• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why the fuck isnt taskmaster's cape full length?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
secret invasion bosses

IMG_20151011_150700.jpg

IMG_20151011_150802.jpg

why the fuck arent these costumes ? thats fucking money right there
smh visual update

IMG_20151011_151248.jpg

Those visual updates are so dumb. It just feels unnecessary. I kind of like the cartoony stuff. The "realistic" costumes look blocky in this engine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Those visual updates are so dumb. It just feels unnecessary. I kind of like the cartoony stuff. The "realistic" costumes look blocky in this engine.

reminds me of the jump from Ultimate Alliance 1 to 2

it was a shit change there also

inky

Indeed. The game is done in that style and as more and more updates come in characters will look more and more out of place.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
apprantley ryolnir said even marvel was shocked at the taskmaster costume

inky

I think I need to say that I like a lot of the new costumes and models, just so it doesn't come across as "hate of change" just for the sake of it, but I also think some of it is not that necessary yet, and certainly not the way they are going about it. Parts of the world or enemies could do with a pass first.

Some of the more recent ultra detailed costumes aren't better either. I dislike Magneto's alt and I swear Iron Patriot used to look better before for some reason and now it looks like a plastic toy... if a few of them lose their initial charm just to make them more detailed I think that isn't a net positive, for me at least. *shrugs*

With that white Jean costume my problem is more that it is a recolor of the basic costume, yet it costs $14 because they never updated that dumb chase costume pricing scheme. They should've changed that first. I think Black Widow's base is great, but the less realistic face probably bothers them and it will end up changing too, which could be a shame.

Hawkeye's Ronin textures need an update so bad, so maybe all is not lost for me. Kinda wonder when they will get around to doing that one tho.

Iron Patriot never looked good in this game. That model definitely needs an overhaul. And the problem with Widow's default, along with a lot of the original costumes, is that the hair looks bad. And I mean BAD. Faces and general design are fine for the most part.

inky

A lot of stuff like that is bad (hair and capes) but could be fixed on a character by character basis instead of updating the models. It could be that updated hair no longer fits with the rest and decide to change it all. I hope at least they have the sense to leave some of the launch costumes that were perfectly fine alone.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I prefer Cap's old default over this new one. This hyperreal style just doesn't work for this game at all. It looks bad. The lack of a cohesive art style really came back to bite them in the ass. You can make dated stuff look alright with the right art style, just ask WoW. All this "all the fabrics are wrinkled! REALISM!" shit just doesn't play, and the faces are just... ew.

They had it imo - Jean's All New costume was the sweet spot. That's what I'd have liked to see more of.

wp3HouZ.png

Rhaknar

I hate the hair on that costume. Gimme ANAD Jean tho

Remember when raid 3 was supposed to be in the fall? Also, after seeing all those new costumes on my desktop, gotta say I'm not excited about any of them (wtf at that Ghost Rider costume?). And why is the crafting revamp delayed till next year too?

Gaz...
Skip-Bayless-Looks-at-Camera-Shakes-Head.gif

LordGraySkull

Neo Member
So, after nothing for so long......i get that dumbass GR costume. Fuck that. Should have been Danny ketch blue flames at least.

To top it off Blade, who i was looking forward to, gets two awful alts instead of something that at least resembles what made him popular in the first place, which of course was Wesley snipes version. So everyone will be using the trenchcoat white shirt version just to be even close to that.

I can tell the folks with fucking intelligence was let go by this company, and the idiots remained.

So, after nothing for so long......i get that dumbass GR costume. Fuck that. Should have been Danny ketch blue flames at least.

Would've required a new voice actor, cause different character, and have to be Enhanced.

To top it off Blade, who i was looking forward to, gets two awful alts

Personally, I'm extremely happy that he's getting his 70s afro original costume. I'm gonna rock that one all day.
And Marvel is pretty much dictating them what costumes they have to use. I know they're saying Marvel "suggests" them, but it's pretty obvious Marvel is not just "suggesting".

instead of something that at least resembles what made him popular in the first place, which of course was Wesley snipes version.

Licensing is a bitch. They can't use the Wesley Snipes looks.

I can tell the folks with fucking intelligence was let go by this company, and the idiots remained.

Yes, it's Gaz's fault that Marvel sold the movie rights for a while.

The last I heard, they can't even use Danny Ketch Ghost Rider at all. More red tape from Marvel.

Also, I don't have the Alejandra costume, what's wrong with it?

