• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Dec

I have no idea why I never thought of it before but spirit on slot 2 3 and 4 is better than tenacity for Juggernaut.

do Cyke's call-in moves share a cooldown? or can you have all 4 and use them one after the other, proper X-Men style?

also do they have long cooldowns?
Shared 8s CD. It's designed so you pick one and use it as a burst damage layer. They all deal around the same DPS and have different effects for itemization purposes (Angel = Pure Physical Dmg, Beast = Bleed Dmg, Iceman = Slow, Jean = Burn).

He has a lot of burst damage layers now, actually.
- Strike Team, 8s CD
- Devastation 8s CD (now a burst move vs charge move pre-review)
- Visor Off (Sig, 45s CD w/ 5s channel. This is his old Ult repurposed)

His buff from Overwatch is also on 45s CD, so it works great in a ranged rotation:
Overwatch -> Visor Off -> Devastation / Strike Team -> Focused Beam (Single Target). Then use Devastation / ST as they come off CD.

It was 616.
And then Slott decided it had to be an alternate universe version of She-Hulk.

Any particular reason why?

His buff from Overwatch is also on 45s CD, so it works great in a ranged rotation:
Overwatch -> Visor Off -> Devastation / Strike Team -> Focused Beam (Single Target). Then use Devastation / ST as they come off CD.

You'd want to use Devastation/Strike Team before Visor Off so that you get two uses of each within a single Overwatch.

It was 616.
And then Slott decided it had to be an alternate universe version of She-Hulk.

Only remembered it was an alternate universe thing. Attributed it automatically to Ultimate, cause it's pretty awful.
I have a really bad memory with details lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shared 8s CD. It's designed so you pick one and use it as a burst damage layer. They all deal around the same DPS and have different effects for itemization purposes (Angel = Pure Physical Dmg, Beast = Bleed Dmg, Iceman = Slow, Jean = Burn).

He has a lot of burst damage layers now, actually.
- Strike Team, 8s CD
- Devastation 8s CD (now a burst move vs charge move pre-review)
- Visor Off (Sig, 45s CD w/ 5s channel. This is his old Ult repurposed)

Noooo my dreams of just spamming xman after xman are crushed :(

They should use the same tech for some lesser team that has no chance of having individual members represented and make it so 1 of them uses all the others in his moves :(

You'd want to use Devastation/Strike Team before Visor Off so that you get two uses of each within a single Overwatch.
Ah! I didn't even think of that. Good catch.

Noooo my dreams of just spamming xman after xman are crushed :(

They should use the same tech for some lesser team that has no chance of having individual members represented and make it so 1 of them uses all the others in his moves :(
I know how you feel. I had the idea of doing the same thing too, when it was first revealed he could call in strikers. Hopefully we eventually get a character like this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I assume his costumes don't affect the "summons" costumes? (I know they aren't actual summons)

Does anyone here use Loki?
I have started equipping him with artifacts that give a bonus to damage when Loki attacks enemies that aren't attacking him, because most of my enemies are busy fighting my shadows/summons most of the time. Is this a good strat for Loki? Normally, I never use these artifacts for anyone. Investing in artifacts that increase summon damage seems kinda pointless, as the damage they do seems so small anyway.

Midtown is pretty dull with the current glitch, but Midtown Monday does make it more fun.
Its still a great way to collect Uniques and level up your pets (if you have any).

Lord Phol

Haha some guy on the forums made a thread about Juggernaut being squishie, don't think I've seen so many disagrees in such a short amount of time. Dude feels like a tank, haven't died or even been close to death once while leveling.

Solo midtown madness will be glorious!

Amen!

Any particular reason why?

Only remembered it was an alternate universe thing. Attributed it automatically to Ultimate, cause it's pretty awful.
I have a really bad memory with details lol

Guys, after Rhak's post, I googled it and spent a few minutes reading this before bed. I forgot to post it last night. I didn't get the last strip with the two Walters. The alternate universe thing finally makes sense.

Solo midtown madness will be glorious!
Indeed. My Juggs is at level 55 and it's fantastic running around MM on my own. I've taken out entire boss waves is moments by just doing Vuln Clap, Buff, Jump In, Elbow, Sig.

Plus, no lag while Striding all around searching for specific LQ mobs or Sentinels / Hidden AIM.

Indeed. My Juggs is at level 55 and it's fantastic running around MM on my own. I've taken out entire boss waves is moments by just doing Vuln Clap, Buff, Jump In, Elbow, Sig.

Plus, no lag while Striding all around searching for specific LQ mobs or Sentinels / Hidden AIM.

Is the Juggernaut really that over powered?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Midtown bosses are dead in seconds as Jugg solo. It's glorious. I've been 60 for a while and haven't died on him at all yet, though I've procced his self-revive a few times catching a stray charge, but usually I just eat it and smile, or pop on-demand invuln.

He is an absolute... juggernaut. Unstoppable force. Not even using defensive medal or artifacts, it's his insane passives and uniques. I really hope he stays this way.

inky

Is the Juggernaut really that over powered?

He is pretty much tailored made to cruise through ARPGs like this one, with his High Damage AoEs & Movement Speed Abilities and Survivability.

Edit: If you've played Diablo 3 he is like the old tornado Barb, except you don't even need to be hitting anything to accumulate his resource (Momentum), just running around is enough.

He is pretty much tailored made to cruise through ARPGs like this one, with his High Damage AoEs & Movement Speed Abilities and Survivability.

