• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My entire plan with Juggernaut will consist of making him as large as possible.

what I did with Hulk and Thing (not colossus), I will do with Jugg. Excited for Jugg, next week huh?

also will be starting up my 24hour stream for Extra Life in about 1 hour, give or take, feel free to check it out if youre bored and want to watch a bunch of games

Lord Phol

Those hulk and moon knight costumes look awesome. I'm guessing the half-off costumedlike promo will be gone by Tuesday then.

I'm a bit bummed that juggernaut got momentum when there's not even a mention of Nova force for Nova and instead he got some generic shield bar that basically works like part of a passive.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
downloading test center for the first time, hope it works because if it does ill stream juggernaut on my extra life thing :)

edit: 200 kb/s, what is this 2001? wtf Gaz :/

Dec

downloading test center for the first time, hope it works because if it does ill stream juggernaut on my extra life thing :)

edit: 200 kb/s, what is this 2001? wtf Gaz :/

At that rate it should be done right at the end! What a way to close out.

it will break somehow

KePoW

Banned
Those hulk and moon knight costumes look awesome. I'm guessing the half-off costumedlike promo will be gone by Tuesday then.

I'm a bit bummed that juggernaut got momentum when there's not even a mention of Nova force for Nova and instead he got some generic shield bar that basically works like part of a passive.

Wouldn't nova force be the same thing as spirit (mama/energy) ?

Gothos

Fooled around with Jugg on TC and he plays great. I see myslef playing him A LOT. Only one thing surprised me - he doesn't have dash move! :)

LuuKyK

Juggernaut is as one dimensional and boring as expected. Havok as a team up seems more varied and interesting than him. Bring on the next character, whoever it is.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i dont understand why jug's needs like 3 basic skills. when normally those skills are used to regain x enrgy or whatever. he gets his just moving around.

Dec

My god, the hardware cursor! It's so smooth, I LOVE it.

Sounds like there are some problems with it, here's hoping it can release on time.

It's an optional setting and if it works perfectly except for a minority with X mouse and mouse software, they should put it out for the rest of us and patch it to flatten out the specific case bugs afterwards.

I am getting impatient at the wait, but I am glad they managed to get it working at all and it will actually come ever, as I never thought it would.

KePoW

Banned
Totally depends on what they do with it; Wolerines Rage, Juggernauts Momentum and Silver Surfers cosmic power aren't like spirit at all.

Silver Surfer is the same exact thing as spirit/mana

Rage and Momentum are different, that's true. But that's only two characters lol

Well, Juggernaut looks appropriately terrible in that video. Another 5% towards the experience synergy, I suppose.

By contrast, Nova is awesome. I have him at 57 and he's a joy to play.

Lord Phol

Silver Surfer is the same exact thing as spirit/mana

Rage and Momentum are different, that's true. But that's only two characters lol

Actually power cosmic regenerates differently than spirit (much faster), or it did when he was released, there has been some changes back and forth since then.

So yeah it's only 3 characters :p, but the feature itself is pretty new, and it still doesn't excuse his lazy "second resource" nor the lack of visual cues on his two toggles, dissapointing melee powers and generic non-pulsar ranged powers (just compare his nova beam to Cyclops new ones) etc. I love the guy and I think they nailed most of it but he definetly was rushed. Having Juggernaut being in such a good state this early confirms that as well.

KePoW

Banned
Actually power cosmic regenerates differently than spirit (much faster), or it did when he was released, there has been some changes back and forth since then.

oh I mean the mechanics, it works the same exact way as spirit/mana. just because the regen rate is different doesn't make it different hehe

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
oh I mean the mechanics, it works the same exact way as spirit/mana. just because the regen rate is different doesn't make it different hehe

Well, you could say the same thing about Wolverine's Fury. It works exactly the same way, except the natural regeneration is zero.

LuuKyK

Why is the download speed so slow on Test Center btw? Its not an ok slow, its a "how are we in 2015 and its this slow" slow. Unbelievable.

Huh... that's surprising.

I thought people said he was boring, I was just pumping you up for him in our conversations so you could waste time on a bad character

Nope, he's really fun. Activating his signature then launching into pulsar spam followed by a beast mode Falling Star is a blast. His melee basic feels clunky, but who uses a basic in end game?

8/10, B+++, would purchase again.

Took the plunge on the sale.

Spent $20

1 x Halloween Bag (Bounty Boost, ES Boost, Odin Boost, Sweet Candy Boost, Iron Man Avengers (dupe), Silver Ultron (dupe))

Kate Bishop Hawkeye (need the motivation to push him to 60 and no other Enhanced Costumes that I don't have appeal to me).

