• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Man I hope they're not going to ship the patch before I can grab a last set of Omega files on Friday morning. I'll be so upset if I'm 80 files short of Coulson because I missed 2 days (and that extra day some people were able to cheese out). :/

Volimar

Man I hope they're not going to ship the patch before I can grab a last set of Omega files on Friday morning. I'll be so upset if I'm 80 files short of Coulson because I missed 2 days (and that extra day some people were able to cheese out). :/

I've gotten to 1970 omega files.

can u get on now to check??

The server is offline for maintenance lol.
I have 1820 files. As said, if I can't get tomorrow's files before the patch (which I hope is deployed a few hours after the daily reset), I'll be 80 files short. Which would be lame-o.

Lord Phol

i know ppl who have 3 slots of 69 recps. i might be able to get upgrade 1 for u guys, but it has to be comics.also if u do manape and zoo everyday ull get one soon. im already at 100 something.

PS new one shot coming soon and a eye to heart conversion coming.

WHAT!? Now I definetly need to go back to raiding each week, I might actually see level 69 gear some day!

Moondrop

Banned
(and that extra day some people were able to cheese out). :/
Hey, I've acknowledged it was unfair, but that's on Gazillion. The players served no cheese, but rather properly interpreted their patch schedule. And you should anticipate the same "residual day" to occur again in approximately 20 hours.

Brutal that they've put out two extended downtimes this week during Oceanic hours.

Wait, they're patching today? I'm at 1900 and stuck at work : (

Oh, is this downtime not the actual event changing patch? Maybe I shouldn't rush to conclusions

Anyone have any idea where I could find a list of gameplay style of all the heroes?

My google fu is failling me.

Most heroes have several styles of gameplay, though if you want to break it down into very basic archetypes:
Melee DPS: Black Panther, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Juggernaut, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Nightcrawler, Wolverine
Ranged/AoE DPS: Cyclops, Cable, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Jean Grey, Mr. Fantastic, Punisher, Rocket Raccoon, Scarlet Witch, Silver Surfer, Star-Lord, Storm
Summoner: Loki, Luke Cage, Rocket Raccoon, Squirrel Girl
Tank: Colossus, Hulk, Thing, Thor
Hybrid: Black Widow, Captain America, Deadpool, Emma Frost, Gambit, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Nova, Psylocke, Rogue, Spider-Man, Taskmaster

Wait, they're patching today? I'm at 1900 and stuck at work : (

Oh, is this downtime not the actual event changing patch? Maybe I shouldn't rush to conclusions

The patch drops tomorrow. You got enough time to get up to 2k if you haven't done today's dailies. :)

Most heroes have several styles of gameplay, though if you want to break it down into very basic archetypes:
Melee DPS: Black Panther, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Juggernaut, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Nightcrawler, Wolverine
Ranged/AoE DPS: Cyclops, Cable, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Jean Grey, Mr. Fantastic, Punisher, Rocket Raccoon, Scarlet Witch, Silver Surfer, Star-Lord, Storm
Summoner: Loki, Luke Cage, Rocket Raccoon, Squirrel Girl
Tank: Colossus, Hulk, Thing, Thor
Hybrid: Black Widow, Captain America, Deadpool, Emma Frost, Gambit, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Nova, Psylocke, Rogue, Spider-Man, Taskmaster

Thank you very much.

@Gothos, my free char is Racoon, I usually enjoy Melee char more in ARPGs like this.

Moondrop

Banned
So I'm a bit late to the Juggernaut theorycrafting party; forgive me if this is all obvious.

I put a lot of effort into intuitive skill rotations on my G700 mouse for all characters. Juggernaut was proving quite tricky, until it finally clicked: Stride on RMB, Sunday Punch on LMB, and movement powers on the thumb buttons. This enables one-handed perma-Stride gameplay (normally my left hand is controlling auto-walk/stand still on the keyboard), but it's a bit difficult to control so far.

Anyone (everyone?) else attempting perma-Stride?

Thank you very much.

@Gothos, my free char is Racoon, I usually enjoy Melee char more in ARPGs like this.

Currently Juggernaut, Daredevil, Wolverine and Moon Knight are iirc the best melee characters DPS-wise. That of course does not mean they're the most fun
though Juggernaut is a blast, I haven't tried Wolverine since his review a while ago, and Daredevil actually was fun when I played him
or up your alley in terms of the specific gameplay, but for what it's worth. :p

Hoping I might have a chance to do yesterday/today's dailies tonight when I get home before it rolls over.

Usually take about an hour or so, so I might be able to do them.

