• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ryolnir posting an update tonight about the next event, currently still cosmic chaos.

you forgot to mention that new Winter Soldier costume was from everyone's favorite, a fortune card >_>

also a new Starlord costume

Store_StarLord_CosmicAvenger.png

also theres a poll for what event to switch on during the weekend, and its between more cosmic or midtown madness...LOL. guess whats winning

guess ill be grinding cosmic MM all weekend then, I actually still need some uniques on kitty, blade and WM so gimme them boxes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Star-Lord's purchasable costumes have consistently managed to be the shittiest ones they could pick. Fucking Bendis Cosmic.

I KNEW you would be the first to chyme in lol :D

edit: MM weekend confirmed btw

Well, at least Starlords movie costume looks good. His Mass Effect-esque costume would be good too... if it werent for that terrible, terrible hair.

inky

I know it was discussed before but yesterday I saw it with my own eyes so I had to make fun of it. Not only is the in-game "real world" clock only available in "Gaz time" (PST) it was also off by 3 minutes for some reason.

I even googled internet time just to see if my computer and phone were off but of course they weren't. They all showed 4:25 PM while Gaz time was 2:28 (I live 2 hours ahead of Pacific time). Only Gaz can fuck up a clock like that.

I don't understand why it's not just using your system clock, lol.
I mean, it's good to have PST on there as well for scheduling stuff like Odin's Bounty, but at least use the damn system clock and subtract/add to it.

Rhaknar

Is mm turned on already?

yeah for hours now. Got all my uniques for kitty, blade and WM now, and a hand of doom. and cosmic team up items which Ive been needing since more team ups came up. MM is great

Dec

Ya when I posted the Bucky costume it was just a datamine, no news on the fortune card yet.

I probably wouldn't have bought it anyways but that just makes the decision easy.

Rhaknar

they still havent fixed the "youre all alone in midtown" bug? :/

Being mostly alone in Midtown sucks. Its boring and more difficult when the only other people there are AFK at the door to the Avenger Tower.
I beat my Cosmic trial tonight with Psylocke. During my first attempt, I only took about 40% of Madam Hydras health. Someone sold me a Mental Headband for 1b (they are so cheap now?) and I eventually managed to JUST scrape through. I swapped out Batroks boots and a red ninja mask unique to use all Psylockes stuff (except slot 1). My slot 5 was only lvl 55 too. Her movement power build is pretty fun. Much more fun than traditional melee anyway.

inky

I heard about the level 80 legendaries but never saw them offered. Didn't really do any research about it, I just thought they'd show up naturally in my game but they didn't and I forgot about them.

Turns out I just needed to hit the fucking refresh button on the vendor. Oh, and I can't destroy the one I got for free for some marks either. Lame. At least I got 2k marks saved up.

Volimar

I heard about the level 80 legendaries but never saw them offered. Didn't really do any research about it, I just thought they'd show up naturally in my game but they didn't and I forgot about them.

Turns out I just needed to hit the fucking refresh button on the vendor. Oh, and I can't destroy the one I got for free for some marks either. Lame. At least I got 2k marks saved up.

You can't trade them in for a full odin marks refund either. Bollocks.

inky

To me someone being fun or sucking doesn't depend on it clearing the cosmic trial fast or not tho. I don't think it even makes the list of things relevant to my enjoyment of the game. You seem to have cosmic trial tunnel vision lately Rhak ;P

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Prpbs felt me not buying things to be honest doubt many customers have spent over £6500

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
also selfie cos this thread is dead

P8LQoFq.jpg

and i hope everyone enjoyed my christmas song spam haha

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
girl im always stepping into christmas

Rhaknar

To me someone being fun or sucking doesn't depend on it clearing the cosmic trial fast or not tho. I don't think it even makes the list of things relevant to my enjoyment of the game. You seem to have cosmic trial tunnel vision lately Rhak ;P

Well I love her as a character, is that better? When you said "she kinda sucks" I thought you meant damage wise or something, not enjoyment wise, hence why I said what I said. Next time say "I kinda dont like her"! :p

edit: speaking of the trial, I must be the worst Psylocke player in the world since aparently everyone does the trial with her easily and I cant for the life of me

Rhaknar

is UK marvel gaf ok? I hear theres some nasty floods and shit over there :/

stay safe

Indignate

I'll bring the knives.

edit: speaking of the trial, I must be the worst Psylocke player in the world since aparently everyone does the trial with her easily and I cant for the life of me

Use Vortex to group people up and for the vulnerability proc. Than just lotus, typhoon them. Assassinate and sig whenever you can. If you don't ever feel like fighting directly with her spender or you run out of mana cuz you aren't built in a way to support that, alternate between her dash and psithrust and just slash&dash through the trash.
grave.gif

Assassinate and psithrust are both great for positioning during the boss fights. Just hit either when you see any red arrows or charge ups to get behind them and they'll end up shooting the wrong direction.
disappear.gif

Rhaknar

I'll bring the knives.

