• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

WNWGBs9.jpg

Is there any better use for the floating skulls? Hehe..

Once you get 200-300% you can reliably get one every 8-10 minutes.

Do you find they all pop up at the same time though? Like, I'll run a few Terminals/MM whatever with nothing, and then suddenly I've got 3 or 4 of the buffs.

Seems to happen like that more often than not.

Yeah, this Trick or Treat mode is insane. I fully equipped three different heroes in top of the line level 66 items in the span of two hours. I could have done more, but sleep beckons.

This mode is like Midtown Madness on crack. I'm pulling 3+ uniques from every cosmic boss. I think I'll finish leveling a few more of my 50s just to gear them out.

Lord Phol

I ended up getting Superior Spiderman and Ultimate Thor this sale, pretty happy with them. Should make both heroes more enjoyable. Lady Mandarin is neat but I kind of like her X-Force costume as well so I'll stick with that for now. Was going to get House of M Nightcrawler but I don't use him much nowdays.

Almost geared out Nova and have been experimenting with alot of builds. Ranged is really boring and lacking, Pulsars are a must and Cosmic Combo as well. Not a big fan of Cosmic Combo becuase of it's mediocre and reptitive animation, the sound gets annoying fast as well.

Going to work on Ghost Rider, Psylocke and Cyclops. Cyclops is crazy fun and I love his Focused Beam, hope Nova can get something similar in the near future.

I spent about $15 on costumes. I got...

1. Jeans 80's outfit with the short hair and the shoulder pads. Her ass looks great in this.
2. Lokis classic first alt outfit with the helmet and armor. I later heard in the game chat that he sucks. lol. At least he'll look good.
3. Cyclops new outfit with the long hair. It looks very unique and I also love the metallic futuristic looking bits on it.
4.Starlords red trenchcoat alt. Man, this outfit looks so good. I havent even bought Starlord yet (I have over 1550 Splinters ready to go though), but I know he will be the kind of character I enjoy.

I was very tempted to buy Frankencastle as it looks really good, is really cheap and will likely only be available for a limited time. I already have 4 Punisher costumes though.
Also considering getting Rogues xmen outift. Her green and white default is arguably the ugliest costume design in the game and the xmen one does look really good.
Also I saw this...

Taskmaster must think he is some kind of dragon slayer (hiya dragon?). I love seeing small details on outfits that are rarely seen.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got Alejandra for GR, Fear Itself for Thing, Movie Rocket, Hulkbuster for IM and Lady Mandarin for Betsy

is Juggs confirmed for this week? Im so excited for him

Dec

got Alejandra for GR, Fear Itself for Thing, Movie Rocket, Hulkbuster for IM and Lady Mandarin for Betsy

is Juggs confirmed for this week? Im so excited for him

Mmhmm. Doomsaw said before Halloween. One more TC patch then release Thursday maybe Friday.

-

Hardware cursor is looking pretty good to come this patch I think. There was a problem with Vista that was fixed and will be in the upcoming TC patch, then as long as the unsubstantiated claims hardware cursor is causing crashes turns out to be something else, it should come out. I asked one of the engine devs to leave hardware cursor in the ini file if it can't get out with the Jugg patch but we'll see what happens. The line is in an ini now but doesn't nothing.

Vecks

Cyclops is crazy fun and I love his Focused Beam, hope Nova can get something similar in the near future.

I like focused beam too, but I hope they fix the animation (or the lack of it). It bugs me every time a target goes across the screen and his beam just continues to shoot straight through his head.

DrBo42

I like focused beam too, but I hope they fix the animation (or the lack of it). It bugs me every time a target goes across the screen and his beam just continues to shoot straight through his head.

Did the attack speed patch for Focused Beam happen?

Dec

Probably have a TC patch coming tonight. Blank dev posts on the forum dev tracker are from a dev posting in an invisible thread.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need this settled, MHGaf... What is the most recent news on the release of Magneto, X-23, and Venom?

there is none. Last we heard about Mags was that he was after Nova, and they swiched it with Juggernaut. X-23 is "this year"

Venom last we heard was 50% chance of this year, but I think they are releasing Juggernaut faster than usual to leave room for Mags in November and Venom in december, even if they are unfinished. I dont think they want the backlash of "BUT THOSE ARE FROM THE 2014 PACK AND NOW ITS 2015!", even if they said from the start that releases could slip

hell, they are selling the villain pack and advertizing as 2014 aswell.

LuuKyK

It will probably be Magneto in November, Venom in December and X-23 as a Christmas gift (that you will have to pay, of course :p).

Better start saving my Splinters as I'm not covered for Juggs, Mags or Venom.

