• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Playing Midtown by myself makes for a pretty boring and lonely experience.
Hopefully Gaz will fix this screw-up soon.

oh its a bug? i was wondering if i was just being unlucky or everyone was just doing xdef these days or something

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hardware cursor seems good to me /shrug

Jugg 60, full uniques, cosmic medal, legendary and pet. not a bad morning :p

Back to Nova I guess

Dec

Hardware cursor isn't too buggy.

Very rarely it hard locks the game, happened twice to Hereafter but never to myself or heard of anyone else having that happen,

On AMD cards sometimes some graphical bugs will pop up, the minimap will render stangely and particle effects will clip and flash all over. You can fix this by restarting the game or restarting the renderer (switch to fullscreen/windowed then back again).

For a lot of people it's perfect and for AMD users it's perfectly usable until they can fix this stuff.

Yeah I've never had any graphical glitches and I run with an AMD gpu. However, last night the hardware cursor stalled out for me twice and I had to restart the game. Played all day today and had no issues, though it did stall at the loading screen when I was logging off. This is the first time I've had issues so I have no doubt it has to do with the new patch.

In other news, Juggernaut is amazing. You guys were not joking. Gonna get him to 60 after dinner.

Rhaknar

talked a little about this in the SG, but im not "getting" Nova. The pulsar mechanic seems like a gimmick for gimmick's sake.

pop 3 pulsars down which cost a lot of spirit and dont do damage until you pop a 4th spell on top of them, which every other hero would get the dmg from those 3 pulsar spells imediatly with other spells... what am I missing.

someone justified it by getting a lot of burst dmg in 1 go...I guess? In my opinion they should stay up, and then detonate every time you used a spell that made them detonate, but they shouldnt disapear.

I dunno, like I said just feels like a gimmick. Plus, I dont have enough points to get all the spells I want, which greatly annoys me (thankfully its a rare thing these days), since im "wasting" 60 points on the 3 pulsars (also, they are ranged spells, so they count for melee boosts so you dont even have synergy there...well I guess except for Taskmasters artifact)

So yeah, at level 22 im really not feeling Nova, especially coming off the amazingness that is mr Marko. Hopefully he gets better later on :/

edit: oh and on top of that, using the pulsars on top of the other spells gets really expensive so im always out of spirit. again, something that is usually more of a problem early on, but I already switched my legendary to a mkran

Took me nearly all day yesterday to get the game working again.

Launcher was running at 50-100Kb/s max, so I got jack of that after about 7GB downloaded (HTTP request errors and all sorts of BS too slowing it down even further).

Ended up going back to Steam.

Did an uninstall (again), and this time, reinstalled on a different drive, and I used a different folder for the SteamLibrary folder on my SSD for the Marvel install. Went through the download regions one-by-one until I found the best speed return (which ironically, was New Zealand, not any of the AU regions) and it finally got a connection.

Of course, it wanted to download the whole 13.9GB again, so I restored the old MH directory and got Steam to check the content, so in the end, it only downloaded like 4GB.

Got running at about 4pm. Just enough time to do the SQ's before the rollover, so I went back to back with both lots of SQ's.

Finally started Jugg at like 7pm haha.. Seems awesome, loving him so far. Got to about level 34 last night.

talked a little about this in the SG, but im not "getting" Nova. The pulsar mechanic seems like a gimmick for gimmick's sake.

pop 3 pulsars down which cost a lot of spirit and dont do damage until you pop a 4th spell on top of them, which every other hero would get the dmg from those 3 pulsar spells imediatly with other spells... what am I missing.

someone justified it by getting a lot of burst dmg in 1 go...I guess? In my opinion they should stay up, and then detonate every time you used a spell that made them detonate, but they shouldnt disapear.

