• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
new ring thats dropping in icp on tc that someone found. i clearly didnt steal this screenshot lol

X8w8gRW.jpg

it can reroll higher stats and theres one for other dmg types

Dec

only keep cores with Invulnerability and/or Health+Spirit on Medkit Use

Not entirely true, but those are highly sought after.

Some characters may not need the survivability or spirit sustain so they can take a more damage oriented core. Which is actually more effective than people give credit, up to 500 damage rating or so can come from a costume core, provided you can get away with gearing no survivability there.

As for cores to keep you aren't really looking for specific affixes rather than good combinations. The more specific combinations also need to be on relevant cores. Rolling a perfect energy/mental damage core that's Adamantium Alloy is worthless because no character that uses that core is mental damage.

Indignate

I have the 1200 splinters needed to buy X-23 like 6 times.

Nothing will get in the way. Even if they accidentally put an extra 1 in front of her cost, I'm still prepared.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I have the 1200 splinters needed to buy X-23 like 6 times.

Nothing will get in the way. Even if they accidentally put an extra 1 in front of her cost, I'm still prepared.

No pre-sale pack? I'm shocked! I know I'm going to be all over that soon as it goes up.

Indignate

No pre-sale pack? I'm shocked! I know I'm going to be all over that soon as it goes up.

I don't like any of her costumes that they're putting in besides X-Force, but I don't dig the mask and it already looks pretty similar to her default.

Now if they somehow get the zebra print out, I'm all over it. (but I'm sure they'll get her Evolution out first, and I don't like that one much either...)

This event, so good.

206 Omegas and my brand new Power Cosmic from zero to level five in one evening.

If it was like this all the time I could actually see myself getting to 7500 haha..

Man, this event has was fantastic. I'm gonna miss it.

I went from 700ish Omega to 1,800+. Earned enough WS for 7 Power Cosmic, 2 well rolled Ectoplasms & every recipe. Got lucky with RNG for a Cuirass, Cobra Hood and Nisanti Boots (Blue boxes) + 1 GotK, 2 Zolas, 3 WSJs and 2 Taskmaster Guides (drops). I also maxed out a few Legendaries.

Yeah, as a new player this was the best time to start to playing. I feel like I've been spoiled between MMM, Cosmic, and X-Giving events.

Nova
Iron Man
Gambit
Storm
Mr. Fantastic
Star Lord
Cyclops
Doctor Strange
Nightcrawler

All 60. Finished 1 Power Cosmic and 2.5 Gungnirs. Iron Man is pretty decently geared, probably my best, can easily solo most cosmics. I haven't taken him to a raid yet though.

I did use some boosts (I abused the sale a bit, lol). But I don't know how I'm going to keep going after the event, everything's gonna be so much slower.

Also Star Lord is a real blast to play, especially his Elemental Gun tree. Love it.

Veteran players will all be granted a pack of 200 Eternity Splinters to go along with the 200 Eternity Splinters they received for their first victory over Green Goblin and Dr. Doom, back in the day. Everybody’s a winner!
Hope this means that people prior to the splinter system will also get 200 ES as well.

Dec

Seems that random stuff happens if you leave the new log in screen. Like heroes flying around the city/fighting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Venom on TC next weekend. Laura this weekend on Tc and out next week

huh they might get Venom out this year afterall, good on them

Achievements: In iteration and final reward design. ETA TBD.

X-23: Scheduled to be on Test Center by this weekend. Planned release next week.

Clea Team-Up: Scheduled to be on Test Center by this weekend. Planned release next week.

Venom: Scheduled to be on Test Center next weekend.

Hulk 52: Scheduled to be on Test Center next weekend.

Holiday Event: We'll have gifts and a brand new event that will last through the rest of the year.

Various reviews for under performing heroes such as Captain America will come throughout the new year.

edit: spider woman team up out today with Mags, and Chlea out next week. they are ramping up the releases, damn

Indignate

Midtown has zone doors all over the minimap for some reason.

They added a /60 to every portrait on the hero roster next to their current level. I dislike it very much.

ParityBit

As a new player this is all great! But as a new player this is all confusing. So much to do while the doing is good, but no clue which to do! :)

So when does the Axis one-shot come out?

nm: @Ryolnir said: The March to Axis One-Shot is disabled in this build so we can spend an extra week polishing it and creating some awesome new items. Just wanted to give a heads up!

The new login screen is really nice. I saw Moon Knight sail through the air on mine :)
Telling the player what their login gift will be for the next day was a good idea too. Its handy to know and encourages people to play more often.

So, as far as I understand it new players now get 400 ES for their Day 2 reward and they removed the 100 ES rewards from beating the Prologue and Chapter 8. This is great news for newcomers.

