• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just realized that I haven't decided which level 60 character(s) I want to be danger rooming with!

inky

At least this game isn't developed by Bungie guys!

2YGFNMF.png

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
God I fucking hate Bungie. I quit Destiny after a torrid affair with The Taken King because I was just utterly disgusted with Bungie's apparent contempt for their playerbase. At least you can't accuse Gaz of that, whatever else you want to throw at them, they communicate.

Xevren

Ahhhhh so excited to try it out, at work for another hour.

And if anyone wants to add me on Steam feel free, though I really only play this on pc. Steam id is Xevren11

Indignate

I would hope it would increase that 1% to 2% but I'm sure it just makes your spirit powers cost double and then go down to 0 or start at 0 and then double meaning it's still 0 and thus half of that affix doesn't actually mean anything.

inky

Actually it's 100% of that affix because LOL basic powers amirite?

But seriously, I rarely use basics with my top 3-5 characters.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wonder what chars would do best with the basic-enhancing mod. Some dudes definitely have much better basic options than others.

Bladelaw

I wonder what chars would do best with the basic-enhancing mod. Some dudes definitely have much better basic options than others.

Off the top of my head combo characters (daredevil, Shulk, Cage) and fast attackers (Spider-Man, Nova), and Colossus (seriously) would probably see the largest benefit.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
All in all, Danger Room seems like an exciting new way to grind currency so you can gear up 1 character after 20 hours of merit farming in this game that has more than 50 playable characters.

Anoregon

All in all, Danger Room seems like an exciting new way to grind currency so you can gear up 1 character after 20 hours of merit farming in this game that has more than 50 playable characters.

Yeah, I'm also glad there is a large option of characters for people to pick 1-4 mains from.

I dunno, I'm actually kind of hoping DR compels me to play more characters at 60. I play so little end-game stuff as it is, I really want a reason to maintain a stable of guys I can rotate through. I even popped on rocket for the first time in forever the other day and realized "hey this summon build is actually pretty fun"

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, I'm actually kind of hoping DR compels me to play more characters at 60. I play so little end-game stuff as it is, I really want a reason to maintain a stable of guys I can rotate through. I even popped on rocket for the first time in forever the other day and realized "hey this summon build is actually pretty fun"

I mean yes and no. It encourages having a stable of different heroes/builds but at the same time the level of difficulty is such that you'll want someone as well-geared as possible, so it's kind of a catch-22.

Anoregon

2 yellow teamup items in one clear. I like the look of that. I want to get at least a couple of mine with 4 nice active-buffing cosmic items.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Can the new Danger Room uniques/artifacts also drop from the end chests or is it purely a currency grind?

Anoregon

Can the new Danger Room uniques/artifacts also drop from the end chests or is it purely a currency grind?

I think it's just the currency, but I am not positive.

Shame I liked her

Is Scarlet Witch still fucking awesome?

I think Magik is actually supposed to be good, so don't feel bad.
SW isn't at her most overpowered level anymore, but she is still quite good.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I think it's just the currency, but I am not positive.

I think Magik is actually supposed to be good, so don't feel bad.
SW isn't at her most overpowered level anymore, but she is still quite good.

:(

Game is running like shit for me

Danger room is fun.
I picked up a bunch of unstable molecules, Uniques with challenge bonuses and maybe one or two decent insignias.
The stuff you can buy with the DR currency is good too.
On an early run, I got killed twice by falling concrete AFTER we killed the boss and cost the team the loot bonus. So embarrassing.

Dec

Killing a huge group of minibosses and suddenly two phase 3 Dooms run over.

The weird stuff that can happen in this mode is amazing.

Two Juggernauts charging into eachother... wish they did damage to allies.

Now that Danger Room has launched, we will start working on the next batch of rewards to go on the vendor.

"New batch of rewards?!?!" you may say! Yes!

Danger Room will continue to have rewards added/updated over the course of time. We want to keep giving players reasons to play and rewards to chase.

We have some ideas on how to help players manage scenarios and stash space and will discuss those in the near future.

The issue where large packs of minibosses spawn is not intended. This is something we believe was fixed but there still seems to be a pesky hidden bug somewhere.

Cracklox

Hmmm. Danger room feedback seems almost overwhelmingly positive.

Sounds like I might have to organise for an early departure from this Xmas party I'm meant to be going to. Danger Room > Social life

Anoregon

I feel like I can't really hang in cosmic runs just yet because im not super well geared and rusty on most of my 60's, but im digging danger room overall

Hmmm. Danger room feedback seems almost overwhelmingly positive.

Sounds like I might have to organise for an early departure from this Xmas party I'm meant to be going to. Danger Room > Social life
That's what the super group is for. It's basically a Christmas party with your racist uncle (kepow) where nobody gets drunk on eggnog and makes out with the girl from accounting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Quick thoughts on Danger Room:

-Fun mode that I can't see myself soloing
-Like any other mode, seems worthless to do at any level below cosmic
-Love the new layouts in old locations
-Merit drop rate on cosmic is awesome for a game with 53 characters and rising, which means they will nerf it because nofunallowed.jpg

In 2 hours or so I played it with Dec, inky and gurk I got enough merits for 1 art, or 2 rings. Like I said, that's awesome for us with all the characters but I can't see them leaving it like that.

Not that the arts are amazing mind you, in fact, they don't seem that good, certainly better than the ghetto stuff but they don't look as good as most of the usual suspects (in fact the box with the usual suspects is more expensive) so you would think they wouldn't mess with the drop rate, but I'm sure they will.

Also some of the scenarios we ran into were literally impossible not to die on, I don't care how geared you are. We'll see what happens, I had a ton of fun with it, but like I said, that was with gaffers, I can't see myself enjoying it solo (like I don't enjoy cosmic patrols solo when your instance bugs out after awhile and you are left alone)

For now the prospect of decent gear for my army of alts is exciting but if they kill the merit rate I don't know if I'll stick with it

inky

With the amount of uniques you get from the mini bosses and the chests I think it is still worth it to run the lower quality scenarios with a fresh 60. Obviously the better method would be stockpiling chests from events and just opening them with the new character, but not everyone can or will do that. Also, take into account that the merit return is tied to the challenge rating of the scenario. I've seen purples with better returns than many cosmic ones.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
With the amount of uniques you get from the mini bosses and the chests I think it is still worth it to run the lower quality scenarios with a fresh 60. Obviously the better method would be stockpiling chests from events and just opening them with the new character, but not everyone can or will do that. Also, take into account that the merit return is tied to the challenge of the challenge rating of the scenario. I've seen purple with better returns than many cosmic ones.

Yeah you're right, about all of it because that's exactly what I do for my 60s lol (stockpile that is, I have 3 stashes full of midtown boxes for Iron Fist atm)

Are the drop rates below cosmic even good tho? For uniques that is. The loot difference between normal and cosmic patrols is so ridiculously big I'm half assuming DR is the same

inky

Well, we got like 10 uniques per cosmic run, so a common scenario is never going to give you that, but I did at least one of each rarity for the achievement and I feel I always got at least 2-3 uniques from those.

Anoregon

I really like that they weren't kidding on the challenge levels. Some are as easy as terminals and others are incredibly hard.

I'm pretty much getting 1-shot on most of my 60's when I hop in the harder cosmics. It's a disaster.

I really wish i had more than ~2100 omegas about now.

Rhaknar

I'm pretty much getting 1-shot on most of my 60's when I hop in the harder cosmics. It's a disaster.

I really wish i had more than ~2100 omegas about now.

Even Dec is getting 1 shot, on his "proper" heroes

Top Bottom