I dunno, like I said just feels like a gimmick. Plus, I dont have enough points to get all the spells I want, which greatly annoys me (thankfully its a rare thing these days), since im "wasting" 60 points on the 3 pulsars (also, they are ranged spells, so they count for melee boosts so you dont even have synergy there...well I guess except for Taskmasters artifact)

So yeah, at level 22 im really not feeling Nova, especially coming off the amazingness that is mr Marko. Hopefully he gets better later on :/

edit: oh and on top of that, using the pulsars on top of the other spells gets really expensive so im always out of spirit. again, something that is usually more of a problem early on, but I already switched my legendary to a mkran

This is the main point that I was harping on around release. Pulsars are just a pointless mechanic, adding an extra step to his damage rotation without any particular benefits. The exception to this while his signature is up. I guess people like it because on the surface it's different, but ultimately it boils down to nothing special.

You like crashdown moves, so at the very least you'll probably enjoy setting off his pulsars with Falling Star once you unlock that move.

Rhaknar

This is the main point that I was harping on around release. Pulsars are just a pointless mechanic, adding an extra step to his damage rotation without any particular benefits. The exception to this while his signature is up. I guess people like it because on the surface it's different, but ultimately it boils down to nothing special.

You like crashdown moves, so at the very least you'll probably enjoy setting off his pulsars with Falling Star once you unlock that move.

I was thinking... you dont HAVE to use the pulsars right? I mean, its not like the interact with other melee moves in any special way.

Maybe full points in the dot one since dots are nice AND its also the slow one, but I can probably ignore the other 2 and just play nova with normal melee moves as any other hero?

Drayco21

I was thinking... you dont HAVE to use the pulsars right? I mean, its not like the interact with other melee moves in any special way.

Maybe full points in the dot one since dots are nice AND its also the slow one, but I can probably ignore the other 2 and just play nova with normal melee moves as any other hero?

This is basically how I've been playing Nova. I don't really care for the Pulsars mechanic, and have been focusing on his melee, the one really early unlocked beam, movement, and passives. Every now and then I try to see if a new power makes Pulsars more fun or interesting, and it just hasn't worked for me yet. I still have a lot of fun playing as him without even touching the mechanic though.

Rhaknar

This is basically how I've been playing Nova. I don't really care for the Pulsars mechanic, and have been focusing on his melee, the one really early unlocked beam, movement, and passives. Every now and then I try to see if a new power makes Pulsars more fun or interesting, and it just hasn't worked for me yet. I still have a lot of fun playing as him without even touching the mechanic though.

yeah going to respec tomorow, get rid of the 2 pulsars except the dot/slow one, and get the bouncing aoe again for example, which is just fun to use

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
SIF boosts absolutely still affect Halloween Buffs (it lowers the time between them), but as others have mentioned, they have been normalized. We have commented multiple times on the fact that the Halloween drop buffs should NOT be benefitting from SIF so much and it was never intended for you to get them every 3 minutes if you have SIF and every 2 days if you did not. It seems the word "regular" has confused people, so I will change the patch notes to "normalized".

The fact that people were getting literally 100+ Uniques should be an excellent indication that things are not as they should be (and it was for many). It's easy to say we "took away your fun" when we make a much needed change, and I respect that. I too enjoyed getting tons of reliquaries of rarity and gearing heroes, but as a game that plans to stick around, it's not really okay to drop 100+ of the highest rarity items a night. Even with as many heroes as we have, that is pretty busted.

posted by ryolnir, i can understand there point of view, but in future maybe test shit more otherwise its still gonna be a case of get in early or lose out,

just like how wasp is now 600splinters instead of 400.

Rhaknar

canon team up for Jugg, I havent kept up with comics?

I know he was an X-Men for a bit, and in Excalibur for another bit... so Havok I guess? :/

Magik or Domino being the other 2 possible choices but I dont think they had dealings with Marko. Or I could go She-Hulk for...other reasons :p

I know he was an X-Men for a bit, and in Excalibur for another bit... so Havok I guess? :/

Magik or Domino being the other 2 possible choices but I dont think they had dealings with Marko. Or I could go She-Hulk for...other reasons :p

She-Hulk, you know you want to.

Rhaknar

She-Hulk, you know you want to.

goofiestdraco8b.jpg

it IS canon :p

Drayco21

Juggy and Spider-Man bro'd out when he was a hero, that would be a workable one.

