• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

inky

dat motherfucking Carol Denvers movie. Death, do NOT fuck with me, dont take me before I see that pls >_<

I'll be so old by then. =(

Gaz, get on this please. PLEASE:

B1DffjMCUAEN6Z5.jpg:large

I need it now. I beg you.

Drayco21

Gaz has a ten year contract minimum with Marvel, they're in for the long haul. Playable Black Bolt hopefully won't be held all the way to the movie though.

This game needs a better display for purchasable costumes. Those portraits do not represent the product you get very well... and if I can't see what it looks like on a hero there's no reason to buy it.

Gaz has a ten year contract minimum with Marvel, they're in for the long haul. Playable Black Bolt hopefully won't be held all the way to the movie though.

Huh. Surprising that they released the game the state it was in, if that's the case.

Marvel Heroes at release was really quite something.

LuuKyK

This game needs a better display for purchasable costumes. Those portraits do not represent the product you get very well... and of I can't see what it looks like on a hero there's no reason to buy it.

Huh. Surprising that they released the game the state it was in, if that's the case.

Marvel Heroes at release was really quite something.

Yeah, the game needs a 3D display of the costumes. Something like Dota.

inky

I know they do. Having a 10 year contract with Marvel doesn't guarantee the game will last 10 years.

Sblargh

Banned
I see no reason why a very good F2P game built around huge popular IPs that becomes more mainstream each year wouldn't last 10 years.

I mean, suddenly they can release Star-Lord and Rocket Racoon and make a lot of money on them. Each movie they can re-hype the game with That New Hero You Just Learned How To Love.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i didnt mean todays database update but, something is coming soon that isnt jugg's due to the hidden dev tracker posts last night. obviously something being mentioned by the devs thats hidden. normally when this happened before it consisted of things like taskmaster coming few days later and stuff.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This game needs a better display for purchasable costumes. Those portraits do not represent the product you get very well... and if I can't see what it looks like on a hero there's no reason to buy it.

They really do. I bought the Superior Spiderman thinking he was going to walk around using Doc Ock style arms like the pictures on their website make it look. Thought it was going to stand out significantly, when it's mostly just a color change if you don't have the volume up. Huge waste even at half off, would have been really pissed if I paid full price.

And in the other direction, the Star Lord movie costume looks terrible in the pictures but a lot better than the standard costume in-game. I almost didn't even bother equipping it (bought the pack during cosmic week) until I saw somebody else using it.

i didnt mean todays database update but, something is coming soon that isnt jugg's due to the hidden dev tracker posts last night. obviously something being mentioned by the devs thats hidden. normally when this happened before it consisted of things like taskmaster coming few days later and stuff.

You're overthinking this (it happens pretty frequently, most times leading to nothing special). It's likely TC related stuff. Either setting up for today's public build or an internal alpha build for the Thor rework.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lords of the Fallen being broken means I can focus on Juggs. wheres mah Juggs at?

if I dont have my Juggs by thursday, Im blaming Frostinferno

Dec

Can’t Be Stopped now converts Tenacity Rating into Critical Rating at a 50% ratio.

A hero that can use Tenacity finally. He also needed another way to get crit rating pretty badly.

Looks like some really great changes to Jugg today.

Indignate

You're telling me that I have to go through a whole other Avengers movie before I get a Carol Danvers one?

You're killing me Marvel.

GManDH

Can’t Be Stopped now converts Tenacity Rating into Critical Rating at a 50% ratio.

A hero that can use Tenacity finally. He also needed another way to get crit rating pretty badly.

Looks like some really great changes to Jugg today.

WAIT WHAT??? jugg uses tenacity??

KePoW

Banned
Not trying to be sarcastic with you people, but I use Youtube before paying real money for any costume. They're all on there.

Gothos

YouTube? Pff, just download Test Center and check out any costume or a hero in the game itself :) It's the best option in the long run.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
None of that changes the fact that the store should have a 3d model preview

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they have changed a the ui settings again for better. off screen indicators will dissapear when moving an item or highlighting over a skill, where as before they wouldnt. (test center)

Damn, saw the patch notification as I was leaving last night and thought they may have bumped Juggs release a day haha..

Going to be a good weekend though!

Rhaknar

so, Juggs alt (and by that I mean advance pack alt) is the stupid classic, but do weknow if the black will come out in the store with Jugg?

if so I should have saved some Gs >_>

also I hope I like Jugg because its the first time I felt like having a "main", im actually glad I saved the 4 blessings I got months ago (not the 4 summon ones I have on rocket, the other popular dps one) in the bank

Finished speccin' Gambit up with his uniques (those damn boots eluded me, so I ended up just buying the 600k upgrade - managed to get like 10 of every other unique!).

Onto Wolverine now, who I only have one level 60 unique for.

Such a good event, hope they run a similar boost like this more often!

I made this gif for a thread on the official forums, where they were saying how great its textures were. I may as well post it here too.

iBCuEQtyt9nH8.gif

Either the above one, or the futuristic one with the metal armor and lights are Hulks best costume, IMO.
I was lucky enough to get Gladiator Hulk as a random roll a while back. I think that is a pretty great outfit too.

That looks incredible.

I have Hulk's Planet Hulk outfit (rolled the other day in the Haloween bags) but I kind of wanted the NOW! outfit as I love the metal work for Banner form.

Now I want that one too haha..

Rhaknar

I dont understand the hype around Cancerverse Hulk :(

is it enhanced or something? All I see is hulk with horns and spikes on his arms :/

I have Hulk's Planet Hulk outfit (rolled the other day in the Haloween bags) but I kind of wanted the NOW! outfit as I love the metal work for Banner form.

