• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

How are people getting 2000 already? IIRC, Event 1 = 800, Event 2 = 800. So, 400 more = Tuesday at the earliest.

I thought I only missed 100 from last time, due to being asleep during the brief midnight to patch peroid when it ended. However, I'll only be at 1800 when I get my game time in for today.

I think technically, you could have 1990 last night.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Man please don't bring this kind of crap into this thread. Okey you don't like bikins and women showing some skin, others do.

whoa now, you can't ask me not to bring it here and then continue to bring it here yourself.

there is a clear and obvious difference between a woman wearing whatever she chooses to and men designing woman characters in a way that emphasizes particular qualities over others. don't tell me comics don't historically have a sexism problem with the way women are portrayed (improbable outfits and poses first and foremost - men are drawn to be powerful, women to be sexy and suggestive). See also: http://thehawkeyeinitiative.com/

Also I recommend you actually watch that link I posted earlier to know what the hell I'm talking about before you jump on the defensive immediately even though I didn't even call anyone out??

That's it, that's all. Sorry for disrupting videogame funtiems remember videogames and comics don't carry any meaning except when we want them to lalalalaa

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Still not feeling Nova, but at least his death from above move is amazing

Still not feeling Nova, but at least his death from above move is amazing

He's on my "to go back to" list.

I liked him when I played through, but it was the usual case of not getting good gear and benching him for other stuff.

I've geared him fully thanks to this event and I'll likely end up hitting the forums for a good powers build (because the majority of the time, I have no idea what I'm doing).

Got so many geared characters to go back and play now.

Dec

I normally stick to a small cast of characters that I play a lot but I think I might have to put some time into leveling everyone I can stomach to have any hope of getting the mace and hide from the raid...

KePoW

Banned
I normally stick to a small cast of characters that I play a lot but I think I might have to put some time into leveling everyone I can stomach to have any hope of getting the mace and hide from the raid...

To do what, raid on every single character every week??

Best Ms Marvel outfit =

iHPekVRJ2TBdt.gif
(my old forum sig)

Captain Marvels ultra conservative outfit is something I would expect to see in a live action Marvel movie though.

Regarding Ms. Marvel's outfit in a movie, I would honestly rather they keep the black outfit/yellow lightning symbol look. They could go about it by having her wear an all black full body Air Force suit like this -

4b8d4f8c6333c32026646f833ccd8399.jpg

And have her add the lightning symbol and red sash as personal touches. It'll nail the iconic look while having it make complete sense in the real world. It would look similar to her Fear Itself outfit, which was full body.

jkzUiUw.png

Much better than trying to make her red/blue Captain Marvel outfit work, IMO.

Drayco21

I still really dislike everything about KSD's Captain Marvel, from the writing to the new costume. I'm relieved that this game came out in time to let her be Ms. Marvel and with the right default costume. Still holding out hope the movie design will hew closer to the Warbird and on costume, even though I know it won't be so.

Speaking of Marvel movies, it's kinda weird to me that Gaz hasn't announced a Baymax team-up for Big Hero Six in a couple days- I'd have thought that, even with the movie distancing itself from the comic roots, they'd want to capitalize on any opportunity to make money off what I'm sure will be the fan-favorite character.

KePoW

Banned
I still really dislike everything about KSD's Captain Marvel, from the writing to the new costume. I'm relieved that this game came out in time to let her be Ms. Marvel and with the right default costume. Still holding out hope the movie design will hew closer to the Warbird and on costume, even though I know it won't be so.

Speaking of Marvel movies, it's kinda weird to me that Gaz hasn't announced a Baymax team-up for Big Hero Six in a couple days- I'd have thought that, even with the movie distancing itself from the comic roots, they'd want to capitalize on any opportunity to make money off what I'm sure will be the fan-favorite character.

Were those characters really that mass popular? I've literally never heard of Baymax or Big Hero Six

Dec

To do what, raid on every single character every week??

Not every single character, just more.

The raid takes like 30 minutes, I do it 4 times back to back the minute the week rolls over because at that point the only people doing it are really experienced with raiding and there is no shenanigans.

Drayco21

Were those characters really that mass popular? I've literally never heard of Baymax or Big Hero Six

They were such Z list gutter characters that artists didn't even remember who they were to add them to character rosters in huge crossover events, and they had like less than a dozen appearances overall before now. It's just that Baymax is the kid appeal star of the upcoming movie, which means he's probably going to blow up in the next couple weeks- I'd think Gaz would have wanted in on that, though maybe since the marketing has been pretty mum on the Marvel connection, Gaz wouldn't be able to swing a movie version and they'd only be able to do the comic characters, which I doubt would appeal to most people.

Dec

small patch that has the fix for two issues:

Midtown Manhattan Patrol being a 'private' zone.

Broken text string when picking up a unique.

1AM PST, it is expected to last up to four hours.

1h 38m from this post.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There are now 40 playable characters... Crazy

Shit, I missed yesterday's Omega files because I was super busy with class and everything, and completely worn out afterwards so I passed out super early. I thought I could log on and grind it out today, but apparently the server just reset. :/
Not sure if I'll be able to get Coulson this week, but I sure hope so.

