• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finally got to 200 Eternity splinter and unlocked Scarlet Witch. So far I have Cyclops, Blade and SW. I'll probably buy $60 worth in credits buy some costumes and extra S.T.A.S.Hs

With only 3 heroes you should take advantage of that 2 random heroes box on sale right now, odds on you getting repeats are slim with just 3 heroes (could still happen mind you)

Volimar

iqfx9v7.jpg

^^

Great shirt. I'm not that into Adventure Time, but my kid likes it and it has it's moments.

inky

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Play it before it's too late
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Are there any developers left?
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Cancelled Heroes 2016

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guys, Kaine is kinda cool.

Don't tell Drayco I said that.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Play it before it's too late
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Are there any developers left?
Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Cancelled Heroes 2016

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Everything dies

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Cosmic cupcake leaving is weird she was recently promoted after doomsaw etc got laid off

3 out of 6 gms left this year theres something we dont know

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ouch, that's not good. Cosmic Cupcake handled a lot of item work, right? Especially buffing/fixing existing hero-specific uniques. Marvel Heroes about to be Marvel Whoever's Left.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about it, maybe scaling down makes sense. They probably had a really strong growth run for a while but I imagine now the player base has kind of stabilized in terms of size, and most of the fires have been put out (aside from the new ones introduced with every patch), so maybe they don't need as much muscle as they once did, idk. Especially if the content plans for next year are more sane, with no more mandatory weekly patches or monthly heroes. We'll see I guess. I just hope the game doesn't wither and die.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Brevik woke up one day a few months ago and realized he hates video games

Dec

Ouch, that's not good. Cosmic Cupcake handled a lot of item work, right? Especially buffing/fixing existing hero-specific uniques. Marvel Heroes about to be Marvel Whoever's Left.

Nah she runs the events and manages drop rates.

Also she wasn't laid off or anything, Brevik congratulated her on her new job.

Should also note Heretic (previous lead) started his own mobile company and Doomsaw retired.

There was one set of lay offs but the top important people that left weren't part of it.

The pain of leveling up your crafter. Currently at level 12. Just dumping gear into it from Midtown Madness boxes. I'll be glad when this is maxed out.

Volimar

The pain of leveling up your crafter. Currently at level 12. Just dumping gear into it from Midtown Madness boxes. I'll be glad when this is maxed out.

You can save your uniques and trade in duplicates for boxes of gold at the crafter. Then trade in the boxes to level your vendors.

Anoregon

Man I can barely remember leveling up the crafter. I did that like 14 years ago.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
indig can play soon

We'll be working on various fixes and such for it this week (especially the pesky load time issue that crops up, looking for as much concrete info on that as possible), but you may have noticed another new hero on Test Center, and one I'm super excited for, Iron Fist!

deadpool

We hope to give Deadpool to our internal and external ("white list") testers this weekend to make sure he's not completely busted, then to TC after that.

events

We'll be posting the event schedule tomorrow that should give the details through the end of the year.

chapter 10

I'll be playing Chapter 10 this week with @bentlegiant to see it through before it makes its way to TC (not sure on date for that). Excited to see it all the way through!

crafting

As I said in the soon to be archived Test Center forums, Phase One of the Crafting Review will be on TC sometime after Iron Fist due to it needing a lot of internal testing before we make those changes.

Rhaknar

nvm sorted

edit: She Hulk trial easily done with the regen/invuln core. The difference those cores make, especially for melee, is so stupid

Only Rogue, Squirrel Girl and Deadpool left :)

Dec

Looking into changing Danger Room:

More XP

Loading issue

Scenarios dropping in stacking containers you open one at a time

Solo completion time

Iron Fist getting a lot of work done and specializations tomorrow.

I beat the Cosmic trial with Daredevil tonight.
My build didnt include his Hook Kick finisher and I had MASSIVE spirit issues as a result. I tried using Omega nodes for spirit recovery and even a Lizard medallion, but I didnt notice much difference. Eventually I used a Mark of Odinborn and beat Skull with 2 seconds to spare. I had nice artifacts going in too (Gorilla necklace, Adv Circlet, that new DR melee arti), so I thought I'd have a pretty easy time, but that was my hardest clear yet.
I should have used the Hook Kick and Street Sweeper moves in my build, but once I find a play style I like and I get used to, I can be too stubborn about changing it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Did you get a separate birthday and Christmas/Boxing Day when you were a kid or did you get it combined?

seperate, but now i just combine them cos my family comes down on christmas and gives birthday gifts then so makes to do it all then, but as a child your like naw

Cracklox

I beat the Cosmic trial with Daredevil tonight.
My build didnt include his Hook Kick finisher and I had MASSIVE spirit issues as a result. I tried using Omega nodes for spirit recovery and even a Lizard medallion, but I didnt notice much difference. Eventually I used a Mark of Odinborn and beat Skull with 2 seconds to spare. I had nice artifacts going in too (Gorilla necklace, Adv Circlet, that new DR melee arti), so I thought I'd have a pretty easy time, but that was my hardest clear yet.
I should have used the Hook Kick and Street Sweeper moves in my build, but once I find a play style I like and I get used to, I can be too stubborn about changing it.