Banner form? is that a 52 review thing?

inky

So I think I'm gonna get Shuri and 1 Iron Man costume just to take advantage of the sale. I don't think there is really anything else I genuinely want. I have alts for everyone except Widow, but her default is her best anyway.

inky

YUCK. Those 2 especially are League of Legends tier of awful. Sorry to say.

1st one is Tron Katarina,

z88XFO4.png

second one is Master Yi Widow.

hZNGa5L.png

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. No thanks.

Rhaknar

It's the detail of the costume. It's a step above most everything else.

that IS detailed... but its a game where you play 99% of the time with the camera pulled back :(

also every time you post I get excited. every time you post and its not about news, I get sad. stop posting when its not about news! >_<

Lord Phol

They sure are putting alot of effort and time into Juggernaut. I guess that's what happens when you don't have to release 4 QoLs and a rework alongside him. If there's one thing i dislike about gaz it's their inconsistency in quality and how they are very informative/talkative about certain things while others times they just stay quiet.

No, sorry, from the comics - the metal is for when Hulk changes back into Banner (so he's not stark naked haha).

Yeah I love his Marvel NOW! costume. I dont' even own or play Hulk but I kind of want to grab it since it's on sale and it's awesome.

Sblargh

Banned
I think Wolvie is kind of boring, too. I have him at level 28 or something and not feeling it.

Otoh, I wasn't feeling Ghost Rider, too, and now he is basically my main, so good. I stacked him with HP (28K now), am at almost 50% chance of both crit and brut. Judgment (which is his regular spirit-spending attack) often hits in the millions. Got a core that has +1 speed, +1 energy, +1 strenght because I basically don't need to heal, since I survive so much.

I also like the playstyle; high HP, good HP regen, simple rotation, no toggles. I'm really into it.

KePoW

Banned
second one is Master Yi Widow.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. No thanks.

HAHA

That's exactly what I thought about the blonde BW... I'm like, they fucking copied Master Yi ! The helmet looks freakin awful, which is too bad because otherwise you can tell it's a cool costume. I want to see her face

KePoW

Banned
Those LoL comparisons are really stretching it.

I don't really think the Katarina one is valid, but the Master Yi helmet is straight copy haha

That's literally the first thing I thought when I saw that BW costume the first time. "That's Master Yi !!"

(I've never seen it in comix before)

Drayco21

I don't really think the Katarina one is valid, but the Master Yi helmet is straight copy haha

That's literally the first thing I thought when I saw that BW costume the first time. "That's Master Yi !!"

(I've never it in comix before)

The costume debuted in Dark Reign: Thunderbolts months before League of Legends even came out. It's super unlikely it had any bearing on the design.

KePoW

Banned
The costume debuted in Dark Reign: Thunderbolts months before League of Legends even came out. It's super unlikely it had any bearing on the design.

ah okay, but I'm pretty sure think that LoL & Master Yi was designed well before that time

also I don't really mind who copied who... the main thing is I hate that helmet for BW! because I have a feeling the blonde BW is a hottie underneath that helmet, so I hate that costume

Dec

The costume came out nearly at the same time (the month after) the very first closed beta for LoL ever started, at that point LoL was a tiny little shit indie game, ever seen footage and reviews for the game from that point?

I seriously doubt it inspired her design, more likely inspired by Splinter Cell. Not to mention there's literally not a single thing similar besides the green dots.

Rhaknar

Those LoL comparisons are really stretching it.

yup. because the first thing you think of when you see thunderbolts Widow is some LOL character that looks nothing like her and not, you know, the obvious inspiration

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist-sam-fisher.jpg

come on now...come on

Sblargh

Banned
how exactly did you get that?? counting or not counting blessings

I'm using an Omega Drive, an advanced crystal of cyttorak and an Advanced Super Soldier Serum. The other artifact is a GotK; the only one that doesn't give health.

His uniques also give a good ammount of health; I'm also using that relic that gives double health instead of health + something; pet gives a little bit... power cosmic another 1500... I don't remember my insignia now, but there's probably more health there. It adds up.

Edit: here

inky

LOL, you guys are too much. I know what Sam Fisher looks like Rhak, and I wasn't even suggesting one copied the other or that they look exactly the same or anything like that. I just said they are "the same tier of awful" because they reminded me of those particular designs.

The fact that there's twice as many green lights in the headgear as there are in Sam's for example, even if one is closer to the other. It just looks too busy, a trademark of early ugly LoL design:

HUrOchA.jpg

And i just used that Kat's image for reference. The in game model looks similar enough (straight long red hair, crossed, ginormous daggers behind her back with the Tron Fear Itself component to Nat's) to make the association in my head and call it "Tron Katarina" just for kicks. How is that hard to process?

nzqTQ1J.jpg

I don't see why they would need to be exactly the same thing from top to be able to make a comparison. You say Master Yi "looks nothing like her", I mean, well duh, they are going for different things, but I say "the headgear looks similar enough" to dislike it on that basis alone.

Geez, I feel like I need to spell out every little thing. Even Kepow can keep up. ;P

KePoW

Banned
I'm using an Omega Drive, an advanced crystal of cyttorak and an Advanced Super Soldier Serum. The other artifact is a GotK; the only one that doesn't give health.

His uniques also give a good ammount of health; I'm also using that relic that gives double health instead of health + something; pet gives a little bit... power cosmic another 1500... I don't remember my insignia now, but there's probably more health there. It adds up.

Sorry, I meant 50% Brutal...you really have that?

Top Bottom