• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ill be too busy with Jessica Jones and Fallout in 1 month

as if I played Marvel at all these days

The trick is to play this game in spurts. I took off three months and am ready to go. Too bad I came back one month too soon.

Royals in their second straight World Series will tide me over. Oh, and Jessica Jones. I'm hyped for that. <3 Krysten Ritter.

inky

Queen posting selfies in the Guild Wars 2 thread instead of here. We've lost her lads.

It's a sad day for Marvel Heroes.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Queen posting selfies in the Guild Wars 2 thread instead of here. We've lost her lads.

It's a sad day for Marvel Heroes.

A sad day for us :(

RIP Gazillion they just lost their #1 whale

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Lol im not gone dont worry.

The game is quite stale right now. I just dont see danger room changing much to be fair. Blade. Black cat and iron fist dont interest me as heroes to play. Nothing against them just no interest there.

Im looking forward to few heroes next year for sure.

I check this thread n marvel forum every day anyway. Hell i loaded up tc with blade n posted his half life 1 texture coat lol.

I'll no doubt spend shit loads more this Christmas on u guys anyway had different plans for it this year n im sure u will all enjoy it :D

Plus they will get my money with 2016 launch cos omega expansion and next year when heroes come.

I dont buy the ultimate i buy the heroes indiviually so they technically get more money from me

I usually end up trying every MMO at least through the 30 day period. GW2 did nothing for me, but that was admittedly a long time ago. The gameplay was pure chaos with no legitimate aggro mechanics or holy trinity, which I guess since people prefer. I like to tank, dammit!

I enjoyed my month or so of FFXIV to reach cap on a paladin and then took a dark knight to 50ish, before becoming totally bored. I'll never even attempt Warcraft again after falling down that rabbit hole years ago. Already played through the great The Old Republic storyline. EVE looks way too overwhelming and seems to be a massive time sink.

Is Wildstar worth a look? I'm super casual about this kind of game now and unsure if it's worth a go. If not, I'll chill and await Iron Fist.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The new SWTOR expansion is quite excellent, it's totally story-driven. Might as well be singleplayer.

mileS

The new SWTOR expansion is quite excellent, it's totally story-driven. Might as well be singleplayer.

Having a blast with it again and I'm not even at the new content yet!
Really want to try GW2 again too. The expansion price seems eh but it looks cool. I enjoyed what I played of GW2 for the most part, but I didn't get far before the combat got a little boring. 30min with a weapon set and you already have all the abilities is a little strange for me. Makes the combat a bit stale when you have such a small pool of things to do. The action camera looks like it would make the game play a bit like Tera which had amazing combat, so thats fine with me.

inky

I played GW2 for 300 hours at launch, then I kinda got sick of it.

Back then the lvl 80 areas were completely bugged and undercooked and what I liked about the early game didn't apply to them but they were the best place for the pink currency grind for the high level armor so I kinda had to spend the time there.

WvWvW started well and fun, then it became just a zergfest that we won most of the time. The instanced dungeons were a bit of a mess because like Tragic says, without a clear role it was hard to get everyone on the same page and I think that also made them mechanically less interesting to do, and then the one I wanted to do for a specific set of armor was one the guild didn't want to do often if ever anyways, so PUGing that shit was the worst.

The good things about the game for me were: climbing puzzles, that you could visit and complete every area regardless of level and still get story and rewards, and the big public dragon bosses. But there is only so much of that stuff you can do before getting bored.

I logged in yesterday and they've changed a lot of stuff that I think the best thing would be to start over with a fresh character because I felt completely lost. The clock tower was still a pain to do and apparently my witch costume can't use her broom anymore for some reason.

The one thing I really regret was selling my Mystic Conduit. I sold it to get some gems for bank space back then but now it is going for like 400 gold and I only have 30 on me. Lame.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've actually been giving both GW2 and SWTOR some time lately. GW2 has just never got its hooks in me the way an MMO needs to in order to keep me playing, but I still give it the chance every now and then to see if it clicks. SWTOR definitely did have its hooks in me at launch, but not much since then. Leveling a new char right now is great though, companions are overpowered as hell but it's kind of fun.

