• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

LuuKyK

If it was just every now and then, I wouldn't mind, but every time there's a hero you don't like in the pipeline, you complain. The developers can't ALWAYS release heroes only you care about. It's just this constant slew of crying that makes me upset. You don't want to know how little I've been caring about most of the latter half of this year in terms of characters I really like (honestly Invisible Woman was the last character I was truly looking forward to in terms of "relatability", and Dr. Strange and Nightcrawler were the only other ones for this year). Or how super unexcited I am about the fact that we'll be getting Iceman and Kitty, 2 other characters I don't care about, after Winter Soldier, a character I am pretty much indifferent on, with only a total of 3 characters confirmed for next year that I'm actually really looking forward to.

You can voice your discontent without coming off like a whiny entitled child who's stomping his foot, either. There's ways to express that without going "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what a GREAT start to the next year, thanks Gaz for not catering to me". The way you say things is important as well. If you would've said something like "Eh, not too interested in Winter Soldier, but looking forward to Iceman
or whatever you are looking forward to
", I wouldn't even complain about this. And you've stood out to me in particular because it was exactly the same before Psylocke where you were yelling in the thread because Gaz wasn't putting her as the very first character to be released during this year.

This is also one of the main reasons I don't like the official forums or generally communities based around licensed content games (and comics in particular). This constant "What, why THIS character first and not THAT character I like more, devs you're assholes, i'm never gonna play your game ever again! "-attitude is just super off-putting. Entitled gamers are bad enough, but entitled comic gamers are the worst.

Does this guy:

Look like he'd be using only some martial arts and a throwing shield?

kepow pls.

Ha.

Tbh I am aware that I am bit extreme. Actually I am just like that in real life, which means I really like what I like and I really hate what I hate. Sorry if it gives you the impression that I am spoiled entitled child though, just want to make clear that I am not, really. Most of the times I am just not being serious actually, so dont read too much into what I say (like me going crazy over psylocke - I was exaggerating on purpose lol). I will try to contain myself though, just in case. :p

KePoW

Banned
Does this guy:

Look like he'd be using only some martial arts and a throwing shield?

kepow pls

haha well I've never read any Winter Soldier comix, except for a single one-shot during Civil War times... and I thought he did use martial arts mainly in that??

Tbh I am aware that I am bit extreme. Actually I am just like that in real life, which means I really like what I like and I really hate what I hate. Sorry if it gives you the impression that I am spoiled entitled child though, just want to make clear that I am not, really. Most of the times I am just not being serious actually, so dont read too much into what I say (like me going crazy over psylocke - I was exaggerating on purpose lol). I will try to contain myself though, just in case. :p

See, I don't really know you, so I couldn't possibly know that. You just came off as really entitled, and given the fact you wouldn't be the only one, I was just taking it for granted.
I apologize for being so upset, but you wouldn't believe the shit I've seen.

haha well I've never read any Winter Soldier comix, except for a single one-shot during Civil War times... and I thought he did use martial arts mainly in that??

Yes, Winter Soldier uses martial arts, which is why I said "only martial arts + shield", like Cap does.

hey Fac where is your GAF name from??
Hmmm, MJ was the first thing I thought of.
ASM42banner-590x200.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dev who does login screens said hes finished work on a new one that should be the new standard one to use. an dis going to try to work on being able to let people choose there background

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dem kneecaps lol she has like 3

in other news 5 new omega nodes

Added Five More Previews:

Dust - Can remove your opponent's ability to critical hit. (good for pvp for now, maybe pve in the future)

Elixer - Rez your allies.

Pyro - Bonus damage vs. burning targets.

Blob - Lose Dodge but gain other defensive stats.

Squirrel Girl - I think you can guess this one. (Summon Tippy Toe!)

LuuKyK

See, I don't really know you, so I couldn't possibly know that. You just came off as really entitled, and given the fact you wouldn't be the only one, I was just taking it for granted.
I apologize for being so upset, but you wouldn't believe the shit I've seen.

Oh, its completely fine, relax. I get what you mean. ;)

Probably be both. Steven Blum is already half the cast.

Lmao. Its probably true though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got 2 more levels on Nova earlier. 47 now... :/

I did not expect to dislike him so much, I really didnt. His legendary is definately going on someone else, probably Mags since I dont have enough marks for another atm (since im not playing and doing legendaries)

holy shit :D

Hey buds, just started playing this yesterday. My third go at this game, but I saw the added Nova who is probably my favorite Marvel dude next to Iron Man. I'm up to 36 with him and having a blast.

