• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Armor event eh? See y'all with next week's patch

It's so hard jumping into this one after Omega. The loss of all that XP and now having much less to "collect for", makes it less of a pull.

Gotta get my Juggs geared up and with a good build though, so I'll work on him this weekend.

Volimar

Juggs is a lot more popular than i figured he'd be. I wonder how much of it had to do with that insane cosmic Kurse clearing video.

KePoW

Banned
hmm just got the patch and logged on today... is there a bug with missing chests in Terminals? I don't seem to see any

Dec

Juggs is a lot more popular than i figured he'd be. I wonder how much of it had to do with that insane cosmic Kurse clearing video.

In terms of showing off his gameplay and that he's viable, sure it had an effect on people playing him or not. I don't think it was because of the Kurse time though, there are character with faster times, Juggs is just really fun and also happens to be really good.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
One thing that's bugging me about this game is that they consistently mess up glass cannon characters - that is, they nail the glass part, but forget the cannon part. Cyclops even after his rework is very squishy, but his damage is NOT up to par with Juggernaut, even, and that dude is a tank. Star-Lord also has issues in this department. It really feels like playing super squishy characters is often just kind of a waste of time.

Dec

Resubscribed to Marvel Unlimited hoping some problems were ironed out and turns out they weren't. Site is slow as shit.

5 minutes of refreshing a page and clicking read now over and over until it works.

Can't believe they charge money for this mess.

Sblargh

Banned
One thing that's bugging me about this game is that they consistently mess up glass cannon characters - that is, they nail the glass part, but forget the cannon part. Cyclops even after his rework is very squishy, but his damage is NOT up to par with Juggernaut, even, and that dude is a tank. Star-Lord also has issues in this department. It really feels like playing super squishy characters is often just kind of a waste of time.

My first reaction was to defend the game, but I actually dropped playing Reed because of this. Amazing damage, but I was often getting slaughtered on cosmic terminals before getting a chance to actually deal it.

Then comes Ghost Rider who does incredible damage, has uniques with lots of HP and the best HP regen in the game.

It's clear that they're doing those reworks thinking about TTK; but survivability sounds like a distant second in terms of priority; I think Ghost Rider only has those options because his damage is influenced by having little HP.

It's that test dummy culture of measuring characters by killing something that does not hit back real fast.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm reading David Brevik said on stream that they plan on having X-23 on TC around Thanksgiving. Finally! I can start getting hyped for real now. Been waiting about a year on her release. Just hope she turns out good!

Resubscribed to Marvel Unlimited hoping some problems were ironed out and turns out they weren't. Site is slow as shit.

5 minutes of refreshing a page and clicking read now over and over until it works.

I use the android app and it works pretty well...way better than the website.

Dec

I use the android app and it works pretty well...way better than the website.

I might have to do that but it's a shame. Why would I read on a little tablet screen when I'm sitting next to my glorious PC monitor?

It will come in handy for when I'm not home, but when I am it's pretty lame.

KePoW

Banned

I re-subscribed to MU last week, and yes the website still sucks major ass

However, I can say the Android app is like 10x improved from when I last tried maybe 1.5 years ago. I read comix on my tabletz like 98% of the time, so I guess I can't complain

I might have to do that but it's a shame. Why would I read on a little tablet screen when I'm sitting next to my glorious PC monitor?

I like to read in bed, do it's not a problem for me. Is there not a way to hook your tablet up to your monitor?

KePoW

Banned
My first reaction was to defend the game, but I actually dropped playing Reed because of this. Amazing damage, but I was often getting slaughtered on cosmic terminals before getting a chance to actually deal it.

Reed is definitely squishy at first, I noticed that bigtime too.

But after I gave him a 1000 stack of the Defense relic and I think one defensive artifact, it helped a ton and he's fine now. You just can't gear 100% offense

Did dual spec go online last night?

yes, officially in

I'm not sure how to explain it, but I find reading on my tablet to feel "bigger" and a clearer experience than my PC monitor. But I have a full 10" tablet and 24" primary monitor.

I think part of it is because my PC monitors are always in landscape orientation, whereas on a tablet you read it portrait. I suppose I can swivel my monitor to portrait to compare, but that's a serious pain to do every time.

Dec

I'm not sure how to explain it, but I find reading on my tablet to feel "bigger" and a clearer experience than my PC monitor. But I have a full 10" tablet and 24" primary monitor.

I think part of it is because my PC monitors are always in landscape orientation, whereas on a tablet you read it portrait. I suppose I can swivel my monitor to portrait to compare, but that's a serious pain to do every time.

27 inch IPS, they look very nice when they work.

You can get monitors that take a few seconds to orientate in portrait, or even have a secondary monitor that is always in portrait orientation.

Hmm, time to find some heroes to multi-spec. Punchclops here we go!

That is a good idea. Im running through purple prestige with Cyclops now. I will multispec him for melee tomorrow.

Tonight I rolled another costume in the blender and got this..

inDr4IA.jpg

Im pretty sure its not called "old man costume" in the game, but either way Im really happy with it. Especially with Thor getting his review soon. I havent played him in aaaages. He was a little squishy and dull from what I remember, so I hope he will be more fun, post-review.
Its definitely a cool looking outfit.

So I'm reading David Brevik said on stream that they plan on having X-23 on TC around Thanksgiving. Finally! I can start getting hyped for real now. Been waiting about a year on her release. Just hope she turns out good!

Time to rain on that parade:

Doomsaw said:
X-23 will definitely not be on test center for Thanksgiving, but she is making great progress and will likely be available by X-Mas

Also, funny that they're doing Savage Land Rogue. I wonder just how much they'll tone down the amount of skin shown.

Doomsaw said:
Savage Land Rogue is also confirmed, although we had to make a few tweaks, so it's Savage Land inspired. It's very beautiful and amazing.

Drayco21

Also, funny that they're doing Savage Land Rogue. I wonder just how much they'll tone down the amount of skin shown.

I can't imagine what other tweaks they'd do besides modest it up, which kind of begs the question of why make this particular costume at all.

Indignate

You're saying that I have to hang out with my family before X-23.

Fine, whatever. As long as it's soon.

You're saying that I have to hang out with my family TWICE?

You're killing me Gaz.

KePoW

Banned
I'm loving this ARMOR event, it's much less stressful. Especially with no server XP boost or anything, you don't feel forced to play

KePoW

Banned
and WHOA... I've never heard of Savage Land Rogue before, but I just googled it and me likey! The more skin the better!!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
newuniques being found on test center, theres a another one but cant find pic yet
theres new rings dropping to in patrol
slot 1 new unique

ThKDgyr.png

slot 5 new unique

sanjaku.jpg

Top Bottom