Next year though, cruisey with the Advance Pack 2.. Will be saving ES like they're nothing next year lol

Rhaknar

Better start saving my Splinters as I'm not covered for Juggs, Mags or Venom.

Next year though, cruisey with the Advance Pack 2.. Will be saving ES like they're nothing next year lol

replace splinters with marks of odin for me :(

replace splinters with marks of odin for me :(

I don't really use Odin's much. Pretty much only have a Legendary on my favourite characters and only have Blessings on Deadpool and Iron Man.

Of course if I had more of them I'd probably use them more too though haha..

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Something is coming because the dev tracker on forum last night had missing posts, that means devs were posting in there section but tracker still tracks, normally when that happens it's a suprise update

Lord Phol

Is it a TC or Live update today? For the surprise heroes, do they release them on TC first?

Neither Loki or Taskmaster was on TC before their release so she could show up at any time really. That is if she's a secret release like those two.

Dec

New MK costume looks pretty lame. I don't like it at all and the cape is smaller but using the same rigging, making it hover like the other ones but not being visually designed with the hover in mind.

Meh.

Lord Phol

Yeah the rigging ruins it. The cape does look a little better IMO but it's still too wide and weird for my taste. Revenger Hulk on the other hand looks glorious!

Dec

For those that don't like MKs cape, they're better off waiting for the Mr. Knight costume, which has no cape.

I actually do like MKs cape, and the black more than the white so I stick with secret avengers, but I would for sure have to buy Mr. Knight when it comes.

Does anyone else play with the high quality materials turned off? They look terrible, everything is shiny and MKs black costume in particular looks like oil slicked asshole.

Dec

here's an example of high quality materials on and off. I like off a lot more, it's much worse with the shinyness at certain angles with it on than in the pic.

iY9eobZEjgEVG.jpg

Dec

So the consensus is that X23 is out today but what about Juggernaut? I want him way more

Thursday or Friday. New TC patch today with changes, some from feedback, then release in a couple days.

I assume left is On? I like the left much much more. The right looks way too flat

I can see your point but the left one looks even worse when the flat of the cape is towards a light source, looks like the entire suit is lined in oil. It's UE3 syndrome I think, every single enemy in the game is extremely shiny with that option on and I think everything is improved, with the exception of environments when the option is off. The artstyle is a lot more comic-like. Things like moloids look like utter shit with that option on, I turn it on sometimes and quickly realize why I play with it off all the time.

With that Moon Knight costume specifically, I like it better off because the suit doesn't look like cheap latex, it looks like the cape is made of cloth and since the costume is 90% cape, I like the flat, cloth look a lot more.

Lord Phol

Wow, queue. They released a small database patch that broke the entire system. Sounds like Gaz all right.

From the dev-tracker:

Hey all,

As I discussed a month or so ago, this morning has some really important database changes that will make the longterm health + performance of the game much better (although you may not see immediate results). As a knock on effect of that change, you will see slow loading on login today and you might even see a queue!

The queue is short-lived and is just there to temper logins in the early morning so we can be sure the database is happy and healthy. We'll keep letting more and more people in as things look good and then it will go away.

Source: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/144682/logging-in-this-morning

This has been known for awhile, it's only temporary (hopefully).

yeah it sounded too soon, i'm pretty sure I remember a dev in the past saying X-23 would be late November

Yeah she was like 50% done when the Advance Pack 2 hit the store, with the most important things (animations, powers etc) still being in the works. So November or December is my guess.

"We are experiencing high player volume..."

Right. How does a game with 2,776 people currently playing it on Steam need a queue? That is NOT high player volume.

If anyone's wondering about the queues:
Ryolnir said:
Hey all,

As I discussed a month or so ago, this morning has some really important database changes that will make the longterm health + performance of the game much better (although you may not see immediate results). As a knock on effect of that change, you will see slow loading on login today and you might even see a queue!

The queue is short-lived and is just there to temper logins in the early morning so we can be sure the database is happy and healthy. We'll keep letting more and more people in as things look good and then it will go away.
Source

inky

You guys think this game will last till then?:

Ant-Man - July 17 2015
Captain America: Civil War - May 6 2016
Doctor Strange - November 4 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5 2017
Thor: Ragnarok - July 28 2017
Black Panther - November 3 2017
Avengers: Infinity War: Part I - May 4 2018
Captain Marvel - July 6 2018
Inhumans - November 2 2018
Avengers: Infinity War: Part II - May 3 2019

Rhaknar

dat motherfucking Carol Denvers movie. Death, do NOT fuck with me, dont take me before I see that pls >_<

Top Bottom