Anyway I can get added to the Supergroup? Apparently my name is Yorek, why idk.

Indignate

pretty sure it's gonna be Laura Bailey, she did the voice work on X-23 from MvC.

Wasn't that Tara Strong? Well whoever did her voice in MvC I hope they get her back.

It was Tara Strong.

And just cuz she did it on MvC, doesn't mean they'll get her for this considering we didn't get Jennifer Hale on Phoenix. (although I would have liked her more on Ms. Marvel, but we didn't get that either).

But then on the other hand, Tara is Squirrel Girl as well as a couple other NPCs I believe, so it's more likely she could remain on X-23 probably whoknows really i don't.

EDIT:

I swear sometimes I don't check the next page.

Whatever, I wanted to make my feelings on Jennifer Hale not being on this game known.

You got Hayter, give me Hale damn it.

Volimar

They need to throw some work to Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt. The most awesomest VA couple out there.

Enchantment?

ENCHANTMENT!

Drayco21

It was Tara Strong.

And just cuz she did it on MvC, doesn't mean they'll get her for this considering we didn't get Jennifer Hale on Phoenix. (although I would have liked her more on Ms. Marvel, but we didn't get that either).

But then on the other hand, Tara is Squirrel Girl as well as a couple other NPCs I believe, so it's more likely she could remain on X-23 probably whoknows really i don't.

EDIT:

I swear sometimes I don't check the next page.

Whatever, I wanted to make my feelings on Jennifer Hale not being on this game known.

You got Hayter, give me Hale damn it.

I think I'd rather have her voicing Ms. Marvel again, like she did from EMH, than have her as Jean, but I agree it's a damn shame she's not playing anyone in this game.

Also, fucking Marvel, Greg Ellis is the only Rocket Raccoon, just give him back!

Sblargh

Banned
With Industrial City; I think I moved on from terminals. So this kind of became a purely multiplayer game to me.

X-def, ICP and MM keep me hooked. I used to like doing terminals, but not anymore, for some reason.

With Industrial City; I think I moved on from terminals. So this kind of became a purely multiplayer game to me.

X-def, ICP and MM keep me hooked. I used to like doing terminals, but not anymore, for some reason.

Terminals just kinda stay the same, always. Especially if you just bumrush to the boss. Midtown, ICP and X-Def have the upside of keeping fresh since there's always people there, the boss and enemy waves change up, etc.

Xenocthul

I like the Anti-Venom and Toxin costumes more but I'm definitely using his Lethal Protector costume. Hearing anyone who isn't Venom referring to themselves as Venom is just really weird to me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I knew it, you were Kepow all along

I walked right into that one >_<

I like the Anti-Venom and Toxin costumes more but I'm definitely using his Lethal Protector costume. Hearing anyone who isn't Venom referring to themselves as Venom is just really weird to me.

there is 0 chance all his costumes will change what he refers himself to (if he even has any lines where he does that, he might not), that would make them all enhanced :p

Drayco21

Not really interested in playing a non-enhanced Anti-Venom or Toxin. Yuck. If Carnage gets in-game, it needs to be Carnage-Man from Axis.

Sblargh

Banned
I just realized how shitty Eddie Brock's life is.
Guy loses his job and goes "I'll be a supervillain", which is pretty standard; years later all other supervillains (who are alive) are more or less the same, with some ups and downs and Eddie Brock keeps sinking in the insanity that are the symbionts.

I remember when he went to an island to isolate himself from the world and spider-man even helped by pretending to be dead only for a short time later he comes back and "well, I'm not dead, lol, also you have to deal with crazy symbiont stuff because it's not like you're a victim of an alien or anything".

Ohh I got lucky on a fortune card and got Colossus's ultimate costume. Now if only I had Colossus..

I think the chances of crafting a costume for a hero you don't own is way higher than it should be. There was a time recently when there were only two heroes I didn't own (silver surfer and I think Mr Fantastic) and I crafted two costumes and surprise, both were for the two heroes I don't own.

Sblargh

Banned
I think the chances of crafting a costume for a hero you don't own is way higher than it should be. There was a time recently when there were only two heroes I didn't own (silver surfer and I think Mr Fantastic) and I crafted two costumes and surprise, both were for the two heroes I don't own.

I think they have an equal chance around the board; meaning heroes like Iron Man get tons of costume and Psylocke not so much.

Top Bottom