• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Full details will be provided in the weeks to come – they’re far too many for one mere press release to handle – but highlights of some of the most notable features to be released include the following, beginning this December and throughout 2016:

“Secret Invasion” Story Chapter: Battle alien Skrulls of all shapes and sizes, including the Super-Skrull himself, Kl’rt, who makes his long-awaited, much requested Marvel Heroes debut.

Controller Support
: One of the community’s most requested features.

Visual Updates: Revamped looks for characters introduced during Marvel Heroes’ 2013 launch window.

Leaderboards: Something new and interesting to do every night. Tournaments and Seasons will grow out of this eventually.

Steam Achievements: Players loved the new in-game achievements added to Marvel Heroes 2015 – now, the feature extends to Steam with nearly 100 of them.

Mac Out of Beta: The Mac version has been in beta for over a year now. Not anymore.

: Keeping things current with what is happening in the greater Marvel landscape to a greater degree than ever, such as the current “All-New All-Different” comics, while still also continuing to honor over 75 years of comic history.

Meanwhile, other exciting material is planned for the months to follow the December launch:

Savage Land Patrol Zone: A never-ending gauntlet of dinosaurs, sadistic mutates and more!
Thanos Raid: The Mad Titan makes his Marvel Heroes debut.
More! Stay tuned for further announcements.
In addition to this abundance of new content, players can expect the continuous flow of new playable characters (now numbering more than 50!), team-up heroes, pets and more to proceed as they’ve grown accustomed to over the past two years.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The "long awaited much requested" debut for Super Skrull is for Super Skrull to be playable Gaz, not a boss.

Nobody awaits or requests bosses >_>

I wonder if Iron Fist will be ready around said relaunch, cuz that'd be tits.

Should be right before or after Thanksgiving. Then again, they may just hold him back and release him alongside the relaunch. Who knows these days. It has been two months since Cable's review and there hasn't been more than a peep regarding Deadpool's review.

inky

I wouldn't mind if they just stopped with most of the new content full stop and started spicing up existing content. Everything (except Raids or PvP which I don't touch so I don't know) feels like with a round or two of polish and new stuff could become much better. They have a wide variety of stuff to do already, and 50 classes to do it with. Just step it up a bit.

Volimar

I wouldn't mind if they just stopped with most of the new content full stop and started spicing up existing content. Everything (except Raids or PvP which I don't touch so I don't know) feels like with a round or two of polish and new stuff could become much better. They have a wide variety of stuff to do already, and 50 classes to do it with. Just step it up a bit.

I want all new all different content.

Oh boy another patrol zone that looks like the other patrol zones.

Weeeee!

You guys ever wonder what it's like to look up from that jet in Avengers tower? Well wonder no more!

3aXvW1o.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I mean, they are eventually going to get to a point where the pool of playable characters they can add becomes more and more niche. It seems like everyone has an absolutely favorite character that 99% of the rest of the world doesn't really give a shit about, and sadly those types of characters don't necessarily warrant a large chunk of dev time to get into the game just for the sake of adding new heroes.

Super Skrull should totally be playable though, yeah. It's pretty much the only way a character with Fantastic Four characters will ever be popular.

I mean, they are eventually going to get to a point where the pool of playable characters they can add becomes more and more niche. It seems like everyone has an absolutely favorite character that 99% of the rest of the world doesn't really give a shit about, and sadly those types of characters don't necessarily warrant a large chunk of dev time to get into the game just for the sake of adding new heroes.

I've been saying this for some time now. We're already starting to stretch a bit with some of the characters in game. She-Hulk and Taskmaster are not very popular comic book characters, and aren't in films for more mainstream awareness. War Machine is a pathetic Iron Man knockoff...are we supposed to be excited for his release?

Blade has some mainstream recognition from the Wesley Snipes movies. Magik in her current form wasn't even around until 2007, and nobody cared about her until very recently. Black Cat is the definition of whatever; she's a nice rack in search of a character. Beast? Shoehorned Angela as Thor's sister? Miles Morales? Wasp? Who are we supposed to look forward to next year? If there even is an advanced pack 3 (and I highly doubt there will be since nobody there is appealing), it will need to be 50% cheaper. And even then, I'm not buying it.

