• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
going by tc reports the buffs dont drop much and the timer is nearlly running out before getting another (refrshes the cooldown but someone had it go down to 12 mins reamining before they got another)

the loot explosions was 3 halloween credit items and nothing else. so loot must be bugged too haha

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
3 credit items is like christmas 3 times at once!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
for dec

Slot 1 - Jarnbjorn
Fighting increased from 1 to 2
Health range increased
Damage Rating increased

Slot 1 - Mighty Mjolnir
Added up to 4 points to Lightning Hammer
Added up to 4 points to Crack The Sky
Increased maximum bonus boss damage % from 4% to 6%
(Known bug, is showing physical damage rating bonus twice)

Slot 2 - Rune King Armor
Increased bonus brutal strike rating

Slot 3 - Cape of Sigurd Dragonslayer
Increased ranged proc bonus to now give 2 strength instead of 1
Adjusted ranged proc bonus to physical damage instead of melee damage
Adjusted melee proc to activate off physical damage
Increased melee proc to give 2 energy instead of 1

Slot 5 - Helm of the Skyfather
Added up to 4 points to Ragnarok
Increased bonus critical damage rating
Increased bonus brutal strike rating

decent login screen

YVAVnna.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Neat!

I got halloween shenanigans this weekend (manhattan pub crawl in my banana costume, obviously) and a wedding the weekend after that, and then I am finally done with a long stretch of RL obligation stuff. Gonna hunker down on all them video games.

Dec

I'm not a computer person, but I was shocked at how much better the game runs just from adding 4 gb more RAM.

The games bottleneck is asset streaming, UE3s downfall has always been that (stutter on open world sized maps, texture streaming) so anything that reduces the amount of asset streaming improves the visual stutter the game is plagued with.

SSD, up to 3Gb of RAM the game can take at any time (free, that your other processes aren't eating).

If you had 4Gb and went to 8Gb, you would see a huge performance increase for sure.

Mulgrok

The games bottleneck is asset streaming, UE3s downfall has always been that (stutter on open world sized maps, texture streaming) so anything that reduces the amount of asset streaming improves the visual stutter the game is plagued with.

SSD, up to 3Gb of RAM the game can take at any time (free, that your other processes aren't eating).

If you had 4Gb and went to 8Gb, you would see a huge performance increase for sure.

I also have a new moboard and 16gb of ram waiting for the cpu. A nice boost from my current 4gb :p

I wish I could like that game. I've tried multiple times. I just don't find it fun to play at all.
It's not for everyone. Most people I know prefer Diablo, but I'm glad PoE is what it is.

The biggest issue I had with the game was the pacing. Thankfully the recent Act 4 update really helped that. It keeps things moving well now that they streamlined Act 2. That with the various side events they added in previous updates (Master quests, strongboxes) makes for a better experience. Act 4 itself is great too.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You can do that? Also how did you already get access to it?

From my bank lol

N played foreign version just was enjoyable for me nothing clicked n it wasn't cos it was foreign either

Anoregon

This thread is full of people trying to ice skate uphill.

Indignate

Do any of you get on TC?

I'm assuming so since we make outrageous judgements about things we haven't played cuz we aren't too busy on that Future Fight.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I learned long ago to take the doomsaying of TC players with a bucket of salt because those people are usually the 1% of the 1% and hyperbolic as all hell, and characters tend to be a lot better on release than on TC. Just look at Kitty. She was apparently terrible on TC yet she came out incredibly strong.

Moondrop

Banned
Kitty was terrible on TC initially, but then she was great on TC in the final iteration. If she was released in her original TC state to live, everyone would agree she was terrible.

Volimar

Anyone know when the exclusivity lifts for when we can buy Spider Gwen? I love Ashley Johnson. Guesstimating some time in mid Nov?

The patch is ready for download btw. Servers still down though.

Also, if you intend to try out controller play, you can assign buttons etc. in the options while you wait for servers to come up.

hoyMgfd.png

Volimar

Patch Notes.

Event: Halloween

Halloween Comes to Marvel Heroes 2015!

