• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Indignate

I don't own Wolverine.

But I do like putting myself up against a wall and spam my movement ability into it over and over again.

So yeah, I probably would.

So the superior Mags costume will be available at release.

useW1O1.jpg

Awwwww yeah!

It will be mine.

For Post-Review Thor players, what do y'all think of this build for Thor that I'm working on? Any suggestions for changes?
I'm still finishing off his leveling and hunting the uniques, but the pet / arts / ring / insignia / core / relics are pieces I actually have. Rather than theory crafting some amazing rolls / high stacks for those, I just went with what I have + the uniques I'm hunting.

I open all battles with Buff -> DoT layer -> Asgardian Smite -> Sig for initial vuln + positioning + full odinforce and no decay while in the DoT. Then Ragnarok for big AoE blast and Hammer Smash spam afterwards. I cycle in the CD moves and DoT when they are up. I rarely need the basic, since I alternate between Spirit on Medkit and Son of Odin for Spirit regain.

Thanks. Here are my Dr. Strange

Your build looks super different from mine, haha. One thing I immediately notice is that you haven't put points into the one point wonder passives, or anything into the healing shield (which severely increases Strange's survivability). I don't even really bother with the mirror image tree.

If you want, I'll screencap my build (which I think is pretty solid, but I'm not a minmaxer mind you), and you can try it out on your second spec?

I've heard people say Thor isnt very good, but Ive found him fun and effective as a melee based character.
My build is similar to the optimal build frost posted, except I max out the crashdown strike and dont use his signature power or the one below it.

Dec

I've heard people say Thor isnt very good, but Ive found him fun and effective as a melee based character.
My build is similar to the optimal build frost posted, except I max out the crashdown strike and dont use his signature power or the one below it.

He's fine. Damage is lower than the top tier characters, but he is effective. I've been farming Kurse with him and he does well.

Your build looks super different from mine, haha. One thing I immediately notice is that you haven't put points into the one point wonder passives, or anything into the healing shield (which severely increases Strange's survivability). I don't even really bother with the mirror image tree.

If you want, I'll screencap my build (which I think is pretty solid, but I'm not a minmaxer mind you), and you can try it out on your second spec?

Sure, I would love to give it a shot.

Dec

Maybe a long shot but does anyone have a Hyde's Formula they would want to sell? The rolls don't matter, high or low.

Edit: Found one, nevermind.

Sure, I would love to give it a shot.

Sure. :)

My basic rotation for mobs is: Flames of the Faltine (pulls em all in) -> Crimson Bands (keeps them in the fire) -> Seven Suns (just shotgun damage to stack onto the bound people).
I also use Vapors of Valtorr for big piles, and Demons of Denaak on elites or bosses (Vapors here often as well).
I usually drop in Seal of the Vishanti and Shield of the Seraphim to get the incantation stacks, as well as to keep my damage/health maxed, but only for bigger fights.
And Eye of Agamotto on high health enemies or big piles if needed and off cooldown.

Sad as it is, there is only one real optimal build for Thor (if that's what you're looking for).

I'm using the build Frost posted, and he's pretty good so far. His signature is nice, and after they buff spinning strike he should have some nice single target damage.

He's fine. Damage is lower than the top tier characters, but he is effective. I've been farming Kurse with him and he does well.

Similar build, Declarius? The only problem I have with him is that once again the best build requires a Power Cosmic. At least that event starts up again this week.

Hereafter

Thanks. Here are my Dr. Strange

uZhb.jpg

vZhb.jpg

Skill Tree:

1) You have points distributed to skills that are pretty much 1 point wonders. Both Images and Astral Form should only have 1 point. There's actually no tangible difference between 1 and 20 since you don't care about duration.

2) The Mystic Arts Tree. Every skills except for Flight needs to have 1 point. This tree will heal you, make you immune to range attacks (except for bullets), increases your defense, give you a 25% damage reduction shield, adds 500 damage points, increases your max spirit, debuff your enemies, give you spirit, clears you off all CC effect, cancel Cosmic Boss attacks like Mortar. All this for 6 points.

3) Daggers. I'm curious as to why you have Daggers and Fangs. They accomplish the same thing (filler between DOTs) )and you cannot use them both at the same time. I suggest you drop Daggers. Dagger doesn't mesh well with incantations at all. It's only useful factor is it doesn't cost spirit.

4) Demons. This skill at max level gives you back 600 health per second. You will need to max this if you don't want to die. With this skill, Shield of the Serpahim and a 25% core (or Astral form) you can instantly heal yourself to near max health at anytime you want.

5) Sins. This is his 3-4th best filler (Fangs, Wind, Icy) but as you level and get better gear it's actually his second best. Crit gear will heavily influence this damage but even before then this skill needs to be max because the short cooldown is critical either Winds or a Fangs build.

6) Crimson Bands: If you're using a Fangs build then this stays max but otherwise 1 point. This skill scales horribly.

7) Flames: Max it. It's his best Area DOT. Vapors is good but Flames have a CC factor and faster cast time.

8) Dreamwalking. Whatever DPS skill you can't max, take points from Dream Walking. Try not to get below 15 though.

8) Main spender/dps skill. You can either use Fangs or Winds. Fangs have a better single target DPS. Winds have a better AOE dps and it's much easier to use. My suggestion is to move all your points in Fangs to Wind so you can get a better hold of the new rotation. Fangs is much more difficult to use effectively.

9) Rotation for a Winds Build: Flow chart Ken Strange: Seals (on yourself) -> Images -> Boss Y/N?

Boss (Y) = Sins -> WoW -> Icy. Sins -> WoW -> Icy -> Vapors -> Flames -> Bands -> Back to start

Boss (N) = WoW (everything should be dead/near dead) -> Icy -> whatever.

