• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

I believe Adawg was poking fun at KePow's documented history of racial preference on this thread, not at the prior argument re: gender stereotypes.

I had to look up White Knight, because I didn't know what it meant.

"1) A man who stands up for a womens right to be an absolute equal, but then steps up like a white knight to rescue her any time that equality becomes a burden."

I'm pretty confident that was directed at me, don't you think? If not, then my reply was way off-base and I apologize.

Fair enough, but if it's just subjective (like most things man-made) then would it be okey for me to personally think something or someone is more or less feminime/masculine according to my views on gender and looks? It feels like there's a big negative stigma surrounding all this in todays society, whenever someones enjoys a pair of boobs or a half-naked woman you are considered sexist and should be treated like crap even if you yourself never meant it in a harmful manner at all but quite the opposite. Personally I love all the things that I consider feminime and there are women in this world I would rank even more beautiful than a perfect sunset or the stars themselves.

I might be overgeneralizing but I sometimes feel like the whole world just want to erase genders so we can evolve into something like the borgs or neutral gendered balls of energy linked together like a hive mind or something. That just doesn't sit right with me, the world would loose so much beauty (no to mention the sex would be really boring).

Whenever I use the word feminime or masculine to describe someone or something most people understand exactly what I mean, what's the harm in that?

There is a difference between your subjective appreciation of what you feel constitutes femininity, and thinking that anyone else who views it differently is attempting to erase genders. I have my own specific taste in what I like in a woman. I would never try to argue that someone who doesn't match that taste is somehow less feminine. That's flat out insulting.

Men's right movement? Now who's the one generalizing, you dissapoint me.

That was in direct response to a white knight accusation tossed my way. I'm sure you can understand the hyperbole in my response.

Dec

When is she due? I am getting close to 400 splinters again, and I'm thinking about saving them for Magneto or for Iceman or Blade. Those are basically the next three heroes I would really like to grab, and now that my time with this game is falling off, I feel like each splinter is even more precious.

X-23 might throw a wrinkle in the plan.

She is 200 splinters, and I believe releases are Magneto the week after American Thanksgiving, X-23 in December and Venom either on Christmas eve or the first week or two of January.

"1) A man who stands up for a womens right to be an absolute equal, but then steps up like a white knight to rescue her any time that equality becomes a burden."

I'm pretty confident that was directed at me, don't you think? If not, then my reply was way off-base and I apologize.

He said White is Right Knight, not White Knight. Dark being potentially the opposite of White? Seems to obviously be a joke about Kepow.

Indignate

When is she due? I am getting close to 400 splinters again, and I'm thinking about saving them for Magneto or for Iceman or Blade. Those are basically the next three heroes I would really like to grab, and now that my time with this game is falling off, I feel like each splinter is even more precious.

Before X-Mas was last I saw.

But that stealth release can come at anytime.

I'm pretty confident that was directed at me, don't you think?

White is Right Knight, not White Knight.

Pretty sure it was a dig at Kepow.

edit: beaten

Yeah, other than X-23 or Magneto, I can kinda take a break until next year. Iceman is a must-have for me.

I'm tired of these weekly events. Just push omega every week so I can grab Coulson!!!!

White is Right Knight, not White Knight.

Pretty sure it was a dig at Kepow.

He wrote "white is right" knight. Not white knight. Simple mistake, that blew up a little bit.

Maybe we should just defuse the situation and focus on Marvel Heroes. Let's talk about how much we're excited for X-23 or what hero we're focused on leveling now.

If that is the case, then I am a horse's ass. I'm confused why he replied to me directly instead of Kepow. I sincerely apologize to AdawgDaFAB.

----

On-topic: YAY Magneto! BOO X-23!

Another night Gaz decide to do Network Maintenance right in peak Aussie playing time.

Did manage to catch up on all the new comic book releases though, so there's that...

X-23 is, first off, likely going to drop in December, so shortly after Magneto, and she is also going to only be 200 splinters.
Iceman is going to happen early next year, and Blade is not going to happen for a long time; Ryolnir or Doomsaw pretty much confirmed he's going to be their character for Halloween 2015.

X-23 is, first off, likely going to drop in December, so shortly after Magneto, and she is also going to only be 200 splinters.
Iceman is going to happen early next year, and Blade is not going to happen for a long time; Ryolnir or Doomsaw pretty much confirmed he's going to be their character for Halloween 2015.

