• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Drayco21

Beast and Electra are both going to be 200 ES heroes released next year, IIRC. Do we have any other, non-AP2, confirmed heroes in the pipeline?

With the way the devs talk about stuff, we know a lot about their pitched ideas and what they're trying to do, but like with Elektra, we don't have super solid confirmation outside of their word for a lot of stuff, and anything could happen.

By my memory:

Agent Venom- Mentioned that they are doing him "guaranteed", not a Venom enhanced.
Archangel- In talks with Marvel about future plans, implying his release will be tied to an event. Was a "safe bet" for 2015, but because of this is now delayed.
Black Bolt and Lockjaw- on the short list, almost made the cut for 2015.
Captain Britain- Coming "eventually"
Crystal- In the works using Doom's tech.
Dazzler- Mentioned as coming in 2016.
Domino- Confirmed as someone they're committed to doing, but "not a good fit" for the pack.
Electro for some stupid reason.
Falcon-They don't want an Uncle Sam costume for Cap because they're planning playable Falcon.
Gamora- "Will be playable" but not in 2015.
Gladiator- High contender for the 2016 advance pack
Havok- Likely part of 2016 advance pack.
Hercules- Almost made this advance pack, still high on the list.
Howard the Duck- Will be playable eventually, team-up in the pipe fist.
Jubilee- Will be playable "Eventually", already having her powers planned out.
Magik- Coming 2016, most likely as a 200 ES release.
MODOK- Almost made the 2015 pack, still on the short list.
Mystique- Almost made this advance pack, still high on the list.
Nick Fury- More or less confirmed coming either 2015 or 2016.
Polaris- Will be "playable eventually"
Red Hulk- Mentioned previously he and Agent Venom are in the same boat, Flash has since gotten much more solid confirmation several times over.
Sentry- Intended playable, but "not any time soon".
Spider-Woman- Likely for next year.
Super Skrull- They confirmed two things; he will be at least 400 splinters due to the workload despite using other characters powers, and he still isn't ruled out as 2015 surprise release.
Thanos- Will be playable, like Doom, but only when the story gets to a certain point, probably not for another few years.

Others:
Agent Coulson- Eventually, likely to have Maria Hill enhanced alt.
Ares- Might be in the game "eventually"
Kaine Parker- "If we do Kaine, it'll be as his own hero" was the most recent response.
Multiple Man- "Has a chance to be playable some day"
Quicksilver- Team-Up likely, doesn't seem feasible with current internet connections, maybe some day.
Namor- They now have the ability to use him, but this only changed /very/ recently, so no current plans.
Nextwave- Not any time soon, but eventually possible.
Runaways- Possible in the longterm for playable heroes.
Songbird- Same as Multiple Man.
Young Avengers- Possible in the longterm for playable heroes.
Warpath- Planned playable, but not on "the short list"

KePoW

Banned
holy cow you remember all that by memory?? are you some really intelligent person haha

I can barely remember stuff I said two weeks ago

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really really wish they would say how long the sale lasts, and not just throw out a vague "limited time"

Playable Thanos. Why? Characters who have to be massively gimped in order to fit into the power structure of this game make zero sense to me. Why not playable Galactus while they are at it?

Renders for the Halloween costumes

Cancerverse Hulk -

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-24.10.x1.png

Earth X Moon Knight -

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-24.10.x2.png

KePoW

Banned
Playable Thanos. Why? Characters who have to be massively gimped in order to fit into the power structure of this game make zero sense to me. Why not playable Galactus while they are at it?

I think there's been some times when Thanos has been rendered to pretty normal power levels

Indignate

Why can't people hold on to the cosmic cube like thing is super power I would glue that shit to my hands not hold it with two fingers.

Drayco21

A interesting idea for a game mode, similar to a system from PoE was brought up on the official forum:
http://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...random-endgame-portal-system-incl-pictures/p1

Doomsaw posted in the thread stating:
"Yep, this is already in process. We are a fan of it.

A version of it is coming with Danger Room and we will likely add a version of it to terminals as well.

Ty sir!"

The idea of stepping into alternate realities from these portals like in that OP would be a really fascinating way to take advantage of Marvel's Multiverse, especially with all the Multiverse-level nonsense happening in the build up to Secret Wars right now.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
daaam i know most of you guys dont like the offcial forum i see why, normally its alright. but that forum is so negative right now bout this halloween event, gonna be hell by next week over there.

im actually enjoying the event so far

they moaned at first because no server buff. now doomsaw said its 31% they are moaning its too low.

cosmic cupcake said shes increasing drop chance of the halloween buff

This is what happens when you spoil your community with good events week after week, then try something new that misses the bar of previous events.

And to be fair, this is event is supposed to last two weeks. In its current state, it is rather lackluster.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
lol atleast they are acknowledging its low

Yep, we're going to tune it until we're happy. Hopefully you're online when we're ping ponging it way too high!