Want those last Omega files!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so any word on the new Wolverine costume?

also, fuck me I did not see me struggling with Nova so much coming. Ive said it before, but this is Punisher levels of "I do not want to play this character" :/

its not even a burned out thing, I just leveld Juggs and I loved it and did it in no time

also, fuck me I did not see me struggling with Nova so much coming. Ive said it before, but this is Punisher levels of "I do not want to play this character" :/

its not even a burned out thing, I just leveld Juggs and I loved it and did it in no time

It's completely ok to not like Nova.

I really like Nova, and I was faaaar from an optimal build and didn't even optimise powers or anything.

Looking forward to getting back to him after I 60 Juggs.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

That's how I feel about Star Lord. I was able to push him through the 50s with the bonus XP this week, but even that was a complete drag until 57 when I could equip a hand of Nimrod to at least not worry about spirit problems so I could actually do some damage. It didn't help that I went to him after Cyclops, who was almost immediately my new favorite character, and Rogue who was the most fun I had leveling and building.

That's how I feel about Star Lord. I was able to push him through the 50s with the bonus XP this week, but even that was a complete drag until 57 when I could equip a hand of Nimrod to at least not worry about spirit problems so I could actually do some damage. It didn't help that I went to him after Cyclops, who was almost immediately my new favorite character, and Rogue who was the most fun I had leveling and building.

I really struggled with Star-Lord at the beginning, especially as I wanted to go the Elemental build and back before the QoL changes, it was a pretty lacklustre way to go.

He's another one I'd like to go back to - though I did get him to level 60 anyway.

Lord Phol

Nova is a bit hit and miss, some powers feel and look great, while others are very generic and/or unpolished. His melee builds are definetly better and more though-out than his ranged builds. If they ever decide on making a QoL for him they need to flesh out his ranged options IMO.

Got him to level 47 blue prestige yesterday, might take him to Orange. Experimented a bit with his ranged builds along the way, was pretty good for leveling but left alot to be desired funwise. Cascading bolt is actually a dps loss compared to pulsar spamming.

Is there a hero that teleports who is good with bosses and mobs who moving? Just trying to optimize my terminal quest runs to shave a few minutes a day. My goal is to run the green terminals for the cube shards and kill as many mobs on the way to the boss as fast as possible. Maybe its my builds but it seems like I have trouble with one or the other. I either have to slow down and stop to take care of mobs when the boss fights will be just a few seconds; or I am death rolling over the mobs as I make my way to the boss but the boss battle is an extended fight.

Lord Phol

Sometimes I don't understand people. Usually the TC forums are full of people complaining about TTKs, bad passives etc with suggestions to remove animations and things that get in the way of optimal performance. This time however alot of the main criticism (along with the odin mechanic) seem to be about Thors visuals being bad. Personally I've always thought he had some of the best ones (especially when compared with the other launch heroes) in the game, while heroes like Storm who no one seems to mind the visuals for look rather tame. It's like the world is upside down.

Dec

Is there a hero that teleports who is good with bosses and mobs who moving? Just trying to optimize my terminal quest runs to shave a few minutes a day. My goal is to run the green terminals for the cube shards and kill as many mobs on the way to the boss as fast as possible. Maybe its my builds but it seems like I have trouble with one or the other. I either have to slow down and stop to take care of mobs when the boss fights will be just a few seconds; or I am death rolling over the mobs as I make my way to the boss but the boss battle is an extended fight.

Nightcrawler would do that in greens and reds.

Juggernaut, too. For example if you do Kurse, he can use his signature on the starting bridge and kill everything on it on the way to the commanders and have it off cooldown by the time Kurse is up. If you need him to teleport, you could always equip a zigguraut on someone that has the aoe and single target to do what you want but no teleport.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Silver Surfer can move really quickly and has a teleport that does damage. As long as you hit two targets each time you can teleport indefinitely, and even if you don't you can regen your Power Cosmic back really quickly.

Dec

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/147674/marvel-heroes-2015-1-23-patch-notes

Mindless Ones now have their original texture once again.

Off-screen pointers and minimap icons for game mode chests and objectives will now be cleared correctly.

Sentinels spawned as part of a random event in Midtown will no longer count as bosses/super villains for Legendary Quests.

Power Cosmic circles spawned from bosses will no longer persist after defeat or appear invisible.

Multi-Spec has arrived in Marvel Heroes! Initially, players will have an additional free power point ‘spec’ available which can be accessed by pressing ‘2’ on your Power Panel

Sblargh

Banned
They nerfed Mindless Ones textures? That's it, I'm taking a break of another week to drown myself into the pit of King's Bounty iron grip.

inky

I noticed that terminals don't spawn chests anymore. I used those as a quick way to level my pets. (usually got 5-6 items per chest. Shocker's terminal has like 5 of them so it's pretty fast).

KePoW

Banned
I noticed that terminals don't spawn chests anymore. I used those as a quick way to level my pets. (usually got 5-6 items per chest. Shocker's terminal has like 5 of them so it's pretty fast).

The normal chests throughout the level?

Top Bottom