• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

I really wish I could play this with "High Quality Materials" enabled. I'm currently on a Macbook Pro 2013 base model and it just can't handle it.

Shame because the classic Dr Doom costume I bought + Doombots look pretty bad without High Quality Materials enabled.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Cosmic Midtown/ICP, but that requires passing the trial, which is a bit of a catch 22. On the better heroes, it should be doable with basic-ass artifacts and uniques though. I think? Maybe I've lost all perspective because I tend to just go bovineheim or whatever and gear characters out real quick.

Which reminds me: Bovineheim. If you have portals, or can get in a group, it's the easiest way to get like 7-8 uniques.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Cosmic Midtown/ICP, but that requires passing the trial, which is a bit of a catch 22. On the better heroes, it should be doable with basic-ass artifacts and uniques though. I think? Maybe I've lost all perspective because I tend to just go bovineheim or whatever and gear characters out real quick.

Which reminds me: Bovineheim. If you have portals, or can get in a group, it's the easiest way to get like 7-8 uniques.

I have a load of portals, is it soloable?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I have a load of portals, is it soloable?

You could, but I don't recommend it. It's a popular destination, just advertise in LFG or Social and you'll have some peeps in no time. Great for credits/exp too, mob density is insane. But most people tend to rush for the bosses right away. You can always clear it out afterwards if you want.

Lashley

You could, but I don't recommend it. It's a popular destination, just advertise in LFG or Social and you'll have some peeps in no time. Great for credits/exp too, mob density is insane. But most people tend to rush for the bosses right away. You can always clear it out afterwards if you want.

I'll do that, cheers

inky

Oh man

marvelheroes20152015-myrji.png

Only Doom and lvl 30 Deadpool left. Doom I'm waiting for a sale to buy his pack/costume because no way in hell I'm running around with anything else than his green cloak (
fuck you Gaz, btw
) and Deadpool I might as well wait for his review because I don't expect I'll be playing him more after that, unless he turns out really good.

The real Demon's Souls Marvel Heroes starts here!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hi-yah!

Rogue unique rework is on TC too, they look very nice.

mreddie

It's that time of the year again when old man Rhaknar speculates about future characters. Albeit with no advance pack 3 announced, this speculation is a lot less probable. But still:

Nick Fury, Ms. Marvel (Kamala), Green Goblin (why?), Wasp, Spider Man (Miles), Angela

I have to believe that all the poll choices from last summer had at least some work done already, in the off chance that Magik didn't win. I find it hard to believe they pull out models, animations, move sets voices in like 2 months.

I assume Silk and maybe Mockingbird.

inky

I started to pay more attention to Danger Room scenarios today, the different affixes just see what I can reasonably do with my best and no so best geared heroes. Just a few thoughts:

- Some mobs are way overpowered. AIM Obliterators, Mutate Shamans, and usually energy/fire damage with DOT effects like infectious or Incinerators (the gang dudes with fire bottles) do insane damage that I'm sure is not comparable to other types of damage. In cosmic scenarios one hit of a Mutate Shaman flame thingy (unavoidable attack btw, it will chase you around) hit me for 60% of my HP. I'm at 2500 Omegas, almost all 69 recipes and no challenge bonuses/top tier artifacts, so not exactly up there, but I'm sure even much better geared characters suffer with some of these attacks (which can't even be avoided or cleansed after they inevitably hit you).

Now, this could be expected as I was doing them alone, for content probably a tier above what I should be doing (more on this ahead) and in some cases I did manage to finish the scenarios and beat these enemies, but even in weaker scenarios like green and blue the damage disparity was very noticeable, even ending in instant deaths. Some boss attacks suffer from this too, but I haven't faced them all yet. Interestingly enough, Electro seems fine and has been one of the easiest of the bunch.

Relative to other types of attacks (mental and phys), these do much more damage in every difficulty, and considering my damage mitigation is pretty even, it is likely you can take 10 times as many hits from other sources before you see your HP falter to the same degree, so it is reasonable for me to assume some mobs or damage types are the problem, not really the difficulty itself.

- Mini bosses (orange name enemies) don't drop anything at all (maybe green gear or such) in White-Blue-Green scenarios, yet are very likely to drop a unique in Purple-Cosmic ones. It feels like there could be a middle ground somewhere that the loot tables are not hitting or something. Obviously I haven't exhaustively tested all scenarios available, but I've played enough to say this with enough certainty and it seems like a weird outcome.

- Mini bosses also have a ton of HP that can border on the ridiculous depending on the enemy they fall on. Sometimes that makes them harder or take longer to kill than end bosses which really shouldn't be the case.