You already know the correct answer is She-Hulk.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I totally missed that. Fuck me.

apprantley brevik said based on she hulk and wasps g cost they should have been 600splinters, but it was a bug and they were 400. they are thinking about changing it back to 400 but wanna keep prices consistent.

i really like there quality assurance. took them that long to notice the price difference huh ?

posted by ryolnir, i can understand there point of view, but in future maybe test shit more otherwise its still gonna be a case of get in early or lose out,

just like how wasp is now 600splinters instead of 400.

Yeah, that's my only real problem with it.

Test it before releasing it, Gaz.

It doesn't change the fact that people playing end up with 100+ uniques and if you missed the week/weekend, whatever, you get crap.

The issue is still with Gaz releasing thoroughly untested patches week after week after week.

Rhaknar

Juggy and Spider-Man bro'd out when he was a hero, that would be a workable one.

You already know the correct answer is She-Hulk.

really? i would like to see that, lets try some google-fu

edit: my google-fu is weak, I can only find them fighting (which they have done... a lot)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's my only real problem with it.

Test it before releasing it, Gaz.

It doesn't change the fact that people playing end up with 100+ uniques and if you missed the week/weekend, whatever, you get crap.

The issue is still with Gaz releasing thoroughly untested patches week after week after week.

do you remember the whole conch shell thing (this was the main culprit for timed event loot going forward clearly) or the birthday slices drop rate.

my main problem with gaz is they are handing loot explosions crates like anything which drop variable uniques from 1 - 6 depending on which crate it happens to be (and you can get these throuhgout events for just logging in) but at the same time are also doing semi stealth nerfs on things like this halloween buff (everyone said it was a shit event only good thing about it was the unique drop).

they have essentially created this loot problem / how good events are by handing out so many loot crates that drop stupid amounts of different things so when there isnt an event the game just feels bland (dunno if thats right word to use here).

they mostly added these loot crates in because drop rate was crap anyway, now its all just stacking together into one big cluster of you know what

Rhaknar

do you remember the whole conch shell thing (this was the main culprit for timed event loot going forward clearly) or the birthday slices drop rate.

my main problem with gaz is they are handing loot explosions crates like anything which drop variable uniques from 1 - 6 depending on which crate it happens to be (and you can get these throuhgout events for just logging in) but at the same time are also doing semi stealth nerfs on things like this halloween buff (everyone said it was a shit event only good thing about it was the unique drop).

they have essentially created this loot problem / how good events are by handing out so many loot crates that drop stupid amounts of different things so when there isnt an event the game just feels bland (dunno if thats right word to use here).

which is why it feels kinda nice to have everyone geared up now so I dont have to worry so much about it. then again after I finished gearing everyone I...stopped playing, so you could argue that after that there isnt much to do >_> but I was also burned out, so we'll see how im feeling after I lvl up Nova (if ill stop again that is)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
which is why it feels kinda nice to have everyone geared up now so I dont have to worry so much about it. then again after I finished gearing everyone I...stopped playing, so you could argue that after that there isnt much to do >_> but I was also burned out, so we'll see how im feeling after I lvl up Nova (if ill stop again that is)

achievement system sounds fun (like killing brotherhood 1000 times in midtown rewards an advanced magneto was right shirt.

one of the main features im looking forward too which was due back in june (lol)

Rhaknar

achievement system sounds fun (like killing brotherhood 1000 times in midtown rewards an advanced magneto was right shirt.

one of the main features im looking forward too which was due back in june (lol)

I lost track of the event schedule but im hoping the next one is cosmic, because Im feeling good about playing again and I want to farm another power cosmic for another hybrid hero (hell I still need like...4? Black Panther, Gambit, Ghost Rider and Thor need one at least), and also because in 2 weeks I know for a fact I will take another break (and not just from Marvel) when Warlords hits

Yup.
Birthday cake slices was another I missed out on because I was away while it was crazy grindable in Asgard. Got back and the rates were hopeless, so I sat around watching my SG friends popping Cakes like mad for the next week.

My counter-argument to that is I pretty much gave up on the game a couple of months ago, because gearing up my characters seemed like it was going to take forever with the hopeless drop rates of uniques and the important artifacts. Three months ago, I had Iron Man and Deadpool "fully" geared up - that was it.

