• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

After they reset the progress due to their quest repeating fuckups like two or three times, I don't even know. I think except for this week's, I did all of them so far, including the ones that got reset.

EdmondD

When I did this week's Armor event I got the Howard the Duck achievement. It gave me a chest that said prohibited from opening until the December Armor event. The mission glitched like two or three times for me so I think I got the achievement earlier than I should have even with the resets.

Dec

When I did this week's Armor event I got the Howard the Duck achievement. It gave me a chest that said prohibited from opening until the December Armor event. The mission glitched like two or three times for me so I think I got the achievement earlier than I should have even with the resets.

Yea this is the way they are getting around it. Everyone should have 3/4 but...

1st week there was a bug to do it twice = fixed, everyone reverted to 0 completions with the amount required reduced from 5 to 4 to simulate 1 completion for all.

2nd week, same bug to do it twice = never fixed, those people got ahead.

After that the bug to do the quest twice was fixed. Their fix for people doing it the second time is to just make the box not open-able until the intended date for people to complete it.

So some people have the completion box but can't open it until the next armor event, when everyone else who didn't do the bug will get it.

Also the Howard team up isn't completed or in game yet so that work should be done in the next month and a half.

Volimar

I have just completed this week's defender event and I have 3/4 done. Went ahead and grabbed the buy all the uniques/artifacts from jocasta achievements too.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just played some CMM on Thor and idk if it's the updated uniques or what but I felt like I was in regular MM. the power creep is real.

Dec

Just played some CMM on Thor and idk if it's the updated uniques or what but I felt like I was in regular MM. the power creep is real.

He got insanely buffed. Without going health specifically anywhere he has 30k hp, 46% projectile deflect and over 1k health regen per second not including any life on hit.

All that and more damage.

He already did well in CMM but now it may as well be a cosmic terminal for him.

Just face tank everything.

Gray like the names are in gray or? I"ll have to check I started in the first area since he was level 1 so I assumed he wasn't too high level but who knows.

If you look at the health bar of the enemies at the top, in one of the corners there's a little coloured stripe. Grey is way below your level, green is around your level but lower, yellow is pretty much your level, and red is way too high.

Read up on summoner Magik and she actually sounds great. I'm hoping for D2 necromancer vibes.

Regarding Thor, Gaz just doesn't understand balance. He was super powerful when I played him two months ago...and people on the forums whined and Gaz kept buffing him. Of course he's ridiculous now.

Spider-Man feels a bunch stronger now, but at least he can still die in cosmic patrols if you're careless.

How is Blade? Melee mainly...I think I'll try him tonight.

Read up on summoner Magik and she actually sounds great. I'm hoping for D2 necromancer vibes.

Regarding Thor, Gaz just doesn't understand balance. He was super powerful when I played him two months ago...and people on the forums whined and Gaz kept buffing him. Of course he's ridiculous now.

It seems to be a pitfall to this character based game. If the character you like playing isn't in the top 5 DPS/TTK pool, then it's "trash and needs a rework."

I'm from the bunch of guys who thought Thor was fine, maybe needed help in the ranged spec. Should have used the time on his mini QOL for another character, but I can't say for sure what's easy to fix or not.

Mulgrok

One of the stupid plastic anchors for the stock cooler on my i5 broke. Ordered a 3rd party cooler to replace it. Hope I didn't damage my moboard trying to remove the thing.

It seems to be a pitfall to this character based game. If the character you like playing isn't in the top 5 DPS/TTK pool, then it's "trash and needs a rework."

I'm from the bunch of guys who thought Thor was fine, maybe needed help in the ranged spec. Should have used the time on his mini QOL for another character, but I can't say for sure what's easy to fix or not.

It's like what happened to the Punisher. He went from terrible to good to WTFISTHISDPS amazing. Then they nerfed him down to just being good and all the Punisher players went bananas. He was my main for a long time and still my highest prestige, and it was infuriating listening to people complain.