Use Vortex to group people up and for the vulnerability proc. Than just lotus, typhoon them. Assassinate and sig whenever you can. If you don't ever feel like fighting directly with her spender or you run out of mana cuz you aren't built in a way to support that, alternate between her dash and psithrust and just slash&dash through the trash.
grave.gif

Assassinate and psithrust are both great for positioning during the boss fights. Just hit either when you see any red arrows or charge ups to get behind them and they'll end up shooting the wrong direction.
disappear.gif

her, X-23 and Doreen are my bane. others I either miss the timer (Loki I always miss the timer no matter what mental builds I use), or I die stupidly on what I would otherwise have done it (Human Torch, im SURE I have the dmg for it, but I just keep dying to Skull).

Some have been really fucking hard, and I actually got a rush out of doing it (I also raged hard when I failed with them). Nightcrawler was the big one, as not only is he not in the best place, but he is so unbelievably squishy. Luke Cage was much easier than I expected now that I switched to the dropkick finisher. Hawkeye was pretty easy once I sqitched to taunt arrow (20 point taunt arrow lols)

But yeah, Betsy, Doreen and X-23 are my bane, I just get overwhelmed by mobs either before Hydra, in which case I have to pop the ult (to be fair I pop ults for the hulkbusters on most characters), or before (or in adition to) Skull. Its strange because Psylocke and X-23 are 2 of my best characters 1 on 1 (well not so strange since the trial is a completely different situation)

Also, I pissed it with Wolverine (with no fucking legendary) and yet keep failing on Laura >_>

Still, Im now 42 heroes done on it, which is pretty cool I guess.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Now all you need is socks and you can be head to to toe blizzard

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Are you playing on PC with the ridiculous DLC prices?

I mean, at least you get the toy out of it on consoles >_>

Brought it on ps4. Starter pack comes with code which unlocks starter pack on pc. Every toy u buy also comes with code which unlocks that hero on pc version

Rhaknar

Brought it on ps4. Starter pack comes with code which unlocks starter pack on pc. Every toy u buy also comes with code which unlocks that hero on pc version

That's not too bad then. Still missing the "toy to life" aspect tho :(

Anoregon

I'm getting tired of waiting for the first round of post-launch magik tuning changes, I may just end up snagging her with splinters before then if my impatience gets the better of me. Harumph.

Dec

I'm getting tired of waiting for the first round of post-launch magik tuning changes, I may just end up snagging her with splinters before then if my impatience gets the better of me. Harumph.

It already came for the most part. Her best build is really good after the last patch fixing very important bugs.

Hopefully if they tune her more they make her other builds good.

Magik’s Otherworldly Nova will now correctly apply Sorcery on-hit effects from her specialization or her Earth-4210 Boots Unique.

Magik's Otherworldly Nova demon buff effect now properly only affects the four classes of demon she personally can summon.

Magik’s Vampiric Incantation will now apply the proc effect from her Earth-4210 Boots Unique.

Magik's Soul Sever Execute bonus damage will now properly apply.

Magik's Soul Cleaving tooltip damage now updates as Limbo Demons are summoned.

Magik's Seven League Step now properly gains double damage from Mastery of the Soulsword while wearing the Marvel Now costume.

Magik's Otherworldly Nova demon buff effect now properly only affects the four classes of demon she personally can summon.

Magik’s Bone Wall Sorcery keyword removed.

Anoregon

Hah, she had a bug that only existed while wearing a certain costume?

Gaz pls

Anoregon

What, stealth? That was like the first costume I got from Mk1's and I blended it almost immedately, lol. The costume I want from that and have never seen is Thor Destroyer.

inky

I've got like 5 copies of Destroyer over the years, probably as many of the others but never seen the stealth costume.

Dec

danger room tomorow or delayed again dec?

No word yet. I think they would have released it last week if it weren't for an "exploit" being found so I'm going to guess it will be tomorrow.

The feedback thread is concerns about rewards tuning mostly.

Monday update:

Danger Room has some important bug fixes (wrong loot tables dropping, survival chests incorrectly rewarding due to revive powers) and extensive tuning going on today. Currently still this week.

When does Midtown Madness end?

Either when we patch this week or Friday, if something goes hilariously wrong with the Danger Room patch.

Last part seems to mean they are still trying for tomorrow morning but if the test center patch tonight isn't smooth it'll be Friday.

In other news

Iron Fist is scheduled to hit TC this week. I'll keep you updated on exactly which day, he is in approvals land and will be turned on ASAP once we get the word.

Danger Room needs to come out and get off test in order for Iron Fist to get on it, though. So cross your fingers that Danger Room is tomorrow and Iron Fist has a real shot of being on Test in the next couple days.

Rhaknar

oh MM will go on throughout the week? alright then, thought it was just the weekend + today (because, well, its monday)

What, stealth? That was like the first costume I got from Mk1's and I blended it almost immedately, lol. The costume I want from that and have never seen is Thor Destroyer.

Thor Destroyer was literally my first costume, I think the second FC I ever opened, over 1000 hours ago lol

Still haven't seen Stealth.

Top Bottom