• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Lord Phol

Personally I'm liking the look of this one:

fSzFcAh.jpg

LSix9KQ.jpg

q9FBFiO.jpg

Hot stuff! Too bad it will probably be ruined by his default voice :7.

The texturing looks very basic and bland too - like the games original costumes.
Thats suprizing considering most of the newer costumes Gaz release have nice detailed textures.

Edit: So Marvel have ok'ed that Gambit costume for release? It does seem pretty sexually suggestive to me, TBH. lol. Im sure the girls and gay dudes will be happy with that one.

Lord Phol

I'm neither gay, bi or a girl but I think the Gambit costume looks great. The Juggernaut one though, nooooot my cup of tea at all. His AoA or Fear Itself costume would be way cooler.

Indignate

There is a comment on this page that is kind of off-putting but I'm just going to ignore it because X-23 Day is just around the corner.

Stealth release during X-Givings, calling it now like I called all the other stealth releases for X-23.

KePoW

Banned
Edit: So Marvel have ok'ed that Gambit costume for release? It does seem pretty sexually suggestive to me, TBH. lol

haha what exactly is sexually suggestive about it, besides no shirt?? not sure if I'm missing something

I'm all for female characters showing as much skin as possible, so it's only fair to have this Gambit costume

haha what exactly is sexually suggestive about it, besides no shirt?? not sure if I'm missing something

I'm all for female characters showing as much skin as possible, so it's only fair to have this Gambit costume

His pants are riding so low, Im suprized his pubes aren't poking out above them. Surely you can see that? lol
And yes, I too like the females showing as much skin as possible, so I agree its only fair for people who find men sexually attractive, to get shirtless Gambit.
At this rate, maybe Gamora will get a proper thong when she eventually shows up? :)

Dec

Yes his pants are riding extremely low to be sexually suggestive, looks like the cover of a romance novel about ninjas.

For the record, I don't care but it's pretty obvious.

KePoW

Banned
His pants are riding so low, Im suprized his pubes aren't poking out above them. Surely you can see that? lol
And yes, I too like the females showing as much skin as possible, so I agree its only fair for people who find men sexually attractive, to get shirtless Gambit.
At this rate, maybe Gamora will get a proper thong when she eventually shows up? :)

ok got it, I honestly didn't even notice the pants thing because they look just like the pants I wear good every day

I'm definitely down for your Gamora suggestion! I just finished Annihilation and tie-ins a couple days ago, and she's hot!

KePoW

Banned

Good man.

Needless to say, it was really awesome!! Really liked it a ton and I learned about several new characters for me

I only started reading Marvel comix with House of M (when Marvel Heroes launched). And so far Annihilation is the best main event I've read. I'm going by release date, so that's including:

House of M
Decimation
Silent War
The Collective
Civil War
The Initiative

Next up is Planet Hulk -- anyone know if that was great??

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Looks kinda like a 14-year old, idk. I like the eyes on the suit tho. I bet it'll look good in-game.

Drayco21

Needless to say, it was really awesome!! Really liked it a ton and I learned about several new characters for me

I only started reading Marvel comix with House of M (when Marvel Heroes launched). And so far Annihilation is the best main event I've read. I'm going by release date, so that's including:

House of M
Decimation
Silent War
The Collective
Civil War
The Initiative

Next up is Planet Hulk -- anyone know if that was great??

In my opinion, Marvel crossovers peaked with Annihilation, and the only things to even touch it since then have been its direct sequels- Annihilation: Conquest and The Thanos Imperative.

Planet Hulk is pretty solid, fun read, its sequel World War Hulk wasn't so much, but in and of itself? I'd recommend it.

Looks kinda like a 14-year old, idk.

As it should, she is still a high school student. Something about the costume seems off to me here, but I think I say that about most of their model sheets- I'm sure I'll be happy with it and then never use it in the final game. Not sure how I'll feel about Mary Faber's voice- I don't like her as She-Hulk and can't even remember her as Jean DeWolff, but hopefully she works for Mayday.

In my opinion, Marvel crossovers peaked with Annihilation, and the only things to even touch it since then have been its direct sequels- Annihilation: Conquest and The Thanos Imperative.

