• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, how are those rare artifacts drops? Is it really noticeably better?

Fucking nothing. I've played a bunch over the last few weeks, killed loads of bosses, even running like 500% RIF at times, have gotten zero boss-specific drops.

Ultron mode drops definitely are better though, I'll say that much.

GManDH

Fucking nothing. I've played a bunch over the last few weeks, killed loads of bosses, even running like 500% RIF at times, have gotten zero boss-specific drops.

Ultron mode drops definitely are better though, I'll say that much.

Thats funny ive gotten 3 mask of algrim and 4 GOTK in one day of farming. and my rif and sif is LOW.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Got liz formula day patch went live. Not played much tho

In light of the upcoming costume updates, I thought this was an interesting comparison pic to look at.

BPQi4yw.png

These are essentially the exact same costume, down to every facet of the design (ignoring the different sexes), but they were done by different artists under different art direction. Will be interesting to see how some of the super simplistic designs turn out once revamped.

We've been looking at Thor uniques and there is a little work that should be done on them.

The current plan is to have them reworked(in a minor capacity) coming with the blade/danger room release.

Subtle confirmation of Danger Room's release date?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Why did they change Spider-Gwen changing to Spider-Girl when summoned as Gwen? I really liked that =\

Besides that, the Spidey rework is a bit dull. I've only tried the movement build so far but it's just 2 extra cooldown powers, the rest of it is still kind of boring. Not interested in a ranged build and the melee build doesn't seem all that different either. Meh.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dunno if you guys know but the taskmaster costume avengers world is in store

Dec

Why did they change Spider-Gwen changing to Spider-Girl when summoned as Gwen? I really liked that =\

Besides that, the Spidey rework is a bit dull. I've only tried the movement build so far but it's just 2 extra cooldown powers, the rest of it is still kind of boring. Not interested in a ranged build and the melee build doesn't seem all that different either. Meh.

Because Spider-Girl was using Spider-Gwen's voice lines. The way I remember them wording it, it may never be reverted.

GManDH

Theyll review/qol everyone in the future. TM will be useful one day. Maybe after all this new content is out well get more full reviews. They already said they arent releasing as many heroes next year.

Gothos

My reaction to Spidey review:

900x900px-LL-57cef2ae_tumblr_nqj8wxph2u1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Not much really changed for him, to be honest, at least regarding melee spec. I have the same exact rotation as before the review with only 1 new power in it. Shame :(

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
space zero really does do the best costumes, he was the art designer on the taskmaster avengers world costume

Was looking at some pics from the website of the old MH art director and it turns out the game had a much different, stylized look originally.

Marvel-Hero-Lineup.jpg

Marvel-lineup-old-1024x513.jpg

And here's a progression of artstyles from original concepts to final versions for launch.

CaptainAmerica-Progression-1024x352.jpg

inky

Probably changed it because they already had that kid browser game going with a similar art style. I don't know but that's my guess.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Boy it sure would've been nice if this game had an art style. Even one like that. It's so schizo right now. And the hyperrealistic style is such a bad fit for an ARPG. But this is old ground.

LordGraySkull

Neo Member
Wrecking shit with ranged Jane Foster Thor at the moment. Took her through onslaught raid...easy. Maintained almost 98 stacks on sents. Cmm is a joke. Damn nice.

Probably changed it because they already had that kid browser game going with a similar art style. I don't know but that's my guess.

Yeah, Gazillion also was (and still is) working on Super Hero Squad Online, which is based on the cartoon of the Super Hero Squad brand, and its associated merchandise/media.

Fairly similar style (just that this one is a bit more "chibi"), so I can see why they tried to differentiate themselves.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Chapter 10 dev time is funny when u look at the fact its based in a place like midtown so probs fuck ton of reused assests

This is better than danger room

OL0SXJb.jpg

What am I looking at here? Havok as a team up? I don't get it.

:edit: Doctor versus Dr.???

Updated last night and gave Spidey a try. Still fun, fluid gameplay. He's probably the easiest to play in game as melee, with decent results. The anti-Doctor Strange.

Speaking of Strange, comic book fans in here need to try out the new series. It's incredibly good.

I'm anxious for the Deadpool review, as that will hold me over until Iron Fist drops. He's the only reason I bought AP2, and the wait has been eternal. I hope Gaz doesn't botch him, as he's my forever main when he drops. Probably the first I'll ever take on the cosmic route.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Don't be one of those people.

It also reorders them based on enhanced costumes. Lady Loki/Deadpool after Kitty for instance.

One of what people? That legit thinks this is one of the most lacking things in the game?

I wasnt being sarcastic with my megaton if thats what you mean

What am I looking at here? Havok as a team up? I don't get it.

Characters showing their equipped costumes on the select screen

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Must've been a really difficult change considering it took them like 2 years to do it

Characters showing their equipped costumes on the select screen

Gotcha. Means nothing to me, but it's such a simple fix I don't understand why it's not already like that. Must be that Gaz Time® magic.

I remember a Doctor versus Dr. issue with character names and wondered if that was just being addressed.

Top Bottom