Heh. I had a similarly geared DD (SWGN, advanced circlet, AMA, and Pyms shrink) clear the 1st time. I was however using (and abusing) street sweep and hook kick. Quicksilver teamup was also invaluable to group things up which help make up for lack of AOE.

I'm having an interesting time with Blade. His DPS is insane. I nearly killed Hydra last night before she spawned her 1st bodyguard. Problem is I keep helping Skull and his sents kill me by not managing my serum properly. Never-sated one. Oh well, just have to suck less I guess

my birthday is on 23rd :p

A reverse-belated MerryHappy Birthxmasday and Happy New Year, Queen!

Rhaknar

It's that time of the year again when old man Rhaknar speculates about future characters. Albeit with no advance pack 3 announced, this speculation is a lot less probable. But still:

Nick Fury, Ms. Marvel (Kamala), Green Goblin (why?), Wasp, Spider Man (Miles), Angela

I have to believe that all the poll choices from last summer had at least some work done already, in the off chance that Magik didn't win. I find it hard to believe they pull out models, animations, move sets voices in like 2 months.

After those, and assuming we would still get the usual 12 heroes, I predict:

Beast. They said they were working on him part-time for years now, maybe he gets more work done and becomes a full fledged 400 splinter hero. Or just comes out as a 200 splinter hero, since they have no advance pack announced anyway. And he is prominent in the Inhumans book.

Angel / Archangel. Probably the last big X-Men not in the game, is a part of one of the new books (Uncanny, on Magneto's team)) and is in the next X-Men movie (sure it's Fox not Mrvel Studios but still)

Sabretooth. Speaking of being on Mags Uncanny X-Men. Do not make this guy just a enhanced costume :/

Medusa and Blackbolt. Surely they must start getting into Inhumans soon right? The Inhumans push in the comics continues strong (and to be fair, with great results) and the movie is still looming.

Elektra. Long rumoured to come out, is on Daredevil season 2 and would be easy to make.

I'm trying to think of possible tie ins with movies but we already have everyone from Civil War, Dr.Strange is already in and I don't see anyone else from the movie being important enough to be playable, and the same goes for the Deadpool movie. X-Men Apocalypse has the already mentioned Beast and Archangel.

Drayco21

I could see Marvel pushing Jessica Jones. Maybe just as a team-up though, since her powers are so non-flashy and it didn't seem like people went crazy for her like they did Daredevil after that show.

I agree Kamala is a shoe-in, because if they don't get her next year, there's a good chance that no one will care about her when they try to drum up hype for Marvel Heroes 2017, such is the fate of teen characters at the House of Ideas. Likewise, Wasp, Fury and Archangel because we know they've wanted to work on them/have started work on them for a while now, and they're some of the bigger names not in the game right now.

Black Bolt would be hype as fuck, so Gaz would probably just put Medusa in and then go with Karnak or some shit because fuck you. Likewise, Miles sucks and is awful in every regard, so he's probably a lock. Elektra and Beast will probably make the cut, and won't be 200 ES heroes like they said they were going to be.

I hope we see Agent Venom next year. He's got a Team-Up, that's like half the work.

Speaking of team-ups, I could also easily see Gamora or Drax, probably the former moreso, get the bump up to playable. She's popular, is another checkbox hero for a bunch of reasons (character to keep the Marvel Cosmic branch active, new Guardians character, new MCU exposure character, new female character), and they have a solid base to work from thanks to the Team-Up.

Rhaknar

Gamora is so popular she's the only GOTG member without her own solo book.

:3

Anoregon

I wouldn't be surprised to see them sneak Quake in (with an Agents of Shield alt costume) as playable next year. She's the only major character from the show that would work as a playable hero in MH.

