• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

ParityBit

Hey all! I just started playing and I have been using the Human Tourch. When the G sale comes back I plan on buying 2-3 heroes opn the cheep and get the ransoms too! Any suggestions on what heroes to get??

man GAF must be full of geniuses or einsteins lol, I can't remember stuff from several months ago. I can barely remember quests in Dragon Age from 3 days ago

either that or u portugalese people are smarter than us chinese

It's got nothing to do with heritage if you have a memory with more holes than a swiss cheese, kepow. :p You really should go see a doctor and see if you've got Alzheimer's.

Hey all! I just started playing and I have been using the Human Tourch. When the G sale comes back I plan on buying 2-3 heroes opn the cheep and get the ransoms too! Any suggestions on what heroes to get??

What kind of character do you enjoy playing in ARPGs (or RPGs in general I guess)? Human Torch is an AoE DPS/Nuker type of character.
Also, if you wanna join the GAF guild, just drop your IGN and someone will invite you (hopefully :p).

Sblargh

Banned

You should get everyone everywhere all the time on a never-ending quest to be every superhero.

Seriously, tho, you should just accumulate people, take a look at their character trees and see which looks like "hum, this could be fun". Also check out the official forums, see which character you like from comic books/movies/cartoons/cosplay/real life and read what people are saying about it.

Take everything the official forums say with a grain of salt, though - unless it's an overly OP character, people tend to overblow how "shitty" their own favorite hero is. :p

I also would advise you to grab Taskmaster - he's cheap and covers a little bit of playstyle of 3 heroes (Spidey, Cap and Daredevil), so you can get a bit of a "demo" with him. He's also fun in general.

ParityBit

Ian actually excited to buy some! I am about to finish the storyline too so it is great timing.

It is hard to choose a hero because the only exposure I have to them is in the hub and when they run past me!

Dec

You should be able to buy the Gs now and submit a ticket on Friday to get the 15% bonus from their week price guarantee.

Ian actually excited to buy some! I am about to finish the storyline too so it is great timing.

It is hard to choose a hero because the only exposure I have to them is in the hub and when they run past me!

Do you have a preference in terms of playstyle? There's a few "classes" that are covered by various heroes.

KePoW

Banned
It's got nothing to do with heritage if you have a memory with more holes than a swiss cheese, kepow. :p You really should go see a doctor and see if you've got Alzheimer's.

that's true, there are smart and average people of every race, you're right! I'm definitely in the average category lol, but I don't think I have alzheimers though since I'm only 37

I've always been a bad academic student though. for my high-school graduating class, I was at the bottom 60% (like worse than half in other words)

Are all you GAF people like academic types??

What is that?

I figure something other than a nuker, since I have Human Torch right now.

Do you want to try a tank? THING is a great tank.

LuuKyK

What is that?

I figure something other than a nuker, since I have Human Torch right now.

You can download it here.

Its a test server where you have access to everything for free, so you can try out heroes before they launch, test builds for characters you dont own, or see how costumes look before actually buying them.

You can access it with the same account you use on the official servers.

I think its worth it, personally.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
is there a decent energy build rogue which doesnt involve raid skills. or melee rogue build

im fully aware of the fangs mental build but i know nerfs are coming

Sblargh

Banned
I like Captain America. Dash in, physics-be-damned throws the sheld in a circle around you, bounce it around and punch punch punch.

I have to post my build here one of these days; it's really different than in the forums. People don't like to spend points on his signature for example and that's something like an extra 1500 damage rating for 5 or so seconds, plus you're buffing everyone around you and restoring your spirit, which allows for a spirit-heavy rotation. Cooldown could be less than a minute, but making it a one-point wonder doesn't make sense to me given that both the spirit recovery and the extra damage rating scale.

If the cooldown was 10 seconds shorter, it would be excellent. If it were around 30 seconds, it would be godlike-broken. (tho so many characters have OP builds these days that I say buff everyone)

Edit: For full disclosure, tho, Captain America is one of my favorite super-heroes; maybe the favorite.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I like Captain America. Dash in, physics-be-damned throws the sheld in a circle around you, bounce it around and punch punch punch.

I have to post my build here one of these days; it's really different than in the forums. People don't like to spend points on his signature for example and that's something like an extra 1500 damage rating for 5 or so seconds, plus you're buffing everyone around you and restoring your spirit, which allows for a spirit-heavy rotation. Cooldown could be less than a minute, but making it a one-point wonder doesn't make sense to me given that both the spirit recovery and the extra damage rating scale.

If the cooldown was 10 seconds shorter, it would be excellent. If it were around 30 seconds, it would be godlike-broken. (tho so many characters have OP builds these days that I say buff everyone)

Edit: For full disclosure, tho, Captain America is one of my favorite super-heroes; maybe the favorite.

would be great if you could post build

melee Rouge build is pretty easy and effective:

Crushing Blows & Vaulting Uppercut
Cable's dot
Gambit & She-Hulk steroids
Gamora & Drax passives

and then some 1-pointers

This is usually used with a Power Cosmic and Slag's DoT, iirc. What's a good Energy move to replace Slag's attack with (still leveling her up).