- Difficulty is wild and I'm not sure it is always down to rarity. The challenge rating is misleading and not really a good measure of how difficult a scenario will be. This is pretty obvious to anyone who has played a bit, but considering bonus merits vary according to the affixes it might as well not be there at all.

- Good hazards to have: fire trap, minefield, blizzard, lightning orb, falling debris, wrecking ball... I'm probably forgetting a few. Fire patches is easy to avoid in open areas, a nightmare in very closed maps, which seem to be most.

- Thunderstorm and floor spikes have been the worst. This obviously changes a bit from hero to hero with variations like movement speed and mobility skills, but overall these 2 are the worst for me. Floor spikes do a shit ton of damage and come out extremely quickly and are hard to avoid compared to stuff like minefield where you have all day to get out of the way. Maybe I'm bad but considering I always get 80 to 120ms latency anyway I just don't bother with scenarios that have those.

- Turrets and totems can be bad but can be worked around as well. Good option for "harder" scenarios that aren't actually a kick in the balls like some other affixes. I actually got a group of totems that were mini boss status. I don't know how much HP they had but I didn't stick around to find out (It was a shitton). I'm also not sure if their effect were vastly improved by this, but it didn't feel like it.

Favorite tileset so far is Marsh. I prefer the more open areas, but also better for solo play because it feels there are more mobs. Marsh with "wealthy" affix is incredible. Subway not so much. Bamboo forest is also good overall and fast to clear in my experience. Worst is AIM base, especially with floor hazards. Those damn obliterators are the worst enemy right now, come in packs of three and if you get a mini boss pack of them they can even kill you from offscreen before you even have time to react.

Picking tech barrels and cars let me did relatively harder scenarios than I thought I would.

I thought I would stick to doing blue scenarios to farm fast merits by myself and the occasional purple here and there, but the reality is that difficulty varies much more with which mini bosses you get or the tile you pick than the rarity itself, so from now on I think I can do only purples and cosmics provided I pick them carefully and avoid the harder enemies listed above. The rarity atm doesn't seem to be doing much of anything. I had problems with the same mobs/damage types across the board with 3 different characters. That is of course, ignoring the harder affixes I just won't do with any character because those are obviously meant for much better geared characters than I have.

Overall, the mode is definitely better than I anticipated before release. Can only get better from here too. The downside is that it isn't really there atm and I feel there are tons of inconsistencies. It's difficult at a glance to see where I stand but I imagine picking the right scenarios will become easier as I get more familiar with the system.

/1 am wall of text ;P

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Copy/paste that and post it as feedback on the official forums. Can't hurt. Rhaknar and I agree about dots like Contagious / mutate guys as well. They are way OP.

Bovineheim you can get with Eternity splinters right or is there another way to get them?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Bovineheim you can get with Eternity splinters right or is there another way to get them?

The portal recipe can drop from MK1 cards as well, which are generally the only thing you spend Cube Shards on. I have got it twice.

Dec

I started to pay more attention to Danger Room scenarios today, the different affixes just see what I can reasonably do with my best and no so best geared heroes. Just a few thoughts:

- Some mobs are way overpowered. AIM Obliterators, Mutate Shamans, and usually energy/fire damage with DOT effects like infectious or Incinerators (the gang dudes with fire bottles) do insane damage that I'm sure is not comparable to other types of damage. In cosmic scenarios one hit of a Mutate Shaman flame thingy (unavoidable attack btw, it will chase you around) hit me for 60% of my HP. I'm at 2500 Omegas, almost all 69 recipes and no challenge bonuses/top tier artifacts, so not exactly up there, but I'm sure even much better geared characters suffer with some of these attacks (which can't even be avoided or cleansed after they inevitably hit you).

AIM Obliterators have been OP for ever but these Shaman guys are ridiculous. You can't even stealth after they've shot the fireball, it will follow invisible units and once it hits it is like 4-5 seconds of 15% of your health per tick.

- Mini bosses (orange name enemies) don't drop anything at all (maybe green gear or such) in White-Blue-Green scenarios, yet are very likely to drop a unique in Purple-Cosmic ones. It feels like there could be a middle ground somewhere that the loot tables are not hitting or something. Obviously I haven't exhaustively tested all scenarios available, but I've played enough to say this with enough certainty and it seems like a weird outcome.

They drop two things off a small drop table in my experience. Unique, Starktech Cube, or purple insignia. 2 of any combination of those.

- Thunderstorm and floor spikes have been the worst. This obviously changes a bit from hero to hero with variations like movement speed and mobility skills, but overall these 2 are the worst for me. Floor spikes do a shit ton of damage and come out extremely quickly and are hard to avoid compared to stuff like minefield where you have all day to get out of the way. Maybe I'm bad but considering I always get 80 to 120ms latency anyway I just don't bother with scenarios that have those.

