• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Drayco21

mgs3_salute_by_christopherjredfield-d5241q1.gif

This is what happens when you support Muties.

And Bethesda games, I guess?

Human rights are for humans.

Moondrop

Banned
Is this literally the only game left that respects the X-men? I guess it's better that they fade away rather than see them all retconned into transsexual illegal immigrants.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is this literally the only game left that respects the X-men? I guess it's better that they fade away rather than see them all retconned into transsexual illegal immigrants.

lol what a shitpost

Uhhh.

Marvel is putting the foot down on any game developers currently so they can't use FOX-licensed properties (i.e. X-Men and Fantastic Four). Has nothing to do with "respect", Gazillion just has a contract that was made before that blackout on Marvel's side, so they can use mutant characters.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Assuming the number of released chars doesn't change, I wonder what kind of C-list goons we would have in the game right now if you had to get rid of every mutant/FF-related character. They are about half of the current roster.

Thank god Gaz doesn't have to deal with that shit, because Marvel Heroes without the possibility of Doom is not a game that should even exist.

Drayco21

Assuming the number of released chars doesn't change, I wonder what kind of C-list goons we would have in the game right now if you had to get rid of every mutant/FF-related character. They are about half of the current roster.

It'd be a way more interesting roster, at least. Fuckin' gene trash like Gambit, Emma Frost and Colossus wasting my slots.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It'd be a way more interesting roster, at least. Fuckin' gene trash like Gambit, Emma Frost and Colossus wasting my slots.

To be honest there aren't that many X-related chars I am super interested in. And Although the FF4 themselves are garbo-tier, Doom and Surfer (and eventually Super Skrull) are cool dudes that I would want to keep around.

Drayco21

To be honest there aren't that many X-related chars I am super interested in. And Although the FF4 themselves are garbo-tier, Doom and Surfer (and eventually Super Skrull) are cool dudes that I would want to keep around.

For sure; I actually like the FF themselves, but it's the rest of the stuff tied to them that are the real treasures. A world without glorious Doom is a world not worth reading.

If you mean worst roster than I agree, X-Men are easily the best thing about the Marvel universe.

giphy.gif

If you say so, Scott.

Irobot82

I started working on Punisher to 60. He's a ton of fun. I think I only have Iron Man and Hulk at 60. What's the benefit of prestige'ing your characters?

I started working on Punisher to 60. He's a ton of fun. I think I only have Iron Man and Hulk at 60. What's the benefit of prestige'ing your characters?

There's some achievements tied to it, the prestiged character gets a coloured name, and you get access to the coloured Iron Buddy pets (corresponding to the prestige level) and a random costume for every time you prestige (or was it every first time you prestige a hero? I forgot).
There's no hard "benefits" from it, though, just some goodies.

If you have Cyclops, by the way, I recommend getting him to 50 asap, as he has a bonus XP synergy point at level 50 (and you might as well have him at 60 if you get him up to 50 lol).

Dec

You can make all your heroes eyes glow purple if you cosmic prestige 10 people to 60.

gQKRA6p.png

Obv worth the 250-500 hours required.

Irobot82

Ok, so I'm not really missing out on anything other than wanting to replay from scratch a character I love to play.

I don't think I have Cyclops yet. I have a ton of characters though.

Dec

When did that become a thing?

Whoops I forgot the title "The Power Cosmic" is the reward for that.

The eyes are from the X-traordinary Feat achievement for getting 10 titles.

Was added with achievements and just adds a recipe to your crafter to put it on any costume you want.

Dec

I was thinking about making a group to farm surtur for the Demonslayer title (kill Surtur 50 times) once in a while.

There are about 8 that aren't that bad to get:

Demonslayer
Defender (wave 50 xdef)
Holo-Sim Grandmaster (50 holosim)
Liberator of Genosha (max rank for reputation)
Master of Muspelheim (red raid)
Crimefighter (kill all bosses in every mode they appear. Story, xdef, holo, midtown, terms etc.)
The Collector
Armor (both bottom ones come with just play time. Looting every boss item etc.)

After that you've got to choose between a few:

Kills the Marvel Universe (kill every hero once in PVP)
Hulkbuster (kill Hulk in holo-sim 100 times. Must be level 60 holo-sim)
Maximum Onslaught (kill Onslaught in AXIS 50 times)
Event titles for Mystic Mayhem and Armor, gated by appearances of the event (like 5 months of doing the event every time).

There are a few more beyond that but they are huge timesinks and not things you would go for if you just wanted to get the 10 titles achievement as fast as possible.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Magik

Missed your chance to say "go out on a limbo".

I was thinking about making a group to farm surtur for the Demonslayer title (kill Surtur 50 times) once in a while.

There are about 8 that aren't that bad to get:

Demonslayer
Defender (wave 50 xdef)
Holo-Sim Grandmaster (50 holosim)
Liberator of Genosha (max rank for reputation)
Master of Muspelheim (red raid)
Crimefighter (kill all bosses in every mode they appear. Story, xdef, holo, midtown, terms etc.)
The Collector
Armor (both bottom ones come with just play time. Looting every boss item etc.)

