• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Small hint about IF's stolen power for Rogue (if anyone still plays her).

Iron Fist's stolen power will likely be a shoe-in for this build. We're going with a more unique approach for his, something we haven't tried before. He provides a new Support power that specifically targets Rogue's tree 1 brawling powers, augmenting them with new effects.

Even Dec is getting 1 shot, on his "proper" heroes

Defensive Omegas just aren't that great at the moment. Once the rebalance happens in 2016, hopefully this changes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rogue should have been 2 proper original trees, and then you can have 1 for your silly stolen powers. But I always hated characters that used other movesets so that's on me (like in fighting games and whatnot)

inky

So now that I've been leveling all to 60 I realize some character's movement skills (run and fly) are free. Is this something we can expect from every character in the future?

So now that I've been leveling all to 60 I realize some character's movement skills (run and fly) are free. Is this something we can expect from every character in the future?

All characters should have at least one free movement ability.

Dashing around the map to boss spawns and out of spirit on arrival is so bad.

Rogue should have been 2 proper original trees, and then you can have 1 for your silly stolen powers. But I always hated characters that used other movesets so that's on me (like in fighting games and whatnot)

Well, the boss abilities aren't things you can use on any other character. There are a bunch of good ones too.

Actually yes. There will also be a dedicated hotkey for said free movement power. Flights/dashes/vehicle movement powers will be sped up too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I super duper hate the AIM facility. Died on a cosmic there more than I have in ages.

Cosmics are to be partied with, not soloed

You'll still die but you wont feel like your soul is being shat on by Mephisto

Indignate

My game breaks during Danger Room. It did this on TC too. So rip marvel heroes.

Even Dec is getting 1 shot, on his "proper" heroes

Exposed.

But her whole power set is that she steals powers?

It's really fuckin dumb when their movement skills are shit, like Blade's. At least some people can fly over stuff, Blade just gets on his dumb motorcycle that for some reason they gave shitty handling too so that it feels like a thing with wheels but moves slower than his spirit costing dash.

Also, when a handful of the latest releases and reworks have free teleports, anything else feels redundant as hell.

inky

But Blade's bike looks so cool with the UV light!

I was playing Storm today and flying from one corner to the other in MM used up all her spirit. Twice.

Can't wait till that shit is normalized.

I think not being able to heal, is the worst Cosmic affix you can get. I will avoid those from now on.

I feel like I can't really hang in cosmic runs just yet because im not super well geared and rusty on most of my 60's, but im digging danger room overall

Some dick laughed at my War Machine gear, before kicking me from the party during a Cosmic "gear check" after I joined. My War Machine doesnt have the BEST stuff, but he's ok and got me through the Cosmic trial easier than anyone else Ive done.
I dont run gear checks on Cosmics I host and we still get the bonus over 50% of the time anyway. Im happy with that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think not being able to heal, is the worst Cosmic affix you can get. I will avoid those from now on.

Some dick laughed at my War Machine gear, before kicking me from the party during a Cosmic "gear check" after I joined. My War Machine doesnt have the BEST stuff, but he's ok and got me through the Cosmic trial easier than anyone else Ive done.
I dont run gear checks on Cosmics I host and we still get the bonus over 50% of the time anyway. Im happy with that.

And that's why you don't play with randoms

Yeah, pretty much. I'm more than happy to have my scrubby ass carried by marvelgaf.

Also, michalmayhem post:

You'll see Magik and Kitty getting some love very soon, and more will be tackled as we get into the early months of next year, specifically trying to hit some of the "early 52" heroes.

TASKMASTER OR RIOT.

Dec

Taskmaster, Colossus, Squirrel Girl, Star Lord

probably the 4 off the top of my head that need the most attention.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Taskmaster is going to be in permanent limbo, because there is always going to be at least one of his 4 constituent heroes that needs a buff and gaz won't want to tweak him until those 4 are all in a good spot (which will be never)

Rhaknar

Tasky is much better these days to be fair, his sig is ridiculous now

also, psylocke and punisher down, so close to all trials I can taste it. TASTE IT!

its salty ;_;

edit: leveling legendaries outside of cosmic patrols is depressing

Anoregon

I was surprised to see how poor the danger room XP seems to be. Even the green orb explosion out of the chest at the end doesn't compare at all to the time investment for cosmic patrols or terminals.

