• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Ohh man, that Cyclops Noir costume is the bomb! Might be enough for me to finally replace Pheonix.

I really want the Noir costumes, but damn Gaz for tying Spidey's behind the FC2 paywall... Grrr! I've had two goes at that pack now.

Spoit

I'm at work right now, so just quick thoughts.

For your Artifacts, I would replace Power Prism Shard and Flames of Faltine.

For your costume core, get rid of Attack Speed

Yeah, if you can't afford like a modok headband (much less a zola ESP box or gotk), a ziggurat is a better mini-gotk, and those things are fairly common.

You're not running into spirit problems? Even with rots and my runeword, and an energy on medpack costume core, I still bottom out occasionally on stuff like doop waves.

And yeah talking about cores, attack speed doesn't do anything for strange, his casting times are fixed iirc, so definitely reroll (preferably for crit damage). And I personally don't know how anyone lives without a 400 LoH or 25% health on medpack core, that would be enough regen for you to switch out your runeword for one that would actually help your damage

LuuKyK

New login screen:

4nil93m.jpg

For the costume core -- Critical Damage is best

If you don't want to re-roll too much for that, almost anything is better than Attack Speed for Dr Strange... Damage Rating, Critical Chance

Doesn't attack speed figure into casting speed? Since Dr Strange can't move while casting, its best he does it as fast as possible?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
magneto skill tree

nMO7BPx.png

This is a fun one, particularly if you are Captain America.

It's up north, so dress warm (unless you are Human Torch, then you're fine)

oQ4qGEr.png

also prepare for saturday

The login bonus for Saturday is amazing. I can't believe she's making it free!

so maybe a free team up or stash tab ?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
pet confirmed for saturday

Yes, it's a pet that doesn't have a gender, good guess.

It's also very unexpected. Maybe more suitable for X-Mas, but at least the X part makes sense.
We created a new visual effect for this Dazzler power.

One step closer to having her playable!

6TeruVM.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait what? we get a pet for logging in saturday? why saturday?

still, free pet is pretty much my most wanted thing in the game, in my ongoing quest to have any sort of pet on every character :(

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ok doomsaw just posted this in the thread bout saturday gift

797172-001.jpg

Beepos

Any word on Venom? I want him so bad and thought he would hopefully be around December but perhaps that isn't the case now?

LuuKyK

Could the free thing be spider-woman team-up? Her icons were datamined in the latest test center build.

Nvm, just saw that its a pet.

ParityBit

Is the free thing on the test server only?

It is coming to crunch time on the black Friday deal and what I Heroes I will be getting :)

I have been reading a ton on the boards at this point I am getting analysis paralysis.

Hereafter

Here is my latest build of Dr Strange based on the advice I got here. Yes I know GOK is a must have item, I don't have it. Let me know where I can improve!

jvib.jpg

ivib.jpg

Hey, I try contacting you online but I didn't get a response. Why aren't you in our SG :)?

Artifacts:

1) You need spirit sustain on them. The best artifacts for that is: Zola, Lizard, Nimrod.
2) The best DPS ones are: GoK, Taskmaster, Advanced Meta, HoD

Try to get sustain first then go for crit all the way. My current artifacts are: GoK, Zola, Nimrod, Advanced Meta. I think you can do with Advanced Meta, Nimrod, Agamotto, Ziggarut.

Omegas:

1) Take Cerebro, it's the best damage node in the Omega tree (1000ish points to max).
2) Take Spin Tech after that

Uniques:

1) They look fine except defense is useless. Switch them all to Spirit if you need more sustain or HP.

Legendary:

1) Switch to Gunghir. Strange have probably the best critical rating of all the characters I fully geared. He's siting around 55%

Runeword:

1) Get God of Mischief. Farm SH Loki until you get it because it's the best runeword for Strange. If you don't want that then get Storm of Magi.

Relics:

1) Use Gibs if you need more sustain but is Attlian is fine also.

Costume Core:

1) Like Kepow said, switch to critical damage. Attack speed only helps Fangs and attack speed stops being really beneficial at a 20% total increase.
2) You NEED 25% medikit recovery on your costume core. Send me a tell when you see me online and I'll give you 1 (plus a few more items).

Pets:

1) Get a new Cosmic buff, +2 range or +2 area. Range is better.

Everything Else:

1) You should really put points into Strange's defensive incantations. 1 points into each, 3 point total will relief you of all your defensive gearing.
2) 1 point into Astral Form for general sustain and it's quite useful in raids,

Is the free thing on the test server only?

It is coming to crunch time on the black Friday deal and what I Heroes I will be getting :)

I have been reading a ton on the boards at this point I am getting analysis paralysis.

Are you in the Supergroup? If not, do you want to be? What's your IGN? I can help with questions (as will others) but I don't check the forum that often.

Declarius: Remember you threaten me do things to me if I get a certain artifact? Well guess what dropped for me yesterday...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is the "Saturday gift" for EVERYONE, or just the daily gift for people who have logged in every day since that went live?

