• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

LuuKyK

Venom on TC next weekend. Laura this weekend on Tc and out next week

huh they might get Venom out this year afterall, good on them

Achievements: In iteration and final reward design. ETA TBD.

X-23: Scheduled to be on Test Center by this weekend. Planned release next week.

Clea Team-Up: Scheduled to be on Test Center by this weekend. Planned release next week.

Venom: Scheduled to be on Test Center next weekend.

Hulk 52: Scheduled to be on Test Center next weekend.

Holiday Event: We'll have gifts and a brand new event that will last through the rest of the year.

Various reviews for under performing heroes such as Captain America will come throughout the new year.

edit: spider woman team up out today with Mags, and Chlea out next week. they are ramping up the releases, damn

Wow. December sure will be packed.

Can you imagine the amount of game breaking bugs? lol

And Gaz slipped in a game breaking bug.

It makes your character invincible. Red Raid tonight?

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/154340/elixir-of-immortality-omega-tree

Amazing. :lol

But to be fair, it is called the Elixir of Immortality. :p

Dec

Did a lot of testing with Thor on the raid dummy today...

I'm missing a couple skill points on my uniques because they have challenge bonuses and rerolling isn't going well. 46/48 in spinning/thundering where I could be 49/49. I can also get about 150 damage rating and 300/300 cdr/bdr from minmaxing my taskmaster guide, doom medal and insignia.

At 5300 omegas I was able to get a 48 second raid TTK.

I tried a lot of items like bullseye, lizard, kraven and doom medals and doom came out on top despite being 100 damage short of max.

Also tried gorilla neck in place of taskmaster and it was extremely close, maaaybe gorilla edging out. Too close to matter since my gorilla is going on x-23.

Most of the attempts were between 48-55 seconds no matter what I switch out so I think there are a lot of legit choices, and lucky brutals can make these a little bit inaccurate, but I've ended up settling on:

All of his uniques
lizard, task guide, spiderclone, gok
doom medal

Optimizing omegas actually shaved a few seconds off the time. I was using the new fighting node but after doing the math it's not a good investment. I imagine it might get more attractive when you start running out of options at max omegas.

Moondrop

Banned
Can we get some Omega tips for those of us who have 500-1500 points? The basic recommendation is to start with Spin Tech, but what next?

Dec

And Gaz slipped in a game breaking bug.

It makes your character invincible. Red Raid tonight?

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/154340/elixir-of-immortality-omega-tree

I would be scared to take advantage of this, I don't know if Gaz ever would but a lot of online games I've played have banned for this kind of bug abuse. If any red raids are completed with zero deaths it might be a giveaway lol.

Can we get some Omega tips for those of us who have 500-1500 points? The basic recommendation is to start with Spin Tech, but what next?

Remembering names off the top of my head isn't gonna happen but there are a few really efficient nodes. The meleecrit/critdamage node in neural is great for melee users. Also in there, pain suppression and rorshach is really cheap base damage.

What you want to do is spread your points around if you're low on omegas. There are many nodes you can get that give 1% base damage for example but the more points you add the more the price goes up for the same 1% increase. Instead of maxing a node completely, put half in it and half in a similar one. You'll save some points but get the same outcome.

There is some math involved in deciding what to buy. I don't remember the exact cost but taking super soldier (1 str) for example, say it's 200 points. 1 str is 4% base damage so taking that node for 200 points would be 50 omegas per 1% damage. Rorshach starts at 30 points for 1% base damage and doesn't pass 50 points per 1% until rank 7. You would be better off putting those points in rorshach until that point and end up with 2% or so more base damage than you would have gotten from super soldier.

As a result of this the ratio just keeps rising as you run out of options and have to max things, the last 500 omegas doesn't get you nearly as much as the first 500. The trick is in constantly calculating where you can find the largest damage increase for the cheapest cost.

Dec

Green raid tonight, 11pm EST. About 11 hours from this post.

Anyone can come!

Maybe we can get kepow to let us in his teamspeak server or whatever the hell he has.