I also enjoyed the Annihilators. Ikon is such a bitch, and I love Ronan in it.

Im going to start playing Rocket today. He will be the first character I gear to be summon-centric. Traditionally, I find summons to be extremely boring (so it wasnt something I focused on with Panther, Luke Cage or Loki), but it seems to be what everyone recommends in the Rocket forums.
I also have a Cosmic lvl 55 Man-Ape Medallion and Raptor Stone I'll never use otherwise.

Drayco21

I also enjoyed the Annihilators. Ikon is such a bitch, and I love Ronan in it.

I'm still bummed we only got eight issues of that series. I really liked Ikon and Quasar's banter, and based bro-tier Beta Ray Bill. At least Ikon
manages to be one of the only Space Knights not dead
after Infinity, so we could see the team show up again some time, assuming Bendis doesn't just turn Ronan back into a villain for the Black Vortex because he's a hack and the movie had him as one.

I haven't bought any team-ups so far, but I'd love it if Ikon was made into one.

Every female Spider character has suffered from awful costuming imo. This one is actually okay.

I really like both of Anya's costumes, Spider-Gwen's costume and Ultimate Jessica Drew's first costume.

Sblargh

Banned
I like the same costumes that Drayco like. Do you want to be friends?

Edit: I also like the 616 Jessica Drew costume, which subconsciously inspired Peter Parker to think of the black costume when he first found the symbiont. So if he were thinking about rainbows at the moment, Venom would be a completely different character.

KePoW

Banned

Planet Hulk is pretty solid, fun read, its sequel World War Hulk wasn't so much, but in and of itself? I'd recommend it.

thanks for the feedback!

Really fun event. I pretty much chugged all the boosts I had and wrecked with Nova in ICP. Got 3 loot explosions there so now my Nova got a substantial upgrade in uniques and legendaries (though I still have a long way to go).

Then for some reason my instance of ICP died. It was just me and some Silver Surfer in the whole zone, so I left and tried Midtown and its no where near as good.

I'm still bummed we only got eight issues of that series. I really liked Ikon and Quasar's banter, and based bro-tier Beta Ray Bill. At least Ikon
manages to be one of the only Space Knights not dead
after Infinity, so we could see the team show up again some time, assuming Bendis doesn't just turn Ronan back into a villain for the Black Vortex because he's a hack and the movie had him as one.

I haven't bought any team-ups so far, but I'd love it if Ikon was made into one.

Yeah, I generally loved the characters being all like "we're the most powerful beings in the universe bar cosmic entities, so let's all chill", and Ikon, this flimsy little space knight, essentially taking charge and being all bold and u wot m8 towards these most powerful beings in the universe.
So yes, I meant "bitch" in a good way, believe it or not lel.

And yeah, I do hope we'll see the Annihilators come back at some point, but I don't think so. But hey, with Ronan sitting on the Galactic Council and teaming up with Super-Skrull and Annihilus to spank Thanos' ass, I don't see why Ronan would go back to being teh eevelz - even if he does, he'll be back being good soon enough afterwards.

Dec

How do you get those challenge bonus tokens? Random drops, or are they tied to some event npc?

It was teased in a direct response to having more things to use demon eyes on. I assume the tokens will be in the raid vendor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that AOE could hit for 1 dmg and I would still use it, thats how good it looks

Skill Tree:......
I'll talk more about Artifacts and other stuff a little later.

Thank you! I noticed a huge improvement. I didn't follow 100% of your recommendations but I followed fairly close. I was able to defend the Doras in Man Ape fairly easily and ICP was a lot easier as well.

Also I finally got enough worldstones for my Doop Pet.

3751A7A9C733F78F9516BB7747F5E014EE390674

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this page is unviewable on my shitty work computer, thanks ObamaFrost

So, is it actually possible to run TC through Steam?

I selected the option under Betas in the Steam properties for the game, but it only forced an update of < 300 KB (or something similarly small). After booting, it was, obviously, still the Live game.

You totally passed on an opportunity to use "BEHOLD, OPTIC BLAST!"
I actually read it in Wizard's game voice instead. "Behold! The power of gravity!"

Top Bottom