Dec

I was surprised to see how poor the danger room XP seems to be. Even the green orb explosion out of the chest at the end doesn't compare at all to the time investment for cosmic patrols or terminals.

yea if there is one thing the mode is bad for it's xp.

Ideal for maxed omega peoples because you're sacrificing omega progress for items otherwise.

Anoregon

So I'm still 1 slot short of all 60 uniques on War Machine (I've got like 4 of every other one, thanks rng). I definitely need to dust of SW for some danger room this weekend too. Haven't player her in a while but she's still beast.

Also maybe surfer and/or loki. I have a few purple scenarios that I'll burn through on one of em with whoever else wants to come.

inky

I hope when they get around to a Taskmaster review they give him more sword powers. They probably won't tho.

Edit: who is still missing from the Team Up pack? Is is only Agent Venom?

inky

Oh shit she was. It was the reason I bought the pack actually (together with Spider Gwen and because Sam and Sunspot looked alright too).

It's Agent Venom, Rescue and Archangel missing.

Dec

Crafting update:

-Flatten element tiers into 1 of each type of element.
-Reduce the amount of clicking, by allowing certain stackable items to be auto populated into recipes(i.e. elements)
-Allow a button for certain recipes to immediately craft again.

A player wants to craft a new costume affix. The player opens the recipe and can see the element inputs already populated with the elements needed to craft and only has to select the costume they want to add the affix to. The player clicks the "Craft" button, the crafter adds the affix to the costume and puts the costume into the output window on the crafter. The player can mouseover the costume and see what the affix generated is. If the player is happy with the roll, they can remove the costume. If they want to reroll again, they can click the "Craft Again" button, which then would recraft the affix recipe on to the costume and put it back into the output window.

Volimar

Crafting update:

O8tFZ.gif

Mulgrok

They need to fix Squirrel Sabateours so that it actually hits stuff reliably without standing at a specific distance. Get too close and the squirrels spawn past the target, too far and only 1 hits.

Had a cosmic danger room where I ran into a pack of 10 mini-bosses... went through all of my lives trying to get past them.

Anoregon

Queen of gifting strikes! You are so MAGIKal!

Indignate

They need to fix Squirrel Sabateours so that it actually hits stuff reliably without standing at a specific distance. Get too close and the squirrels spawn past the target, too far and only 1 hits.

Had a cosmic danger room where I ran into a pack of 10 mini-bosses... went through all of my lives trying to get past them.

Somehow this is like the least of her issues.
tears.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Still need the ability to reject the affix rolled and keep what you currently have. Then it'll be mostly set.

Whoa now, can't make it too good, then crafting costume affixes won't be literally hitler anymore, and we can't have that!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Rolling would mean nothing if that was a thing.

with the amount of affixes and the roll ranges, I strongly disagree.

And again, this game has OVER 50 CHARACTERS I HAVE TO ROLL AFFIXES ON. A little quality of life isn't too much to ask.

Rhaknar

with the amount of affixes and the roll ranges, I strongly disagree.

And again, this game has OVER 50 CHARACTERS I HAVE TO ROLL AFFIXES ON. A little quality of life isn't too much to ask.

are you not feeling...dangerous today?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably get dangerous today. I still have some podcasts to listen to.

Rhaknar

That's what I'm saying! I have some podcasts to listen to > ergo I'll probably play some MH :p

lets go then, the mode is as predicted, boring solo. not a knock on the mode itself, it is what it is

Anoregon

lets go then, the mode is as predicted, boring solo. not a knock on the mode itself, it is what it is

Yeah I knew that would be the case, but I mean I feel the same away about GRifts in Diablo. I only bother doing them with I have 1-2 buddies around.

Top Bottom