I'm sure others could answer better, as I only got to 1,800 Omega Points yesterday. What I had been focusing on initially was Spin Tech (470 Omega) and Rorschach (482+65 Omega) for +600 DR vs Bosses and +10% Base Damage vs enemies with Vulnerable status (1,007 Omega total). I then added Guilt Suppression Research (1,592 total) for +600 Brutal Strike Rating and 10 Spirit on enemy defeat (at the cost of 10 total spirit).

Note: 1% damage increase = 40 Damage Rating at level 60. So, for 470 omega points, Spin gives 15% increase vs. Bosses.

Here are some useful nodes that fit your Omega range:
- 6 points in Warpath (Mutation) costs 1,310 for +6 Fighting (+18% Damage to All Powers).
- 5 points in Antigenesis (Molecular Adjustment) cost 1,340 for +5 Energy (+20% Energy / Mental Damage & -5% E/M Powers Spirit cost), +21.5 Mental Defense and +0.5% Projectile Deflection.
- Maxing Super Soldier Serum (Human Augmentation) cost 1,152 for +5 Strength (+20% Physical Damage & -5% Phys Powers Spirit Cost).
- If doing SSS, then also maxing Reaver Program, the previous node, for 585 more will give another +10% Base Physical Damage).
- If playing a Physical / Energy Hybrid, then maxing Mjolnir (Arcane Attunement) cost 983 for +20% Energy Damage when you hit with a Physical Power.
- Maxing Stormbreaker (Arcane Attunement) costs 1,013 for the same buff as Mjolnir but buffing Physical Damage on Energy hit (it's 30 more because it needs 1 point in Mjolnir to unlock).
- If playing a Physical / Mental Hybrid then the equivalent of Mjolnir is Iron Fist and Stormbreaker is Orphans (the same tab).
- Maxing Psionic Overload (Psionics) cost 1,253 (starting with Precognition) for +25% Base Damage (but at the cost of 5% current HP loss per hit).

Your best bet is likely taking some combination of the above, to fit your available points.

Edit: Dec beat me to the punch :p.

Hereafter

- If playing a Physical / Energy Hybrid, then maxing Mjolnir (Arcane Attunement) cost 983 for +20% Energy Damage when you hit with a Physical Power.
- Maxing Stormbreaker (Arcane Attunement) costs 1,013 for the same buff as Mjolnir but buffing Physical Damage on Energy hit (it's 30 more because it needs 1 point in Mjolnir to unlock).
- If playing a Physical / Mental Hybrid then the equivalent of Mjolnir is Iron Fist and Stormbreaker is Orphans (the same tab).

Do not take the nodes above and make the same mistake I do. The tool tip makes it look to be a 100% up time but it isn't. It's proc based and the percentage is hidden. According to a person testing this in the offical forums, the proc rate is low.

After Spin, it really depends on your character. Just try to keep a ratio of 1-.8 damage / 1 omega spend.

Do not take the nodes above and make the same mistake I do. The tool tip makes it look to be a 100% up time but it isn't. It's proc based and the percentage is hidden. According to a person testing this in the offical forums, the proc rate is low.

After Spin, it really depends on your character. Just try to keep a ratio of 1-.8 damage / 1 omega spend.

Ack! Good to know. The way it reads, sounds like it's a 100% proc whenever you hit with the right power (the same way Power Cosmic works, afaik).

Vecks

Huh. Sounds like a bug--after all those nodes aren't even that great to begin with. But whatever, I guess I'll just reset.

Hereafter

Huh. Sounds like a bug--after all those nodes aren't even that great to begin with. But whatever, I guess I'll just reset.

I love this game I really do. However with amount of bugs and the horribly obtuse mechanics (proc coefficient, internal cool down) it's hard to know what's broken and what isn't.

Do they ever have plans to add more characters from Iron Man? Seems so weird he has like nothing other than his 50 costumes. Ugh please don't say War Machine either.. I'd rather see Living Laser, Mandarin, or a Pepper team-up.

Ahhh, I just checked as I was writing this, it is War Machine. Ugh.

EDIT: As cool as it would be to play Mandarin he's not really an anti-hero and wouldn't fit the motif of allowing villains to be playable. Living Laser.... there's already so many photon heroes coming plus Sue. Would just be redundant.

inky

Wait. 400 splinters? From what?
Or you mean during this event or something...

