• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

I'd have done cosmic Kurse probably ~150 times and gotten 1 drop.

The other GoK I have I got in Midtown, so the odds are probably better there IMO lol

inky

I've probably not done cosmic Kurse as much as you guys but I got it once. Kinda bad rolls from what I can tell tho.

Bought a Jean costume a couple of nights ago and got Iron Man Marvel Now (black one). Cool, I guess. Not that I needed more costumes for him but I'll take it over something I'll never use.

KePoW

Banned
I've probably not done cosmic Kurse as much as you guys but I got it once. Kinda bad rolls from what I can tell tho.

Bought a Jean costume a couple of nights ago and got Iron Man Marvel Now (black one). Cool, I guess. Not that I needed more costumes for him but I'll take it over something I'll never use.

what's ur main Iron Man costume??

I've got about 4 IM costumes now, mostly random rolls in the BOGOs.

No substitute for my Hulkbuster though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nice, looking forward to reports on him. even not actively playing atm, I still jumped in and lvled Juggs to 60 when he came out, thats how cool he was. Hoping for the same from Mags

Thinking of Sue as my next character. Is the verdict on her: plays okay, but kind of weak.

Also on GoKs, I've never got one from cosmic Kurse but then I don't really farm him. Gotten two from midtown though and one from a mysterious box.

Dec

Not trying to correct anyone :p

After playing quite a while I assume most people know the hour difference between the timezone the game runs on and their own. Seemed logical to post the patch time in pacific and let everyone do their own conversions.

Thinking of Sue as my next character. Is the verdict on her: plays okay, but kind of weak.

Also on GoKs, I've never got one from cosmic Kurse but then I don't really farm him. Gotten two from midtown though and one from a mysterious box.

I really enjoyed playing IW. Would probably agree with the summary too, but in total fairness, I never "end-gamed" her, with gear/Omega either.

She was good fun though.

I really enjoyed playing IW. Would probably agree with the summary too, but in total fairness, I never "end-gamed" her, with gear/Omega either.

She was good fun though.

She's one of my four Level 60 characters. She's nowhere near as fun as Strange or Reed, but she's definitely up there.

She's one of my four Level 60 characters. She's nowhere near as fun as Strange or Reed, but she's definitely up there.

Reed is ridiculously good fun and doesn't get enough love.

I still have Strange in my targets for replay, especially now I've got a small chunk of Omega points.

Might have to ditch Psylocke as my main soon :( So he seems like a good candidate for the AoE and fire-and-forget type SQ runs I've gotten accustomed to.

Reed is ridiculously good fun and doesn't get enough love.

I still have Strange in my targets for replay, especially now I've got a small chunk of Omega points.

Might have to ditch Psylocke as my main soon :( So he seems like a good candidate for the AoE and fire-and-forget type SQ runs I've gotten accustomed to.

Strange is my go-to character for shared quests. I easily made it through all of the daily quests for Omega files in 2 or so hours total (usually depending on the Midtown quest - if it's "help citizens" it usually takes the upper end of 2 hours).
The only time it took me longer was when Bronx Zoo was on the list, but that was mostly cause I wasn't familiar with it, heh.

LuuKyK

Till when does this event last?

Its amazing. I found like 12 uniques in one boss wave in MM. Not even kidding. :lol

Strange is my go-to character for shared quests. I easily made it through all of the daily quests for Omega files in 2 or so hours total (usually depending on the Midtown quest - if it's "help citizens" it usually takes the upper end of 2 hours).
The only time it took me longer was when Bronx Zoo was on the list, but that was mostly cause I wasn't familiar with it, heh.

Nice.

Sentinels and Civilians are always really annoying. Sentinels aren't so bad if you luck out and get the big spawn wave, but they can be really annoying sometimes too.

What's he like at solo'ing Ape? Can he handle the three defend waves at the start? Psylocke cake-walks them, so I'm keen to get someone ready for solo Ape for those nights when my SG isn't keen or has already done the Ape run.

Mind sharing your build?

Till when does this event last?

Its amazing. I found like 12 uniques in one boss wave in MM. Not even kidding. :lol

Patch (wed/Thurs depending on your time zone) I think.

Wow! Running crazy boosts or something? I didn't see anything like that last night when I played.

Indignate

You only need to be concerned if they do something stupid like hold her back cuz they want to get Venom out faster or something.

Dec

Amthua was in trade chat answering questions earlier on

More things in the raid vendor is next week, challenge bonuses and crafting raid specific uniques.

Thor has reworked uniques coming on today's TC build. Lots of ranks to relevant skills.

LuuKyK

Btw, I take back what I said abou Invisible Woman, she is way cooler to play as after level 40 or so. Having a blast with those bouncing discs.

Also, finally X-23 confirmation. Can't wait. Probably my next character along with Mags.