Iron Fist has been around forever and is a favorite for many (including me), but he fits into that niche appeal you mentioned. The fact that they are purposefully holding off on him until the very last major release of AP2 tells you all you need to know about the state of what characters are still out there for release. If Danny is your big marquee release for the year, you're stretching thin.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
She-Hulk and War Machine are at least well-known characters, though. And Iron Fist has a a Netflix show in the works which definitely knocks him up a few notches in the relevance bracket. I'll admit I didn't really know anything about Taskmaster until I saw him in MH but he already existed in the game at least, so making him playable wasn't a big deal.

Once Gaz starts adding Runaways characters you will know that they have exhausted all of the actually worthwhile properties. Nothing will ever make me care about fucking nico minoru.

Drayco21

Lost his son.
Lost his kingdom.
Lost his wife.
Lost his good costume.
Still not in Marvel Heroes, even as an NPC.

Truly being Black Bolt is suffering.

Anoregon

He also has just about the most absurd proper first and last name in all of comic books.

Blade is up on the TC. Someone play and post impressions.

Blade brings in a unique mechanic - Thirst. Several of Blade's powers, in both his ranged and melee arsenal, cause enemies to begin bleeding. This causes the Thirst meter to increase, as Blade fights off his vampiric side. Eventually, if the meter reaches full, Blade enters a Bloodlust state, gaining increased offensive power, but at a great cost. His health will continually decrease so long as you are in the Bloodlust state, until you activate The Serum, resetting the Thirst.

The Serum also contains a set of specializations that allow you to choose how much of this risk/reward system you want to take on. Perhaps you aren't into the idea of eating your own health, and can opt to stave off the Thirst as much as possible. If high risk/high reward is your style, you can opt into increasing the health drain in order to further increase offensive power.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
feels like a 2001 game with his texture on coat

hcZWi1H.jpg

hahahaha his run animation is so bad, his arms n movement just look so robot

Dec

Addy costume core (previously said by ryolnir to be prom)

Really hard to know how significant bloodlust is because it isn't taking away his health at the moment.

I only played melee build.

You cannot really play hybrid, his ranged tree has ranged versions of all his melee powers and they share cooldowns with the melee versions. Using a mixture can be done but you would only do so if you want that playstyle and don't care about a damage loss.

His uniques are good, hit 50 in everything. Has 24-25k health. Nice passives. Fairly good regen (gives group constitution), some life on hit. I think he needs a 25% core and doop runeword depending on specialization choice. His signature is Mr. Fantastic's with half the damage, half the amount of bounces but half the cooldown and you don't have to use all 3 jumps back to back, just within 15 seconds. His powers fit on a bar pretty well.

Potential negatives:

His bleed situation is weird but it seems like an easy thing to fix.
I could see people finding him a bit clunky but the powers that have animation lock are very highly damaging.
Lacking in big AOE.

Rotation:

Standard rotation looking like: UV Grenade (scaling stun +10% vuln) > Glaive Orbit (applies his one non-stacking bleed) > Toxin-Loaded Gauntlet (a Dempsey Roll-like combo with a huge burst at the end +35% vuln with that trees powers) > Stake Through The Heart (huge 1 target nuke CD, 2x damage to bleeding) > Hack n' Slash (spender) until repeat.

Pretty standard rotation, pretty standard mechanics with a new underlying mechanic mixing things up (his Serum mentioned above).

Serum:

You gain Bloodlust from applying his one non-stacking bleed, when full you gain 10% attack/move speed and 10% damage but lose some health constantly. Your 3 options for specializing the mechanic are these:

1. +defense and +20% health when not Bloodlusted. Bloodlust gains 50% slower. - You never have to be Bloodlusted with this.

2. Instantly reset all non-signature powers, restore 25% spirit, you maintain the 10% damage and attack/movespeed at all times but with no health loss. - Seems like you will be actual Bloodlusted (losing health) for only 4s per 12s this way. The other 8s you have the benefits of Bloodlust with no negatives.