Whoa. Halloween? Man, that sucks. Well, I guess I should stop worrying about splinters.

Indignate

So what's the most efficient way to farm these damn Armor Drives?

I've been getting on and just doing some terminals while waiting for a Manape or Hyde groups since those drop a decent amount.

X-Def seems like it can give you a huge stack, but those last around 20 minutes or so and I feel like farming Red Doom would be faster or something.

Dec

Another night Gaz decide to do Network Maintenance right in peak Aussie playing time.

Did manage to catch up on all the new comic book releases though, so there's that...

There were server health concerns I thought. They moved the game to another pool of servers to get them up faster (I assume they rent).

I've been getting on and just doing some terminals while waiting for a Manape or Hyde groups since those drop a decent amount.

X-Def seems like it can give you a huge stack, but those last around 20 minutes or so and I feel like farming Red Doom would be faster or something.

Overall I would say it's quite balanced, just do whatever you want and they'll come at similar rates. Probably faster doing things like terminals where you being geared or efficient can directly influence how many you get, where as in xdef you are kind of at the mercy of other people making it to a high wave and clearing the waves fast.

If you want to get them quickly for minimal work but be a leech you could just be fast on the fingers in LFG chat.

Red, since you always have a good track on what's coming down the pipeline: Iron Fist?

When is the Living Weapon going to become everyone's forever main?

Red Terminal Magneto drops three drives for absolutely no effort. Rush him like crazy.

Red, since you always have a good track on what's coming down the pipeline: Iron Fist?

No set date for him, but I'd wager closer to the middle of the year. Iceman and Winter Soldier should be the first two characters of the year. After that it's an ever changing toss up.

Dec

I've been reading through the most recent Iron Fist series and it's quite good, looking forward to his release a lot. Hope he plays super fast and smooth.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
really wish I didnt buy Wrlords all those months ago, have no interest at all in playing it atm. On topic, I dont regret buying the advance pack (the 2015 one that is) at all, even tho im not playing Marvel, I know sooner or later ill get back to it, if only to lvl the characters. WoW tho...yeah I might actually be done for realsies this time, I would at least get excited for xpacs before, if only or the first month

I dunno...maybe its just my Inquisition hype, I really dont want to play anything besides that, everything ive been playing in random backlog stuff that I was halfway through (like Ryse or Blood Dragon for example)

KePoW

Banned
Imminent lawless action is almost never tested in court because people don't yell "Fire!" in crowded theaters. So our society needs people like you to help us determine boundaries on what constitutes free speech.

You are not the hero America deserves, but the one we need right now. So we'll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you're not our hero. You're a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

HAHA ok that was pretty funny

but im serious, I'm pretty sure I can yell FIRE in a theater. if u mean I should test it out, then i might do that next time I go and ill try to record it

KePoW

Banned

yo pal! I'll do Man Ape and Hyde with you

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all,

You can download a Steam version of the Test Center client by doing the following:

In Steam: Right-click the game, select Properties, go to the Betas tab and then select Test Center from the dropdown list. Once you click OK, it will download an update to change the client over to TC. When you'd like to head back to the live game, switch it back!

tried it myself. i had a 400mb download for test center and then it worked. it keeps all your live bindings too. i then switched back which it then downloaded 400mb and then i could log inot live

No set date for him, but I'd wager closer to the middle of the year. Iceman and Winter Soldier should be the first two characters of the year. After that it's an ever changing toss up.

Yeah, what Frostinferno said. Iron Fist has no tag attached to him, all we know is Iceman is (probably) up as opener of the AP, Blade for Halloween, Vision is likely going to come with Age of Ultron, and Ant-Man (if he's one of the final 2 characters) for the titular movie.

Beyond that, we don't have any confirmation for any of the other AP characters. The way Ryolnir and Doomsaw worded it, Winter Soldier might as well be one of the closing characters of it (they said something like "Winter Soldier would likely be out in the winter months").

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
also
Doomsaw
I realized the Mutation Omega Division is releasing soon, so I should start revealing some of the mutants that will be represented in this Omega division.

Here's the tooltip of the node: "S.H.I.E.L.D. Division dedicated to the research and biological study of mutant powers of all kinds, up to and including Omega-Level threats."

Here is the list of the first 5 mutant powers represented in the Omega division:

Husk - Chance when you're attacked to shed a layer of skin and receive damage reduction vs. those types of attacks.