And the best costume will be her alt:

The 'Classic' costume is the one she is wearing in X-Mansion yep.

Her alt at launch will be the one with the jacket.

X-Force and Fang will come later. Those who purchased the Deluxe Advance Pack 2 will receive them all at her launch.

Nice.

Patch (wed/Thurs depending on your time zone) I think.

Wow! Running crazy boosts or something? I didn't see anything like that last night when I played.

Yeah, I had a crazy amount of boosts going on. I saved all the codes Gaz gave away for when I actually had time to play and there was a good event in the works. Still, never had that happening before either. Pretty awesome.

Nice.

Sentinels and Civilians are always really annoying. Sentinels aren't so bad if you luck out and get the big spawn wave, but they can be really annoying sometimes too.

What's he like at solo'ing Ape? Can he handle the three defend waves at the start? Psylocke cake-walks them, so I'm keen to get someone ready for solo Ape for those nights when my SG isn't keen or has already done the Ape run.

Mind sharing your build?

I have never had any issues with the 3 Dora or the Moloid waves, neither with Wizard nor with Man-Ape. The only times I died to either was when I was stuck in some casting animation and couldn't teleport out in time, or I simply did not see the oneshot attack coming lol.

I can grab my build, sure, but it's actually not all that great - I have subpar artifacts and whatnot on him because I am not into endgame farming. I think you're probably better off asking the minmaxers in here for their build. :)

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Doomsaw: X-23 will be releasing between Magneto and Venom.

We've been testing her internally and she's a blast to play with fun animations and powers. Can't wait for you guys to see her.

Venom is still on track for New Year's Eve (plus or minus a couple of days, maybe Xmas).
Yessss! That's what I like to hear. Finally...I'll be able to unload all this crap I've been saving in my bank for her.(Honestly it's kinda ridiculous the amount of junk I've been saving just for this one character)

Dec

I think we've got about 5 or 6 people so far hopefully making a raid on Thursday night around 11pm est.

Anyone can come, doesn't matter if you have done it before or not.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The Fall Of Man (Ultimate) now fully functional! A squadron of three Sentinels roams too close to the Master of Magnetism, becoming weapons of destruction to those who would oppose Mutantkind. After slamming them out of their flight path, he uses their limbs and bits to create a whirlwind of Sentinel pieces, wrecking any enemies that survived the initial blast. If anything STILL survives, pick up the remaining limbs and pieces and chuck them at your enemies for even more damage (these pieces can also be picked up by your allies!) The tuning on this power is currently way higher than intended and will be tuned in tomorrow's build.

More in-depth pass at individual power tuning, resulting in higher average damage output. Tuning still not finalized but feedback is welcome.

Magnetic Barrier (renamed to Electromagnetic Field) now provides 10% damage negation passively, and visually displays Magneto's iconic force field for the duration of the active effect.

Magnetic Aim now only fires while above 75% Debris and cannot hit destructibles. This change now positions the toggle as an effective method of using up excess Debris quickly and safely, without interfering with your other powers in the rotation. Toggling on will consume Debris if you have between 75 and 100, quickly allowing you to pick up any remaining Debris Orbs. The power is now named "Waste Not".

Electromagnetic Surge (now called Polarity Surge) and Magnetic Eruption now deal bonus damage while above 50% Debris instead of dealing increased damage based on the amount of debris. Base damage increased. This allows their play on the secondary resource mechanic to still exist, without making it feel like you must fully capped on Debris in order to acheive maximum effectiveness.

Storm of Steel (Signature) now reduces incoming damage by 60% while channeling. Duration increased to 6 seconds.

Magnetic Attraction can now be used while moving.

Wave of Shards now applies Slow instead of Vulnerability.

Imprison now applies Vulnerability.

Polarity Surge now applies stun instead of slow.

Compressed Shrapnel now briefly knocks down instead of stuns for a long duration.

Compressed Shrapnel and Spike Impale now deal bonus critical damage.

Wrecking Ball now spawns between 1 and 3 Debris orbs per hit.

Scrap Shot chance to create a Debris Orb slightly increased, Shrapnel Barrage chance to create a Debris Orb slightly decreased.

Superiority now passively generates Debris in addition to increasing the amount gained per Debris orb.

Superiority and God Among Insects affected abilities switched - Superiority now affects Magnetic Eruption, and God Among Insects now affects Polarity Surge - this is to smoothen the leveling process since God Among Insects and Polarity Surge unlock at similar levels.

Debris Orb 'pull in' radius reduced to the same as other orbs for consistency. Indomitable passive orb pickup radius increased to +100% to make up the difference, and flattened to that value at all ranks.

TUNING ADJUSTMENTS
We’ve poured through the feedback regarding the tuning system adjustment and have made changes to resolve the issues. While Test Center was active, we were taking a fine tooth comb to individual powers triple-checking for errors, and making some global alterations to adjust some of the nerfs that were seen last build.