3. +10% damage, +10% crit chance, +10% spirit cost reduction, double the health loss from normal Bloodlust - Always Bloodlusted, 70-75% crit chance, constantly losing HP (can't know how much because of the bug)

Worth mentioning that you heal for a nice chunk when you use Serum and go back to 0 Bloodlust, it's about 14k health with full Bloodlust. The 1st spec doesn't reach Bloodlust so this heal is nice but not as big, the 2nd spec should get the full 14k health every 12 seconds and the final build would only get the heal in dire situations because you are sacrificing damage for it.

Also he is a dodge hero and we don't have the defense rework yet. He is deflect/defense which means pretty squish for now.

He may gain bloodlust much faster than I'm seeing, during testing vulnerability stuff with his bleeds I noticed that his AOE bleeds are only applying the bleed to one target.

Volimar

Speaking of dodge heroes, now that Spidey's rework is done is it worth it to ditch other artis for things like shrinking potion to increase his dodge or is it not enough of a difference?

Speaking of dodge heroes, now that Spidey's rework is done is it worth it to ditch other artis for things like shrinking potion to increase his dodge or is it not enough of a difference?

You would never give up the big stats for dodge. It would only make dodge nice to have on a piece of gear.

I only played melee build.

Thanks for the writeup. Hopefully they do properly balance hybrid as that's how I'd like to go with Blade.

Volimar

You would never give up the big stats for dodge. It would only make dodge nice to have on a piece of gear.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Looks like my plans for Spider Gwen have hit the back burner. My kid needs $50 for wrestling participation and probably at least $70 for gear including shoes. Thankfully his Christmas wants are fairly simple at his age. itunes gift card and xbox live gold.

I got Squirrel Girl up to lvl 48-ish. Gonna put her on the shelf for a bit too.

I gotta say though, this is the first time I've gone through the revamped story mode and I really dig the changes. I like the story mode boxes with eternity splinters too.

Dec

The new TC patch is up and I don't even know how Bloodlust will work in its current form.

You take like 750 damage twice per second when in bloodlust. The bloodlust spec takes 2x that. You can't even stay alive with it on with any amount of realistic healing in the game.

At least you cannot be killed by Bloodlust, you just run around with 50 health all the time.

Dec

Ok I've been doing Danger Room with him and trying Bloodlust in different ways. You can play him fine without Bloodlust and just do less damage and be tank-ish.

I did a scenario with full bloodlust and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun in a I could die at any moment right now-way. I got a scenario with duplicate bosses so I fought Hyde x2 at the same time with full bloodlust and just had to invuln and dodge my way around the fight.

It was cool. I just don't think full bloodlust will fly in Axis or cosmic patrols in its current form. I also don't want them to nerf the health loss into it becoming a non-issue because I have wanted a hero like this for a while.

Venom looked promising with his health costing abilities but in the end they cost so little it changes nothing in terms of gameplay.

He has a panic gameplay going on if you want to play that way where one false step could end it for you. DPSing a boss at 300 hp while your team up tanks, just waiting for the animation of the boss that is aoe/could kill you so you can medkit or Serum a split second before to survive.

Taking care of trash is his weakness at the moment. No good group clear for melee and you definitely don't want to be 300 hp running through a Modok terminal. You need to use bloodlust sparingly taking care of trash and just go full bloodlust while play smartly vs. bosses that have more predictable damage tells.

The single target damage is good, and fantastic if you can manage the health loss.

Dec

It's fairly interesting with the random affixes and it could destroy some heroes. You kind of have to mouse over the portal and check the affixes before entering because currently you cannot change hero mid-scenario, even if you bodyslide out.

In the notes they have said the difficulty still isn't where they want it, and bosses are bugged to be much easier than intended so who knows where difficulty ends up.

It's harder than cosmic terminals but I think it could be quite a bit harder and the random hazards need to deal like 20x more damage. Who cares about falling wrecking balls if when they hit they do 500 damage.

Top Bottom