here. That's a Blade ass Blade costume alright; looks like a fine default to me, and I don't know what people want from them more than actually licence Snipes likeness (and it's not like Gaz has a great track record nailing faces to begin with...)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I made a huge mistake in focusing on Scarlett Witch instead of my Squirl girl when I started playing again...

Naa SW is fun and super strong.

Also I'm not sure if people are reading that graph wrong, but it's like golf. Lower is better.

But no movie style costume. People in the chat are already pissy about it.

Well they can't just magically license the movie style lol. Marvel owns the rights to Blade fully again, but they still don't own the rights to the old films.

Naa SW is fun and super strong.

Also I'm not sure if people are reading that graph wrong, but it's like golf. Lower is better.

Yeah, lower time = better damage output.

Dec

They posted about how powerful Taskmaster and Squirrel Girl are so I think they know their heroes are hot garbage.

There's a good write up on the defense review on the forums btw.

Odinforce now grants 2% damage bonus per bar filled. Thundering Strike and Crack the Sky updated to also scale based on the number of bars filled.

Crack the Sky will now animate again. Tooltip now properly lists 3 targets hit.

The Anti-Force base damage increased.

Ragnarok base damage slightly increased.

Asgardian Smite recovery time reduced.

Hammer of Storms & Lightning Hammer animation speeds sped up 30%. Lightning Hammer no longer is a charge-up power, but it can still be held to create the PBAoE lightning maelstrom. Tapping the key will automatically throw it at roughly the same animation speed as Hammer of Storms.

Yggdrassil’s Boon health increased 30%, health regeneration increased 50%, projectile deflection increased 25%. This increase to his TTL will help to offset power duration no longer affecting For Asgard!

Son of Odin spirit restoration per enemy hit increased 50%.

God Blast (Ultimate) - Power Rank buff component replaced with increased Critical and Brutal damage. God Blast active component base damage increased.

Ragnarok now deals additional damage to enemies in the center of the blast rather than always dealing a critical hit.

For Asgard! - Reverted previous Test Center change. Power duration once again affects the power, and it increases base damage rather than granting a multiplier. Critical Damage bonus remains. Bonus defensive stats on Yggdrasil's Boon also remain.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Good stuff. Man, Gaz is like the anti-Bungie. Even if they don't always nail it, at least they listen to the community, and do respond. It's not always for the best but it sure is nice to feel acknowledged by the devs as a community.

Also liking the idea behind the defense changes. It sounds smart. Hopefully they execute well.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they actually let us test the defense changes n dont half ass launch it. Its why system in past are like they are.

Its affecting every hero so it needs proper testings.

Also be interesting how they do thr defense for hybrids or heroes like war machine.

Anoregon

The defense changes sound good on paper. I like the idea of being able to gear up for deflection or whatever and not being gimped by it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The defense changes sound good on paper. I like the idea of being able to gear up for deflection or whatever and not being gimped by it.

Well it sounds like you'll actually just want to keep stacking your hero's main mitigation stat as much as possible due to how the multipliers work. So if you're Spider-Man you do want to keep stacking dodge now, conceivably up to a certain point of diminishing returns when you'll want to stack whatever his secondary mitigation stat is (deflection or whatever the other one was).

I just like the idea that I can actually stack defense/armor now and actually have it matter, whereas before it was all about HP and flat % dmg reduction from passives/gear, which was not really possible to itemize for by and large, you just got it where you could. I think it won't change the meta of gearing as much offense as possible TOO much for srs high-end content people but for the people who wanna hang out in cosmic patrols and not melt quite as fast when bosses look at them it could be real nice.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i approve of the cable changes

10/14 EVENING UPDATE
Cable

Psimitar Lunge & Psimitar Slam damage increased

Telekinetic Overload damage increased, animation time slightly reduced

Impaling Thrust - bonus in Askani Discipline increased to 250%

Telepathic Illusion - damage increased (Mental Discipline)

10/14 AFTERNOON POST
We had a little bit of time to do some bug fixing/QoL/tuneup for these 2 heroes. Most of these changes are in TC now though a few numbers might not show up until the newer build. Please leave your feedback below!

Cable

Pulse Rifle has been fixed to scale with attack speed in Ordinance Discipline spec (as the tooltip already shows).

Along with this large increase in the damage of this spec, we've made the following changes:

Viper Beam now rotates twice as fast as previously, which should help with tracking moving targets while retaining the feel of firing a very badass weapon

Psimitar Slam - animation time decreased, damage increased. Take 50% less damage during this power.

Impaling Thrust - bonus damage in spec increased to 200%

Swift Lunge - damage increased

Telekinetic Overload - animation time decreased, damage increased. Take 50% less damage during this power.

Mind Bullets - bonus damage increased from 30% to 40%

Psionic Illusion - damage increased

Gambit

Bo Beatdown now brings Gambit closer to the target before starting to attack, which means Grand Slam will always be in range when alternating with Bo Beatdown

Bo Vault has a shorter minimum range, such that a stationary target can be hit with Bo Beatdown and Grand Slam without Gambit having to move between activations.

These changes should help make his melee rotation more smooth in actual gameplay

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
regarding 2016 launch

I can confirm that we plan to make changes to crafting as a system (elements in particular) for that particular release, yes.

Anoregon

queen you haven't posted any selfies in like a week are you ok???

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
queen you haven't posted any selfies in like a week are you ok???

barely been around lol. shit times at work, pretty chaos ranging from, sacking someone due to not fucking around playing demos for 5 hours. pat testing every appiliance, machine etc for standards, and a staff member on holiday so doing crazzzier hours then normal (76 hour week this week)

Iiq6GP4.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
had £8000 go it in money last week as winnings was crazzzzzzy

Top Bottom