I posted a few months ago on the main forums using actual math to show that Thor was awesome. I was polite and staying as factual as possible. I managed to get the whole subforum raging. I guess congrats since they won in the end, but he'll be nerfed into oblivion in a couple of months, or power creep will just continue to displace top characters.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It's like what happened to the Punisher. He went from terrible to good to WTFISTHISDPS amazing. Then they nerfed him down to just being good and all the Punisher players went bananas. He was my main for a long time and still my highest prestige, and it was infuriating listening to people complain.

I posted a few months ago on the main forums using actual math to show that Thor was awesome. I was polite and staying as factual as possible. I managed to get the whole subforum raging. I guess congrats since they won in the end, but he'll be nerfed into oblivion in a couple of months, or power creep will just continue to displace top characters.

Fans are stupid but if Gaz is seriously adjusting character balance based on who screams the loudest they're beyond stupid. Even I gotta believe they're better than that... right?

Fans are stupid but if Gaz is seriously adjusting character balance based on who screams the loudest they're beyond stupid. Even I gotta believe they're better than that... right?

I don't know. I honestly think they're looking closely at the sustained dps thread and spreadsheet. It honestly feels like they've outsourced character testing to the forum, and I'm not just talking about the test center.

Frequent complaining appears to pay off. At least that's the optics. Players will say stuff like, "Our review is coming up...this is our one chance to complain and get buffs." Seems to work.

There's also a factor of a character's popularity. They can afford to let less popular folks stay bad forever, but I'm sure they look at player numbers in some of their decisions.

OR...they're just tossing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. Their patches support that argument.

Dec

They have internal metrics that measure how well a hero is doing more accurately than us hitting dummies.

Lets not pretend we know fucking anything.

Dec

Squirrel Girl needs buffs.

Yea these are the heroes in need last we knew but all of these were pushed back like 2-3 months.

The metrics of the following heroes are being watched closely because they may be under the target tuning range and will very likely buffed before Red Raids and Cosmic Ultron are launched.

Note that powers changes, visuals and such are outside of the scope of the Tuning Corner, so this refers to tuning changes only. As you can see from Gambit changes, many smaller quality-of-life changes can sometimes also be included.

Gambit (many targeted buffs this week)
Black Panther (work in progress for next week)
Winter Soldier (work in progress for next week)
Squirrel Girl (announced for September)
Daredevil
Star-Lord
Taskmaster
Nightcrawler
Luke Cage
Invisible Woman
Magneto

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
still amazed at how vision has crept past the nerf bat this long.

still amazed at how vision has crept past the nerf bat this long.

He phased out of Gaz's sight.

7q6jQqJ.gif

Story mode is fucking boss for leveling. Been taking four of my level 30 backlog from there to 55 or 56 without beating Doom (since I did Doom on all characters prior to Ant-Man; they'd probably get to 58 if I had that quest available).
Sadly I have to manually level Ghost Rider and Luke Cage in ICP (or Midtown today cause it's Midtown Madness, right?) because they already have most of the story mode stuff done. Will have to do Cage up to Chapter 9 and Ghost Rider up to Chapter 8 level range. Also will have to get a few levels for Ms. ... sorry, Captain Marvel, because for some reason I completed Chapter 4 with her lol.

But I think I can wrap up leveling most if not all of the roster to 60 this week, which is gonna be cool.

Dec

Story mode is fucking boss for leveling. Been taking four of my level 30 backlog from there to 55 or 56 without beating Doom (since I did Doom on all characters prior to Ant-Man; they'd probably get to 58 if I had that quest available).
Sadly I have to manually level Ghost Rider and Luke Cage in ICP (or Midtown today cause it's Midtown Madness, right?) because they already have most of the story mode stuff done. Will have to do Cage up to Chapter 9 and Ghost Rider up to Chapter 8 level range. Also will have to get a few levels for Ms. ... sorry, Captain Marvel, because for some reason I completed Chapter 4 with her lol.

