• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Indignate

exactly what u said turns current to tc when u change back it downloads like 300mb to change back (thats what it did do at first anyway)

When you opted into the beta there was a 400mb patch converting your live client into the test client, when you opted out there was another 400mb patch to switch back.

Man that sounds so much better. Hopefully they can get this up and running again.

dam loki got huge buff like 50% to some skills

Maybe I'll start using him again. Got him to around 30 and he just felt so weak.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
MOON KNIGHT

Truncheon Ricochet 10829-16243 to 13695-20542 / Cestus Gauntlet Punch 11361-17042 (tick 4755) to 10956-16433 (tick 3587) / Gruesome Frenzy (ult 9) 13393-20089 (finish 137096-205644) to (ult 2) 12520-18810 (finish 128367-192551) / Crescent Fan 5035-7552 (tick 2623) to 4673-7009 (tick 2889) / Tripwire Bolas 3018 to 3319 / Staff Sweep 10416-15624 to 13499-20248 / Nunchuk Bulldoze 8409 to 10658

WOLVERINE

Bloody Sweep 5714-8570 (tick 3824) to 7692-11538 (tick 3831) / Bloody Claws 2986-4479 (tick 3111) to 3584-5375 (tick 3040) / Eviscerate 26589-39883 to 27899-41848 / Crimson Leap 7154-10731 (tick 3532) to 9363-14045 (tick 3673) / Swift Claws 3849-5773 to 4300-6450 / Rending Sweep 9129-13394 to 11677-17515 / Furious Assault (ult 5) 31103-46655 (finish 46655-69982) to (ult 1) 29919-44879 (finish 44879-67318) / Impale 56282-84422 to 55666-83498

im totally confused.

im guessing dartboard for every hero

how can wolverine get such huge buffs with being top 10 ttk but punisher on bottom tier gets nerfed.

dartboard guys lol

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ryolnir just went hulk on me lol

angelchay ‏@angelchay2 @Ryolnir loving the dartboard nerfs to heroes and dartboard buffs too others. how did punisher warrant a nerf but wolverine got buff

Ryan Collins ‏@Ryolnir @angelchay2 We're actually posting numbers for Punisher right now, we're definitely not seeing the nerf that others saw.

Ryan Collins ‏@Ryolnir @angelchay2 Please check out our upcoming guide to how to compare the values and check them out for yourself.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dat damage control

Agent Vapor
Hey folks,

We're paying very close attention to the feedback for this testing cycle regarding the global tuning changes. Thank you for your feedback thus far.

One thing to keep in mind is that when attempting to compare changes between this server and the live server for your hero, it is important that you eliminate as many variables as possible to get accurate results regarding the powers themselves.

There are a lot of variables that can affect power damage:

Hero Synergies
Omega
Power points spent
Equipment slots
Team-Up and Team-Up gear
The safest thing to do is to simply eliminate as many of the above variables as possible by disabling all of your Hero synergies, respeccing your Omega points and Power points, unequipping all equipment slots, and removing all Team-Up gear as well as setting your Team-Up powers to ones that do not grant any passive benefits.

It is easy to overlook something when comparing results, like having your Team-Up set to passive benefits on the live server and not doing so on the test environment, or having your test environment hero not using the exact same gear loadout (as it may be an older copy of your live hero).

This will ensure that you are getting accurate results in your comparisons and make it much faster to sort through feedback regarding these tuning changes.

Thanks everyone!

Ryolnir
Hey all,

We're looking at this data vs. ours and checking things out. There are some discrepancies which @AgentVapor will be posting so we can all get on the same page as well as a stickied post that explains exactly how to check live vs. TC values.

It is imperative that if you are comparing values you insure EVERYTHING is turned off. A Team-Up might seem insignificant but can make a fairly large difference when comparing base damage changes. We will definitely have more info as the week goes on in regards to discrepancies and changes in powers that were intended.