Don't have a Halloween party to go to? That's no problem, join ours! We're kicking off our Halloween event early, so come join us for some Halloween fun!

We've made sure to decorate for the occasion and the Avengers Tower hub has been covered in Halloween decorations including cobwebs, pumpkins and candy bowls. Some prankster even TP'd the Quinjet!

Our festive events include:

On Halloween day, an extra 31% server-side boost to everything - SIF, RIF and Experience on top of the 63% from Mystic Mayhem for a total of a bonus 94%!
Trick or Treat Power-Ups! - Trick or Treat power-ups now drop frequently! A glowing Jack O'Lantern will appear over their head but instead of being told to defeat a specific boss, collect a stack of 5 to get a special Halloween loot explosion including candy credit drops, Uniques and other highly coveted items.
Pumpkin & Candy Credit Item Drops - Dropping from all enemies in the game! Collect 100 of each to get a special achievement reward!
Halloween Mystery Bag - No Tricks, only Treats here! Guarantees one random hero token or costume and 1-3 Halloween Candies and lots of more random bonus goodies!
Event: Mystic Mayhem

Mystic Mayhem is now live, and will run until Friday, November 6th!

A confrontation is upon us. A showdown with evil!

The Demon Lord N’astirh has opened a rift between Earth and Limbo. He is invading our world, causing mayhem, fear, and ruthless destruction.

N’astirh has a purpose. He seeks to establish a bridge between the two realms such that he may permanently conquer Earth and all her citizens.

He’s summoned allies from some of the most dangerous realms this side of Hel - striking a deal that would divide up Earth into parcels, to be ruled by the worst of the worst.

It’s your duty to stop N’astirh and his minions before their invasion succeeds. Dislodge the advance forces that are invading Earth and shut down N'astirh’s base of operations through a direct assault on Infernal Limbo itself.

FEATURING:

Infernal Limbo - A new game mode only available during Mystic Mayhem that sends players into Limbo to defeat the Demon Lord N’astirh!
Legendary Mystic Scrolls and Double Legendary Mystic Scrolls - Items that can drop anywhere giving you some of the best loot in the game!
Hero Tokens Anywhere - All enemies in the game have a rare chance to drop a Hero token!
Eternity Splinters Galore - Packs of 10 Eternity Splinters have double the regular chance to drop, and have a rare chance to turn into a pack of 63 Eternity Splinters!
Asgard Supports the War Effort - Higher chance for rare runes to drop anywhere in game!
Experience Counts - 63% Experience Boost
Finding Items - 63% RIF/SIF Boost
New Mission: Strike on Limbo - Speak to Magik in the X-Mansion for a mission that grants you 3 power points and +63 permanent health bonus!
Mystic Mayhem Invades - Demons from Limbo have invaded Midtown Manhattan Patrol!
Exclusive Items and Rewards

Sharabus Neotum - An artifact for summoners that comes in 3 different damage type variations
Mayhem Demonblood - A damage dealer artifact that comes in 5 different damage type variations
Bloodstone Demonband - Unique rings for a variety of different builds
Mystic Mayhem Coffers - Boxes with a chance to drop the above items as well as other rewards
Mystery Achievements - A new mystery achievement will be added each time the event goes live, and if players solve it before the end of the event, the 63% XP/RIF/SIF buff will last an extra day, overlapping with the next event!
Achievement Mayhem - Mystic Mayhem has its own set of achievements for you to earn!

New Hero: Blade

Blade joins the hero roster of Marvel Heroes 2015!

Eric Brooks' mother was attacked by a vampire while giving birth, which would change Eric's fate forever. Becoming part man and part vampire, Eric retained many of the powers vampires possessed - including incredible speed, strength, and ability to sense other supernatural creatures - without suffering many of the weaknesses such as vulnerability to sunlight... but did not spare him the curse of bloodthirst. Referred to as the Daywalker by those he hunts, Eric Brooks swore vengeance against all vampires and became Blade - the vampire-slayer.

