• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Today, because its Veterans Day, I decided to play Captain America. With MidTown Madness and two xp boosts I got to level 25 in less than a half a hour which was a thrill. I ws gaining a level for each MTM chest I opened.

However I hate Captain's voice. it sounds nothing like his previous outings in cartoons and media and nothing like I expected when reading comics. Really irks me and for all the costumes he has, none of them are enhanced. So each one has that jarring fake 1960s school film voice.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
thor is still shit all i need to say lol 3 jump moves lol. no changes to his defensive side, fairly squishy still. i guess they are atleast making him live up to the comics where he isnt the god of thunder anymore lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thor is still shit all i need to say lol 3 jump moves lol. no changes to his defensive side, fairly squishy still. i guess they are atleast making him live up to the comics where he isnt the god of thunder anymore lol

but Thor isnt shit on live

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Of course it is, and the developers acknowledged it as such in the post above. But Jean has the exact same type of power- would you recode it as physical (making her a Rogue/Doom-level triple hybrid), remove all such powers, or do as the developers have done?

Wrapping your brain around this makeshift solution is infinitely more logical than trying to understand how powers such as Rogue's copied ability could be physical damage.

I agree with you, and the design philosophy, but logically from a physics-based perspective, as you alluded to, it should be physical damage in those cases. From a game design perspective, by all means make it all energy, totally.

edit: I don't typically read TC forums on the official site, but wanting a sneak peek at Thor and it's making me sad, looks like Gaz is making a botch of it :( overcomplicated mechanics, too many resources, ability redundancies, just bad design... I hope this won't be the case.

Dec

but Thor isnt shit on live

He isn't but he is still pretty far down the ladder. From what I've heard this review does nothing to improve the character in any way. He has to manage multiple gameplay mechanics to keep up to the dps he does now on live and is very squishy with no way to get crit at all.

Tuning doesn't seem completely finished at the moment but I'm not expecting anything along the lines of Ghost Rider, Psylocke and Cyclops.

Overall I wish I had used the splinters on Luke Cage instead of assuming this review would be up with the recent ones in quality.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It's not the first time a review has been underwhelming and needed a QoL to fix things up, or some characters, like Spidey and Ms Marvel, who are totally fine but lack any real distinguishing mechanics. Black Widow's review was underwhelming, cyclops has cool new powers but still feels too weak for how squishy he is.

What baffles me is they just showed with Juggernaut they can do unique mechanics, sick damage AND survivability really well, yet Thor looks like a clunky mess with 3 resources, subpar damage and TTL, if test forums are to be believed. And of course as usual, he's coming in super hot with major changes happening days before he's scheduled to go live. I really think something's gotta give in the content pipeline at Gaz at some point, they're constantly putting out fires.

edit: I don't typically read TC forums on the official site, but wanting a sneak peek at Thor and it's making me sad, looks like Gaz is making a botch of it :( overcomplicated mechanics, too many resources, ability redundancies, just bad design... I hope this won't be the case.

Out of all of those, ability redundancy is the only complaint I can agree with. His mechanics are in no way complicated, two resources have never been "too many", and his design has more thought put into it than 75% of this game's roster. I won't say he turned out great, but he's not bad by any means. We still got another two days of builds to work with anyway.
Miles ahead of Nova in terms of quality.

I like this new medallion

TitanMedallion_zps1d98975b.jpg

Lord Phol

With Gaz disregarding Nova, me having tons of other games to play and being just days away from becoming a father I will probably spend less time with this game in the coming weeks/months. Hopefully I can still get in some game time for the big patches and new released heroes. Not quitting the game or anything just a little break.

With Gaz disregarding Nova, me having tons of other games to play and being just days away from becoming a father I will probably spend less time with this game in the coming weeks/months. Hopefully I can still get in some game time for the big patches and new released heroes. Not quitting the game or anything just a little break.
Congratulations, Phol!

Sblargh

Banned

Congratulation, mang! Here's hoping he/she is a mutant with a cool power instead of just being green or something.

Wow congrats man!

I've been taking breaks from this, but Juggernaut and the Omega Drive event had me back in pretty hard that week. With WoD, possibly a PS4 purchase, and a huge backlog all in my face right now, Marvel needs to take a backseat. With that said, I would still rank Marvel Heroes
as my GOTY, for sure.

Lord Phol

Thanks for the gratulations :D, can't wait to meet her! Going to be hard to completely let this game go with Magneto, X-23, Venom and Iceman comin up. I have a feeling my gaming backlog will continue to grow.

Taking Deadpool through blue prestige now.
His DPS seems really crappy and Im not really enjoying him at all - despite how cool his mini-gun power looks.

Spoit

His DPS seems really crappy and Im not really enjoying him at all - despite how cool his mini-gun power looks.

Even with the super boosted xp during omega week, I couldn't bring myself to even take him to 60 the first time. 50 is where I threw up my hands in disgust

KePoW

Banned
Thanks for the gratulations :D, can't wait to meet her! Going to be hard to completely let this game go with Magneto, X-23, Venom and Iceman comin up. I have a feeling my gaming backlog will continue to grow.

awww man, I'll miss playing with you my brazilian friend!!

I just took my Deadpool to 60. (Lady Deadpool). She is not a bad terminal runner. The minigun tears up green and red terminal bosses. Not good for Man Ape but then again, who is?

I took him to Red 60 as he's my fav Marvel character, but apart from Red Terminal clearing, I don't find him particularly useful for anything and I've tried all of the recommended builds.

Definitely on the lowest end of the DPS spectrum and there are far better characters for Cosmic clearing/Raids etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if by portuguese roots you mean Im portuguese, yes that is true

LuuKyK

I think the green on that Rogue's costume is a bit too much isn't it? Should be a darker tone instead if we are going by the artwork (iirc). Looks good though.

4377254670_d2d54965c1.jpg

Pretty impressed actually, that Rogue costume has ended up pretty respectable.

Certainly not as "nerfed" as I was expecting it to be. I'll probably grab that one as I didn't bite on Rogue's 80's X-Men.

Rhaknar

rogue looks awesome. hell even thor does (still dont want it)

Mag's white costume being default will KILL MY "I dont use default costumes on any character" OCD tho

Moondrop

Banned
I feel like Iceman has the potential of being as awesome as Juggernaut if they do him justice.
I can easily see him being top tier in solo effectiveness: freezing is just too good in ARPGs. Also I bet he'll have a nice melee side as well, and take great advantage of melee/ranged reciprocal proc gear. Not to mention the visual potential.

Mag's white costume being default will KILL MY "I dont use default costumes on any character" OCD tho
Lol, I'm having the opposite problem with my "character must wear most canon look" OCD.

Btw it's awesome that they gave him all those pouches on his belt. Classic superhero costumes are completely impractical in neglecting space to hold your keys, wallet, and smartphone. :p

Top Bottom