Something worth noted is that DoT durations may have changed so it's important to check those as well. Thanks for all of the data/feedback, as always.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Agent Vapor
Hey folks,

I saw some Punisher data posted in the thread earlier, and went ahead and double-checked the numbers between the current live server and today's test center:

Test Center 11/26

Rifle Shot 1151-1726

Deadly Barrage 3391 2/s

Armor-Piercing Shot 7168-10752

Shotgun Blast 1721-2581

Impact Shot 1785-2677

Flechette Blast 1096-1644, 653 2/s

Quick Escape 3181,4771

Steel-Toed Kick 6488-9732

Combat Lunge 3553-5329

Show No Mercy 5536-8303

Explosive Rocket 3033-4549 (x2 area)

Flamethrower Blast 3039 2/s, 1076 2/s (burn)

Flashbang Grenade 4448-6672

Punish the Guilty 5356-8034

Proximity Mine 4590-6885

Chemical Mine 1408 2/s

Sticky Mines 1681-2427

Live Server

Rifle Shot 1055-1582

Deadly Barrage 2696 2/s

Armor-Piercing Shot 4793-7189

Shotgun Blast 1390-2085

Impact Shot 1278-1917

Flechette Blast 806-1208, 629 2/s

Quick Escape 3223-4835

Steel-Toed Kick 5832-8748

Combat Lunge 3370-5054

Show No Mercy 5429-8144

Explosive Rocket 2996-4493 (x2 area)

Flamethrower Blast 2516 2/s, 1101 2/s (burn)

Flashbang Grenade 2996-4493

Punish the Guilty 4543-6815

Proximity Mine 4316-6474

Chemical Mine 1380 2/s

Sticky Mines 195-293

I-dont-believe-you.gif

lol secret live tuning

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
whos in a better place jean grey or emma frost.

also hows spiderman

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
From what I understand, you need mad gear though?

I can probably rob my GoK off Psylocke now I guess..

Not really, you can just use his Uniques and a Nate Grey. I use an Overseer's Mace on him and I'm trying to get a Mask of Algrim and maybe Lord Brimstone's Hide if I get lucky, but he's still good without them. Overseer's Mace is on par with Bone Claws, I think, but I didn't have any other character to use it on.

Indignate

Remember when I said that if they didn't give us X-23 sooner there would be a riot?

rip this game

Apparently Punisher didn't get nerfed though. The guy who first stated it had stuff on that he shouldn't have had and it messed up his numbers.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
They're making system-wide changes, shit's gonna be massively fucked. Every single time they've done this: the damage change, the dodge change, the defense change. It's probably gonna take several weeks for the whole thing to be smoothed out.

Also, this creates a never-ending issue of power creep and items/heroes needing new tuning passes. Remember when Mandarin medal wasn't worthless garbage? It still has the same stats as it had probably at launch, despite all the system-wide changes made, same goes for many other untouched items.

Dec

That graph is useful at a glance.

A lot of the heroes that show as small improvements will actually be nerfs because the powers everyone uses were nerfed but the ones no one uses getting buffed outweighs them and makes the hero show up as buffed overall.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
That graph is useful at a glance.

A lot of the heroes that show as small improvements will actually be nerfs because the powers everyone uses were nerfed but the ones no one uses getting buffed outweighs them and makes the hero show up as buffed overall.

yup that graph reads like pr to me. psylocke got a 6% buff nevermind no one actually uses her range skills (all melee skills on her got nerfed) so that 6% is completey invalid to everyone playing right now pretty much.

at the same time wolverine got heavily buffed but that 10% makes it seem like he didnt ( a quick ttk on tc someone is averaging same time as rogue now)

also dec thor's odin force got a new visual bar its split into three with runes looks sexy as fuck

K9sovHZ.jpg

Dec

Looks great.

