• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Dec

New area lags as bad as MM, maybe it will be better when there aren't as many people.

Thor is super good, he got a new slot 5 but it's worse than his current one for the most part. Slot 3 is amazing now.

Got some captains draft to watch.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
and like with every patch first people online reap the benefits.

the spiderman wave was bugged when patch went up and they was dropping the spider man serum artifact %100% of time. they have now turned loot off for that wave.

Dec

and like with every patch first people online reap the benefits.

the spiderman wave was bugged when patch went up and they was dropping the spider man serum artifact %100% of time. they have now turned loot off for that wave.

Figures that wave never appeared for me. I did see something about that in the chat, now people are trying to trade it for the other unique artifacts.

I saw someone asking for multiple GoKs for the new Spider Serum. Someone else wanted a high roll Gorilla Necklace. I guess the early birds who got those easy artifacts are very lucky.
I dont really like the new industrial area much. Its way too hectic. There is too much shit spawning everywhere and my fps take a hit too. Also, running from one end of the map to the other all the time is not much fun.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
So glad they finally added a way to gain fortune cards in game. Now we can grind for those costumes and team-ups! Sure it will take awhile(unless you get lucky opening a card) but still it's great to finally have a way to earn that stuff.

KePoW

Banned
So glad they finally added a way to gain fortune cards in game. Now we can grind for those costumes and team-ups! Sure it will take awhile(unless you get lucky opening a card) but still it's great to finally have a way to earn that stuff.

How?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

Industry City Daily Mission!

Once per day on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, you will receive a quest to complete 5 Phases in Industry City Patrol! Your reward for protecting the city is a Random Fortune Card!

So do those until you get 95 of those collectibles that come from Fortune Cards then turn into Clea for whatever. And yeah this will take awhile.

Vecks

Once per day on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, you will receive a quest to complete 5 Phases in Industry City Patrol! Your reward for protecting the city is a Random Fortune Card!

So do those until you get 95 of those collectibles that come from Fortune Cards then turn into Clea for whatever. And yeah this will take awhile.

Isn't that just for this weekend? Or is this confirmed to be a weekly thing?

KePoW

Banned

My understanding is that's only for this week? Not a permanent change

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that just for this weekend? Or is this confirmed to be a weekly thing?

I assumed the way it's setup that it would be a weekly thing(or just every other week) but I've not seen anything confirming it so you could be right. Boy that would suck. Don't think I'd bother with this new mode much if that's the case.

GManDH

yea i love this too, and i think its perm not just this weekend.

Dec

The zones items seem pretty good but I really don't like playing it. All of the items I've gotten were from boxes, nothing from actually killing bosses and it's really repetitive and really laggy.

It also has the problem where everyone slacks but stands near the boss, driving up their hp but not actually helping so it feels like it takes forever. Soloing a boss with no one around is way faster than killing it with 12 people.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
David Hayter is going to voice winter solider who is releasing January

ashley williams (mass effect) is voicing female punisher for janurary review.

the guy who did gollum in shadows of mordor is voicing red skull which is a new one shot coming few weeks times

PATROL for new boost too

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
David Hayter is going to voice winter solider who is releasing January

ashley williams (mass effect) is voicing female punisher for janurary review.

the guy who did gollum in shadows of mordor is voicing red skull which is a new one shot coming few weeks times

Those all sound pretty cool. Pretty hyped about David Hayter, I wonder if Winter Soldier will sound like Snake haha.

Drayco21

Those all sound pretty cool. Pretty hyped about David Hayter, I wonder if Winter Soldier will sound like Snake haha.

I'm guessing he'll be closer to Big Boss- didn't Hayter complain about the growl on Snake's voice? Either way, god tier casting. Glad to see Hayter doing new stuff.

Also, Liam O'Brien as Red Skull? Fantastic.

Indignate

which character in Mass Effect is she??

Ashely Williams.

For whatever reason he only called the male voice actor by name and called the female voice actor by her popular role (popular because of the game, not because anybody likes the character) instead, seems kind of sexist good call on that one Kepow.

KePoW

Banned

Dec

Not exaggerating at all when I say you get something decent every 20-25 boxes.

I would say like a zone specific item every 1h45m which may not sound terrible, but it's open world Holo-Sim without the difficulty and reward scaling. Very short breaks, constant fighting and looong fights because the boss' health scaling is crazy.

They also seem tiered in rarity, but I can't be sure.

Uniques/Badges < Spider-clone/dread essence

Sblargh

Banned
On the other hand, I loved it. Maybe I love the idea more than the execution, but regardless, I like the structure of the missions a lot. I wish there was a kind of separate mode of it that is x-def-like with escalating difficulty even if I think they should keep this one, too.
Like; this, how it is, is very cool to jump in, do a couple of waves and get out; but it would be nice to have a escalating version of it so you can form a group and try to go 15 or 20 missions, requiring some basic team coordination to do it; encouraging people going into it as a pre-formed raid.