Edit: If you've played Diablo 3 he is like the old tornado Barb, except you don't even need to be hitting anything to accumulate his resource (Momentum), just running around is enough.

Yeah I was getting a crusader feel from him, though not for any specific reason. Maybe because HE is the phalanx that charges forward.

He's the first hero that is way different IMO. Of course I'm sure his best raid build will be some boring brawler build, but I'll probably do all my shared quests on him.

From Reddit, regarding instanced Midtown:
gtuffli (Lead Content Designer) said:
This going out when this did was actually a mistake on my part that managed to sneak Skrull-like onto Live.
For those who don't follow the main forums, the final functionality will look like this:
The queue dialog appears when you enter Midtown Patrol or Industry City Patrol.
If you queue "solo", you will enter a personal instance that only your team can get into.
If you do not queue solo, you will immediately enter the first zone the game can find that is under 10 players; note, you will not have to wait like a normal queue, this is a "rolling" queue.
The purpose of this is to: 1. Fix the number of heroes per map to much closer than 10 than has previously been the case; the existing method makes it very frequent to see more - or less - than 10. 2. Allow for players to have their own - or just their own team - version of Midtown Patrol or Industry City Patrol.

Sounds great.

Rhaknar

I hope they don't use the Captain Marvel costume and haircut (the short one).

I like Carol's previous styles better.

if you mean her previous costumes as in Ms.Marvel, the movie is called Captain Marvel, not Ms.Marvel

plus, if you think this would ever fly in cinematic marvel:

Ms._Marvel_Vol_2_35_Textless.jpg

well, then youre just being Kepow as usual

KePoW

Banned
if you mean her previous costumes as in Ms.Marvel, the movie is called Captain Marvel, not Ms.Marvel

plus, if you think this would ever fly in cinematic marvel:

I'm just saying I don't like the Captain Marvel look & haircut.

I'm not a Carol expert, but how about any of the other costumes she has in MH? Like the SHIELD, Classic, Warbird, Modern, or whatever

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i didnt even realise you guys were talking about ms marvel when i posted them two screenshots lol

It's my favorite too, though if they used it at all, they'd probably turn it into a pantsuit version.
I love the outfit, but she isn't Ms. Marvel anymore and it's not a MM movie. I don't mind them using her modern CM look. I just hope they don't use the awful looking mask. The colors and design look great, but the mask kills it for me.
Gaz, maskless outfit plz!

Use this as the base for the movie outfit and I'm happy:

KePoW

Banned
Agree with Ada, the mask is horrible looking.

The picture above isn't too bad though, at least she has longer hair.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Captain Marvel, not Ms Marvel. Good on 'em, screw that swimsuit nonsense. No one wears that going into battle.

And the obvious answer is Charlize Theron. Or Yvonne Strahovski.

Rhaknar

I'm just saying I don't like the Captain Marvel look & haircut.

I'm not a Carol expert, but how about any of the other costumes she has in MH? Like the SHIELD, Classic, Warbird, Modern, or whatever

she is not Captain Marvel in any of those. why does this need explanation?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but you're wrong, so

arguing for Ms Marvel over Captain Marvel is arguing for more sexist outfit designed by men to appeal to men for women to wear. It's arguing for regressive sexism. It's literally a step back.

also I changed my mind, Natalie Dormer pls

Volimar

arguing for Ms Marvel over Captain Marvel is arguing for more sexist outfit designed by men to appeal to men for women to wear. It's arguing for regressive sexism. It's literally a step back.

also I changed my mind, Natalie Dormer pls

No it's not. It's arguing for a more appealing design based on subjective preferences. Don't project sexism into it. I don't mind alterations to it, so it's not a bathing suit, I just really don't like the Captain Marvel suit.

inky

Captain Marvel is the GOAT suit, minus the mask. Everyone else is wrong.

Leotard Ms Marvel looks cool in comix, but it's never going to fly on live action guys, be real.

KePoW

Banned

I can't tell over the internet if you're being sarcastic or not

In case you're not -- I like females in revealing clothing, what can I say. I don't feel bad about that. And believe it or not, girls dress in revealing clothing all the time in real life. (I mean in general, not talking about "battle")

At least where I live, it's very humid and hot 9+ months per year so it's very common. Aren't you Dutch euros really open about sexuality and stuff??

Who knows, we may not even get an outfit. It depends on how they play the whole thing. Just look at Mockingbird in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I'd think we will get something, considering she has super powers and all. However, that doesn't mean it won't be something brand new.

Leotard Ms Marvel looks cool in comix, but it's never going to fly on live action guys, be real.
Indeed. Things like that work much better in comics and cartoons vs live action.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
lol yes I am "projecting" sexism onto a male-designed female superhero who literally wears a bathing suit into battle. well done.

not like Ms Marvel has a terrible history of sexist bullshit written just for her we'd want to distance ourselves from as much as humanly possible, either.

Got my Juggs to 41 last night.

Basically have no gear on him and he's annihilating everything. Already ploughing through red Terms like they're cake haha.. He's awesome.

I really have missed a good chunk of the events; sitting on 1190 Omega files - some of my mates were getting Coulson last night, or 100 away.. I'm gonna be jelly!

How are people getting 2000 already? IIRC, Event 1 = 800, Event 2 = 800. So, 400 more = Tuesday at the earliest.

I thought I only missed 100 from last time, due to being asleep during the brief midnight to patch peroid when it ended. However, I'll only be at 1800 when I get my game time in for today.

Top Bottom