Thor got buffed consistently all over, and quite a lot in some cases. Along with Jarnbjorn, then his reworked uniques giving him near 50 ranks on his abilities he is going to be better next week, then even better the week after.

yup that graph reads like pr to me. psylocke got a 6% buff nevermind no one actually uses her range skills (all melee skills on her got nerfed) so that 6% is completey invalid to everyone playing right now pretty much.
I use her vortex to pull all the trash together before lotus strike...

But bolded doesn't sound like it will make me a happy camper.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I use her vortex to pull all the trash together before lotus strike...

But bolded doesn't sound like it will make me a happy camper.

these are confirmed numbers for psylocke now

Kirisute Gomen Live: 5645-8468 TC: 5396-8094

Falling Lotus Strike Live 11270-16904 (3522 tick) TC: 10158-15237 (3693 tick)

Katana Typhoon Live: 17981-26971 TC: 18646-27968

Assassinate Live: 27662-41493 TC: 20832-31247 *enjoy*

Psionic Assault Live: 3069 TC: 3263

Live: Psionic vortex Live: 5845-8767 TC: 8221-12331

Psionic Bow Live: 30045-45068 TC: 35544-53316

Crossbow construct Live: 6784-10176 TC: 9498-14247

Psycho Blast Live: 24732-37098 TC: 25143-37715

dont worry dec that wernt my actual thor build lol

Dec

Keep in mind that what seems like a small nerf is not so small with gear on. You have to look at them with % in mind.

An assassinate brutaling for 4.2m now will now brutal for 3.1m.

Moondrop

Banned
Magneto has some very amusing and visually impressive powers. I don't think they have his resource mechanic properly balanced yet though.

I played around with some other heroes on TC too. Surfer movement build seems pretty cool but pales in comparison to Juggernaut. Luke Cage was the most interesting of those I sampled.

Letting the veteran players also level starter characters to 10 is an insidious move.

I'm sympathetic to the Psylocke players, but as soon as I played her I knew she would be nerfed. She outclasses all of my other characters by a wide margin.

Dec

I'm sympathetic to the Psylocke players, but as soon as I played her I knew she would be nerfed. She outclasses all of my other characters by a wide margin.

For sure, my Moon Knight is a bit stronger than her, both geared a lot, but Moon Knight takes a lot more in terms of gameplay. A lot of factors dictating how much damage he does.

With Psylocke she is just great damage all the time, with no difficulty in gameplay.

KePoW

Banned
yeah I have no sympathy for Psylocke players haha

She's clearly been in the top 3 out of 40 classes for at least a couple months -- by mathematical definition that is overpowered

it's easy to not care about nerfs in a game where there's 40 different classes... I mean people really can't find at least a few characters to play out of entire roster at any given time?? I rotate mains constantly based on the state of the game

For typical ARPGs with like just 5 classes, I can understand complaints a little more

yeah I have no sympathy for Psylocke players haha

She's clearly been in the top 3 out of 40 classes for at least a couple months -- by mathematical definition that is overpowered

it's easy to not care about nerfs in a game where there's 40 different classes... I mean people really can't find at least a few characters to play out of entire roster at any given time?? I rotate mains constantly based on the state of the game

For typical ARPGs with like just 5 classes, I can understand complaints a little more

What does being top three have to do with being overpowered?

Indignate

Mainly because this game isn't balanced. In a perfect world, being top 3 wouldn't mean that, but here it does. It has nothing to do with mathematical definition though. Kepow is weird.

I'm whatever about these changes though, cuz my girl Doreen got mostly buffs aside from Presents. Which is fine, Presents was already doing a shit ton of damage.

Mainly because this game isn't balanced. In a perfect world, being top 3 wouldn't mean that, but here it does.

In a game like this, how powerful a hero is would be determined by their ability to do the content relative to the mean. No character in this game is over performing to an extent that can be considered "OP" (I'm using the traditional definition here, not the silly exaggerated one the online gaming community throws out left and right). There are underpowered characters, yes, but nobody you can truly call overpowered. No spec is breaking the game.