After that you've got to choose between a few:

Kills the Marvel Universe (kill every hero once in PVP)
Hulkbuster (kill Hulk in holo-sim 100 times. Must be level 60 holo-sim)
Maximum Onslaught (kill Onslaught in AXIS 50 times)
Event titles for Mystic Mayhem and Armor, gated by appearances of the event (like 5 months of doing the event every time).

There are a few more beyond that but they are huge timesinks and not things you would go for if you just wanted to get the 10 titles achievement as fast as possible.

Sign me up. Also for some Axis raiding if that happens too.

Anoregon

When I get back into the game I should just push for my first (and probably only) cosmic prestige, just to do it. I spend the vast majority of my time in this game leveling characters anyway. Not entirely sure who I would do it with, but Doom seems like a pretty safe bet.

Kills the Marvel Universe is fairly easy, just gotta have someone who has all the heroes at 60 and have him just let you kill them all. Obviously this is gonna take longer the more heroes are out, but there's dedicated groups for that on the forums, so once I get my roster to 60, I will probably try to get that title and it likely will be my first.

Dec

Kills the Marvel Universe is fairly easy, just gotta have someone who has all the heroes at 60 and have him just let you kill them all. Obviously this is gonna take longer the more heroes are out, but there's dedicated groups for that on the forums, so once I get my roster to 60, I will probably try to get that title and it likely will be my first.

Yea I never considering getting around doing actual pvp to get it, seems pretty easy. I would be down to do that whenever.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
magik preview

MAGIK PREVIEW
Ask and ye shall receive! Magik, our first-ever winner of a community vote for playable hero, is coming at the end of this month, and the last bits of visual polish and mechanics are being developed as we speak. Since we still have a bit of time before she'll appear on Test Center, we wanted to do a small preview of some of the things you can expect from Magik's power kit, but any and all of this is subject to change based on internal iteration and approvals.

To help prepare itemization for Magik - she will deal full Mental damage, and have supporting summons for builds that choose to use them.

MUTANT SWORDSWOMAN
Magik’s first power tree focuses on the Soulsword’s power, and Magik’s skill in wielding it. We’ve overhauled all of her animations and visuals from her Team-Up’s default attacks, creating some flashy new strikes and slashes.

In addition to her melee Soulsword abilities, the first tree houses several powers highlighting Magik’s mutant ability to create teleportation discs. With these, she can teleport herself, fly, or teleport her enemies towards her for easy slicing and dicing.

fN4V2nk.png

LIMBO MINIONS
Having rule over Limbo, Magik has the ability to call upon its denizens to do her bidding. The Team-Up version of Magik has displayed this ability by calling on the minor creatures, and this will be represented in the playable version as well. Magik will be able to call upon many of these creatures to form a battalion around her, though they will need to be often replaced when they perish.

aopJj4B.png

However, in her playable incarnation, Magik can go above and beyond the minor creatures, calling even more powerful demons and creatures. Magik can opt into summoning either of these larger, more durable, and more damaging Major creatures, instead of a larger number of the Minor Limbo creatures.

Each minion summon power can be activated again, which instructs all of those minions to perform a unique attack, transforming the summon powers into cooldown layers. Magik also has some additional summoning tricks up her sleeve involving those that she slays with the Soulsword, but we’ll let you discover those when Test Center hits...

DARK MAGIC
As a sorceress, Magik’s arsenal also includes an array of magical enchantments and spells. Her third power tree will include high-utility debuffs and area clearing skills, focused on enhancing and supplementing her melee combat. For example, Magik can create a portal and summon up a large Bone Wall directly from Limbo, using it as cover against ranged attackers. Other powers include a debuff that causes Magik to restore health when she strikes those afflicted, an offensive attack that causes defeated enemies to explode, a large conical projectile area attack, and much more.

MECHANICS
Magik’s secondary resource, “Command”, is a dynamic system that can be spent in three ways to allow players to customize their playstyle. Command is not a traditional resource that is spent and accrued regularly in combat. Instead, most players will find they set up their Command “loadout” once, then play for a duration before changing it.

Command is consumed for each Limbo minion Magik controls. Smaller minions cost less Command, while the bosses cost more Command. The Command remains consumed so long as those minions are alive.

After summoning minions, Magik can consume them, giving her a permanent buff effect for each minion. This retains the consumed Command, effectively turning it into a passive boost for Magik herself.

A pair of toggled powers exist which will consume Command to directly increase the offensive potential of certain powers, granting them massive damage bonuses and cooldowns, creating new layers in her kit.

Using Command, any number of build options can exist. One player may go full Limbo minions, while another sacrifices them all for self-buffs. Another player may opt for a hybrid, using one of the extra cooldowns, and spend the rest of the Command to keep one of the Major Demons around. There are many combinations for different playstyles.

THEME
Illyana presented a unique opportunity to bring in a design I’ve been wanting to incorporate into Marvel Heroes for some time. Her powers and abilities include enchanted melee attacks, magical ranged/area attacks, and control over a host of minions. These skills were the perfect mold for a tribute and homage to a fan favorite classic aRPG class, while still creating our own interpretation of it that is balanced and supported within our game. I’ll leave it to the community and genre veterans to figure out just which class we took inspiration from once she hits Test Center...

Thanks for voting in the first community poll and bringing Magik to this year’s roster, and please join us when Magik hits Test Center later this month.

Top Bottom