• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

KePoW

Banned
I don't see why they would need to be exactly the same thing from top to be able to make a comparison. You say Master Yi "looks nothing like her", I mean, well duh, they are going for different things, but I say "the headgear looks similar enough" to dislike it on that basis alone.

Geez, I feel like I need to spell out every little thing. Even Kepow can keep up. ;P

heck ya buddie!! that's what I meant too!

Dec

I was talking to Kepow about Yi.

It's like it's impossible to follow a conversation....

Original comment stands though, the comparisons are stretching it under any metric.

Well I really like the Thunderbolts Widow costume and was glad to buy it on sale. Very detailed and I don't care to see the face of my toons at the camera distance I play at (default zoom out). My $0.02.

I would find that hard to believe with the mass popularity of Steam.

I guess it depends what number they define as "small fraction"

They mean that the game isn't nearly as successful as they have hyped it up to be in terms of player base. It's a lot better off to dismiss the Steam stats and say they aren't the full picture, when they are likely well over half the player base. Probably more.

inky

They mean that the game isn't nearly as successful as they have hyped it up to be in terms of player base. It's a lot better off to dismiss the Steam stats and say they aren't the full picture, when they are likely well over half the player base. Probably more.

Most likely.

We should also note that Steam stats usually represent about 10% of the total number of people who log in during the day, so 2k concurrent means 20k people played that day, etc. This is a stat shared by a lot of devs and tracking sites, so it's not baseless speculation either.

Does anyone here use their launcher? I remember back before this was on Steam that the launcher sucked. If the current iteration is anything like the TC client, it is still crap. Especially for patching.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that nonsense every week.

KePoW

Banned
Does anyone here use their launcher? I remember back before this was on Steam that the launcher sucked. If the current iteration is anything like the TC client, it is still crap. Especially for patching.

Yeah their own launcher sucks/sucked. I have no interest in using the non-Steam version

Geared Wolvey with all 60 uniques last night and have all but Thor's slot 1 Mjolnir at 60 now too, so I should hopefully have another two toons geared up tonight.

Probably hit Storm next, she's only missing a 60 slot 1.

Had to buy a couple extra stash tabs last night. This event is KILLING me for Stash space. So many damn Any Hero uniques. Going to have to go through all my pets tonight and burn through some unwanted uniques.

I found it similarly terrible back after launch.

When I came back to the game on the new PC, it was Steam all the way.

Seem to have to wait longer for the updates to go live of course, but I'm in bed anyway when they launch.

I found it similarly terrible back after launch.

When I came back to the game on the new PC, it was Steam all the way.

Seem to have to wait longer for the updates to go live of course, but I'm in bed anyway when they launch.
They always launch while I'm at work. When I get home I just turn on Steam and have the patch within minutes. Whereas, anytime I try to patch the Test Center, it takes ages.

They always launch while I'm at work. When I get home I just turn on Steam and have the patch within minutes. Whereas, anytime I try to patch the Test Center, it takes ages.

I gave up on the Test Centre a while ago, but I really should get it downloaded again so I can check out the new characters and have an idea of builds before I start on the main account.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Havok team up is coming with Jugg right? Finally something new to go with X characters... but then again, isnt Havok a avenger these days? damn my canon obcession >_<

Drayco21

Havok team up is coming with Jugg right? Finally something new to go with X characters... but then again, isnt Havok a avenger these days? damn my canon obcession >_<

He's part of the Avengers Unity squad that's supposed to bridge the X-Men and Avengers post AvX.
He knows, like all sane people, that Cyclops was wrong

I gave up on the Test Centre a while ago, but I really should get it downloaded again so I can check out the new characters and have an idea of builds before I start on the main account.
Multi-Spec makes it so much faster to try out different builds on TC. I love it.

Also, speaking of TC, Juggs got another update today. They've enhanced both his brawler and movement builds with the recent changes (although, I think they dropped some of his tankiness via lower damage mitigation on toggles). They've made a ton of changes in the past few day. I'm impressed.