To compensate players who have played more than 2 days already, they will receive 200 ES so that the 200 ES from the mission rewards + these 200 will be even with new players. However, what about people who started more than 2 days ago but did not yet beat Chapter 8? Are they screwed out of the extra 100 ES they would have gotten with the old system?

Notes about the revamped Bank Robbery mission:
- This is now a private instance.
- The outside area is much smaller, as previously accessible areas are now gated off.
- Some heroes are now in the area itself (
Spider-Man fighting a mugger and Iron Man giving a press interview
).
- No Sentinals are around anymore.
- Inside the bank, players now have to save 3 groups of hostages and then speak to someone from each group in order to trigger Black Cat. Exp is received the "leader" of each hostage group, whereas before players had to click on each individual hostage to release them for Exp.

To compensate players who have played more than 2 days already, they will receive 200 ES so that the 200 ES from the mission rewards + these 200 will be even with new players. However, what about people who started more than 2 days ago but did not yet beat Chapter 8? Are they screwed out of the extra 100 ES they would have gotten with the old system?

Has anyone gotten their 200 ES? I just logged into my account and I didn't get anything (I was testing a brand new one to see the new player setup when I wrote the previous post).

Has anyone gotten their 200 ES? I just logged into my account and I didn't get anything (I was testing a brand new one to see the new player setup when I wrote the previous post).
I didn't get the chest of splinters. Some people have, some people haven't. And apparently some lucky guys are getting 400 even though they're not new to the game...

Hopefully, they sort it out. Was basically free X-23.
Does this update mean the boxes that dropped from bosses in Midtown and IC are stopping?
There are still Industry City reward boxes, but no more Odin's Bounty or Cosmic Worldstone boxes. Midtown boxes should be back on Monday.

ParityBit

There are still Industry City reward boxes, but no more Odin's Bounty or Cosmic Worldstone boxes. Midtown boxes should be back on Monday.

How are those different from the Odin's? I am new, so I only know the Odin Bounty boxes. Getting so many boxes helped me level up the Human Torch into the mid 50's even with my limited time.

How are those different from the Odin's? I am new, so I only know the Odin Bounty boxes. Getting so many boxes helped me level up the Human Torch into the mid 50's even with my limited time.
Odin's Bounty Chests - XP, gear, runes, Odin marks and very rarely Mysterious Crimson Boxes (which contain a random rare boss-specific artifact e.g. Gem of the Kursed, Arnim Zola's ESP Box).

Midtown Madness boxes - XP, gear, a couple midtown specific items like the Signet and Patrol badge as well I think.

Industry City boxes - XP, gear, ICP boss-specific artifacts i.e. Spider Clone Serum and Essence of Dread, and I think the Brooklyn Signet ring and Patrol badge as well.

Cosmic Worldstone boxes - a few cosmic gear items and worldstones, possible to get Doop runes, Doop sector portals, cosmic insignia upgrade tokens.

ParityBit

Odin's Bounty Chests - XP, gear, runes, Odin marks and very rarely Mysterious Crimson Boxes (which contain a random rare boss-specific artifact e.g. Gem of the Kursed, Arnim Zola's ESP Box).

Midtown Madness boxes - XP, gear, a couple midtown specific items like the Signet and Patrol badge as well I think.

Industry City boxes - XP, gear, ICP boss-specific artifacts i.e. Spider Clone Serum and Essence of Dread, and I think the Brooklyn Signet ring and Patrol badge as well.

Cosmic Worldstone boxes - a few cosmic gear items and worldstones, possible to get Doop runes, Doop sector portals, cosmic insignia upgrade tokens.

Awesome breakdown! Thank you!

Uggg! They messed up the Waypoint menu a bit with this patch. It always defaults to opening in the Prologue, Queens - Entrance in the Story mode tab whenever you select it now. Before it would remember the last selection you made, per tab, and open on the last one selected. It's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nontheless. Especially for farming or doing terminal runs.

Hereafter

Uggg! They messed up the Waypoint menu a bit with this patch. It always defaults to opening in the Prologue, Queens - Entrance in the Story mode tab whenever you select it now. Before it would remember the last selection you made, per tab, and open on the last one selected. It's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nontheless. Especially for farming or doing terminal runs.

This was mentioned quite a few times by people in the tester center by there wasn't any response.

I definitely agree with you on how annoying this is.

Gaz almost always patches out game-breaking bugs that benefit the player before I get home from work. So get that red raid done before 4pm PST. ;p

Still bummed about missing out on those awesome drops from the chests in Man-Ape when that first came out.

Top Bottom