Events like this get me back into the game because there's a chance I can gear up a few characters without having to dedicate 12 hours a day to grinding it.

I know - what happens when all my characters are geared up then? Yeah, maybe I'm in the same place as you, but there's still "gearing up" in the sense of getting 1000 artifacts on a main, getting the Event rewards, Coulson team-up, Doop pet etc.. That stuff keeps me playing anyway as I'm a collector. Not to mention I've only got ~10-12 characters fully geared up now so far.

I still think, and I've said this before, Marvel Heroes is a different game to Diablo. They need to stop making longevity their primary concern. We have 40 characters (and counting), not 6 or whatever. We have team-ups, we have pets, in-game purchases tied to event reward items; all this extra stuff that requires more gear and more loot to upgrade.

I'm probably not the "average" player Gaz keeps talking about, and I haven't already hit 7500 Omega and I haven't been around for every event and gotten every reward, but there's also got to be a middle ground for those that are somewhere between this casual vs hardcore player model Gaz seems to be working around.

Volimar

The reliquaries of rarity are a joke. They almost never have anything good. Some team up item that's not as good as what they gave out when team ups came out. Or if you're lucky you get an insignia that might be useful. All in all, disappointing.

The reliquaries of rarity are a joke. They almost never have anything good. Some team up item that's not as good as what they gave out when team ups came out. Or if you're lucky you get an insignia that might be useful. All in all, disappointing.

I got a nice insignia yesterday, but yeah, other than that they're not much to get excited about either. Usually a horribly rolled Cosmic ring or Team-up gear.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i just want a item like a unique that actually feels unique (like most rpg's where it actually can change how you play). like i dunno whilst wearing x item dark phoenix now last x time. or x skill now spawns in two turrets instead of 1. i think thats one thing gear is missing is that unique factor they all basically consist of uping range/melee dmg lil bit of defense and some health regen and some other random bits. just feel they could do so much more with gear.

i know they have those red items that drop sometimes in tc that are more orientated for ultimate skills (dunno if that has changed recently they dont seem to come up in drops recently come on gaz where is your bugs on tc :D ).

i know doomsaw said other day they are gonna use some features from poe like the end game map system which i can see going horribly wrong mind you.

Rhaknar

the Omega system is...overwhelming. and the layout is shit. Most of the time I forget to update my points, or even put them in in case of new heroes

i just want a item like a unique that actually feels unique (like most rpg's where it actually can change how you play). like i dunno whilst wearing x item dark phoenix now last x time. or x skill now spawns in two turrets instead of 1. i think thats one thing gear is missing is that unique factor they all basically consist of uping range/melee dmg lil bit of defense and some health regen and some other random bits. just feel they could do so much more with gear.

i know they have those red items that drop sometimes in tc that are more orientated for ultimate skills (dunno if that has changed recently they dont seem to come up in drops recently come on gaz where is your bugs on tc :D ).

i know doomsaw said other day they are gonna use some features from poe like the end game map system which i can see going horribly wrong mind you.

my favorite uniques in the game are the ones with procs that can summon heroes or something. I cant believe Juggernaut doesnt have one that summons Black Tom >_>

My counter-argument to that is I pretty much gave up on the game a couple of months ago, because gearing up my characters seemed like it was going to take forever with the hopeless drop rates of uniques and the important artifacts. Three months ago, I had Iron Man and Deadpool "fully" geared up - that was it.

Events like this get me back into the game because there's a chance I can gear up a few characters without having to dedicate 12 hours a day to grinding it.

dude youre preaching to the choir here, I know exactly how you feel, I was there months ago when I took my long break. I dont raid so its really hard to gear up characters outside of these (often bugged) events. My first big push to this was the first midtown madness where the loot was CRAZY and I geared up a lot of characters, but I got into it too late so not as much as I wanted. Then there were a few more decent events to gear up, and the last midtown we had (with the new chests), even if it was a lot weaker than the first, I still went crazy during that week and geared up everyone I was missing, including upgrading a lot of uniques to 60 just to be "done" with it.

the Omega system is...overwhelming. and the layout is shit. Most of the time I forget to update my points, or even put them in in case of new heroes

my favorite uniques in the game are the ones with procs that can summon heroes or something. I cant believe Juggernaut doesnt have one that summons Black Tom >_>

I do like playing around in Omega, but with ~1600 points, options are pretty limited at this stage. Has potential at high points though.

