• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok sweet!! thx for the post reference, I didn't recall (and doctors have said I don't have good long-term memory specifically haha)

you posted right after that post commenting on those costumes by the way

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok that's pretty funny, lol

But I just checked the date of that post, and it was like 2 months ago!!

yes, indeed, stuff that happened 2 months ago is truly lost in the annals of time itself. It might aswell been a past life experience, thats how long ago it was

Rhaknar

Thor actually got his points refunded recently for whatever reason, and I ended up not using them since the review was soon anyway

Aww. Thors Whirling Hammer Defense is being cut.
It was fun to screw around with that move when Rhino or Juggs would charge at you. Ms Marvel used to have a similar power too.

aW3YuzG.jpg

edit: Wow. Lady Thor looks nice. $15 is still a bit too expensive for me though.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the star and the golden arches have never looked good on a real life version of that costume. But apparently preferring something like this:

jkzUiUw.png

Makes me sexist.

Really? Who said that? That's pretty silly.

Aww. Thors Whirling Hammer Defense is being cut.
It was fun to screw around with that move when Rhino or Juggs would charge at you. Ms Marvel used to have a similar power too.

aW3YuzG.jpg

edit: Wow. Lady Thor looks nice. $15 is still a bit too expensive for me though.

I just noticed that it looks like she has multiple breast like a cow.

Indignate

Regardless, now I can't unsee it as extra nipples and now I can't buy the costume because I have a thing against people with more than two.

You freaks.

Really though, that model looks great but the outfit just sucks. It looks like she threw on a tarp and just tied it at random points on the side.

lol. I think they are just based on male Thors traditional armor.
I do think the bigger circles up top, on the female, are meant to emphasize her boobs though.

lol. I think they are just based on male Thors traditional armor.
I do think the bigger circles up top, on the female, are meant to emphasize her boobs though.

Yes.
Just like Valkyrie's:

She even has rings on her boob armor, as if she wanted people to shoot their looks right at the center of her tits. In some versions the rings are spirals. It's silly.
Seriously though, boob armor is really dumb and unpractical and I don't know why it keeps appearing in fantasy stuff.
Yes I know, cuz it's "so sexay", but nothing's hot about a carved in chest imo.

Also, that art is from the Facebook Marvel game, which has some gorgeous art. I'm serious.

Lord Phol

Well to be fair most armors/clothing in anime/fantasy/sci-fi/comics is pretty often unpractical and mainly designed to score style/sexy/cool points, boob armor just stands out alot. That said, not a big fan of that particular Thor design (or Valkyrie), the "new" thor female looks better IMO but I'm gonna hunk it out with Ultimate Thor for now!

Beta Ray Bill is the most superior Thor costume, anyway.

Also, 1820 files for Coulson. Can Red Arremer make it on the last 2 days, or will Gazillion spit in his soup?! That is the question!

KePoW

Banned
Is that Lady Thor picture accurate to comix? I have not gotten to any current series yet (I'm in Annihilation right now)

The Valkyrie pic looks awesome to me

Xenocthul

Is that Lady Thor picture accurate to comix? I have not gotten to any current series yet (I'm in Annihilation right now)

That Lady Thor is accurate to the Earth-X comics. The Female Thor in 616 is going to have her own costume eventually but I don't think Gaz has showed us a picture of the 616 Female Thor costume yet.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel/Gaz really dropped the ball, new Lady Thor looks so much cooler than that dumb Earth X outfit

portrait_uncanny.jpg

Indignate

I don't like that outfit either.

Like, some silver armor for her head and chest and then black wraps for the rest or whatever.

It both makes no sense and isn't sexy so I don't know what they're going for there.

Broke 1500 files last night with the dailies. So I should have Coulson by the next event I think.

Was pretty cool having the Zoo as the daily Terminal - though the rescue zoo patrons seemed a bit touchy.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair I'm not totally in love with that Thor design either, but the Earth X one just looks really stupid to me.

gazele

Banned
Any interest in doop or cow levels tonight?

I remember last time we did them was a pretty disappointing haul but figure I shouldn't just throw them away

Marvel/Gaz really dropped the ball, new Lady Thor looks so much cooler than that dumb Earth X outfit

They said they'll be doing Lady Thor at some point, but they won't be doing it for now due to her identity not being revealed in the books yet, and the fact they already had Earth-X lined up.
That said, personally, I would've preferred Thor Girl over Earth-X:

Was pretty cool having the Zoo as the daily Terminal - though the rescue zoo patrons seemed a bit touchy.

There's like 5 or 6 in the little side-rooms you have to go through (the 2 aquarium areas and that one storehouse area with the pool that has some rhinos in it - that has some cages to the side with like 3 or 4 people sitting in them).
I did manage to get 18 with one run, and that was before getting Lizard, so without the whole second big section with Kraven and Hyde, where I've also seen a few people.

Only thing I'm miffed about is that the "event" with the monkey ambush doesn't count, and neither does saving cops.

There's like 5 or 6 in the little side-rooms you have to go through (the 2 aquarium areas and that one storehouse area with the pool that has some rhinos in it - that has some cages to the side with like 3 or 4 people sitting in them).
I did manage to get 18 with one run, and that was before getting Lizard, so without the whole second big section with Kraven and Hyde, where I've also seen a few people.

Only thing I'm miffed about is that the "event" with the monkey ambush doesn't count, and neither does saving cops.

I watched people run away and swear my counter didn't increment a few times though.

Thought it was strange the ambush didn't count, but I can understand the cops not counting as they're not really zoo "patrons".

I watched people run away and swear my counter didn't increment a few times though.

Thought it was strange the ambush didn't count, but I can understand the cops not counting as they're not really zoo "patrons".

Yeah, there's been like 10 dudes that just fled and didn't count for the quest for me too haha.

Yeah, there's been like 10 dudes that just fled and didn't count for the quest for me too haha.

That's it haha

Still got it in one run though (only just, ended up with my last ones on the boardwalk to Hyde) so can't complain.

Forgot to do my Ape run last night though thinking about it.

Half way to getting my second level 66 recipe :)

What order should we focus on getting the upgrade recipes?

When I asked in SG, it was Slot 1 -> Slot 5 -> Slot 2,3,4 but it probably depends on characters/items and stuff too.

I've got Slot 1 (66) now. Will likely buy Slot 5 next anyway, as they're the most expensive. Get them out of the way lol..

Rhaknar

I havent struggled to level a hero like I am with Nova since...Punisher I think. I am just not enjoying him at all, no matter what spec I try :/

Sblargh

Banned

portrait_uncanny.jpg

I was thinking about it and the answer may be that we don't even know who she is (as far as I read, anyway). IP-wise, it must be tricky to deal with a character who just debuted like that.

Dec

What order should we focus on getting the upgrade recipes?

It depends what character you main. You want to upgrade your best uniques first. If you use a cosmic in any slot you can trade it to someone to upgrade to ilvl 69 either for free or probably like 4b. Or to a fellow gaffer to upgrade for you, letting you skip that slot until later.

GManDH

who in GAF has the 69 recipes already??

i know ppl who have 3 slots of 69 recps. i might be able to get upgrade 1 for u guys, but it has to be comics.also if u do manape and zoo everyday ull get one soon. im already at 100 something.

PS new one shot coming soon and a eye to heart conversion coming.

Top Bottom