All traps show as blue mines on the ground and are visible before you set them off.

I also have only been soloing/1 other person the mode and I like it a lot more like that. It isn't as fast and it's harder but I don't get random one-shots solo. If I die it's cause I fucked up or didn't have something available when I needed it but thought I did.

Though health seems fine to me, nothing takes very long to die. Minibosses take longer for sure but they are optional in every scenario I've done, which is why they gave them good drops or else no one would touch them just like random bosses.

inky

Oh, I know you can see floor traps (similar to when you place them with someone like Deadpool or Black Panther) but I was testing how hard they hit and how long they take to appear if you run across them. In some rare cases they are going to be unavoidable, and you want to know what you can move out/survive and what not. I use a Ziggurat with Captain Marvel, so it's not even like I have to run across them most of the time, but floor spikes seem to come out too quickly and do more damage than the others. I'm speaking relatively here and I did check that my defense rating was even before doing that. Spike trap is almost instant, 2 or 3 of them in a row can leave you severely hurt, Fire trap takes a while to charge and the pillar's are of effect is rather small. They last longer, but are much more easily avoided. I think that is important information when picking scenarios.

And I know you've been doing cosmics because you are well geared, but mini boss HP in blue/purple, even green scenarios is well over where it should be when it takes more time to kill them than a double Mega Sentinel at the end of a simulation, considering the more entry level gear you are using to run those. That's without using ult too.

And then there's the loot. If the loot table is Unique/Stark Tech Cube/ Insignia (Team Up Gear is also possible from what I've seen) then that explains why almost nothing drops in green or lower, which is another reason to probably skip them if you are doing those. I don't think that should be the case tho. There should be a risk/reward element to them regardless of rarity. When there's no reward in half the rarities and they take longer there's just no reason, but then filling the bar is even slower. That's obviously a much smaller issue than the damage of some mobs, but it would be a good QOL change for people who head straight into scenarios with a fresh 60.

I also like doing them solo. Some of them you can rush the objectives, others you have to advance carefully and clear every corridor before moving on. I like that strategic aspect.

Dec

Ah I see. I can definitely dash or sprint over the spike traps without taking damage but maybe it's a ping issue.

inky

It could be for sure. It's very rare, but I've had things load into play before I can see them and my ping isn't great overall.

Magik's updated P5 costume. For the TU only, for now.

oXGOPp4.jpg

Definitely looks much better than the current version. I'll be keen to see it in game.

Favorite tileset so far is Marsh. I prefer the more open areas, but also better for solo play because it feels there are more mobs. Marsh with "wealthy" affix is incredible. Subway not so much. Bamboo forest is also good overall and fast to clear in my experience. Worst is AIM base, especially with floor hazards.

Marsh is my most hated tileset. I have bombed out on that map more than any other. Its too open and easier to get overwhelmed there.
Bamboo Forest is my favorite. It looks nice, has lots of choke points and is somewhere that my team of randoms can consistently clear without too many probs.

Anoregon

Sweet earmuffs, magik.

Also, kitty changes on TC:

Today's Test Center update contains some hero changes for Kitty Pryde:

All Lockheed powers have had their damage significantly increased.
Dragon Breath and Shadow & Flame have had their animations sped up.
Kitty can now gain Spirit on crit from Ogun's Training at half the normal rate while using Lockheed.
Watch Your Step and Heartbreaker now both grant a Brutal Damage bonus in addition to Critical Damage.
Quicksand now has a much larger area of effect.
Shadow & Flame no longer exhibits a bug in which the flames do not show up when the player's attack speed is too high.

Dec

Dec 18-31 - Winter Event(overlap with ARMOR and Mystic Mayhem)
Dec 18-25 - A.R.M.O.R. - The Duck Arrives!
Dec 24-31 - Mystic Mayhem - Without Midtown Demons since that requires a patch and we will not be patching that week.
Jan 1-7 - Operation Omega

For the duration of the Winter Event, we will be running 100% server side bonuses for XP/RIF/SIF instead of the normal ARMOR and Mystic Mayhem amounts.

As was done last year, there will be daily login gifts during each day of the Winter Event this year. Those will be announced very soon!

The Winter Event is available for testing! The event functions similarly to the Halloween event where power-up buffs will drop anywhere in the game. See below for the official info.

Winter Spirit Buffs - Get into the holiday spirit with buffs that display a snowflake above your hero! These buffs drop anywhere in game - collect 5 snowflake buffs to receive a holiday lootsplosion!