GLOBAL ADJUSTMENTS
Overall damage has been increased roughly 5% from the previous build to account for most of the minor decreases seen from the last set of changes.

Single Damage Packet Ultimates (Such as Cable or Hulk)- These were dealing less damage than our original calculations and have been increased since the previous build.

Double-Tap Charges/Dashes - Dash/charge powers that dealt a second packet of damage were, in most cases, not being penalized for the second packet. These powers still deal more damage than standard 'charge' movement powers, but no longer deal over twice as much to a comparable power. This affects Colossus' Osmium Charge, Hulk's Demolishing Charge, Luke Cage's Quick Roll, and Thing's Rockslide Charge.

SPECIFIC POWER TUNING
Specific hero adjustments have been made (such as Captain America's Torqued Shield Throw, Surfer's Microbeam powers, and Psylocke's Assassinate) to deal increased damage from the previous build.

Iron Man's Missile Control System - The triggered missiles from this power did not factor in multiple hits correctly, resulting them to be higher damage than intended.

Ghost Rider's Ultimate has been reduced to its intended damage as was stated in https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/140824/marvel-heroes-2015-1-20-patch-notes#latest It had been dealing too much damage since his recent update and the correction was only internal builds for some time.

Star-Lord's Air - This power was missing the standard base damage reduction for bounce powers, and has received a slight penalty. All Air ammo spenders have received a significant increase in this patch.

All 'explosion on revive' powers have received a massive bonus to the damage output of the explosion. It is intended to clear out most enemies to allow you to escape after the revive effect has occurred.

INDIVIDUAL HERO MECHANICAL CHANGES
Luke Cage's Cage Fighting has been slightly adjusted to no longer give bonus damage per combo point spent, but rather loads that damage into the final finishing hit.

Moon Knight's Explosive Crescent Dart - Area damage is no longer exclusive from the primary target. The target impacted by the explosive dart will take damage from both the regular impact and the AoE impact, so the tooltip will show a slightly lower single target impact value than prior. Adding both values together will show an increase to the primary target than prior to the patch.

Squirrel Girl's Nutcracker - The bonus per squirrel has been reduced to 3% per active Squirrel to put its base damage comparable to other 40% bonus damage powers. This power was subject to error, which had accounted for a lesser number of squirrels (from when her Squirrels had a much lower ramp up rate and the average number out was not equal to the cap).

Squirrel Girl's Autofire Acorns - The ramp up attack speed now caps at 100% bonus rate of fire, and ramps up twice as fast as prior. This power was subject to tuning error before, which did not account for the correct level of rate of fire. This change will make her ranged builds ramp up quicker on each target, and bring up the base damage per acorn.

Taskmaster's Ultimate - The 'level up' bonus of the Students has always caused this power to have a large discrepancy per activation (sometimes they found targets when fully leveled up, sometimes no targets were available). We've increase the base damage of the students, and reduced the bonus they get per level up to X% for each.

Rocket Raccoon's Ultimate - Was previously enjoying a special affix that granted 50% of pet damage as bonus damage to Ultimate with no penalty, resulting in special cases where it could outclass average Ultimates by a factor of 3-4x. This value has been reduced to 30% to bring it closer in damage to other similar Ultimates.

BUG FIXES
Psylocke’s Assassinate will now always gain the bonus damage within 2s of breaking stealth or invisibility

finally fixed psylocke bug

Man, I feel so spoiled right now with all the loot everywhere and super high server side boosts. I've been grinding out omegas to finally get a decent amount (At 1500 atm, was ~800 a day ago).

Are we going to be getting any event with the patch, or just the new stuff and tuning pass? Going back to no event will feel like a crash after this crazy one, :p.

Edit: Just found out that GotG Bark event is coming to celebrate the GotG 12/9 home video release. Crimson Box + Guardians Boost confirmed as included.

Also, X-23 will be pure physical damage type and on TC for testing this Friday.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ryolnir also said this is last time for this event so spend all bark

LuuKyK

Do I have to spend the moonstones before the next patch hits or will it stay? I am so close to getting the power cosmic. :(

Hereafter

Is there any reason to keep sentinel parts? This past week+ has been a really good time to join the game.

Yes, use them to make mini sentinels at the crafter. Then from there, use the mini sentinels to make the sentinels unique.

Nice.

Mind sharing your build?.

Strange is possibly the most flexible character in the game. He can do all content easily, from green terminals to red raid.

Volimar

Is there any reason to keep sentinel parts? This past week+ has been a really good time to join the game.

You can use them to make a unique. Make several of them, then trade in those uniques for gold, other uniques, boxes of runes, etc.

Worth hanging on to.

Top Bottom