• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rolled a random costume today and got Storms Asgard one (with the cleavage). Awesome!
I got Nightcrawlers dark looking one with the red eyes last night as a bonus costume, when I bought one for Rocket. Im having good luck with costumes lately.

Vecks

Decided to go for 2 costume BOGOs instead of fortune cards. Got 2 dupes. In disappointment, I scraped up whatever old costumes I had in the stash and threw them all in the blender for random costumes. Almost all dupes, except for Jean Grey 90s, which may very well be the only 90s that I don't want.

I've joined before and due to being undergeared, I was severely clogging down the progress. I haven't gotten much better in terms of equipment since then, since I don't farm high end gear, so...

I do know how it works mechanically

Dec

I've joined before and due to being undergeared, I was severely clogging down the progress. I haven't gotten much better in terms of equipment since then, since I don't farm high end gear, so...

I do know how it works mechanically

We will have enough people geared and experienced enough that it wont matter, honestly.

I will explain all of the mechanics and will even skype with anyone that would want to.

EDit: just going to go whenever a good amount of people are online and ready to go. I will lend people items if they need them, goks etc. just unbind them afterwards and give em back.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
was just posted on forum

Just chatted with @Ryolnir in-game re: 52 review and he spilled several cans of beans. Here's what I got.

Signature:

Punisher will have 2 signatures! That's good!
But you can only pick 1 — there's a lockout a la Rocket's Assault/Battery Specialization. That's not so good.
But your choice modifies his ENTIRE kit! That's good!
How it works: You get a choice between a minigun with a big ol' backpack full of ammo or a proper napalm-spewing flamethrower that belches a stream of sticky, burning DEATH a long distance and may drip burning hotspots. Whichever one you choose will impact your entire kit a la Jean's Phoenix/non-Phoenix toggle. You can be a DoT-layering fiend with the flamethrower (turning Shotgun Blast into Flechette Blast, for instance) or go straight direct damage with the minigun (which might increase Shotgun Blast's damage considerably but put it on a cooldown, for example.)

Ammo system:

Your primary resource. There is no secondary resource.
No passive regen.
All your non-basic powers will spend it. I believe Frank will have a pistol basic and a melee basic.
Lock and Load (now a starter power) will have to be used carefully to manage it.
Other stuff:

Backward roll will be added. It will drop grenades.
No more mines. We get a mix of launched and thrown grenades.
Moar weapons. Because 11 isn't enough.
Forward roll is currently planned to stay.
Sprint power might be added, tentative name is Double Time.
Frank's passives are crowded to the point where there was no room for a skill representing Micro.
Explosive Rocket is planned as similar to Cyclops' Explosive Blast - pure AoE that goes wherever you click with a short cooldown. The Vulnerability debuff may get moved here.
Armor-Piercing Shot will be buffed until it's awesome.
Fear probably won't be on a passive anymore, but added as an affix on some attacks.
The reason for the above change is that tenacity is getting reworked soon, and whatever they're planning is going to make CC effects on passive procs even more useless than they are currently. As a result, they want players to have total control over when they go off.

Dec

Speaking of that, Ryolnir said he reads this thread sometimes and has seen the SG around but doesn't have an account.

He knows who the new Thor is.

Amthua hopes Thor's reworked uniques will be out with Magneto.

LuuKyK

I would be very thankful if anyone could post a good ranged build for Black Widow. I am doing fine with Coup de Grace and Rolling Grenades, but I want to optimize it, so inventory shots including the best legendaries for her and what powers to focus on would definitely help. :)

I am level 55 right now btw. Searched the official forums but could only find older builds.

Vecks

I would be very thankful if anyone could post a good ranged build for Black Widow. I am doing fine with Coup de Grace and Rolling Grenades, but I want to optimize it, so inventory shots including the best legendaries for her and what powers to focus on would definitely help. :)

I am level 55 right now btw. Searched the official forums but could only find older builds.

This is currently what I'm testing out right now: Black Widow Build

It's purely physical, mostly ranged, and a pretty simple build. Basically just deadly blade for DoT, Coup de grace whenever widowmaker is full, then mostly explosive detonation spam with drones on cool down. Don't need a single point in kevlar if you've got Raiden-Tech SHIELD Prototype Armor.

Just using Gungnir as legendary, since I don't know what legendary would be best.

