• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Oh man. Savage Land Rogue (inspired?) outfit incoming :D
I really hope Gaz doesnt go too PC on us and cover up too much skin. With Emmas P5 outfit in the game, Im not sure why Savage Land Rogue would be a problem.
I'll be super-pissed if she's wearing long pants or something :mad:

Those are the longest legs I've ever seen on anybody ever.

There's worse:
tumblr_lgl3648psn1qgh81uo1_500.png

Guess the artist. ;)

Jtrizzy

couple of questions. What is the speculation as to what the next story addition/new levels will be and where it would take place? Also, what comic was that recent splash screen from with the caves with lava?

Drayco21

couple of questions. What is the speculation as to what the next story addition/new levels will be and where it would take place? Also, what comic was that recent splash screen from with the caves with lava?

They confirmed at their panel at one of the shows last year that it would be Secret Invasion/Skrulls next. Axis is getting some kind of story content too here soon, apparently after Magento's release, but it's probably a one-shot- the only other thing I could see is a raid against Red Onslaught, which would be magnificent, but there's no way they do another one so soon with so little build up. The post-raid cutscene shows that
Thanos is coming to Earth to wreck some shit, and is bringing Doom with him, who is going to be playable next year, so that'll be their justification for it- so whatever content that happens in, will be out in 12 months tops.
. I'd guarantee there's an Ultron one-shot or raid of some kind next summer.

The splash screen was from Muspelheim, primarily from The Mighty Thor.

Dec

They confirmed at their panel at one of the shows last year that it would be Secret Invasion/Skrulls next. Axis is getting some kind of story content too here soon, apparently after Magento's release, but it's probably a one-shot- the only other thing I could see is a raid against Red Onslaught, which would be magnificent, but there's no way they do another one so soon with so little build up. The post-raid cutscene shows that
Thanos is coming to Earth to wreck some shit, and is bringing Doom with him, who is going to be playable next year, so that'll be their justification for it- so whatever content that happens in, will be out in 12 months tops.
. I'd guarantee there's an Ultron one-shot or raid of some kind next summer.

The splash screen was from Muspelheim, primarily from The Mighty Thor.

I thought it was 100% confirmed the next raid is Axis?

Drayco21

I thought it was 100% confirmed the next raid is Axis?

It's very possible that I missed some dev comments- I don't remember hearing anything after "Axis tie-in content" and something about Magneto needing to be out first, without any specifics. I hope so, Red Onslaught would be such a perfect raid boss.

Edit, Doomsaw on Reddit last month:

We are building a small AXIS raid to destroy the Red Onslaught menace 2 society.
And StarkTech Sentinels are in it along with some other enemies that are not yet shown in the comics...

Based.

Dec

It's very possible that I missed some dev comments- I don't remember hearing anything after "Axis tie-in content" and something about Magneto needing to be out first, without any specifics. I hope so, Red Onslaught would be such a perfect raid boss.

Edit, Doomsaw on Reddit last month:

Based.

Now that I think about it, it was originally announced in a Twitch stream chat.

Would there actually be any interest in streaming red raid attempts?

We are building a small AXIS raid to destroy the Red Onslaught menace 2 society.
And StarkTech Sentinels are in it along with some other enemies that are not yet shown in the comics...

Whooooah whoa whoa!

That's awesome!

Surtur never really interested me, but I'd definitely love to give Red Onslaught a go.

I should do the green raid one day.

I did it once with my SG ages ago, back when it first dropped.

Nowadays though they're all a little too precious about it IMO. Gotta have a mic, gotta be fully geared, gotta have blessings blah blah.. I just want a casual run now and again, don't really care if I don't complete it every time lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its amazing how much you get done gaming wise (or even with other shit) when you are not playing a game 24/7.

In the last few weeks I managed to play and finished The Evil Within, Styx, Lords of the Fallen, COD: Ghosts, The Room, almost finished Advanced Warfare (didnt because it started crashing all over the place), and put some good time into Thief and Ryse.

MH really is the new WoW (for me), it was the exact same when I was heavy into that, i basically missed a entire generation of console games (PS2) because of WoW

this isnt a bash on MH, I still love he game, its just...the nature of the beast I guess

In the last few weeks I managed to play and finished The Evil Within, Styx, Lords of the Fallen, COD: Ghosts, The Room, almost finished Advanced Warfare (didnt because it started crashing all over the place), and put some good time into Thief and Ryse.

How'd you end up liking (or hating) CoD Ghosts?

Resubscribed to Marvel Unlimited hoping some problems were ironed out and turns out they weren't. Site is slow as shit.

5 minutes of refreshing a page and clicking read now over and over until it works.

Can't believe they charge money for this mess.

Not sure if anyone else answered you on this, but I found that the browser makes a big difference with this. I use Chrome, but for reading Marvel Unlimited I found Internet Explorer and Firefox work WAY better, with far far far less screw ups. Not to say they don't happen, but much less frequently. Say once every 4-6 issues in IE as opposed to screwing up every 1-2 issues in Chrome.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

it was alright. I know that everyone hates it, but I still think BLOPS2 is worse (those pseudo RTS missions killed me). It started strong with the dog stuff, but then the dog just disapears and the game drags until it picks up again at the end. The underwater level was one of my favorite levels in a COD ever.