This all points to a Friday patch containing Howard the Duck and Iron Fist. As stated there is no patch next week so there is no where else for Iron Fist besides maybe Monday/Tuesday.

On Halloween event loot vs. Winter event

They will have some different items including a chance of a Crimson Box!

Apparently cosmic going to take half as long during the Winter event????

Confirmation of Iron Fist on Friday

We will be patching this week (most likely friday) with all the changes on Test Center now, including Iron Fist!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp I should have saved some MM boxes for iron fist lol. oh well

also funny story about those mutate shamans and their stupid fireball dot, I once tried a purple chip with storm, my storm is well geared but has fuck all health to be fair (19k), but still, everytime I got to the objective with her (it was that marsh objective with all the Xs on the temple) I just got instantly 1 shot by those fireballs, I couldnt even dodge them, it was hilarious. and it was a purple not cosmic

edit: also wheres my confirmation of a xmas sale Dec? huh? HUH?

Lashley

Levelled Gambit up to lvl 60.

He isn't completely awful. I thought he'd be terrible, pleasantly surprised.

Dec

edit: also wheres my confirmation of a xmas sale Dec? huh? HUH?

We know it's coming just not when.

I pmed Ryolnir about that and the variants and he said he'd check the date and get back to me but never did. They were trying to get Danger Room out so I didn't bug him anymore.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Asros has said during winter event cosmic xp will take half amount to level

im guessing Asros has took cosmiccupcakes job considering hes posting event details

also
UC__MarvelItem_Loot_InfinityGemPoint_SF

UC__MarvelDestructible_SkrullShip_Dest03_SF
UC__MarvelAgent_Giganto_SF

UC__MarvelPlayer_DeadPool_XMen_SF

doctor doom christmas ?

UC__PowerTeamUp_HolidayDoctorDoom_AwayEmpowerProcEffect_SF

new pet

UC__MarvelVanityPet_IceGolem_SF

Anoregon

GREEN DOCTOR DOOM TEAMUP CONFIRMED FOR FREE CHRISTMAS PRESENT THANKS GAZ

probably not :(

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
They deleted my thread. I posted on tc forum do we get to test holiday doom. Got a second warning too lol

Anoregon

Well to be fair posting about unrevealed datamined shit has always been a no-no.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the thing bout data mine being wrong

The files are on my computer right now taking up space ffs

Indignate

I only die in Danger Room cuz I'm still a scrub at melee and get hit by shit I should be avoiding and then I rage BB and TP in to die again.

I also feel inadequate cuz I play shit characters and they do shit damage so while I'm still running in circles trying to take out one group of yellows or wtv in a safe manner, Dec has taken out like 3 and I'm like ok fine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I only die in Danger Room cuz I'm still a scrub at melee and get hit by shit I should be avoiding and then I rage BB and TP in to die again.

I also feel inadequate cuz I play shit characters and they do shit damage so while I'm still running in circles trying to take out one group of yellows or wtv in a safe manner, Dec has taken out like 3 and I'm like ok fine.

Or you're just shit. Embrace it like I do and let Dec carry you to merits heaven

Dec

I played Iron Fist on test for like 2 hours and man... I have no idea how I'm going to settle on playing him.

He's actually really complicated and theorycrafting builds takes way more thought than usual.

I can safely say I don't want to play the 5 stance spec. That's just using his equivalant of Star-lords load ammo skill for all stances, a spirit spender and his signature in a rigid rotation.

Dual Stance lets you stay in two stances permanently, gaining all benefits that both give. This is the highest DPS spec I'm sure, but it limits options inherently because you only have access to two of his 5 stances and the others may as well not exist. Picking which two are your favorite, or work well together is really hard.

Single stance makes that stances buffs 2x as strong but you never leave that stance for anything. Interesting but also limiting, the most simple spec.

No spec seems the most interesting for gameplay to me. You can switch to any stance whenever you want (they have a 16s cooldown each) so you can decide what you want at that time.

Dragon stance has a cone aoe that makes enemies hit by it take 30% more damage from you for 6 seconds (stacking with his 10% vuln) but otherwise dragon stance isn't very good (deflect rating and toughness while in the stance) so you can switch to Dragon stance, vuln them up for 30% more damage, switch to Serpent stance (makes your signature deal 2x damage but single target instead of aoe) and use your signature to go with the 30% extra damage. Then drop an aoe hotspot while in Serpent and switch to Leopard for some aoe punching action or Tiger for some single target crits.

I'm definitely going to try no spec and dual spec a lot but I have no idea which one I'll stick with. Not really feeling 5 stances and single stance specs.

Top Bottom