Dec

Is the "Saturday gift" for EVERYONE, or just the daily gift for people who have logged in every day since that went live?

I'm quite sure it will be for everyone.

Declarius: Remember you threaten me do things to me if I get a certain artifact? Well guess what dropped for me yesterday...

Figures :).

I need to focus more on omegas and not on that at the moment so it will likely be a bit.

I'm up to 3 GoKs in two days though so my luck may be returning. I'll likely just buy one with those.

4 now, finally getting lucky.

ParityBit

Hi Friend. If you ask us here on GAF, we can tell you. What specific question you have??

Hey thanks! :)

I am just trying to plan on some new heroes to buy. I have the Human Torch, but I do not have time to try all sorts of heroes on the test server, I would rather just play.

The first question people ask is what type of hero do you like to play, now to know all the options would be really useful in answering that question. Then I figured if you could get that list, why not a list of each Hero and what archetype they are!

I am going to steal a post from Red Arremer which basically sums it all up, of course there are some caveats and some heroes have multiple builds, but

Most heroes have several styles of gameplay, though if you want to break it down into very basic archetypes:
Melee DPS: Black Panther, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Juggernaut, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Nightcrawler, Wolverine
Ranged/AoE DPS: Cyclops, Cable, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Jean Grey, Mr. Fantastic, Punisher, Rocket Raccoon, Scarlet Witch, Silver Surfer, Star-Lord, Storm
Summoner: Loki, Luke Cage, Rocket Raccoon, Squirrel Girl
Tank: Colossus, Hulk, Thing, Thor
Hybrid: Black Widow, Captain America, Deadpool, Emma Frost, Gambit, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Nova, Psylocke, Rogue, Spider-Man, Taskmaster

Vecks

Is there like a chart someplace which lists what Hero is what sort of archetype? Who are the AoE vs Melee vs pet masters, etc?

Haven't seen one. While it might be nice to have one, I think people can usually guess what playstyle a Hero has. Besides a few exceptions, Gaz pretty much tries to design the hero based on what people think that hero should be like.

Edit: Or you could just check out that list above.

Dec

Jarnbjorn delayed another week...

Edit, some interesting things in todays TC datamine. The jet they were teasing, a BAMF pet, tokens for adding specific challenge bonuses or random challenge bonuses, "Surtur Ingot", Spiderwoman team up,

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-25.11.x2.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are the login servers fucked or was I hacked? keeps saying incorrect username/password

edit: I can login on the site fine

I just have to say that... leveling and gearing Iron Man's melee build is the most fun I've had in a MMO in a long time. The animations coupled with being so tanky, I love it.

I ditched the typical use of Hulkbuster costume and instead went with stacked size increase on Iron Man MK I. Just cause I've always liked the derpy look of the first suit.

Farming ICP while spamming Tony's brag emotes after every boss never gets old.

KePoW

Banned
I just have to say that... leveling and gearing Iron Man's melee build is the most fun I've had in a MMO in a long time. The animations coupled with being so tanky, I love it.

I ditched the typical use of Hulkbuster costume and instead went with stacked size increase on Iron Man MK I. Just cause I've always liked the derpy look of the first suit.

Farming ICP while spamming Tony's brag emotes after every boss never gets old.

lol is MK 1 the doofy looking silver color one?? if so that one is hilarious

Dec

patch notes. http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/152210/marvel-heroes-2015-1-26-patch-notes

-Cosmic Worldstones and Worldstone Caches will still be dropping. Cosmic Bosses dropping doubled loot and the doubled leveling rate for Cosmic Prestige will also continue.

-our XP, RIF and SIF Live Tuning values will start at 24%. the first time you complete a Shared Quest each day will reward double Omega Orb rewards, and Omega leveling is 24% faster.

-There will be an Odin's Bounty loot rotation - game modes will rotate and drop Odin's Bounty Chests! Additionally, all players have a chance to receive an Odin's Blessing Loot Explosion

-Everyone who logs in on Saturday will get a special X-Men pet: The Remote Control Blackbird!

-vendors can now be found mingling in the Avengers Tower bar area.

-Mysterious Unique Box has had new uniques added and Doc Ock’s Mechanical Arms has been removed.

-The Muspelheim Raid now allows for Custom Camera Zoom.

-Login rewards have been added through Day 150 and will be granted retroactively to those who missed them.

-The Uncanny Fortune Card features two exclusive costumes and a timed exclusive pet that will be released to the store after at least 30 days! In addition, if you purchase 36 or 72-card bundles, you will also receive FOIL CARDS! Foil Cards feature ONLY the rare and epic rewards and contain 5 pieces of "insurance" currency rather than one!

Odin rotation begins with Midtown and ICP at 6pm PST, 9pm EST.

Midtown/ICP -> Terminals -> X-def/Holo-sim.

In that order, 3 hour intervals, for the new people.

Top Bottom