Rolled the dice on buying one Halloween Bag and managed to get the Brood Wolverine Team Up from it. Thank god, I was really worried my OCD with this shit was going to cause me to end up dropping $40 for it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rolled the dice on buying one Halloween Bag and managed to get the Brood Wolverine Team Up from it. Thank god, I was really worried my OCD with this shit was going to cause me to end up dropping $40 for it.

how much is 1 bag? because my OCD is itching (even tho I would never use it because why would a brood infested Wolverine team up with anyone)

how much is 1 bag? because my OCD is itching (even tho I would never use it because why would a brood infested Wolverine team up with anyone)

He's a wolverine brood hybrid clone that has been exposed to the brood version of the x gene making the brood part of him docile like Broo...so essentially he's an ugly wolverine.

$4.50

I feel you though, I'm kind of the same. Teaming him up with Ghost Rider at the moment and just calling it a Halloween theme. Plus it's someone to go with the villains, maybe.

inky

Did a blender and got Emma Frost Marvel Now. Worse things have happened I guess.

Edit: how's the Iron Man Guardians costume. Looked crappy in the comic but most armor does. The pic in the game looks decent tho.

Rhaknar

He's a wolverine brood hybrid clone that has been exposed to the brood version of the x gene making the brood part of him docile like Broo...so essentially he's an ugly wolverine.

nice try but no. I might pop an aneurism, half my brain completionist OCD must have him, half my brain canon OCD must not

and before you ask, yes all my characters have a canon team up. no I never use them as passives

Firestar is the hard one to fit in, but shes been in some random X team right? or some new avengers type deal? both?

inky

Fuck it. Got Rocket Enhanced, Shuri, Lady Loki, GOTG Iron Man and got exactly 725 Gs left. Hopefully I get enough time to enjoy them all soon.

Drayco21

easy awnser, but not canon. my OCD doesnt work in "but still" :(

Firestar actually has canonically teamed up with Iceman and Spider-Man semi-regularly, even if it wasn't necessarily like the cartoon. She was actually one of Spidey's go-to allies in Maximum Carnage (alongside Venom and Black Cat, to expand those connective points to other playable characters), among other examples.

She was a New Warrior alongside Nova.

She was a member of Wolverine's X-Men and a teacher at the Jean Grey Institute alongside Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Colossus, Storm, and Beast. Plus, she was one of Emma Frost's Hellions.

She joined the Avengers in Volume 3, and served alongside Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther and The Vision.

Honestly? She canonically fits in with almost the whole cast, outside of some of the really fringe guys like Star-Lord, or most the playable villains.

Rhaknar

Firestar actually has canonically teamed up with Iceman and Spider-Man semi-regularly, even if it wasn't necessarily like the cartoon. She was actually one of Spidey's go-to allies in Maximum Carnage (alongside Venom and Black Cat, to expand those connective points to other playable characters), among other examples.

She was a New Warrior alongside Nova.

She was a member of Wolverine's X-Men and a teacher at the Jean Grey Institute alongside Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Colossus, Storm, and Beast. Plus, she was one of Emma Frost's Hellions.

She joined the Avengers in Volume 3, and served alongside Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther and The Vision.

Honestly? She canonically fits in with almost the whole cast, outside of some of the really fringe guys like Star-Lord, or most the playable villains.

you are a gentleman, and also of course, a scholar

Moondrop

Banned
I do; I don't understand what the fuss is about. A couple of times lately the download rate has gone to to zero and I've manually restarted the launcher... probably unnecessary.

Repulsor Blast, Unibeam, and One-Off? That's not Havok, that's Iron Man. His passives are really good though for energy heroes. Probably the best stat stick Team-Up for those that don't have Dr. Doom.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh no, they picked the ugly Havoc costume? You mean they picked...a Havoc costume? I'll have to get him just so I can team him up with Hawkeye's default costume and have heroes that were rejected out of the Sinister Six because the Shocker and Electro thought they looked too silly.

Oh no, they picked the ugly Havoc costume? You mean they picked...a Havoc costume?

These are better:

Havok3.jpg

Havok.jpg

1274484376-16693-183.jpg

This one I don't care for but its still better than the one they used.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wow, Havoc's early 90s costume. It looks like somebody say Gambit and thought "Sure, okay, but what if he was wearing a denim jacket instead of the trenchcoat?"

I never liked those headgear pieces that so many characters had (Gambit, Jean Scott, Havok, etc...). Even as a kid, I thought they looked stupid.

Top Bottom