They changed the starter rewards around and they are giving everyone with a few splinters in compensation (old and new accounts). It was supposed to be 200 for old accounts, but I got 400 instead for some reason *shrugs*

Drayco21

Do they ever have plans to add more characters from Iron Man? Seems so weird he has like nothing other than his 50 costumes. Ugh please don't say War Machine either.. I'd rather see Living Laser, Mandarin, or a Pepper team-up.

EDIT: As cool as it would be to play Mandarin he's not really an anti-hero and wouldn't fit the motif of allowing villains to be playable. Living Laser.... there's already so many photon heroes coming plus Sue. Would just be redundant.

I'd actually think Rescue could make a really neat character of her own, built more around survivability, shielding, healing and stuff over raw damage. Of course, since she's not wearing the armor anymore in the comics and it's unlikely anyone else at Marvel wants to push the Pepper in-armor thing ever again, it probably won't happen.

They've talked about wanting to do MODOK as a playable character before, so I suppose that could be another one.

I'd actually think Rescue could make a really neat character of her own, built more around survivability, shielding, healing and stuff over raw damage. Of course, since she's not wearing the armor anymore in the comics and it's unlikely anyone else at Marvel wants to push the Pepper in-armor thing ever again, it probably won't happen.

Pretty sure they said Rescue was a likely team-up option. There actually was a thread about this around the time Iron Man 3 came out, and I forgot whom it was (probably Ryolnir or Doomsaw), but the Gazillion employee who had participated in the discussion said something among the lines of that they don't think Rescue would make a good playable character because they want each character to be capable of being played by a solo player, and a character focused heavily if not entirely on support, like Rescue would have to be, just is kind of an antithesis to that.
After all, Rescue specifically refuses to use weapons. Her only offensive options would be some movement powers (i.e. running over people with shields active) or maybe knockback blasts.

They've talked about wanting to do MODOK as a playable character before, so I suppose that could be another one.

To be fair, though, MODOK is less of an Iron Man villain and just a general Avengers villain. I couldn't put him into the properties of one specific Avengers member (like Red Skull or Mandarin or Abomination etc.) and feel that he would be covered.

That said, I think that Blizzard has a really fair shot at making it into the game as playable. With the Inhumans getting a big push in the next few years, I'm sure Gazillion is gonna follow suit, and Blizzard is one of the new Inhumans.

Drayco21

Pretty sure they said Rescue was a likely team-up option. There actually was a thread about this around the time Iron Man 3 came out, and I forgot whom it was (probably Ryolnir or Doomsaw), but the Gazillion employee who had participated in the discussion said something among the lines of that they don't think Rescue would make a good playable character because they want each character to be capable of being played by a solo player, and a character focused heavily if not entirely on support, like Rescue would have to be, just is kind of an antithesis to that.
After all, Rescue specifically refuses to use weapons. Her only offensive options would be some movement powers (i.e. running over people with shields active) or maybe knockback blasts.

That's pretty valid- I can see their point. I still think that a support based hero could be made pretty compelling on their own, and with the emphasis on group content lately they'd be helpful, but Rescue would be an uphill battle to work with anyway.

That said, I think that Blizzard has a really fair shot at making it into the game as playable. With the Inhumans getting a big push in the next few years, I'm sure Gazillion is gonna follow suit, and Blizzard is one of the new Inhumans.

I completely forgot about Blizzard- that'd make a lot of sense. Plus, he's one of the few recurring characters of note in Agents of SHIELD, so he's got an MCU push to help him out too.

Moondrop

Banned
Thanks Declarius, AdawgDaFAB, and Hereafter for weighing in on Omegas. Great stuff in Neural. Interesting notes on damage/point balance.

Torn on Magneto; I guess I'll observe other people playing him.

That's pretty valid- I can see their point. I still think that a support based hero could be made pretty compelling on their own, and with the emphasis on group content lately they'd be helpful, but Rescue would be an uphill battle to work with anyway.

It's possible their stance has changed since then, and we might see a more support-focused hero later on. There's several characters that would be great for that, and we already have some characters that have support abilities such as Strange.
I wouldn't be surprised if Iron Fist or Angel (who we know will probably be released in 2016) would have a bunch of support abilities.