Xevren

I only got to play for a little bit but I got 2 buffs and man, those loot explosions are pretty damn awesome! Will hopefully get Nova level'd all the way up and get some uniques on him at least.

KePoW

Banned
Considering his track record against feline-themed human heroes, this might end much more poorly than expected.

Which reminds me, Thanos-Copter better be a movement power for him when he comes out.

Wow... those old-school comix are seriously so bad. does anyone think they're good anymore haha

GManDH

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
juggernaut ultimate vfx

nURqFYr.jpg

doomsaw said juggernaut will be live before halloween.

said: Would it be possible to get him live on Halloween, I know its a long shot but still. Especially seeing how fast and well you guys are doing him. Doomsaw

He will be live before Halloween.

and his power tree

z2abHgF.png

also momentum only

JsuMUZo.jpg

he has a skill called the peoples elbow

TREAT is new promo code

Drayco21

The Juggernaut Ult looks rad. Hopefully him being available in a couple weeks doesn't mean he's rushed and comes out poorly; I don't care for him, but it suck for fans of the character if they put him out half-baked to get through their hero quota or something.

People's Elbow is a GOAT power name. Wouldn't have expected them to give a whole tree based around Cyttorak's powers, I never really though of it as being very hands-on with Juggernaut, at least, not the way it could get with Colossus the brief time he possessed the Crimson Bands.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the halloween buff is affected by special item find

juggernaut is up on tc just waiitng on server going up ryolnir said its going up very soon

moon knight costume avaliable tuesday posted by ryolnir

ihQglId.jpg

Carm

So, my 460 gtx blew up back in early June while playing MH. Sent it off for replacement, got a refurb back, same card. I just installed it, I don't overclock beyond what it started out at. Very little dust accumulation since installing. So, I was playing early this morning, before patch, trying to get enough worldstones to grab two items before the vendor went away. Thankfully I did, but, while continuing to play, I had the game minimize and got a video driver not responding message then a little pixilization then bam, blue screen of death for the frist time on Win7.

So, hoping for the best, I install different drivers instead those were just unstable but nope same dealy. Had to install my old card and it wouldn't even get past a blue screen until I downloaded a program to remove all remnants of video/physx drivers because Windows wouldn't let me uninstall them.

This is what it looked like =x Doing tests over the weekend to make sure it's not system memory causing this, but the 8800 is working fine atm. So this card lasted 4 months. I dunno if I should send it in again, or just pay a 150 bucks and grab a 750ti for now. I was trying to hold out for 970 8gb if they would ever announce them.

Even had explorer crash on me once while trying to uninstall those drivers, first time I've ever seen that too.

This pixilization actually started off really small in the old trainyard stage, on the outer edges of the map, darker areas, then it went like above.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
you have to pay for multi spec tabs

nerf incoming on this toggle for juggs i expect

Zmz7Xhs.jpg

ocIO2Cz.jpg

5ClwwQR.jpg

There are some useful summary threads and build threads on the official forums... but the amount of crazy whining on there can be pretty off putting.

Oh sweet, Juggs everywhere on TC. :D

Alas, has anyone ever captured / streamed footage from the TC? I frequently run a twitch stream for a few friends that watch. I have no issue with the game itself, but for some reason the TC crashes the instant I set OBS to stream. If I start the game with OBS streaming already, I get a black screen crash immediately on load.

Halloween bags are awesome. Bought the 10 pack for Brood Wolvey and was blown away with how many costumes and ultimate tokens you end up with. Fortune cards, boosts etc, it's pretty damn good value!

Loooving these Halloween buffs, I get so excited when I see one floating around.. SNAP, Juggernaut! And off you go haha, they're pretty cool. Got 4 uniques off Sinister earlier!

So they're affected by SIF eh? Time to pop some potions.

Dec

I don't think I like that new Moon Knight costume, will probably wait for the next one.

Hardware cursor is back on the test client but is apparently unchanged from the past tests so... probably not coming again.

I'm still toying around with him, but Juggs is super fun and way faster than I thought he would be.

As shown above, he has momentum instead of normal spirit. You build it up by running around or doing movement skills (EX: His boss charge dash attack that restores it by 50%, Running lariat, Jumping stomp that spends 137 momentum when over 150 or regains 150 when under it). Most of his attacks will work with 0 momentum and deal extra damage / effects when using momentum.

KePoW

Banned
The Juggernaut Ult looks rad. Hopefully him being available in a couple weeks doesn't mean he's rushed and comes out poorly; I don't care for him, but it suck for fans of the character if they put him out half-baked to get through their hero quota or something.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what's going to happen.

Someone said they plan on 4 more characters by Dec 31st? that doesn't sound like a good idea to me

Top Bottom