Thunderbolts Black Widow

Warbird Ms. Marvel

Rolled 3 costumes (Black Widow default, Iron Man Avengers (dupe), Mr. Fantastic FF (dupe)) and got Mr. Fixit Hulk (new).

Pretty happy w/ the results.

Drayco21

Nope, he's really fun. Activating his signature then launching into pulsar spam followed by a beast mode Falling Star is a blast. His melee basic feels clunky, but who uses a basic in end game?

8/10, B+++, would purchase again.

I'm enjoying the hell out of him, and I haven't even bothered to do much with the Pulsar mechanics, and only have him to 30. I don't love every second of leveling with him like I did Star-Lord, but he's still leaps and bounds over a lot of my roster.
That doesn't say much though, when my roster includes fucking Gambit.

Vecks

Bought Lady Mandarin.

Pretty much the only costume I wanted at this point.

I guess I also like Scarlet Witch's House of M, but might wait for a BOGO/52 review before I get it.

This Nova praise is surprising. Outside of his signature, melee Nova is basically just Ms. Marvel with an unnecessary stacking buff system.

On the flip-side, Juggernaut surprised me with how fun he turned out. Stride really changes how you play the game.

Words I never thought I'd say: Gambit is good, bro. His unique upgrades have him doing amazing damage, endless sustain, great durability, and really fun if you play him as a ranged/melee hybrid. He's my third best geared raider. Just mute the game and you're good to go.

This Nova praise is surprising. Outside of his signature, melee Nova is basically just Ms. Marvel with an unnecessary stacking buff system.

The pulsar mechanic is fun. Also, Nova has held his own in a red raid. I love stacking movement speed on him and zipping around the screen.

Words I never thought I'd say: Gambit is good, bro. His unique upgrades have him doing amazing damage, endless sustain, great durability, and really fun if you play him as a ranged/melee hybrid. He's my third best geared raider. Just mute the game and you're good to go.

The pulsar mechanic is fun. Also, Nova has held his own in a red raid. I love stacking movement speed on him and zipping around the screen.

Is he faster than Surfer? That toon can really move around the screen quick.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I think he's okay at best, mind. I agree he's like a lesser Ms Marvel.

Drayco21

He could be the best character in the game, he'd still be unplayable because he's Gambit.

KePoW

Banned
I'm enjoying the hell out of him, and I haven't even bothered to do much with the Pulsar mechanics, and only have him to 30. I don't love every second of leveling with him like I did Star-Lord, but he's still leaps and bounds over a lot of my roster.

haha do u only hate Gambit in comix, or his MH mechanics??

Carm

Looking at that juggernaut video, the first thing that popped into my head is they are gonna have to change the color of the players charge arrow. It's gonna end up confusing some people vs the npc juggs ability. It's a shame we are getting the black costume as the alternate and the classic as default, kinda weird classic wasn't even gonna be one of the first two until people seemed to start complaining.

I shouldn't have, but I bought one of those halloween bags, got crap. One Dardevil token, 1 unstable molecule and 4 cards I believe, and all but one of those gave me the shitty sell or donate to vendor items. Might still drop cash on the 10 for brood Wolvie dunno yet.

Edit: So... I ended up buying the 10 bag deal for the Team-Up, first opened bag... Team-Up, sob lol. Overall not terrible list below.

1 Unstable Molecule
1 Matrix of Unbinding
3 Bounty Hunter Boost
3 Special Item Find Boost
2 Credit Drop Boost
5 Eternity Splinter Boost Potions
4 Exp Potions
1 Credit Rush Energy Bar
3 Iridium Triple Rush Energy Bar
1 Galactic Guardian's Boost
2 Sweet Candy Rush Boost
1 Iridium Triple Boost
1 Omega Boost
2 Odin's Bounty Boost Potion
2 Exp Rush Energy Bar
2 Fortune Card 2
2 Fortune Card 4
1 Fortune Card 1
1 Beach Party Fortune Card
3 X-Men Fortune Card
4 Mardi Gras Fortune Card
2 Visage of Zarathos Artifacts
2 Spirits of the Astral Plane Artifacts

Costumes

Rocket Raccoon Marvel NOW! (Dupe)
Dr. Strange Fear Itself (almost bought this one earlier)
Moon Knight Marvel NOW! (Dupe)
Squirrel Girl GLX (Dupe)
Cyclops Original
Loki Siege

Team Up

Wolverine Broodx2 ...