KePoW

Banned
This is usually used with a Power Cosmic and Slag's DoT, iirc. What's a good Energy move to replace Slag's attack with (still leveling her up).

yeah this is a Power Cosmic build, but Gungnir works too

I don't use this build while leveling/prestiging, because it's basically just for boss-killing. For leveling I just take a bunch of AOE powers

yeah this is a Power Cosmic build, but Gungnir works too

I don't use this build while leveling/prestiging, because it's basically just for boss-killing. For leveling I just take a bunch of AOE powers
I already have a PC on my Rogue. I was doing melee before (posted about it last page) and changed over to this build after reading around on some different powers. For now, I'm just using Ms. Marvel for the energy proc. I've never done any raids, so I won't get Slag for a long time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so any word on X23 release or even TC?

I just want Indignate to be happy :(

ParityBit

When will we get all 4 deals at once? Is that only on Black Friday? 24 hour period? I am getting ready to spend some moola! I finished the story with the Human Torch, ended up at level 31.

When will we get all 4 deals at once? Is that only on Black Friday? 24 hour period? I am getting ready to spend some moola! I finished the story with the Human Torch, ended up at level 31.

All deals at once is friday. I kinda of been eyeing up the Earth X Thor and Frog Thor pet. I might get another HERBIE to go with my Invisible Woman.

Wow. Upgrading to a Cosmic caliber emblem is super expensive.
The recipe involves one of those event-exclusive cosmic ingredients (100 stones) and a Doop rune.
Of the 4 doop runes I have ever owned, 3 of them were login gifts from Gaz. They are very expensive in the trade channel too.
I was hoping it'd only cost 100-200k and an Unstable Molecule or two.

Dec

The recipe involves one of those event-exclusive cosmic ingredients (100 stones) and a Doop rune.
Of the 4 doop runes I have ever owned, 3 of them were login gifts from Gaz. They are very expensive in the trade channel too.

3b each, maybe 4b if you are impatient.

They gave 7 that week though, seems you forgot to log in for a few.

It's really only meant for actually good insignias.

...Oops.

I got like 3 of those tokens and 3 Doop Runes during this event so I figured they weren't super rare. I ended up upgrading my Iron Man's Gamora Insignia that had decent stats.

Oh well, at least I still have 2 more!

ParityBit

So many choices out there. I am trying to spend too much $$ at once. I am thinking of getting 2 heroes and 2 randoms and see what I get. :) Will be fun trying to decide which 2 to pick!

I just finished the story so now I can just play and do what I want/need.

Finally! Cyclops noir. Just PLEASE don't be a FC costume.

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-22.11.x8.png

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I use a primarily melee build, personally, except when I try to mix it up with his basic and first ranged beams. I never touch pulsars- just don't enjoy the mechanic.

i really dislike the teleport strike seems really really buggy

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hi everybody, I just wanted to give you a quick summary of what to look out for in TC for the X-Giving event! Please let us know if you see any issues so we can get them fixed ASAP for a smooth patch tomorrow!

Event Vendors Have Moved!

You will now find the event vendors in the west wing of Avengers Tower! We'll be posting a screenshot with the patch notes tomorrow to assist players.

Daily X-Defense Mission!

Every day, complete an X-Defense mission from Charles Xavier to receive a special X-Giving gift!

Continuation of Cosmic Chaos!
Cosmic Chaos will be continuing! Cosmic Worldstones and Worldstone Caches will still be dropping and Moondragon is still available!

Return of Omega!
Completing your first Shared Quests of the day will give you 30 Omega Files each! Dum Dum Dugan is still available!

The Omega Event Mission from Coulson is not active for this event due to the X-Defense mission, however you will still be able to obtain 100 Omega Files a day!

Loot Rotation!

There will be an Odin's Bounty loot rotation - game modes will rotate and drop Odin's Bounty Chests! Additionally, all players have a chance to receive an Odin's Blessing Loot Explosion regardless of whether or not they're using an Odin's Bounty Boost (though those help as they did before!)

Odin's Bounty Chests in certain areas such as Cosmic Terminals and the One-Shots are not currently dropping the correct amount.

What else?

We will have an X-Giving Daily Login gift plus a VERY special login gift this Saturday. More on that tomorrow... and then there's that Play With The Devs event, too...
sexy

Vecks

X-Giving? Oh. So it's like thanX-giving.

I think I'm just a couple hundred omega files short of Coulson. Might actually try to shoot for it this week.

Here is my latest build of Dr Strange based on the advice I got here. Yes I know GOK is a must have item, I don't have it. Let me know where I can improve!

jvib.jpg

ivib.jpg

KePoW

Banned
Here is my latest build of Dr Strange based on the advice I got here. Yes I know GOK is a must have item, I don't have it. Let me know where I can improve!

I'm at work right now, so just quick thoughts.

For your Artifacts, I would replace Power Prism Shard and Flames of Faltine.

For your costume core, get rid of Attack Speed

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
doomsaw returns dropping bombs

Hey guys,

In the next big patch (Magneto patch in early December), we're trying a new thing that allows new players to mess around and test all the heroes on the starting screen until level 10. At that point they get to pick any hero they want to make their "main", but they keep the progress they made on the rest of the heroes.

So, if you happen to not have some of the starting heroes, you will actually be able to play them up to level 10.

We're going to put this into test center fairly soon.

Here's a preview of the Mutation Omega division, which launches on the last day of the X-Giving event:
zWOIcl5.png

hot dam
i swear i dont hawk the forums all day lol

Top Bottom