• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ryolnir said juggs may not come out tomorrow due to many client crashes that they may not fix in time, if it isnt ready in time there will be a small patch for bug fixes and im guessing omega/halloween overlap.

If Juggy doesn't go this week, it is solely because we do not want to release a build with frequent client crashes.

Wolverine's a lot of fun. The only unfortunate thing is that the Brood Costume (normally awesome) has a bugged running animation, which means Wolverine runs with his arms flailing about instead of having them in a battle-ready stance with the claws out.

On the TC they had both the Omega and Pumpmin events running. Monday is gonna be nuts with both of those and Midtown Monday.

What sort of server-side buff will that deliver?

Also, they need to add a display for server-side buffs.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
this is for test center but will obviously apply tomorrow

he Halloween and Omega event are still both active! More information on the Omega Server Side boosts will be coming shortly.

Shared Quests will give Omega Files as a bonus, as well as the Trick or Treat buffs! Additionally, players who complete the Shared Quest between Midnight and when the patch goes live will be eligible for the Daily Bonus again after the patch. This is to prevent players from accidentally missing out on the event items.

One Shot bosses Mr. Hyde and Man-Ape will once again give Trick or Treat buffs as a daily bonus!

Trick or Treat buffs are visible again and should have a more regular droprate.

What sort of server-side buff will that deliver?

Also, they need to add a display for server-side buffs.
They really do need that.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/145331/test-center-halloween-omega-event
TheCosmicCupcake said:
New Event Stuff!

The Halloween and Omega event are still both active! More information on the Omega Server Side boosts will be coming shortly.

Shared Quests will give Omega Files as a bonus, as well as the Trick or Treat buffs! Additionally, players who complete the Shared Quest between Midnight and when the patch goes live will be eligible for the Daily Bonus again after the patch. This is to prevent players from accidentally missing out on the event items.

One Shot bosses Mr. Hyde and Man-Ape will once again give Trick or Treat buffs as a daily bonus!

Trick or Treat buffs are visible again and should have a more regular droprate.
Note: I think there was a bug regarding ToT and the One Shots on the last TC build and the visible note is because ToT drops were bugged as invisible (like the Exp Orbs from the boxes recently).

The only thing they could really do with that is put in announcement messages that you'd see (those pink text messages in chat). Nothing that would be a buff you can mouse over as that'd be client-side.

They made the game and the servers. I'm sure they can figure something out.

Then again, crafting mats couldn't stack at launch because of engine limitations... or something like that.

What will Indignate do when X-23 releases and she's a garbage Wolverine clone like we all know she will be?

I'll still take her to 60. Getting closer to that 200%.

Damn, not sounding good for Juggy. Hopefully they sort it out though as I've got nothing doing this weekend and would like to try him out.

They made the game and the servers. I'm sure they can figure something out.

What you're asking for (as I understand anyway) would be tech that would negate the need for patching altogether. Given that Gaz is inept at doing even hotfixes, there is no way in hell they'll find the way to do something like this.

New Amazing Spider-Man costume (With Chris Daniel Barnes VO too, apparently):

4C5IcY3.jpg

Edit: From the front -

A9qRCv4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4C5IcY3.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/A9qRCv4.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

So, will this make Spider-Man the first hero to have two enhanced costumes?

Sorta surprised Iron Man's wardrobe hasn't broken the record yet...

Drayco21

That looks fantastic. Still waiting for a Josh Keaton voiced Costume though.

Deadpool has two, going on three (I think Deadpool the Kid is coming as both costume and team-up, isn't he?)

inky

Technically it already has 2. 3 if you are reaching a bit.

And I imagine they are reusing the VO from the black costume + no new effects.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Juggernaut and Omega event delayed till next week (along with possibly Thor 52R).

At least we get a week of Midtown Madness + Halloween. Going to have more Uniques than we know what to do with.

oh well, gives me time to finish Lords of the Fallen. sucks for those that wanted him tomorow tho. Its also getting dangerously close to Warlords, but meh, Juggernaut or no Juggernaut that game was always going to steal ppl away if only for the first month of the xpac as usual

Holy shit @ new Spidey costume. Dem creases. They really need to go back to all past costumes and give them creases (where applicable).

A little disappointed at the Juggernaut delay, was looking forward to playing him over the weekend but I understand. They did a bang on job with him from what I played. love the momentum mechanic.

Drayco21

Juggernaut and Omega event delayed till next week (along with possibly Thor 52R).

At least we get a week of Midtown Madness + Halloween. Going to have more Uniques than we know what to do with.

I guess it was only a matter of time before we came on a patch so broken even Gaz wants to hold it back. Fair enough; better to play Juggernaut when he's functional and the game isn't on fire, and if they can release him alongside the 52 for Thor, all the better.

Holy shit @ new Spidey costume. Dem creases. They really need to go back to all past costumes and give them creases (where applicable).

There's a lot of models that need updating, in my opinion, and Spider-Man was right up there with Doctor Strange as far as needing a solid revamp. Hopefully the good Doctor is next, the man needs his glorious cape.

Dec

No Jugg and Midtown Madness...

MM is the worst

Also stuck with zoomed in raid camera for another whole week.

I'm probably one of the few who doesn't mind this delay...

(I should be studying anyway, and this will also give more time to get the splinters for Juggernaut). Hope the event login gift stays as the Halloween box for another week too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
...i forgot to log in today. does that reset it back to day 1? o_O

I think it's replacing the default outfit, actually.

From the side:
http://i.imgur.com/UfekNeJ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I suppose a costume review would be the next step after all of the hero reviews. Especially having seen the new halloween costumes, which are a step above everything else.

Xenocthul

That Spider-Man costume looks absolutely amazing. Juggernaut being delayed is kind of annoying but that's definitely a better alternative than the game constantly crashing.

I dun goofed. I forgot that the default costume was "Modern" and not "Classic". Yeah, they basically do look nearly identical, atm.

They should do this upgrade for his Modern one and give us a real classic one, webbed underarms and all. :3

Top Bottom