LuuKyK

This is currently what I'm testing out right now: Black Widow Build

It's purely physical, mostly ranged, and a pretty simple build. Basically just deadly blade for DoT, Coup de grace whenever widowmaker is full, then mostly explosive detonation spam with drones on cool down. Don't need a single point in kevlar if you've got Raiden-Tech SHIELD Prototype Armor.

Just using Gungnir as legendary, since I don't know what legendary would be best.

Thanks! Will try somethings differently from what I am currently using.

Lord Phol

Punisher rework sounds pretty awesome, like a whole new character. I'm suprised they still manage to come up with such diverse ideas for heroes, means they still have lots of creativity left which is great. Hope they get Rachel Cole in there in time for his review!

Making strides! Soloed cosmic Kurse for the first time tonight on my melee Iron Man. Also got GotK to drop on the third run, pretty cool. I also got a high roll Spider-clone Serum I'm not sure what to do with. Maybe I should sell it?

Anyway, pretty surprised how quickly I managed to gear my IM. Cosmics don't give me much trouble, so hopefully he's raid ready. :) I'll have to join you guys next time you all do a run.

ParityBit

This hero sale is great for a new comer like me. I made out like a bandit, including getting both Rogue and Dr Strange as randoms!

I am debating buying a single costume and getting the free one before it goes.

LuuKyK

This hero sale is great for a new comer like me. I made out like a bandit, including getting both Rogue and Dr Strange as randoms!

I am debating buying a single costume and getting the free one before it goes.

Those are great gets. Both new and well done heroes. Congrats!

Dec

Making strides! Soloed cosmic Kurse for the first time tonight on my melee Iron Man. Also got GotK to drop on the third run, pretty cool. I also got a high roll Spider-clone Serum I'm not sure what to do with. Maybe I should sell it?

Anyway, pretty surprised how quickly I managed to gear my IM. Cosmics don't give me much trouble, so hopefully he's raid ready. :) I'll have to join you guys next time you all do a run.

Holy hell. Congrats on those.

As a beginning player I don't think I would hold onto a spider-serum. The amount of items it could buy you is pretty immense.

If it is a high roll you're looking at 50b maybe more.

For reference, a Hand of Doom is 6-10, a GoK is 9-15 (mid), Black Tom's is 2-5, WSJ is 1-4. Any rare runes you may need are 1-4. Very good insignias run 4-20 (crazy ones more).

I'd need to see the rolls to know for sure though.

I'll next be raiding Wednesday after the patch (hopefully), trying out Thor's new slot 1.

I'm definitely down to join a raid with you guys again. Been too long since I've had time.

I did finally get enough SHIELD files to get the Coulson Team-up so I'm super happy. I was good and didn't spend any money on this sale. I have enough splinters for Magneto and probably whatever else pops up in the New Year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its not december (where I am at least) and we have no Magneto, X-23 or Venom. No fucking way all 3 make it out this year. You done fucked up Gaz!

I know they said heroes could slip into 2015, even in the advance pack FAQ in fact, still feels wrong :)

KePoW

Banned
its not december (where I am at least) and we have no Magneto, X-23 or Venom. No fucking way all 3 make it out this year. You done fucked up Gaz!

I know they said heroes could slip into 2015, even in the advance pack FAQ in fact, still feels wrong :)

Magneto and X-23 this year

Venom already been confirmed to be next year

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Magneto and X-23 this year

Venom already been confirmed to be next year

I want my advance pack 2014 money back then. it says 2014 right there in the name!

I just want the advance pack 2014 money back tho, they can keep the 2015 money...for now. I got my eye on you Gaz ->o_O

I was really excited for the Juggernaut X-Men costume, but after looking up videos of it, it's incredibly underwhelming. Seems way less detailed than his other costumes. Now I have to figure out if I'm going to get anything else in this sale instead.

Rhaknar

I was really excited for the Juggernaut X-Men costume, but after looking up videos of it, it's incredibly underwhelming. Seems way less detailed than his other costumes. Now I have to figure out if I'm going to get anything else in this sale instead.

yup, both his default and now his xmen look low-res compared to the classic. its a shame

Holy hell. Congrats on those.

As a beginning player I don't think I would hold onto a spider-serum. The amount of items it could buy you is pretty immense.

If it is a high roll you're looking at 50b maybe more.