Dazzler - Chance when you hit an enemy to play a lazer light show and slow + damage enemies in the area.

Sabretooth - Combo of health regen, brutal damage rating and brutal strike chance.

Apocalypse - All Attributes +5

Sunfire - Straight up bonus energy damage.

I'll preview another 5 tomorrow!

(My favorites are Elixer for raiding, Dust for PVP and Polaris + Magneto for casual midtown clearing)

Drayco21

Well, this thread certainly got crazy while I looked away.

Savage Land Rogue looks better than I had expected. Zero interest in the costume, and I'm still probably never going to play as the character, but I'm glad for her fans that the costume wasn't butchered like I kinda feared. Earth X Thor's model looks kinda meh to me though; something about it feels like it's an early Marvel Heroes costume instead of the more recent ones. Just kind of boring to look at, I guess.

I am excited for the Gene Trash Omega Tree, and I barely even touch the Omega System. I guess I really am so shallow that just seeing a bunch of c-list and obscure stuff get referenced is enough for me to be psyched about it, even if I'm too overwhelmed to know how to use any of it for anything but slapping Health/Spirit bonuses on characters.

Dec

Earth X Thor's model looks kinda meh to me though; something about it feels like it's an early Marvel Heroes costume instead of the more recent ones. Just kind of boring to look at, I guess.

It's essentially what the default costume would be if Thor was a woman regularly. I guess that's all it's supposed to be, but not enough for me.

Going to wait for Female Thor, read the two issues that are out and she is pretty awesome. Just hope they don't drag out the reveal of her identity forever so we can get the costume soon. It's done and modeled already.

She's pretty funny, too.

Drayco21

It's essentially what the default costume would be if Thor was a woman regularly. I guess that's all it's supposed to be, but not enough for me.

Going to wait for Female Thor, read the two issues that are out and she is pretty awesome. Just hope they don't drag out the reveal of her identity forever so we can get the costume soon. It's done and modeled already.

She's pretty funny, too.

I'm surprised how likable they've made her in the one issue she's actually done anything in- if I like Thor post-review, I think I'll wait and buy her to switch it up during the grind to 60. Hopefully by then, Superior Iron Man and Uncle Sam join her as enhanced costumes too.

Drayco21

Isn't she that Angela character, or is that someone else??

We don't know who she is yet, but Angela has her own book coming out, so it's not her. The big reveal with her in Original Sin was that
Angela is actually Thor's long lost sister

Dec

She talks like Thor (thy, cometh etc.), not sure if that's significant. Not Human?

Either way, her model is done for the costume but I assume they haven't voice acted her and stuff until it's revealed who she is. Probably many months away, which is a shame.

New potion:

yo3qr9x.png

I agree Jersey Docks is a bit ugly. I'd have preferred Gaz used the jungle setting, because it feels nice to be around nature and its so visually different to Midtown.
Anyway, Servers are down. The wait begins...

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh that's one of my least favorite tilesets in the game. It's so dull. I was hoping for something new, at least.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
hoping they run odins bounty for the weekly event.

in other news thor didnt get a review on is uniques due to no item budget whatever the fuck that means.

hoping they run odins bounty for the weekly event.

in other news thor didnt get a review on is uniques due to no item budget whatever the fuck that means.

I believe they said no Odin's this week since it pushes certain areas of the game for hours at a time, and they want people to be able to stay in ICP since it's new without any negative consequences.

Ryolnir said:
@jaysnooginz*: Nah, it's coming back. This weekend was just a bad time because it's not great to run an event that makes you want to leave the new zone for hours on end until the bonus comes back!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Industry City Daily Mission!

Once per day on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, you will receive a quest to complete 5 Phases in Industry City Patrol! Your reward for protecting the city is a Random Fortune Card!

Server Side Boost!

There will be a 100% XP Bonus to coincide with the release of Industry City Patrol!

they mention paych early next week which everyone is saying is the start of cosmic chaos

Dec

Some of his uniques did get buffed.

Only his slot 3 as far as I know, which is good because no one even used it before but I'm pretty sure that's it.

It's very hard for Thor to get very high skill levels because his gear doesn't give enough (37 is like the highest I got before the rework, on his bosskiller with maxed gear) I'm not sure how much that has been changed with his review, but not much if only slot 3 was changed.

He is getting a new slot 1 next week but his slot 1 is really good, I think it's just for flavor. It's Jarnbjorn and seems to be themed around str and physical.

Top Bottom