• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Drayco21

This seems relevant

C8eG7fw.png

Dec

1 min Kurse time is really good for someone that can't teleport. The commanders are the slowest part of MK's farming, could take a zigg but that's now 5 items I carry around at all times to equip in different situations.

Wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't stutter as you open your inventory.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hope Juggy is up tomorrow. I want to run around and smash stuff!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
SQUEEEEEEEEEE

Thor's rework has been my most anticipated since... forever. He's sucked since launch, basically. So fucking excited, I hope they don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up, Gaz.

Next up, Hulk, who also really needs it. Both characters I love but who've sucked in this game for everrrrrrrrrrrr. So glad they're getting some love.

inky

Thor didn't suck, he just wasn't that great and a few powers overlapped, but he was decent. He wasn't in a launch Wolverine or Thing situation.

KePoW

Banned
SQUEEEEEEEEEE

Thor's rework has been my most anticipated since... forever. He's sucked since launch, basically. So fucking excited, I hope they don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up, Gaz.

Next up, Hulk, who also really needs it. Both characters I love but who've sucked in this game for everrrrrrrrrrrr. So glad they're getting some love.

Thor is actually pretty good effectiveness-wise right now. Not OP or anything, but I wouldn't consider him bad by any means

Hulk I would consider in the sub-par category lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Thor didn't suck, he just wasn't that great and a few powers overlapped, but he was decent. He wasn't in a launch Wolverine or Thing situation.

I was actually under the impression that Thor at launch was one of the better heroes, he just got left behind as the game changed and other heroes were introduced/revamped.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Thor's about as durable as a wet tissue though, which is just wrong on so many levels. That's my biggest problem with him, clunky kit aside. Dead heroes do 0 DPS, and Thor is hella dead most of the time, and I tried building him about as tanky as possible.

inky

I was actually under the impression that Thor at launch was one of the better heroes, he just got left behind as the game changed and other heroes were introduced/revamped.

Yea, that's a way of putting it. The worst thing was that they kept messing with his abilities and changed God Blast around a few times (I can't even remember the previous names it went by) until it was the only thing you needed to use. Back then most heroes were very basic, and builds revolved around a couple of attacks.

Then Gaz realized they were good devs and began raising the bar with every new hero/review so I guess now he feels like that, but I think he's held up pretty well for how far the game has come.

Wallach

You're only popping back in this topic 'cause it's Thor being discussed, huh?
:p

'Gon be sweet. Plus with all this silly hybrid gear any hybrid getting a 52 review has a good chance of being OP (or even a QoL update as it was with Psylocke). Am definitely looking forward to bringing Thor out of retirement.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
That is now his Ultimate.

nope doomsaw said ages ago that it would be his signature and his ultimate would stay roughly same.

and for patching the plan is. patch goes up on test center soon (hopefully addressing crashing which people test) if it goes well then juggs and omega patch tomorrow. if it doesnt work, or patch doesnt go up then a small patch tomorrow to fix bugs and they run midtown madness and halloween. till monday/tuesday for patch.

Thor's new signature looks amazing.
I've just geared him up with this event in preparation for the 52 review. Hope they don't stuff him up..

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You have it backwards. Anti-Force is staying the same as his Sig and Godblast is going to be his new Ult (it'll have a buff component too like his current Ult).

thats shit orginally it was gonna be his sig but that was in early mode. ahwell still cool though

Things are looking good for Juggs & Omega Event tomorrow.

Ryolnir said:
Yes, we believe the spirit bar was causing the crash (it was a UI crash). The more people who play as Juggy for a bit today, the more confident we can be in our fix.

The current TC build has the basic spirit gauge graphics for Juggs (although it still will be momentum and act accordingly). I'm fine with this being how we need to have Juggs for a bit (until a fix is found to use the custom GFX without an UI crash).

Edit:
Ryolnir said:
We won't know until tonight if the crash was defeated. The patch will be tomorrow morning either way. I'm logging into TC now to play as Juggy to give us more data! (On my secret account.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that Thor spell looks awesome, I already loved vanilla Thor, cant wait for the review

inky

After waiting all this time for multi spec I can make it another week. TBH I thought they'd forgot about it.

Drayco21

Man, that Thor Ult looks gorgeous. Between this and the new Spidey model, the art team has really been putting the work in.

Semi-off-topic.

Axis Hobgoblin magazine is the surprise of the month for me. So good.

As a whole, Axis has been phenomenal, inverted Hobgoblin ended up being a blast, and I can't believe they actually sold me on the Carnage Man shit. Can't wait to see more on their Axis tie-in for the game.

Wolverine did not suck. He was just mechanically boring and the only effective thing he could do involved pressing 2 buttons as fast as humanly possible.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Semi-off-topic.

Axis Hobgoblin magazine is the surprise of the month for me. So good.

I thought this was a Destiny post in the wrong thread because Axis Hobgoblins are totally a thing

also some of y'all have pretty weird definitions of "sucks". "Is technically effective" =/= "doesn't suck to play." Sure, you may be able to make Thor work to some extent if you really want to. You could totally play Wolverine before his 52. In either case though, why on god's green earth would you want to when there are many heroes that are more fun AND more effective?

Official word on the Spider-Man costume:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1858270#Comment_1858270
Lord said:
We are still hashing out the details on this release. However, I can say that due to certain logistics (Approval, VO, Motion Comics, etc...) This will NOT replace the default costume. This will be an additional costume. This will NOT be considered an enhanced costume.

On a more positive side, Lord said this on the very next page:
Lord said:
I think it is important for GAZ to confirm how, if at all, the revisions of the older costumes is going to happen just so it is clear.

This is something I very much want to do. I do not have a concrete road-map yet on how to approach it. As soon as I have a plan I will share what I can.

Dec

Got a reply back from one of the engine devs.

"I believe that Hardware Cursor is going out with the patch tomorrow. But it would be best to check with Ryolnir.

We have fixed an incompatibility with Windows Vista but have not had any luck reproducing the crash that is reported with certain Razer mice and Windows 7/8. It is frustrating because we have a decent PC lab here and many of us use Razer and Windows 7 and 8 on our work and home machines."

I know Ryolnir is a busy dude so I wont bug him about it, but looks like it has a good chance of coming.

Edit: Also, the patch is indeed at 7am pst.

There are seriously some Uniques I can't seem to get in this event.

I've had maybe ~40 ToT loot explosions on Thor and still yet to see the Mjolnir slot one.

Ended up just paying the 600k to upgrade it as it was feeling like a waste getting 20 dupes of his other uniques while I've got other characters without a single level 60 unique.

Usually, a new event's server side bonus would override the previous event, but that would be LAME! It would mean we'd be at only 24% and we're currently at 66.6%! So how do we fix that and make up for the lost day of Omega Boosts? We're going to stay at 66.6% tomorrow, and then we're going to start adding another 24% on Sunday (all the way until the next patch).
So server side boosts should be like 210% by the end of the Omega week?
Shame I won't have much time to play this week.

Top Bottom