Summon Lil'Deadpool! I really love those Uniques too.

I kind of agree with -Deadpool-, there's actually tons to still gear for even with level 60 uniques all done, but I can see why they kind of have to operate in this manner. The people spending it up on characters, costumes and boosts and spending huge amounts of hours with like 7500 omega points already are probably the main source of income. And I'm guessing a lot of their strategy has to be around keeping these people entertained.

I think my overarching goal in terms of grinding is generally collecting splinters and new heroes. So that's probably enough to keep me playing for now.

Basically get hero, get legendary and max legendary, gear up with level 60 uniques, maybe prestige -> usually gets me to the point when I can get another hero to try out.

All the while, dailies are the slow grind towards lvl66 uniques, and now lvl69 uniques (until the group tries red raids I guess), slowly collecting stacks of relics and eventually getting my Coulson (maybe this event maybe next one).

But that's mainly 'cause I'm cheap and a poor student right now, so I don't spend much on the game, particularly for things that I can grind for. I'm probably not the player that's bringing in the dollars for Gaz.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

they dropped the ball with juggernaut alot anyway i still dont understand how his movement energy icon was crashing game lol (and after a day before patch day they still couldnt fix )

my problem with the omega system is most of it is like 1% proc which is basically like who gives a shit. energy people get heavily fucked by omega on the way to the +10 energy there is two different nodes that do base dmg to mental only 1 for energy. and most of the others are either procs for mental or more dmg. (that's two separate pathways why not have one leading way for energy and one leading way for mental).

the other main issue with omega is its basically go for the same things for each hero base dmg to bosses, brutal strike rating/crit rat/ brut/crit dmage. health regen nodes are pretty pointless (there's 3 different nodes with all do +60 then +120 etc that all cost different omega point = wtf ? ) seems really bloated again with same stuff that can be condense into one node that does more regen per point but costs more instead of 3 seperate nodes

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
The Omega system really could use a filter. If I'm looking for stuff that gives +INT let me filter out everything else instead of having to look around all these nodes to find one.

I thought it was interesting, especially in light of the ToT event, to have a look back through my other characters and see what gear I managed before.

Many of my characters; Mr. Fantastic, Black Widow, Cable, Jean Grey - I could go on, all at level 60, but with no, or very few, uniques.

Majority of my characters had one or two, usually anywhere from level 20 (Daredevil had three uniques all between level 20 and 45), to maybe a single level 60 (Mr. Fantastic) that I'd likely gotten from a SQ chest or something random like that.

I don't think the drop rates are at all high normally. Gets back to what Queen of Hunting said earlier about the game feeling "bland" when there's not an event on. It definitely is.

Rhaknar

they dropped the ball with juggernaut alot anyway i still dont understand how his movement energy icon was crashing game lol (and after a day before patch day they still couldnt fix )

my problem with the omega system is most of it is like 1% proc which is basically like who gives a shit. energy people get heavily fucked by omega on the way to the +10 energy there is two different nodes that do base dmg to mental only 1 for energy. and most of the others are either procs for mental or more dmg. (that's two separate pathways why not have one leading way for energy and one leading way for mental).

the other main issue with omega is its basically go for the same things for each hero base dmg to bosses, brutal strike rating/crit rat/ brut/crit dmage. health regen nodes are pretty pointless (there's 3 different nodes with all do +60 then +120 etc that all cost different omega point = wtf ? ) seems really bloated again with same stuff that can be condense into one node that does more regen per point but costs more instead of 3 seperate nodes

kinda reminds me of charge type moves, nobody ever uses them (because they are never ideal dps with the cast time and thats all that matters damn it!) and they insist on putting new ones in all the time

as a sidenote, let me tell you how fucked up my ocd is. My ocd is so fucked up, that because I dont use any default costume on anyone, its really bothering me the fact that Mags white costume might be the default. I might me clinically insane, it is a possibility

And yes, using Nova's default also bothers me. I dont know why, it shouldnt matter, but it does!