Blade brings in a unique mechanic - Thirst. As Blade engages in combat, his will to fight off the vampiric side of himself slowly wanes, and his thirst for blood grows stronger. When the thirst reaches maximum, Blade becomes Starving, losing health and becoming weakened as the vampiric thirst takes its toll on his body. Activating The Serum will stave off the bloodthirst, resetting the Thirst meter and restoring Blade's vampiric strength and speed without the need for human blood.

The Serum has three specializations associated with it that allow you to choose how Blade will harness his vampiric powers:

In Control - Blade focuses on keeping full control of his vampiric curse, gaining defensive benefits such as increased mitigation and Health regeneration so long as you are not in the Starving state. Blade's Thirst increases at a slower rate than normal with his enhanced focus.

Only When Necessary - This specialization attempts to strike balance between Blade's humanity and his vampirism. The Serum will reset non-signature cooldowns, restoring Spirit and extending the duration of The Serum's benefits so long as you activate The Serum quickly upon reaching the Starving state.

Never Sated - In this specialization Blade walks the line between man and monster. Thirst builds more quickly when his enemies bleed, removing the weakness imposed upon reaching Starving and increasing Life on Hit. While Starving, Blade will begin to build stacks of Bloodlust that will increase his damage for every stack consumed upon activating The Serum. Use caution to pull yourself back from the brink before losing control.

Equipped with a full arsenal of vampire-slaying implements such as UV Grenades, Toxin-Loaded Gauntlets and his iconic sword, Blade is ready to take down any monsters who would stand in his way... while he fights to not become one himself.
New Team-Up: Franken-Castle

Franken-Castle joins the Team-Up Roster of Marvel Heroes 2015!

After being killed by Daken, Morbius and the Legion of Monsters reconstructed Frank Castle as a gruesome combination of man and machinery, hoping to turn him into a weapon for their cause. Castle had other ideas - not even death can stop The Punisher from continuing his mission to punish the guilty!

Franken-Castle is only available for a limited time this Halloween season!
New Features

Hero Roster Update: The Hero Roster now updates the icon for each hero based on which costume they currently have equipped. If the costume updates the name for that hero (such as Deadpool’s ENHANCED Lady Deadpool costume), then it will also correctly adjust the hero’s position in the roster to retain alphabetical listing. The Hero Roster will now also correctly show which Team-Up is active for each hero in the roster in the upper-right corner of each hero icon.

In-Game Clock: An in-game clock can now be enabled in the Options menu, which will display the Marvel Heroes 2015 server time (UTC -08:00 Pacific Time) aka Gazillion Time just below the mini-map in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Item Changes

Thor: The following hero-specific Uniques have been reviewed and updated with new stats:

Slot 1 - Jarnbjorn
Slot 1 - Mighty Mjolnir
Slot 2 - Rune King Armor
Slot 3 - Cape of Sigurd Dragonslayer
Slot 5 - Helm of the Skyfather

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where Bullseye would not spawn again if your Team-Up defeated him while you were AFK, thus depriving you of mission credit.

The Angel Team-Up’s basic attack should once again be able to deal damage to targets all the time.

The Spitting Spider tooltip now correctly states that selecting this specialization will remove the pull-toward effect from Amazing Smash, not Leaping Assault.

All-New All-Different costume icons should now correctly appear as customization options for hero-specific STASH tabs.

Fixed an issue that caused some hero fidget visuals to be cut off prematurely.

Fixed an issue with the crafter re-rolling PowerCube affixes on artifacts.

Fixed incorrect power visuals for some Thor powers in alternate costumes.

Anoregon

Cool, maybe I'll actually get a chance to hop on this weekend.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised they didnt decorate midtown for halloween like Christmas is

Volimar

Ryolnir said:

There was an issue with fulfillment (things like giving you Blade on login) but it's being worked on now and doesn't require another patch, just server changes. I'll keep you updated as we get closer to that being finished.

Waahhh I wanna play, etc.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
volume 3 limbo achievement

-5 Loki with Loki in story,
-5 Tasky with Tasky in green term,
-3 Mag with Mag in green term,
-3 Juggy with Juggy in green term,

Anoregon

I see theres a costume 50% off sale and I have 600 G left in my account from last time, I wonder if there's anything I feel compelled to snag for 475..

Top Bottom