I would put it with blops 2, mw3 and cod 3 (if you want to go further back) in the worst cod games, but I still enjoyed it.

Advanced Warfare on the other hand is awesome, easily the best cod since cod4, and its really bumming me out that it started crashing all over the place near the end

But dont take my word for anything, I have very low standards, Im enjoying Thief and Ryse right now for example :p

its amazing how much you get done gaming wise (or even with other shit) when you are not playing a game 24/7.

this isnt a bash on MH, I still love he game, its just...the nature of the beast I guess

This week's event is definitely one you can phone in - I've been back to the PS4 a bit already since the weekend.

Just doing my dailies in MH and leaving.

As opposed to Omega week where I feel like I need to be playing as much as is humanly possible because the benefits are insane. Almost 250 Omega Points I earned last week.

Dec

Not sure if anyone else answered you on this, but I found that the browser makes a big difference with this. I use Chrome, but for reading Marvel Unlimited I found Internet Explorer and Firefox work WAY better, with far far far less screw ups. Not to say they don't happen, but much less frequently. Say once every 4-6 issues in IE as opposed to screwing up every 1-2 issues in Chrome.

I use Waterfox but I'll try explorer. Thanks

Just finished a raid where brimstone didn't spawn in the portal at surtur. We couldn't finish the portal cause he wasn't there so we all just sat in there for 10 minutes while the other 5 people killed surtur. Thankfully we were way ahead before it bugged out.

Midtown Madness didnt kick in for some reason. Quite a few people seem unhappy about it.
I just finished my purple prestige with Cyclops and only found 4 or 5 Uniques through the whole thing. They can be really rare without events to help them turn up.

I don't think Midtown Madness kicks in until after 9 am PST or something like that. A couple times it's started at noon.

OK, it looks like their intent is 12 AM, but since the inception of the event it's only started on time maybe twice. If you look through the forums, it's almost always been late.

KePoW

Banned
Midtown Madness didnt kick in for some reason. Quite a few people seem unhappy about it.
I just finished my purple prestige with Cyclops and only found 4 or 5 Uniques through the whole thing. They can be really rare without events to help them turn up.

Are you in the GAF guild? Don't think I've noticed a prestiged Cyclops before

Welp, looks like 12 PST was right.

Cosmic Cupcake said:
Midtown Madness Monday will begin at 12:00 PM PST today, and end at 12:00PM PST tomorrow! There will be a server message announcing when it has started.

If you're on EST, it will start at 3:00 PM. If you're on GMT, it will start at 8:00 PM. If you're on AEDT, it willl start at 7:00 AM.

Rhaknar

completely off topic but since you asked about Ghosts, just finished Advanced Warfare, and unlike Ghosts which I thought was OK at best but still down there with the likes of blops 2 and MW3, AW is EASILY the best cod game (or campaign, I dont play MP) since COD4, its really good if you like those campaigns

KePoW

Banned
completely off topic but since you asked about Ghosts, just finished Advanced Warfare, and unlike Ghosts which I thought was OK at best but still down there with the likes of blops 2 and MW3, AW is EASILY the best cod game (or campaign, I dont play MP) since COD4, its really good if you like those campaigns

as far as Story/Plot??

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Magneto is pure energy and will have the highest base energy so far

Hi all,

Happy Monday!

We consulted with some folks and want to announce that Magneto will be 100% Energy damage.

Reason: He has an absurdly high Energy stat (officially) and the brand compliance desire is to go with that route.

I believe @MichaelMayhem* will be correcting the Rogue stolen power to be Energy damage (and possibly reviewing it's functionality when Magneto launches) to match the Magneto boss, which deals pure energy damage.

I wanted to announce this in advance since we have said he could be all physical damage in the past (at least I did).

Yeah, we had a discussion about that, but it makes sense if you think about it like this:

A metal object hitting you is physical, but Magneto uses Energy to project that metal object faster and create a stronger impact, so it makes sense for him to do more damage the stronger his Energy is.
So, we buy that and think it makes decent sense overall.

Plus he has some pretty awesome electromagnetic attacks outside of just hitting folks with stuff. His VFX are turning out pretty insane.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Thank goodness. Magneto as physical damage is an insult to anyone with a high school-level background in physics.

Not that this is a big deal to me, but throwing a metal object at a person strikes me as kinetic (physical) energy, even if the force that propels said object is magnetism.

Moondrop

Banned
Not that this is a big deal to me, but throwing a metal object at a person strikes me as kinetic (physical) energy, even if the force that propels said object is magnetism.
Of course it is, and the developers acknowledged it as such in the post above. But Jean has the exact same type of power- would you recode it as physical (making her a Rogue/Doom-level triple hybrid), remove all such powers, or do as the developers have done?

Wrapping your brain around this makeshift solution is infinitely more logical than trying to understand how powers such as Rogue's copied ability could be physical damage.

That's good to hear. Previews have all been solid, so glad to see the game delivered.

I'm pretty excited for Magneto. I've been quite impressed with what they've been doing lately. Nova, Juggs - Psylocke, Cyclops reviews.. They're doing some good things.

Had a really frustrating night last night, kept getting server disconnects. Wasn't too bad when I was doing the MM and Terminal dailies, but trying to do Ape and Xdef was impossible. Missed out on both of them last night :(

Top Bottom