I completely forgot about Blizzard- that'd make a lot of sense. Plus, he's one of the few recurring characters of note in Agents of SHIELD, so he's got an MCU push to help him out too.

Oh yeah, that's right. Not sure where that'll put him in relation to the MCU's development, but he's been in the spotlight in the past few years. Makes me think they might slowly try to fill in the popular X-Men characters with Inhumans.

Mulgrok

Both wrong! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgnsmb6ydeI

Pretty excited for Magneto and I actually have the 400 splinters to get him on day 1! Which rarely ever happens for me.

Now THAT is an awesome theme! Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Chat window is buggy as heck since the patch. Have to redo chat tabs every log-in, and the chat history is wiped every time you switch tabs. This is all on top of messages randomly not showing up that are both sent or received.

Update on the Test Center being on Steam:
Kenpo said:
Sorry for the very late response.

This feature was quietly launched so we could monitor issues although we had tested it internally before. It appears that something may have changed on the Steam side that prevents users from downloading the proper build, that is why you are getting that "Please download the latest patch" message.

Currently if we password this Steam beta (public_testcenter, which is not currently passworded) it will allow you to download the right build and join TestCenter as if you had our separate installer, but we'd prefer to not password this so we can make it more widely accessible so as to not have users have to come on the forums to find out about it.

I'll be working to figure out if I can find a way around this with Steam, but if all else fails I'll be happy to password it and let you guys know on the forums.

For now, please opt-out of this Beta. Thanks!

Got home last night to play, only to find a 5GB patch waiting for me.

Sucks to have missed the Dailies, but awwwww yeah MAGS. I shall play the crap out of you this weekend.

Black costume looks so good <3

Vecks

Just saw this on the forums: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/154329/so-this-was-not-in-the-patch-notes-lola-in-game

g946W5v.jpg

It really impresses me that Gaz bothered to do this, for what is essentially a free team-up no less.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Indi, no joke, hows X23 then?

she was up on the TC when Mags was released on live I believe?

KePoW

Banned

man no kidding, agree with you. I cannot stand War Machine, hate him

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
incoming nerf i bet

basically equip these three on magneto and you will have infinite spirit

HMMoncK.png

also those omega nodes that activate of orbs

a good way to go is odin and maxing wonderman (omega)

Indignate

And apparently they did fix the TC on Steam.

Alright,

So we've found out that this is a bug on Steam's end but we don't have to wait for them to fix it.

What I've done now is eliminated the old testcenter opt-in (public_testcenter) and created a new one which you should be able to see now called "public_mh_testcenter". You may have to restart Steam to see this option.

Currently there is no new test center build but we'll be pushing test center builds there on Steam. I am hoping that TC being available on Steam will make it smoother for people to test out our new content so please let me know if you run into any more issues.

I'll probably make a more official post about this in the future.

incoming nerf i bet

basically equip these three on magneto and you will have infinite spirit

HMMoncK.png

also those omega nodes that activate of orbs

a good way to go is odin and maxing wonderman (omega)

You don't need those three on Magneto to have infinite spirit, and doing so will gimp your damage. Furthermore, having infinite spirit is by no means gamebreaking either, so it's nothing worth a nerf.

You don't need those three on Magneto to have infinite spirit, and doing so will gimp your damage. Furthermore, having infinite spirit is by no means gamebreaking either, so it's nothing worth a nerf.

Yeah, I was thinking that you'd be losing out on a LOT of damage by filling three slots with that..

I love Loki's Classic costume. I think its his best. I didnt have a ton of fun playing Loki though. He felt a little weak.

Loki had the same feel for me. Was pretty good fun, but didn't really get the impression that I could be rocking Cosmics and such.

Nice for laughs in MM/Daily SQs though.

inky

I love Loki's Classic costume. I think its his best. I didnt have a ton of fun playing Loki though. He felt a little weak.

I have Lady Loki so I don't think I'll use it much. It's fine, but it has one thing I absolutely hate in superhero costumes and that is those fucking fold over pirate boots. Hate. Them.

Top Bottom