I never even considered giving TOR a look again, hmmmm. Imperial agent storyline was so awesome. I also enjoyed the pure Jedi knight story, even if it was so bit predictable.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I never even considered giving TOR a look again, hmmmm. Imperial agent storyline was so awesome. I also enjoyed the pure Jedi knight story, even if it was so bit predictable.

Those are the best 2 storylines by a fair margin from what I've played. People say Sith Warrior is good too but I haven't played that one yet.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I liked Bounty Hunter a lot. Part of the benefit there is that all the random non-story quests just feel like mini bounties so they fit a bit better for that class from a story perspective than the rest.

Indignate

Interesting.

You all dislike GW2 but I like it and I find this game really bad but you all like it but always say mean things about it.

But I play both anyways.

Very interesting.

Edit: Kepow says that Future Fight is in fact the best game.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
One thing u cannot fault arenanet for is how dam stable their servers are. One of the only big expansions i can recall where their aren't queues for logging in. Their weent server problems or that either. They are gods at server stability thats for sure

Even during gw1 years they were same.

Wow going offline for 12 hours and arenanet were like lololol here have guild wars factions with no downtime etc lol

inky

Yea, I don't know what kind of sorcery they employ, but keeping games online for years with 0 downtime is insane and should be an MMO/Online server side game staple in this day and age. Path of Exile kinda does it, but not really and it's not as big a game. Not even close.

Indignate

We can be cynical about it though and say it might be because they didn't pull that many people with the expansion.

I'm not aware of any stats though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
We can be cynical about it though and say it might be because they didn't pull that many people with the expansion.

I'm not aware of any stats though.

They for sure did. Population of maps show that starting zones too. Every map i went to was pretty dam good barring the labyrinthe due to clashing with teq

Stats we have recently say they gained 2 million accounts since August which in august was 5 million

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
just so you all dont feel left out

ekFOy9J.jpg

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I liked Bounty Hunter a lot. Part of the benefit there is that all the random non-story quests just feel like mini bounties so they fit a bit better for that class from a story perspective than the rest.

This is true. I leveled a BH as my first class back at launch, all the other classes I've been playing with the 12x EXP boost though so I ignored all that shit. Made leveling a lot faster but also means a LOT of downtime just traveling between places. Game's kinda shit for zone design.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The uniques were designed to come with Red Axis, which as you know has been waiting for hero balance to get closer (and is still in-progress).

We can add them sooner since people already have some amount of Champs.

In addition, the reason we're not aggressively bumping Raid loot at this time is due to the ability to just endlessly farm the final boss without actually playing the entire raid (through inviting and changing heroes).

We're looking at a way to make the weekly cooldown less restrictive overall, but close the gap on that terrible design flaw. With that, we would feel more comfortable increasing the raid loot more than we have. We don't want these changes to hurt the experience in any way since it's intended to be a buff, and the way the system was build was pretty rigid, so it's taking more time than we'd like to have the solution

da fuck devs actually talk sense

Volimar

I won a mini egg that unlocks a pet from the GW 2 alienware stream, so I started downloading the game to give it a try, but strange enough as soon as the stream ended my enthusiasm evaporated. Haven't even finished the install yet.

White text on dark background hurts my eyes. Almost like when you look at something bright for a while and then you get those "ghosts."

It not only hurts my eyes, I tend to get massive migraines from it. I hate it if sites don't have the option of a light colour scheme.

What are you doing, sitting in a dark room?

My room is either flooded with sunlight or, during evenings, dimly lit, at all times. And I get headaches and hurting eyes even during the day when I have my eyes on bright text on dark background.

I already put the code in when I signed up for an account or I would. I'm gonna play some GW2 just to justify my using the code. I hate when things like that go to waste.

Maybe I'll click with it.

I think casual playing/exploring in GW2 is a lot of fun. The hardcore side of it is still mindboggling to me.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Get that fucking Future Fight garbage out of here

who the fuck even is Lash

Top Bottom