KePoW

Banned

I guess everyone has different definitions for overpowered classes -- my definition is the ones which are in the top percentage of the roster

So for traditional ARPGs or MMOs where there's like say 8 classes... the OP ones are like the top 2

For MH in a roster of 40, it would be at least the top 5 or 6

Moondrop

Banned
I guess everyone has different definitions for overpowered classes -- my definition is the ones which are in the top percentage of the roster

So for traditional ARPGs or MMOs where there's like say 8 classes... the OP ones are like the top 2
I'm no longer convinced you are a bot. Robots are good at math.

Dec

Made some changes to my Thor that actually increased my damage pretty significantly.

Replaced his slot 2 with Kraven's Lion Vest, replaced his slot 4 with Batroc's boots. Going to replace his slot 5 with Mask of Xorn when I find one.

Changed out Midtown signet and put the points from leaping smite into his defense passive. Too much animation to fit into the rotation, not worth it.

Changed artifacts to GOK/Liz/Tasky/Spider-Clone Serum

Alt setup Zola/meta/gok/tasky

Changed omegas too but no way I can remember all the names.

After all this my ttk on the raid dummy is 1:15 with 4200 omegas. With xorn, more omegas and some small upgrades like a better taskmaster guide, and insignia he can be down to 60 seconds and that's before his buffs coming in the next two patches.

My internet is so bad tonight, MH is unplayable. I've been stuck on a 2000-ish ping for the last few hours. Raaah! :mad:
I am still very tempted to buy mask-less Cap and mask-less black suit Rocket. Both very good costumes. I feel the Rocket one is particular is underrated. I dont see many people wearing it.
Still, I worry about spending too much on this game sometimes.

Dec

That bug making it impossible for some people to buy G through Steam during the sale is back. I bought mine when there was no sale and submitted a ticket today for the 15% bonus to get around it but these new people are probably fucked.

Last night my Internet was fine, but I was lagging out like crazy for at least 45 mins.

I know you are in Australia too. Im in NSW with Optus and I seem to have lag issues pretty regularly. I suspect one of my housemates is hogging all the upload bandwidth... or Optus just sucks.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought Gs and it worked fine, used Steam too. Got the 40 euros/50 dollar pack. What tempted me was the G/FC sale. I hate FCs but I've wanted IM's Nightclub costume for a long time so I thought I'd buy one pack... lo and behold, I got it! Also got a Vision pet and Ultron gold (my second or third, somehow).

So now I've got Gs to spare. Probably hold on to them for cool costumes down the road.

Dec

I just bought Gs and it worked fine, used Steam too. Got the 40 euros/50 dollar pack. What tempted me was the G/FC sale. I hate FCs but I've wanted IM's Nightclub costume for a long time so I thought I'd buy one pack... lo and behold, I got it! Also got a Vision pet and Ultron gold (my second or third, somehow).

So now I've got Gs to spare. Probably hold on to them for cool costumes down the road.

Good number of people can't buy G during the sale, either last week or this week.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/151431/buying-g-through-steam-isnt-working/p1

Uthred

Havent played in a while but the current deal is pretty good, grabbed enough G's to buy one hero. Bought Juggernaut and got Rogue as my free hero. Not a fan of the character but always nice to get one of the "expensive" tier heroes as a freebie.

Dec

Red raid pugs are awful.

I would like to take a real stab at a GAF red raid.

Maybe people can post where they need help gearing, or if someone is wondering if they are geared enough, post your stats/items.

Indignate

I just want to do a green raid so I can learn the mechanics of the fights first hand!

Other than that, the only thing that I think that is really holding me back is the Armor artifact for summoners.

Farming armor drives is the worst.

Mulgrok

I finally figured after 1500 hours played that I should probably join a supergroup. :p

If there is still room in the GAF group, pick me up.

Game name is: Gurkog

EDIT: Wow, fast invite! Thank you for accepting me into the supergroup!

Top Bottom