Just make sure you add in your defensive incantations anytime you need it. Too many projectile enemies? Through in Seven Bands somewhere, Needs health? Throw in Shield. Your images died for some reason? Add in Images.

Once you get your main rotation down, Strange becomes wondrous because he can do anything.

I'll talk more about Artifacts and other stuff a little later.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
For Post-Review Thor players, what do y'all think of this build for Thor that I'm working on? Any suggestions for changes?

I use this exact build and it does pretty well for me. The way some people are talking you'd think the Thor designers killed their dog but he's nowhere near as bad as Cap or BW (who I like but isn't that strong). My only gripes are Odinforce is a bad mechanic, because it doesn't add anything, but then again in my current build it's a total non-issue so it doesn't bother me. It's just totally pointless. Also it's very similar to how he played before the rework, so it doesn't feel super exciting. Might try the build Frost posted.

KePoW

Banned
I use this exact build and it does pretty well for me. The way some people are talking you'd think the Thor designers killed their dog but he's nowhere near as bad as Cap or BW (who I like but isn't that strong)

Exactly. Typical forum complainers

No, Thor is not the top powerful character in the game, but he's fine. He's no worse than mid-pack or above mid-pack, which is acceptable

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'd still put Thor in the upper-mid tier. He's far better than most ranged heroes, even Cyclops post-rework, or Star-Lord, or Nova, or Mr Fantastic, the list goes on. I hope the upcoming damage change makes ranged characters worthwhile to play as and actually makes good on the "glass" part of glass cannon. But knowing Gaz I'm pretty fearful for such a sweeping change to a core system.

I hope the upcoming damage change makes ranged characters worthwhile to play as and actually makes good on the "glass" part of glass cannon. But knowing Gaz I'm pretty fearful for such a sweeping change to a core system.
Wouldn't it be the "cannon" part that the upcoming change affects? Since many ranged heroes are already pretty "glass" / squishy?

KePoW

Banned
I'd still put Thor in the upper-mid tier. He's far better than most ranged heroes, even Cyclops post-rework, or Star-Lord, or Nova, or Mr Fantastic, the list goes on.

Personally I agree, I consider Thor upper-mid tier now too

I was just saying for the forum complainers, there's absolutely no way you can place Thor below mid-pack now, or they're full of crap

KePoW

Banned
Hereafter or any Dr. Strange experts --

Can you give me suggestions on what gear to change out? I have all 66 uniques, but literally only have 9030 HP (unbuffed standing by myself). On high wave XDEF/Holo or some cosmic terminals, I die fast (like krazy):

Book of Vishanti
Mechanical Arms of Doc Octopus
Hydra Belt-Mounted Sonar Targeting System
Disciple of Domammu Sash
Eye of Agamotto

Danger AI Chip (391 Mental)
Magneto Was Right T-Shirt
Advanced Metasensory Array
Advanced Amulet of Agamotto (308 Mental)

Wizard - medallion
Storm Giant Magi - runeword
Gungnir

** Only thing is please don't recommend any boss-specific items, I'm not going to farm for those

Hereafter

Hereafter or any Dr. Strange experts --

Can you give me suggestions on what gear to change out? I have all 66 uniques, but literally only have 9030 HP (unbuffed standing by myself). On high wave XDEF/Holo or some cosmic terminals, I die fast (like krazy):

Book of Vishanti
Mechanical Arms of Doc Octopus
Hydra Belt-Mounted Sonar Targeting System
Disciple of Domammu Sash
Eye of Agamotto

Danger AI Chip (391 Mental)
Magneto Was Right T-Shirt
Advanced Metasensory Array
Advanced Amulet of Agamotto (308 Mental)

Wizard - medallion
Storm Giant Magi - runeword
Gungnir

** Only thing is please don't recommend any boss-specific items, I'm not going to farm for those

10-11k is more than feasible on Strange. Change out the slot 3 for the Shield Belt (more DPS, a little health) or his own (more health and power duration).

What so you use for relics? Are you using Seal? Seal adds 1k worth of extra hp to Strange (among other benefits) and should be the first spell you cast in your rotation.

KePoW

Banned
10-11k is more than feasible on Strange. Change out the slot 3 for the Shield Belt (more DPS, a little health) or his own (more health and power duration).

What so you use for relics? Are you using Seal? Seal adds 1k worth of extra hp to Strange (among other benefits) and should be the first spell you cast in your rotation.

Thanks for the reply.

For relics I only use a single Lemuria right now. Since I play all 40 characters, I can only stack full relics on a few mains and Dr. Strange is not one of them right now.

I have one point in Seal. I do use it on bosses and hard fights, but not most regular fights. Good tip though, I forgot it adds HP

Dec

Similar build, Declarius? The only problem I have with him is that once again the best build requires a Power Cosmic. At least that event starts up again this week.

I'm using the same as what Frost linked, there's nothing better if you want a boss killing build but it's weak for mob clearing. I have a second build focused more on aoe.

I used a mix as my primary build for a while but the current one is absolutely 100% better than it, even if I still did well with it.

Was it the one you bid on for 2 GoKs? I thought you were done trading? :p

I ended up finding a low rolled one in game and it rerolled really well.

Glad they're at least getting out the new One-Shot before the year end. Chapter 10, though, will probably be pushed into 2015 at this point.

For Thor, what are yall using for spirit sustain??

Aside from a maxed Son of Odin on cooldown, any of the spirit proc artifacts (Zola's, Lizard's, or Nimrod) and a 25% medkit core should do.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did they remove that lightnig aoe that returned spirit he had? that was enough to maintain spirit pre-review

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Top Bottom