But I think I can wrap up leveling most if not all of the roster to 60 this week, which is gonna be cool.

You can go from 56 to 60 by going to the ancient ruins, speaking to hiemdall, killing kurse, going to lower asgard, killing malekith two times, then Loki.

If you didn't, anyways. Not sure if you mean you stopped at Doom or did all of the story leveling except for Doom.

I did all the story, sans the first few chapters cause they're grey and Doom since his quest is done on all characters prior to Ant-Man. I get to around 50 at the start of the Kurse story mission when talking to Heimdall, and end at 55+ after Loki.

Also, you don't even have to kill the event boss Malekith. The only time you need to beat him is if he actually is live at the time, otherwise the portal to the instance where you fight solo Malekith is always open.

They have internal metrics that measure how well a hero is doing more accurately than us hitting dummies.

Lets not pretend we know fucking anything.

Puh-lease. All evidence points to the contrary. Do I need to revisit every ridiculous overbuffing or undertuning since this game released?

Gaz LITERALLY solicits feedback from players on their official forums and makes the exact modifications that people request. It's hilarious.

Dec

Puh-lease. All evidence points to the contrary. Do I need to revisit every ridiculous overbuffing or undertuning since this game released?

Gaz LITERALLY solicits feedback from players on their official forums and makes the exact modifications that people request. It's hilarious.

Oh nooooooooo!

This one hero is stronger than a lot of the others in this PVE game! Think of all the official forum goer scum that are getting what they want!

They have LITERALLY made references to their internal metrics that they put into place after the string of OP heroes a few months back. Unless they're lying :O.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Oh nooooooooo!

This one hero is stronger than a lot of the others in this PVE game! Think of all the official forum goer scum that are getting what they want!

They have LITERALLY made references to their internal metrics that they put into place after the string of OP heroes a few months back. Unless they're lying :O.

To back up dec here recently they have changed many metrics on tracking things.

The general base they do now starting after doom release is. Release a hero numbers maybe not so high as others and in the coming weeks they dial what needs to be changed up or down. See the blade changes this week for instances.

Thus was done because of how many had geared certain heroes full bis then got hit hard (scarlet venom etc and not necessarily damage numbers but healing or other things).

Yes player feedback does come into play for tc. Yes they do study ttk numbers (just for a general base line on min n top etc) but recently its clear they use other metrics too

Indignate

Why are we even mad that a hero got stronger in a PVE game? Like is it cuz they could have spent that time on other heroes? Sure, but let's not pretend that this game isn't F2P (costumes) with a huge emphasis on character popularity (Thor). As someone who mains three characters who are all like bottom 8 in terms of DPS, I can't blame them for making sure certain heroes are always in a good place.

And to touch on the whole "forum goers get what they want thing." Those people are way more on their shit when it comes to Thor or whatever character is their main than I am. It turns out that a game's player base is usually way better than any internal QA in finding out what's strong, what isn't, and what's broken simply due to the sheer numbers. Sure, most people don't actually know what the fuck they're talking about, but they're mostly just regurgitating what they see the actual people who have done their research say. I know my Squirrel Girl, I could be over there everyday making references to how she could be reworked but I'm not. Would it make a difference? Probably not, as they prioritize their "heroes need buffs" table in more ways then one, but I'm certainly not helping the situation by keeping quiet.

I only have Ghost Rider and Luke Cage left to get to 55+ (who sadly have all of the story quests before Ch9 done already), and then mop up the remaining few levels in ICP. Then I'll be done with the entire hero backlog and can venture into doing shitty grind achievements. Yeahhhhhh buddy.

When is Spider-Gwen?

I already have her team-up and costume. :3

Angela in Feb. after Black Cat. From PCgames N

Spidey-associated antiheroine Black Cat is the first new character in their calendar, but the second is Neil Gaiman’s angelic bounty hunter, Angela - implemented in accordance with a public vote.

Top Bottom