I'm fine with Winter Soldier as a character, but I'd first like to see how they're gonna differentiate him from Widow and Punisher.

@LuuKyK:
Well I'm sorry the devs of the game are not solely catering to your wishes. Personally, I prefer Winter Soldier 100 times over probably most characters you want in the game, including Elektra.
You won't see me complaining and shitting up the thread with "zzzzzz Gaz sux cuz my favorite character is not first" posts, though, because even characters I don't give a shit about can end up being fun to play. I was expecting Juggernaut to end up being boring as fuck and play like Hulk or Thing, but he's super crazy fun.

FeD.nL

I hoped it was Hayter for Bucky, can't wait. On a break for now (as in bought to many games the past few months and did not play them due to Marvel Heroes) but when Magneto is out i'm going to dive back in right away.

But for AP2 it's more or less confirmed the first three are WS > Iceman > Kitty, great way to start the new year imo.

LuuKyK

I'm fine with Winter Soldier as a character, but I'd first like to see how they're gonna differentiate him from Widow and Punisher.

@LuuKyK:
Well I'm sorry the devs of the game are not solely catering to your wishes. Personally, I prefer Winter Soldier 100 times over probably most characters you want in the game, including Elektra.
You won't see me complaining and shitting up the thread with "zzzzzz Gaz sux cuz my favorite character is not first" posts, though, because even characters I don't give a shit about can end up being fun to play. I was expecting Juggernaut to end up being boring as fuck and play like Hulk or Thing, but he's super crazy fun.

No need to be sorry Red. I never said that they should appeal only to my tastes. I am not bothered by the fact that people have different tastes than me, its completely fine. I am just expressing how I feel, this is a free board and so I feel like expressing my opinion (thats not shitting up a thread btw), I dont get why its so annoying to you. Should I just cave in and be happy that they keep releasing characters I just cant relate to? I dont think that would be appropriate, no. Ultimately though, there is an ignore list if you think I am too lame or something. I would never do that myself, considering I treat everyone here the same and respect each and every opinion, even if they are the complete opposite of what I think. So yeah, no big deal I guess. At least for me:

No need to be sorry Red. I never said that they should appeal only to my tastes. I am not bothered by the fact that people have different tastes than me, its completely fine. I am just expressing how I feel, this is a free board and so I feel like expressing my opinion (thats not shitting up a thread btw), I dont get why its so annoying to you. Should I just cave in and be happy that they keep releasing characters I just cant relate to? I dont think that would be appropriate, no. Ultimately though, there is an ignore list if you think I am too lame or something. I would never do that myself, considering I treat everyone here the same and respect each and every opinion, even if they are the complete opposite of what I think. So yeah, no big deal I guess. At least for me:

If it was just every now and then, I wouldn't mind, but every time there's a hero you don't like in the pipeline, you complain. The developers can't ALWAYS release heroes only you care about. It's just this constant slew of crying that makes me upset. You don't want to know how little I've been caring about most of the latter half of this year in terms of characters I really like (honestly Invisible Woman was the last character I was truly looking forward to in terms of "relatability", and Dr. Strange and Nightcrawler were the only other ones for this year). Or how super unexcited I am about the fact that we'll be getting Iceman and Kitty, 2 other characters I don't care about, after Winter Soldier, a character I am pretty much indifferent on, with only a total of 3 characters confirmed for next year that I'm actually really looking forward to.

You can voice your discontent without coming off like a whiny entitled child who's stomping his foot, either. There's ways to express that without going "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what a GREAT start to the next year, thanks Gaz for not catering to me". The way you say things is important as well. If you would've said something like "Eh, not too interested in Winter Soldier, but looking forward to Iceman
or whatever you are looking forward to
", I wouldn't even complain about this. And you've stood out to me in particular because it was exactly the same before Psylocke where you were yelling in the thread because Gaz wasn't putting her as the very first character to be released during this year.

This is also one of the main reasons I don't like the official forums or generally communities based around licensed content games (and comics in particular). This constant "What, why THIS character first and not THAT character I like more, devs you're assholes, i'm never gonna play your game ever again! "-attitude is just super off-putting. Entitled gamers are bad enough, but entitled comic gamers are the worst.

Wouldn't Winter Soldier be more like Captain America??

Does this guy:
Hot-Toys-Winter-Soldier-from-Captain-America-TWS-01.jpg

Look like he'd be using only some martial arts and a throwing shield?

kepow pls.

Winnie the Pooh. It actually was "Face it Tigger.." but he misspelled.

Ha.

Top Bottom