Edit: Also in regards to Big Hero Six, it looks like they're not pressing the Marvel origins of that film at all - it's marketed as Disney adventure rather than Marvel superhero flick.

Dec

Shit, I missed yesterday's Omega files because I was super busy with class and everything, and completely worn out afterwards so I passed out super early. I thought I could log on and grind it out today, but apparently the server just reset. :/
Not sure if I'll be able to get Coulson this week, but I sure hope so.

Edit: Also in regards to Big Hero Six, it looks like they're not pressing the Marvel origins of that film at all - it's marketed as Disney adventure rather than Marvel superhero flick.

Yep server rolls over at midnight pacific.

Only thing that doesn't is raids, which are at 3am pacific Wednesday morning.

Rhaknar

whew got all my specs in before the shutdown. man I had a lot of characters with points reset.

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, that was a speed run!

Got home and literally got all my dailies done with like 5 minutes to spare!

Only thing I missed was a Zoo run but I can handle that. At least I got all the Omegas for the day.

4 hour down time, damn :( Aussieland that's midnight.. No more Marvel for me tonight. Shame. Was hoping to level Juggy a bit more.

Had some good costume luck.
I rolled a random one from the blender and got Luke Cages noir outfit. I never liked Luke cage, but this outfit is pretty classy and will hopefully make him more fun to play.
Then I bought 10 Fortune Card 1's (with 100 Shards) and opened them all at once. I finally got Wolvies Days of Future Past outfit from there. Now I've gotten every FC1 costume at least once.

Punisher Noir would be the only compelling argument for me to play Punisher a little more, at least before his review, whenever that is.

Punisher Noir would be the only compelling argument for me to play Punisher a little more, at least before his review, whenever that is.

Early January, as of now.

Also, Coulson's passives/away proc now that people have him:

Passive:
DweTs54.png

T3 passive:
oKMEyCx.png

T4 proc:
kSKvC1q.png

He also has an interesting stolen power for Rogue -

5p1EyrX.jpg

Nice one, Hoya.

I generally love the Noir costumes.

Wish I could roll Spidey's, but I've never gotten lucky with that one.

Yeah thanks. I know that Noir Spidey is a very desirable costume for many people. For me to pay real money for Fortune Cards, there would need to be a massive payoff - like Savageland Rogue or something. Too risky otherwise.
People are currently talking about the Agent Coulson team-up.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/146742/agent-coulson-team-up-skills-preview-hd/p1

He looks pretty good himself..

ib0PEojuGD1XNv.gif

And the minigun fan-man is so awesome (a Coulson summon)...

isVU7YfaY0HIG.gif

My problem is that I havent saved any Omega files. I only have about 250-ish because I never play that wave mode. I might start saving soon.

X-23 just needs to come out already and save this thread.

I've got just over 400 es. I'm torn between getting Juggs or saving them for her.

Agree with Ada, the mask is horrible looking.

The picture above isn't too bad though, at least she has longer hair.

I prefer her in short hair myself.

Yeah thanks. I know that Noir Spidey is a very desirable costume for many people. For me to pay real money for Fortune Cards, there would need to be a massive payoff - like Savageland Rogue or something. Too risky otherwise.

Thats the only part I hate about Marvel Heroes, the gambling aspect for certain costumes. Noir Spider-man would normally be a must have but I refused to throw buckets of money in a vain attempt to get him.

My problem is that I havent saved any Omega files. I only have about 250-ish because I never play that wave mode. I might start saving soon.

I am trying but its taking forever. The stars are aligning so the Omega events keep falling on weeks where I don't have much time for Marvel Heros. I have just over 1200. It will probably be another 2 events before I can get him.

I've got just over 400 es. I'm torn between getting Juggs or saving them for her.

Get Juggs. She won't arrive before December (if even still this year), and Juggernaut is easily the funnest character Gaz has released since, I would argue maybe Dr. Strange.

Thats the only part I hate about Marvel Heroes, the gambling aspect for certain costumes. Noir Spider-man would normally be a must have but I refused to throw buckets of money in a vain attempt to get him.

Costumes being in fortune cards, ehh whatever, but what I'm more upset about is gameplay aspects being locked away in that (specifically team-ups).

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Captain Marvels ultra conservative outfit is something I would expect to see in a live action Marvel movie though.

Not showing gratuitous skin = conservative, uhhuh. I could write half an essay unpacking that statement but nah. I can tell from your avatar I may as well talk to a wall.

Bummer about Thor's rework not hitting this week, was really looking forward to it :(

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
industry city legendary quests are already appearing which is forcing people to auto reroll because the area isnt in game yet thus losing 15k a pop.

inky

Great.

Hopefully it's less common than the issue where MGH Brutes and Maggia(?) weren't spawning in Midtown.

I swear I spent like 500k re-rolling that shit. Where my compensation at Gaz?

And this one is during a MM event too.. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Does it level up your pets too? I turned it on, but it still doesn't vaporize blue stuff even when set up at EPIC, so yea... about that.

Levels your pets, yeah. It's literally the vacuum option minus the button pressing that also takes cosmics if chosen. And it shouldn't be leaving blues (did you set all five slots to be vaporized?). I've had zero issues with it since release.

Top Bottom