I thought it was interesting, especially in light of the ToT event, to have a look back through my other characters and see what gear I managed before.

Many of my characters; Mr. Fantastic, Black Widow, Cable, Jean Grey - I could go on, all at level 60, but with no, or very few, uniques.

Majority of my characters had one or two, usually anywhere from level 20 (Daredevil had three uniques all between level 20 and 45), to maybe a single level 60 (Mr. Fantastic) that I'd likely gotten from a SQ chest or something random like that.

I don't think the drop rates are at all high normally. Gets back to what Queen of Hunting said earlier about the game feeling "bland" when there's not an event on. It definitely is.

drop rates for uniques outside of events (or raids) is stupid low, ive been saying that for months

inky

kinda reminds me of charge type moves, nobody ever uses them (because they are never ideal dps with the cast time and thats all that matters damn it!) and they insist on putting new ones in all the time

I use Unibeam! Fuck the min maxers :p

I agree.

my problem with the omega system is most of it is like 1% proc which is basically like who gives a shit. energy people get heavily fucked by omega on the way to the +10 energy there is two different nodes that do base dmg to mental only 1 for energy.

Definitely agree here. You can tell very little thought went into the placement of the nodes. You'd think that the stuff you pick up on the way to the big payoff nodes would have some logical benefits, but nope.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
also i think people need to start saving %dmg to boss items because they ave said they are gonna start removing those skills from heroes soon (pretty sure juggernaut doesnt have one or nova ? ) which again makes that node in omega more have to get

Rhaknar

I use Unibeam! Fuck the min maxers :p

I agree.

I was using Jugg's charge and then Declarius said "meh meh meh i just put 1 point just for the momentum gain meh meh meh i do a ton of dmg on MK im the best meh meh" so I changed it...and then I felt dirty

screw you Dec i want to use his charge again! >_<

Other charge moves ive used on characters was the big ass aoe on cyclops, because I just love that spell (I havent touched Cyke since the review so no idea if he still has it), and Ms.Marvel's aoe explosion, but that one I stopped using because it just didnt look as good as I hoped, and the dmg was shit

And I want to at least try Nova's

Dec

I was using Jugg's charge and then Declarius said "meh meh meh i just put 1 point just for the momentum gain meh meh meh i do a ton of dmg on MK im the best meh meh" so I changed it...and then I felt dirty

screw you Dec i want to use his charge again! >_<

Other charge moves ive used on characters was the big ass aoe on cyclops, because I just love that spell (I havent touched Cyke since the review so no idea if he still has it), and Ms.Marvel's aoe explosion, but that one I stopped using because it just didnt look as good as I hoped, and the dmg was shit

And I want to at least try Nova's

You called me and asked about builds ya jerk

seriously though I think it's hard to fit it in. He has so many passives/buffs you need to take that you just have a few core abilities. I don't know what you drop for charge in a movement build, but I'm sure someone will make it work.

I basically copied the build straight from those Kurse run videos, when multi spec comes along I'm planning to try some other stuff. I never have very many retcons because I respec omegas whenever I fill slots in gear.

Oh. A tip, if you use enter the fray during your signature it will queue it up and use it immediately as it ends.

Rhaknar

You called me and asked about builds ya jerk

seriously though I think it's hard to fit it in. He has so many passives/buffs you need to take that you just have a few core abilities. I don't know what you drop for charge in a movement build, but I'm sure someone will make it work.

I basically copied the build straight from those Kurse run videos, when multi spec comes along I'm planning to try some other stuff. I never have very many retcons because I respec omegas whenever I fill slots in gear.

Oh. A tip, if you use enter the fray during your signature it will queue it up and use it immediately as it ends.

I honestly dont know what to drop either. It would be the health / defense passive I guess, I am using a super soldier afterall, but I dunno

edit: do Cyke's call-in moves share a cooldown? or can you have all 4 and use them one after the other, proper X-Men style?

also do they have long cooldowns?

Top Bottom