For reference, a Hand of Doom is 6-10, a GoK is 9-15 (mid), Black Tom's is 2-5, WSJ is 1-4. Any rare runes you may need are 1-4. Very good insignias run 4-20 (crazy ones more).

I'd need to see the rolls to know for sure though.
I've been looking at other serums with high rolls and mine has a bit lower damage (328 vs 345).

82LXnSo.jpg

Even if it's not worth much, thanks for the heads up on prices. I still find trading in games without a unified currency hard to do. I was never very good at getting good deals in Path of Exile.

Dec

I've been looking at other serums with high rolls and mine has a bit lower damage (328 vs 345).

Even if it's not worth much, thanks for the heads up on prices. I still find trading in games without a unified currency hard to do. I was never very good at getting good deals in Path of Exile.

It's definitely a high roll.

I would put it at 50-60b unless the market has changed in the past 2 days.

Let me know if you need pricing help with anything, I know how hard it is when you just get into the trading market.

Keep trade chat open all the time and read it as much as you can.

Because runes might be something you're after at the start, maybe I'll list some.

Tyr - 3
Doop - 3
Thor - 3
Odin - 2
Serpent - 1
Saturn - 1
Loki - 0.5
Surtur - 4
Zod 20-25 (lucky if you ever find one)

I might have forgotten another prominent one. Otherwise every rune besides those are extremely common and worth nearly nothing. There may be some rare demand for sun or cattle runes but it would likely be 10-50 = 1b. Ymir and Sif are a tier between the rare ones and common ones but still worth almost nothing.

Many of these can also go for slightly less than listed, mostly in package deals (2 odin for 3b etc.)

lol. A guy on the official forums claimed to have run Cosmic Kurse more than 1500 times and he never found a GoK. You are very lucky. I have only done Cosmic Kurse 4 times, but Ive done Red Kurse close to 100 times and never gotten anything.

Ive done the Zoo and Wakanda about a dozen times, and have yet to find a Gorilla Necklace or Lizard Serum either >:/

Dec

I'd guess on average I find one every 200-250 cosmic Kurse kills. Sometimes 750 between drops, sometimes back to back.

It's a quite good feeling when big items drop though, I really love RNG.

I think I'm at the point where I'd rather just farm the marks to buy the artifacts (aside from Lizard and the Clone Serum, screw the current pricing on them). I can't stand doing more than one hour of boss rushing in a day.

Dec

One thing I keep seeing when new items release is people talking about them in trade as if their price crash is inevitable, that there's a "shiny new item" bubble, but we don't really see them ever crashing. If anything they are rising.

Lizard, Gorilla, Spider serum, and Hyde are all either staying around the same price or, in the case of Gorillas and Lizards actually going up since release/buff.

Their value is pretty much a direct calculation of how hard they are to find compared to how useful they are.

Lizard - very good item, hard to find - 70
Gorilla - very good item, hard to find, limited to physical - 60
Spider - extremely good item, easier to find - 50
Hyde - pretty good item on select heroes, hard to find - 35

^High roll prices. Lows are very hard to find for Liz and Gorilla because they aren't difficult to reroll. You can find low roll Spiders and Hydes though, and they'd be 30 and 20.

By hard to find and easier to find I basically mean that farming Lizard, Hyde and Gorilla is unrewarding. Every good item from there is very rare, the loot otherwise is extremely poor. Experience much lower than cosmic terminals.

Spider drops in a new area that is enjoyable to farm and very populated. The reason for it's value isn't rarity as much as that it's a damn good item that is somewhat rare. This is probably the most likely item to fall in value, but I wouldn't think it would be much.

If you look at Zolas, they are 10-12b for low rolls, 20-30 for high rolls. Despite being a great item, they are lower because all you need to farm Mandarin is a high mobility hero. The fight is easy, the loot is good even if a zola doesn't drop.

Not talking to anyone directly, just thought explaining why these items are insanely valuable could be useful.

KePoW

Banned
I think I'm at the point where I'd rather just farm the marks to buy the artifacts (aside from Lizard and the Clone Serum, screw the current pricing on them). I can't stand doing more than one hour of boss rushing in a day.

That's more than I can stand. I cannot do the same boss for more than 15 or 20 minutes nonstop

Started playing as Invisible Woman last night. Her character is pretty alright. The sounds of some of her attacks are really satisfying. They have a nice weighty sound.

Top Bottom