Rhaknar

Cyclops
Wolverine
Emma Frost
Storm
Jean Gray
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Gambit
Psylocke
Rogue
Iceman
Kitty Pryde
X-23
Magik
Magneto
Juggernaut
Cable
Deadpool
Squirrel Girl
Captain America
Ironman
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye
Captain Marvel
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Black Widow
Black Panther
She Hulk
War Machine
Winter Soldier
Ant Man
Spiderman
Venom
Dr.Strange
Ghost Rider
Taskmaster
Loki
Blade
Daredevil
Punisher
Moon Knight
Luke Cage
Starlord
Rocket Racoon
Nova
Silver Surfer
Mr.Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Thing
Human Torch
Doctor Doom
Iron Fist
Black Cat

All jokes aside, the game's roster atm is ridiculously rich for any Marvel fan. It's going to be a sad day when it shuts down (no I'm not saying it's anytime soon)

Rhaknar

Thanks for the advice. I'll steer clear then--anything on Marvel Unlimited worth reading? Something relatively new, as I've read most classic/big event storylines.

You mean in general or cosmic related? If it's in general:

Jason Aaron's Thor God of Thunder -> Thor
Superior Foes of Spiderman
Fraction's Hawkeye
Hickman's Fantastic Four / Future Foundation
Hickman's Avengers / New Avengers
Secret Avengers (the 2014 one with Modok)
Morrison's New X-Men
Whedon's Astonishing X-Men
Remender's Uncanny X-Force / Uncanny Avengers
Wolverine and the X-Men (the first volume)
Superior Spider-Man
Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist (the 2006 one)
Mark Waid's Daredevil
Silver Surfer (2014)

If you meant cosmic stuff, just follow the chart

Edit: also to a lesser extent

Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Silk
Spider-Man and the X-Men
Angela
Loki Agent of Asgard
Duggan's Deadpool

Drayco21

Fraction's Hawkeye
Hickman's Avengers / New Avengers
Morrison's New X-Men
Superior Spider-Man

If you meant cosmic stuff, just follow the chart

I'll second everything on this list except Superior Spider-Man, and would add Scarlet Spider, Mark Waid's Daredevil, and Duggan's Deadpool.

Cosmic wise, the only books worth reading since Thanos Imperative ended the Giffen/DnA Annihilation era have been Slott's Silver Surfer, Nova once Duggan took it over, and Guardians 3000.

Rhaknar

I'll second everything on this list except Superior Spider-Man, and would add Scarlet Spider, Mark Waid's Daredevil, and Duggan's Deadpool.

Cosmic wise, the only books worth reading since Thanos Imperative ended the Giffen/DnA Annihilation era have been Slott's Silver Surfer, Nova once Duggan took it over, and Guardians 3000.

Wait is Silver Surfer done by the Spider-Man guy? Mind blown if so, I never noticed

Also lol at you vouching for mutie books

J-Tier

Fraction's Hawkeye
Morrison's New X-Men
Wolverine and the X-Men (the first volume)
Superior Spider-Man
Mark Waid's Daredevil
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Silk
Spider-Man and the X-Men
Angela
Loki Agent of Asgard
Duggan's Deadpool

I have not read any of these with the exception of Ms. Marvel, so I'll put these on my reading list--thanks! I'm one of those guys that usually only reads big event stuff where everything's all crossing over, while only following the mainline Avengers series.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them sneak Quake in (with an Agents of Shield alt costume) as playable next year. She's the only major character from the show that would work as a playable hero in MH.

This is who I definitely want to be in the game. I will play with nothing but the Skye alt if she comes.

Just bought Gungir for my legendary for Cyclops. Hope it's a good choice. I like all the crit it has.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Cannot believe y'all left out Invincible Iron Man by Fraction, it's fantastic.

I'm a Thor fanboy and highly recommend everything Thor starting from JMS' run on the book in 2004 I think, which culminates in Siege, one of the best crossovers of recent years. As Rhaknar said, all of Aaron's work on the character is also fantastic.

Journey Into Mystery is also a really fun book that picks up with Loki after Siege, it's a completely new take on the character and it goes super deep into the mythical side of the Marvel Universe. It's uneven in spots but I found it thoroughly enjoyable.

J-Tier

Cannot believe y'all left out Invincible Iron Man by Fraction, it's fantastic.

I'm a Thor fanboy and highly recommend everything Thor starting from JMS' run on the book in 2004 I think, which culminates in Siege, one of the best crossovers of recent years. As Rhaknar said, all of Aaron's work on the character is also fantastic.

Journey Into Mystery is also a really fun book that picks up with Loki after Siege, it's a completely new take on the character and it goes super deep into the mythical side of the Marvel Universe. It's uneven in spots but I found it thoroughly enjoyable.
Thanks, I'll add these to my reading list!

Top Bottom