Character Tokens

Iron Man
Jean Grey
Moon Knight (happy about this one)
Luke Cage

Edit 2: Blended the 3 Dupe costumes got Sheriff Deadpool, not a dupe but not exciting either.

Edit 3: Got a Ultron gold outta one of the Fortune Cards

So mixed opinion on Juggernaut? Fun? Boring?

Not sure if my splinters go to him, because I gotta catch em all (X-Men characters) or whether they go to Mr Fantastic since I have his Future Foundation costume.

Not sure if my splinters go to him, because I gotta catch em all (X-Men characters) or whether they go to Mr Fantastic since I have his Future Foundation costume.
I've seen a lot of mixed opinions myself. I've found him extremely fun using a movement build. I've been pretty much just using his middle tree powers + passives / buffs. Jump-in for +150 momentum, Charge for +50% momentum, Elbow Drop to spend momentum has been my rotation; subbing Lariat while Charge is on CD. Since they are still tuning damage and items, IDK how viable this would be, but it sure is fun.

The pulsar mechanic is fun.

This is where my opinion splits. There's really nothing clever you can do with pulsars except through Nova's signature. Otherwise they're just regular skills that are mindlessly detonated through a normal rotation. I mean, what business does a skill like Magneton Pulsar have being a pulsar anyway? It's just a ground AoE. Now if the pulsars got stronger the longer they haven't been detonated, or if you could detonate various combinations of pulsars to make new unique effects happen, then we'd be looking at a proper well thought out mechanic.

Too early to say, he still has quite a few builds of iteration left before being finalized. For anyone that has wanted a mobile character he should be good fun though. He's very quick and has minimal resource downtime.

KePoW

Banned
This is where my opinion splits. There's really nothing clever you can do with pulsars except through Nova's signature. Otherwise they're just regular skills that are mindlessly detonated through a normal rotation. I mean, what business does a skill like Magneton Pulsar have being a pulsar anyway? It's just a ground AoE. Now if the pulsars got stronger the longer they haven't been detonated, or if you could detonate various combinations of pulsars to make new unique effects happen, then we'd be looking at a proper well thought out mechanic.

I agree with this. My first thought when unlocking Pulsar powers was... why do I have to detonate these, didn't see the point.

Dec

Nova is acceptably fun, and pretty damn good. I don't enjoy him enough to stick with him much, but he entertained me for a couple days.

Xevren

I love Nova as a character, just find his powers in MH pretty boring. He seems good enough though, and I really love how his sig looks when it explodes as well as his ultimate.

DrBo42

I love Nova as a character, just find his powers in MH pretty boring. He seems good enough though, and I really love how his sig looks when it explodes as well as his ultimate.

Someone in the feedback thread was suggesting that lightspeed strike be changed like a Monk ability that if there's a group, it zips around like it does currently, but for single target he teleports around the target for the same amount of attacks. Make that change and remove pulsars, life would be grand.

Keep in mind I havent spent too much time with him but from what I've played/seen, Gaz have done a great job with him and turned a character I wasnt really looking forward to to one that I'm excited to play.

I think I might have to go back and spec up a Gambit now that I have the Death costume.

Played a heap over the weekend. Loving these Haloween buffs! I think I managed to deck out about 5 characters with all 60 uniques. Definitely going to be my goal this week to get as many characters Unique'ed up as possible.

Gothos

Yea, uniques are dropping left and right with this event and especially with that Halloween buff. Great for gearing chars. By the way, is there any other reliable way to get that buff beside completing shared quests?

Spoit

Yea, uniques are dropping left and right with this event and especially with that Halloween buff. Great for gearing chars. By the way, is there any other reliable way to get that buff beside completing shared quests?

The first run of the one shots each day

Official Forums said it was tied to SIF, so I've been popping potions from the Haloween Bags.

Definitely think it works to boost your SIF, as I sometimes have 3 or 4 of the buffs running at the same time! Dropping everywhere from random enemies to Terminal bosses.

Mulgrok

Love the Psylocke QoL! <3

She is a sneaky ninja powerhouse now.

Bought the Lady Mandarin costume for her, since it was on sale.

My Psylocke is insane now (and she's still not running optimal gear stuff). It's hard not to just go easy mode and switch to her for every Cosmic Haloween Buff run I do. She just steamrolls everything, it's great fun.

Dec

Official Forums said it was tied to SIF, so I've been popping potions from the Haloween Bags.

Definitely think it works to boost your SIF, as I sometimes have 3 or 4 of the buffs running at the same time! Dropping everywhere from random enemies to Terminal bosses.

Once you get 200-300% you can reliably get one every 8-10 minutes.

Top Bottom