LordGraySkull

Neo Member
She was originally was supposed to have flame hair(the skeletal rig remains if you look at her behind a wall in xaviers hub). When that costume was previewed at a con long ago, they bragged about the flame hair technology or what ever and it was a selling point for the costume. When released, it didn't have the hair, just copy and pasted flames for the other costume. When asked WTF, devs said it was coming, just a prob with it. Never happened. When asked recently again about it, they pretty much said not gonna happen.

Man, if Danny ketch can't be used...that is gonna suck.

So we gonna get playable Kl'rt or not then?

Cause those Skrull models look insane and I want them

According to QoH's post earlier:
Super Skrull is the last boss of chapter 10. Ryolnir would like him to be playable someday but doubts it'll happen in 2016. He's definitely a fan though.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they did some sort of secret release for him.
And yeah, those Skrulls look insane. That Dr. Strange/Ghost Rider/Loki one looks badass.

Looks like they're not using Rl'nnd for the X-Men based one, though, since the one in the picture doesn't have Nightcrawler's tail.

She was originally was supposed to have flame hair(the skeletal rig remains if you look at her behind a wall in xaviers hub). When that costume was previewed at a con long ago, they bragged about the flame hair technology or what ever and it was a selling point for the costume. When released, it didn't have the hair, just copy and pasted flames for the other costume. When asked WTF, devs said it was coming, just a prob with it. Never happened. When asked recently again about it, they pretty much said not gonna happen.

Man, if Danny ketch can't be used...that is gonna suck.

Ah yeah that sucks.
And don't hold your horses for Danny. Don't expect him at all and you'll be pleasantly surprised if they can release him.

Honestly, the female and the magician ones are the only ones I like. Kl'rt looks really weird in that cyber suit and silly helmet, and the other 2 look like they're Orcs from Warhammer 40k. And God does that Wolverine mask look dumb lol.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
2 years since a new chapter.

Its a crime we havent got phantom rider

Defence n dodge is scheduled this month

Also no midtown madness

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It was running hours ago when I played for a bit. Maybe it just started a bit later? idk

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
hahaha i was fucking right, dink didnt do the captain america visual update it was space zero who does the best costumes anyway

inky

It was running hours ago when I played for a bit. Maybe it just started a bit later? idk

I played today from 11ish am US Central to around 2 pm and as far as I could tell it was running already then. If it was absent it wasn't for long.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
thor small qol

Power progression updated, giving more impactful powers at early levels.

Son of Odin fully restores Odinforce.

Odinforce - Slight increase to the delay before Odinforce begins to decay again after gaining.

Asgardian Smite set to a flat 4s cooldown instead of one that scales to 4s at rank 50.

Forked Lightning now prevents Odinforce decay while channeling.

Lightning Hammer and Hammer of Storms range increased.

Lightning Hammer now deals higher base damage and has a 4s cooldown, shared with Spinning Strike. This grants a hammer throw alternative layer for players who prefer powers with larger areas of effect and may not tend to use Spinning Strike in their builds. Charge up time to reach maximum damage reduced by 50%.

Crack the Sky now hits up to 3 enemies when imbued with Odinforce. Range increased. Critical hit chance increased slightly when imbued with Odinforce.

Leaping Smite (Odinforce-imbued) and Hammer Smash visual increased in size to match area of effect.

Ragnarok now always critically hits.

For Asgard! now increases damage by a multiplier rather than increasing base damage. The power now also increases critical damage by the same amount. Duration can no longer be affected by power duration in exchange for the large scale increase in offensive power.

Volimar

BW is so much fun I stayed on super late and got her up to level 45. I don't know about timed explosive though. Even if I pile them on and spend over half my spirit on them they don't seem to do much damage. Maybe it'll be better when I have her properly geared.

thor small qol

That's good, he doesn't need much.

I thought they were trying to steer people away from just building for crit/brutal. Always crit moves don't seem to be the way to do that.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I might replace spinning strike with lightning hammer in my build. Might try a ranged build, too. Been playing Thor the same way for a long time now.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
BW is so much fun I stayed on super late and got her up to level 45. I don't know about timed explosive though. Even if I pile them on and spend over half my spirit on them they don't seem to do much damage. Maybe it'll be better when I have her properly geared.

That's good, he doesn't need much.

I thought they were trying to steer people away from just building for crit/brutal. Always crit moves don't seem to be the way to do that.

spiderman gains more damage the more dodge stat he has

Top Bottom